Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
If you want to be king of tech, it can be nice to have a ton of vassal cities feeding you tech points from their universities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I forged my first bloodline, it did not go well

The kicker is I was about 100 days from building my tenth castle when this bloodline was forged. At least I have 10 new castles along with my new bloodline, all the vassals I handed them out to are going to find them very useful in their inevitable revolts.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Has anyone formed Israel since getting Holy Fury? I was looking through the files to see some stuff, like what the Saoshyant bloodline gives, and noticed that the bloodline for forming Israel has a unique effect apparently. "bloodline_effect_israel_loans"

Edit: Ride to family Thanksgiving stuff arrived so I had to post that without finishing it. Tangent, though, I wonder if the Saoshyant and Saoshyant descendent traits are staying in now that there's the bloodline. The traits weren't patrilineal nor matrilineal, while the bloodline will be, and they have different effects (descendent trait gives +5 opinion with Zoroastrians, the Saoshyant trait itself is +10 opinion and +20 personal combat score, while the bloodline is +1 monthly piety, +10 church opinion, and a big command bonus against religious enemies), so I can see the traits remaining despite the bloodline; despite them representing the same thing pretty much their effects have no overlap beyond the opinion bonuses stacking for moabads.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Nov 22, 2018

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Saint bloodlines can get kinda nutty. Just had my old man get canonized, and the bloodline bonus was +30% damage to enemies of the faith, +0.5 piety per month and a high chance of zealots joining your wars when you fight other religions.

The last ability seems to trigger all the time, too.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Game needs to loving give you a DANGER TYRANNY popup. :mad:

People are mad because my demense is too big, so I try to give the title out to some random courtier and BAM! I didn't notice the little red X for the council and I have 30 years of tyranny with loving everyone. I keep doing it. Ugh.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Fintilgin posted:

People are mad because my demense is too big, so I try to give the title out to some random courtier and BAM! I didn't notice the little red X for the council and I have 30 years of tyranny with loving everyone. I keep doing it. Ugh.

You get big red text in the box as well. It isn't the game's fault if you don't read it.

I got the "Surrender or Aaargh!" combat event today, which is highly amusing.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Fintilgin posted:

At least it's not as bad as that "Raid"/"Settle down" choice you got as a steppe nomad back in the day.

DeadLetterOfficer
Mar 30, 2011

I said, I've got a big stick.
Turned Conclave back on and really liked the child raising stuff but I forgot how tedious the council stuff is. Now I remember why I turned it off by default. Are there any mods or console shenanigans I can do to neutralise the council mechanics and still have everything else?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AG3 posted:

Wow, vindictive much?

The first game I managed to really play without instant fuckery was Ireland. I basically wiped out two dynasties after they murdered my infant sons and husband. She turned into an epic queen who absolutely would have naturally gotten a terrifying bloodline if it was a feature at the time.

That poo poo's historical. Also fun!

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Strudel Man posted:

If you want to be king of tech, it can be nice to have a ton of vassal cities feeding you tech points from their universities.

Speaking of tech, in my Ireland game I wanted to move my capital to Dublin once I got it, but its tech was so far behind my current capital two counties away I put off doing so until it caught up through drift, which... never happened. Does it not actually set me back as much as I was treating it? How about if I moved my capital to Jerusalem half the world away?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Big downside to autonomous when reforming a religion I hadn't seen before. Not only can you not call great holy wars, but nobody can offer you any support when you get crusaded against. Having a great priest or Fylkiring yourself is really the only viable way to go.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Brown Moses posted:

I forged my first bloodline, it did not go well

The kicker is I was about 100 days from building my tenth castle when this bloodline was forged. At least I have 10 new castles along with my new bloodline, all the vassals I handed them out to are going to find them very useful in their inevitable revolts.
Uhhh, unless you were going for the hybrid 15 years of peace, build castles (which it sounds like you were not) you rolled a far, far better one.

Why build castles when you can just plot to take them?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So, how do the new crown artifacts work? I know there are a few crowns that exist when the game starts, and some more that come into existence with certain achievements, but what about the rest? Do you make them, or get them from events, or are they all specific to a fee particular titles and things? Also, since they're artifacts, do they conflict with wearing crown jewels you have smithed and which, unlike the dev diary pics of the new crowns, actually have stats? I really like the idea of crowns showing up in your portrait and all, but haven't seen much of anything about them after that one dev diary, so I'm wondering if there aren't actually that many in the game.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
A funny bug I've noticed: If you do the satanic baptism, when the kid comes of age for some reason both events fire on their parent, so you get one text box that says "it's time to usher them into the dark" and then a second with "My mom/dad woke me up in the middle of the night and took me to a strange place".

