Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The great NBA stories of Memphis, Sacramento, Milwaukee and Indiana prolly doesn't translate well outside hard core NBA circles....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Lockback posted:

The great NBA stories of Memphis, Sacramento, Milwaukee and Indiana prolly doesn't translate well outside hard core NBA circles....

Milwaukee and Indy are pretty small as national TV markets go, that doesn't help.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Milwaukee's hometown support though can be super fierce though if you win them over.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I wonder how much of that is attributable to what they're talking about and how much of it is just the continued death of TV

chunkles fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 22, 2018

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

chunkles posted:

I wonder how much of that is attributable to what they're talking about and how much of it is just the continued death of TV

Since it's early on in the season it's honestly probably more of the former. On top of that the regular season hasn't mattered for years now since the NBA finals were foregone conclusions, and it's all the tougher when the only 2 teams that matter at all on a national scale are both out west, and the top sacrificial lamb in the east is an international market with no nielsen ratings.

E:vvvv lol also true

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I doubt TV will be replaced by the other way people watch the NBA, 10-second GIFs on Twitter.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Lockback posted:

This is true. They're still good stories so it's on other people to get on our level.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

chunkles posted:

The believe the NFL this year manages to stop the bleeding. Their ratings are flat or even a little up from last year.

I thought the NBAs ratings had been going up the last couple years. NBA just needs to get a couple actual good east coast teams, and one of them can’t be in Toronto.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Boston and Philadelphia aren't good?

Some of this is just a natural eb and flow coming off a few years of growth. It seems like the NFL is a little more engaging this year and some of the NBA viewership may be going there right now.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Bird in a Blender posted:

The believe the NFL this year manages to stop the bleeding. Their ratings are flat or even a little up from last year.

while it's an isolated week, all four NFL games this week are up from the same games last year

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

while it's an isolated week, all four NFL games this week are up from the same games last year

To be fair one of these four games was the most hyped regular season game in quite a while and actually managed to live up to it. And overcome the horrible broadcast it was on.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

that tiger-phil at&t money grab going on today

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1066098895120474112

lol

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

This delights me greatly.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

This delights me greatly.
Even more hilarious is that a PPV of literally watching paint dry would be more entertaining.
All that money on the line and Phil & Tiger turned into duffers.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/1066468485553946624?s=19

Football: where child rapist and wife-beating coaches are adversities for programs to overcome.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Gus made a big deal about all the adversity the Penn State program overcame a few years ago too

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
He mentioned Urban’s brain worms a bunch of times too.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah recognizing the cyst is fine, but beyond that it's completely inexcusable.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DJExile posted:

Yeah recognizing the cyst is fine, but beyond that it's completely inexcusable.

It was fine once or twice but not literally every time a negative play happened.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ourand_sbj/status/1067161448487489536?s=21

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shut it down, we're done here:
https://twitter.com/HQonESPN/status/1067176168862900226

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pac 12 Network has basically completely given up trying to be on ATT Uverse. I'm honestly not sure who's even carrying them at this point.

They're also spending a frankly hilarious amount of money day to day

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
1) My provider (Charter) gives me the Pac-12 Networks.
2) I'm starting a "Colorado back to the Big 12" rumor.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

It was on Uverse but instead of AT&T Merger solving things for DirecTV as most people predicted, it went the other way.

Edward Mass posted:

1) My provider (Charter) gives me the Pac-12 Networks.
2) I'm starting a "Colorado back to the Big 12" rumor.

Pac 12 yelling "please don't throw me in the briar patch" about this.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I somehow get the Pac-12 network in Chicago through Comcast.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m in Columbus and I get PAC-12 network plus all the overrun channels for when there are multiple games.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I don't have a clip on hand, but Will Cain ethered Stephen A., then proceeds to call Le Batard and do this:
https://twitter.com/Ryan_Cortes/status/1068541191032053765

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ESPNPR/status/1068580355094007808

remember, it's a completely new channel

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

iospace posted:

I don't have a clip on hand, but Will Cain ethered Stephen A., then proceeds to call Le Batard and do this:
https://twitter.com/Ryan_Cortes/status/1068541191032053765

Why is there a Wii U on his desk.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

RBX posted:

Why is there a Wii U on his desk.

STEPHEN A: Skip I want to ADDRESS this issue.
[BAYLESS nods]
You KNOW I am sensitive to the Switch
BAYLESS: Absolutely
STEPHEN A: BUT!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/readdanwrite/status/1070181321962598400?s=21

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Well, the honeymoon of "Huh, A Rod isn't that bad in the studio" is over.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Aren't the Barstool clowns red Sox fans who thought Jeter Sucks Arod swallows was the height of comedy

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

iospace posted:

Well, the honeymoon of "Huh, A Rod isn't that bad in the studio" is over.

As long as theres a picture of a Mike Francesca centaur I'm ok with this.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

Aren't the Barstool clowns red Sox fans who thought Jeter Sucks Arod swallows was the height of comedy

yes except now it's also hilarious to be antisemitic, show off your employees naked in the shower without their consent, and take every avenue possible to be creepy as hell to women.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Fox Sports is going to use Roundball Rock for some college basketball games.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Edward Mass posted:

Fox Sports is going to use Roundball Rock for some college basketball games.

Hell yeah finally something good about the Big Ten being on Fox.

It's still so dumb that he offered it to ESPN/ABC and they turned it down in favor or the boring rear end NBA theme they have now.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Thank you for the reminder to watch my favourite video again - the Kawhi Laugh Roundball Rock.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

please do not use roundball rock, which is pavlovically associated in my mind with the Jordan Bulls, to introduce a Big Ten Network basketball game between Northwestern and Rutgers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
The Jordan Bulls are Sirius, come on