Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

once you've amassed enuff coins its also impossible to lose which is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Oldstench posted:

I wish there was a way for me to turn on the Draconian difficulty stuff without having to restart. Combat's too easy.

try underlevelling. i played the game approx. 7-8 levels underlevelled without any difficulty modifiers and it was pretty challenging .. especially the post game

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
since the encounters arent random its easily done too .. if you get caught by an ambush or while sailing just fight the monsters and ignore the rest and that will keep you right

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah i was doing that though the second half of the game screws it up because everyone returns to the party leveled up so now it's easy again

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
The music is really disappointing.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it's pretty phoned in compared to the scope of everything else in the game, like there's one town theme for 12 different towns

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
music is fine, i just hate that its all midi

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i went in expecting to hate it for that reason but it actually sounds fine and instead i dislike it because there's not enough variety

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

It didnt bother me at all but the orchestral mod kicks rear end

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Tales of Woe posted:

i went in expecting to hate it for that reason but it actually sounds fine and instead i dislike it because there's not enough variety

yeah idc about the midi but having one song for 80% of areas and one song covering every town was really lazy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i'd be more interested in a mod that adds in a bunch of music from other games

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

extremebuff posted:

i'd be more interested in a mod that adds in a bunch of music from other games

Yeah the Hotto theme kicks rear end and when I heard it I was hoping other towns would have throwback themes like that

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

extremebuff posted:

yeah idc about the midi but having one song for 80% of areas and one song covering every town was really lazy

The songs are kinda short too so they repeat all the time

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

a lot of the new songs aren't very good. this is probably becasue they were written by a 90 year old man who can't stop talking about how gays and koreans need to be tossed into tokyo bay, and how you need to lock up chinese ppl in shuttered yodabashi cameras [japanese version of walmart....good place for a black site]. the sound fonts for the sequenced score are also absolutely awful. the default snes trumpet sound from almost 30 years ago sounds better

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

the sound fonts for the sequenced score are also absolutely awful. the default snes trumpet sound from almost 30 years ago sounds better

Yeah thats the real issue with it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

a lot of the new songs aren't very good. this is probably becasue they were written by a 90 year old man who can't stop talking about how gays and koreans need to be tossed into tokyo bay, and how you need to lock up chinese ppl in shuttered yodabashi cameras [japanese version of walmart....good place for a black site]. the sound fonts for the sequenced score are also absolutely awful. the default snes trumpet sound from almost 30 years ago sounds better

lmao

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
fugg i want to play this rn so bad. work ftl

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
The slime quest music is pretty great goo-reat

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Antoine Silvere posted:

The slime quest music is pretty great goo-reat

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
man, that scene at the ruins of dundrasil w rab. great stuff. the voice acting in this game is impeccable

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

extremebuff posted:

yeah this was the real problem with the music. the orchestral mod is fine and all but you're still listening to the same shyt in every zone

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
ah that mermaid story... so sad ;_;

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

mycophobia posted:

man, that scene at the ruins of dundrasil w rab. great stuff. the voice acting in this game is impeccable

rab’s va is awesome. idk who voices anyone in this game because they basically picked from a british theater troupe but the actors are all fantastic

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mycophobia posted:

for real

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mycophobia posted:

thats my favourite bit

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the magic key boss fight on harder monsters is the most hosed up yet, her finger flicks always crit and its a garunteed 1hko on everyone but the hero and jade, her laser beams do 80 damage, normala attack deos 80 damage, and she gets 3 moves and still moves before me most of the time even with decelerate and accelerate thank yo u game

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

that one was prob the 2nd hardest boss I've fought so far, i found the ice witch harder. most of the 2nd half bosses have been easy in comparison

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I beat the magic key boss with a combo of the jade serena and hero pep power and goong gam with multithrust and the single target broadsword skill which was aboit 500hp per turn whew

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Choom Gang

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
got the blue orb. i now have all orbs.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

silver orb boss is MuCH easier than magic key boss

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i dont have any of the hard options turned on so everythings real easy. but thats ok because its still fun and theres a lot to do.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

mycophobia posted:

i dont have any of the hard options turned on so everythings real easy. but thats ok because its still fun and theres a lot to do.

I played on Normal and it becomes a decent challenge after the midway point.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
goddamn it i blew 30 perfectionist pearls trying unsuccessfully to rework a platinum powersword

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

mycophobia posted:

got the blue orb. i now have all orbs.

you have to recollect them lmao

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
drat spoilers much??

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
this game is incredible

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

drat thought i could finish the game today but the postgame is wayyy more elaborate than i was expecting

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Tales of Woe posted:

drat thought i could finish the game today but the postgame is wayyy more elaborate than i was expecting

I think it tacked on like 20+ hours after seeing the credits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Postgame is more like a final chapter than bonus content. It's like a third of the game