My current ruler is the empress of Hispania and got outed as a satanist so all of her vassals hate her... but she's also the head of the satanic order so now my mission is to just recruit them all so even if they hate me they'll all have the "loyal servant" automatic success modifier to any diplomatic action, although annoyingly their negative opinions still prevent me from changing inheritance laws. I feel like the -50 general opinion for being outed as a demon worshipper shouldn't apply to other satanists. I haven't been crowned yet, and also got excommunicated (and the pope keeps asking me to change to gavelkind to lift my excommunication so gently caress that) so my main goal has been to try to flip to a heresy or just switch to free investiture (unfortunately I already changed crown laws as this character so unless I roll the immortal event I probably won't live long enough to change them again. Then again she is only 28, can eat her children as a satanist, AND already won the "chess with death" event so maybe she'll be like the one character in this game to live past 35).

*edit* I managed to get my excommunication lifted by joining a crusade. I got coronated during the preparation period and decided to crown myself because hey, I'm basically the Pope of satanism, and was immediately excommunicated again. I had to pay the Pope 1600 gold just to show up and get myself excommunicated but hey, I'm legitimate now.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Nov 23, 2018

GHOST_BUTT
Nov 24, 2013

Fun Shoe

TaurusTorus posted:

I have a pile of the testes and eyes of those who wronged me.

Why isn't "Testes of a Rival" a thing I can keep in my treasury

DeadLetterOfficer posted:

Turned Conclave back on and really liked the child raising stuff but I forgot how tedious the council stuff is. Now I remember why I turned it off by default. Are there any mods or console shenanigans I can do to neutralise the council mechanics and still have everything else?

I mean in theory if you're just looking for a Yes Man council you could just use the add_friend command on all of them but that sounds like it would be singularly boring game play tbqh.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Roland Jones posted:

So, how do the new crown artifacts work? I know there are a few crowns that exist when the game starts, and some more that come into existence with certain achievements, but what about the rest? Do you make them, or get them from events, or are they all specific to a fee particular titles and things? Also, since they're artifacts, do they conflict with wearing crown jewels you have smithed and which, unlike the dev diary pics of the new crowns, actually have stats? I really like the idea of crowns showing up in your portrait and all, but haven't seen much of anything about them after that one dev diary, so I'm wondering if there aren't actually that many in the game.

Give this a once over. It's pretty fleshed out already.
https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Artifacts

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Volkerball posted:

Give this a once over. It's pretty fleshed out already.
https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Artifacts

Am I missing something? I can't find anything on this subject besides the aforementioned smithed crown jewels, which I already knew about, and a few things that already existed like the Iron Crown of Lombardy. None of the new Holy Fury ones seem to be here.

I'm talking about the ones mentioned in this dev diary, in case it's not clear. Stuff like the "Karen Crown". (Though the cursed diamond crown is there too and got a portrait version, despite being an older item, so that's cool.)

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
Honestly it's probably just that the wiki is out of date?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Roland Jones posted:

I don't know much about making new crowns, but A) they do interfere with crown jewels, but B) the one crown I found (for the Byzantine emperor) was vastly superior to any normal crown jewels.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Roland Jones posted:

Am I missing something? I can't find anything on this subject besides the aforementioned smithed crown jewels, which I already knew about, and a few things that already existed like the Iron Crown of Lombardy. None of the new Holy Fury ones seem to be here.

I'm talking about the ones mentioned in this dev diary, in case it's not clear. Stuff like the "Karen Crown". (Though the cursed diamond crown is there too and got a portrait version, despite being an older item, so that's cool.)

Oh, I hadn't seen that part. I thought you were referring to the different crowns you could smith and things like the iron crown of lombardy. It looks like they function the same as the iron crown of lombardy, but are tied to different titles? Maybe you have a chance of getting an event if you hold one of those titles? Not sure. Looks cool.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I feel like the -50 general opinion for being outed as a demon worshipper shouldn't apply to other satanists.

"Charles, why do you not obviously hate the wicked Devil-worshippers?"

"Er..."

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hellioning posted:

I don't know much about making new crowns, but A) they do interfere with crown jewels, but B) the one crown I found (for the Byzantine emperor) was vastly superior to any normal crown jewels.

I hope the statless pictures from the dev diary were just due to them being incomplete/previews then. Unique crowns are a very cool idea.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Jedit posted:

"Charles, why do you not obviously hate the wicked Devil-worshippers?"

"Er..."

counterpoint:

"Oh hey look it's Mr Big Dick Satanist!"

"Shut up."

"Watch out guys Sultan Satan over here announcing all of his big bad Satan plans!"

"Guys stop it."

"Stop loving up."

i had a satan daughter as a muslim ruler in a multiplayer game and she killed all my male heirs

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Random ruler I did a business deal with. I'm glad him and his wife found each other :)

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Boy the new (well to me) Jade Dragon CBs make it much easier to conquer your way into controlling a bunch of vassals. But what is the best way to go about booting these bums out and personally controlling some holdings?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Captain Beans posted:

Boy the new (well to me) Jade Dragon CBs make it much easier to conquer your way into controlling a bunch of vassals. But what is the best way to go about booting these bums out and personally controlling some holdings?

Have title revocation allowed, and then bully the hell out of them until they plot to kill someone, then attempt to arrest them and hope you fail, making them a rebel you can revoke from with no tyranny.

If you actually arrest them, I dunno. Ransom them or sacrifice them to satan or something.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

If they're in your capital duchy, you can also plot to revoke their title without having that law passed.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Also remember you can always just do what you want and eat the tyranny penalty.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
:getin:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Does having your councilmember researching tech in a count make that county 'Hotter' for tech growth, making tech growth push out from it farther, or does it make a county more 'magnetic' for tech, drawing high tech toward it? like i want to put him in the rear end end of nowhere hicks vill to pull tech from the capital, or put him in the capital to turn up the heat?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

SlothfulCobra posted:

Also remember you can always just do what you want and eat the tyranny penalty.

Yeah it rules when you get popular enough that even your hated rival is 50+ opinion. Just do whatever you want at that point.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

winterwerefox posted:

Does having your councilmember researching tech in a count make that county 'Hotter' for tech growth, making tech growth push out from it farther, or does it make a county more 'magnetic' for tech, drawing high tech toward it? like i want to put him in the rear end end of nowhere hicks vill to pull tech from the capital, or put him in the capital to turn up the heat?
The latter. It makes it grow faster in the place where the researcher is located.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Update on the crowns thing, have found some crowns in the artifact files. Looks like they do have stats and the preview image was just incomplete or whatever. The "Pahlavi Crown", which is the one associated with the Persian Empire in the files and thus I assume the "Karen Crown" from the dev diary, is +1 monthly piety and prestige, +2 stewardship and diplomacy, and gives +10 vassal opinion, which is pretty dang good, for example. It also has quality 5, and cannot be gifted, presumably to prevent things like this:

Other new crowns include ones for the Fylkir of all the reformed pagan religions, a "Crusader King Helmet-Crown", a "Winged Helmet-Crown" (described as a "Teutonic reward" in a comment), and a "Wrapped Helmet-Crown ("Reconquista reward"). And of course the Byzantine one, but everyone knows about that one since they always have it.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Something odd I noticed looking at the file for the various reformation choices. Many of the natures seem to set conversion priorities in a rather undesirable way, if the settings behave the way that the 00_religions says.

Specifically, religions have ai values for "convert other groups" and "convert same groups," to determine whether the AI will attempt to convert people of the same and other opinion groups. These can be 2 (AI rulers always attempt to convert), 1 (They attempt if their 'zeal' parameter is high), or 0 (never try.) In the base game, the only people who have convert other groups at 0 are unreformed pagans, and nobody has convert same group at 0.

Of the new reformed natures, though. Only the proselytizing nature sets both parameters to 2. Defensive sets both parameters to 1. And Peaceful, Warlike, Dogmatic, and Cosmopolitan all set the convert_other parameter to 0, which seems...crippling, for AI rulers never even to try to convert conquered territory of non-pagan faiths. I mean, even Jains are convert_same 1, convert_other 2.

I haven't fully tested if that's how they behave in practice, though. My first hellenic reformation game I picked proselytizing. My second I picked warlike, and while it's true that none of my vassals are converting anything, that's complicated by another bug which means they barely have any council members appointed due to a lack of women in their courts.

Has anybody else noticed their reformed pagan vassals under peaceful/warlike/dogmatic/cosmopolitan converting provinces? Or not doing so?

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Nov 23, 2018

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Roland Jones posted:

Other new crowns include ones for the Fylkir of all the reformed pagan religions, a "Crusader King Helmet-Crown", a "Winged Helmet-Crown" (described as a "Teutonic reward" in a comment), and a "Wrapped Helmet-Crown ("Reconquista reward"). And of course the Byzantine one, but everyone knows about that one since they always have it.

I started as a vassal in the Byzantine Empire, and by the time my guy got elected emperor, the previous one didn't have the crown anymore due to one of his predecessors being installed by a faction demand. :argh: How do I get that awesome crown now?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Roland Jones posted:

Only special crowns I've seen so far are the iron crown of Lombardy and the Byzantine imperial diadem. Haven't noticed anything with finding or creating anything special. The special crowns do conflict with the regular crown you get with the smith and they have special requirements before they can be equipped: the iron crown requires you to be christian and the imperial diadem requires that you be the Byzantine emperor. In fact, if you restore the roman empire you can never again equip the diadem and it becomes useless. You get the appearance of a laurel wreath from the Augustus trait but there's no item that comes with it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Forming the Holy Roman Empire gives you the Reichskrone, and I think you get a special crown by forming the Persian Empire.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Volkerball posted:

Pretty sure people dying of natural causes in prison count too

It does.

I have a guy that I'm getting close to 200 kills on, and a large number of them were un-ransomable people who died in prison while waiting for their turn in the blót

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So what weird conquests are people seeing? Because I've got a France ruled by a dynasty founded by a Songhay woman who destroyed the Karlings in western Europe, and a Levant ruled by a big Hindu kingdom that has thus far resisted two successive Jihads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Agh, more little bugs. If you have Ragnarr's bloodline allowing you to be a pirate/viking, the more advanced traits (ravager, sea-king) disappear on loading a game.