Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The taxi driver didn't seem to mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Patware posted:

the guy who was super into scaring the absolute poo poo out of people so he could put them in tiny pocket prisons just in case he needed them later?

that dude was pretty bad

I mean he was bad, but I'm not sure he was I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream deserving bad.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

diavolo definitely deserved what he got, to revisit the earlier topic

like, to an extent he's responsible for every hosed up thing passione did. just outright.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Pucci quite literally killed off the entire Universe. If anyone deserved infinite dying, it was him.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

TheLoneStar posted:

Pucci quite literally killed off the entire Universe. If anyone deserved infinite dying, it was him.

he brought it back though.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
remember when polnareff yelled at mista to pierce his stand on the arrow? where's THAT ending

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Waiting for the day when Araki names a stand gently caress You

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Uh, Sports Maxx already has a Stand

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

yeah actually they will posted:

remember when polnareff yelled at mista to pierce his stand on the arrow? where's THAT ending
Wow mista gets six requiem stands

Would he stab em individually or stake em like a kabob

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't mean Flaccid Pancake, the one who lurks in the dark

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
uh limp bizkit does not "lurk" in the dark, it's the one who indulges in the dark, the one who emerges from the dark :goonsay:

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I want a Requiem/Heaven-Ascended version of Survivor but it’s called World Star

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

Wow mista gets six requiem stands

Would he stab em individually or stake em like a kabob

The one he stabs becomes a full size close range power type. The rest stay the same size

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

rereading the last half of part 5, and seeing the bullets die gruesomely every couple of chapters is p horrifying

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Looks like they're going to keep up the Passione backstories for introductory fights; Mista's was this episode.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Hogama posted:

Looks like they're going to keep up the Passione backstories for introductory fights; Mista's was this episode.

I like that; it's really personalizing them a bit more early on.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

My big question is when will we get Rolling Stones?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

If they don't end on Rolling Stones like it's supposed to, they're cowards and frauds.

I love Mista's backstory, given how much Pt5 is tied up with the idea of fate. Mista wasn't meant to die, even with 4 dudes shooting at him, so he just...didn't die.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I wonder if they just took out how Mista met Bruno or if that's going to be shown later.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

If they don't end on Rolling Stones like it's supposed to, they're cowards and frauds.

I love Mista's backstory, given how much Pt5 is tied up with the idea of fate. Mista wasn't meant to die, even with 4 dudes shooting at him, so he just...didn't die.

It's also a neat reference to this scene, I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ae6B7C05Nk

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The episode ends before the Next Episode title, but no matter what we get Trish next week

also a couple times, Mista's eyes have the cut out triangles that either Diavolo or Pucci gets which is interesting

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The JP broadcast had it.
It'll be "Episodio 09

The First Mission from the Boss"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Cool, I assume next week will be mostly story heavy, maybe just barely start Aerosmiths introduction.

I do wonder where they're going to put the rest of Mistas backstory, I don't really know where a better place would be exactly. Maybe they'll flesh it out a bit more like that they did with Abbacchios

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I think next week might just end with the start of the Little Feet fight, like how last week's started with the start of Kraftwerk, so all the episodes are staggered a little. But yeah, Trish is definitely next week :allears:

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

While yes, it’s ~F.A.T.E.~, isn’t that supposed to be Mista subconsciously using Sex Pistols, like how Giorno grew the grass around the mobster, or how Star Platinum was just shoplifting poo poo for Jotaro.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

While yes, it’s ~F.A.T.E.~, isn’t that supposed to be Mista subconsciously using Sex Pistols, like how Giorno grew the grass around the mobster, or how Star Platinum was just shoplifting poo poo for Jotaro.

Mista didn't have his stand yet

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
I don't think they outright say that. If Araki wanted that to be the case, then the narration would have said that, like with Giorno subconsciously growing the grass and Star Platinum trying to buy Jotaro's love.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also FATE could have just made his Stand develop at that time.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's just a weird backstory, those are par for the course for jojo. unless it says otherwise just consider it a Weird Thing.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the narrator even calls it nothing short of miracle. it could be some latent thing where Mista is just a natural shot and cool under pressure that influences what Sex Pistols would be, like Rohan, but i feel it's just Tales Of The Weird kinda thing

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

araki could make a character's backstory some poo poo like 'and then this person participated in a pie eating contest and in their 17th pie they bit into the blade of the knife that was used to kill their grandfather back in world war 2 which somehow made its way there despite all the odds and that's why this person believes in solipsism' and i wouldn't even loving blink, and even beyond that their stand would just be some esoteric, unrelated poo poo like 'they can tell people's fortunes using a set of alf-themed pogs and those fortunes always come true'

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Man I forgot how brutal some of the villain deaths are in Part 5. I guess he didn't technically die, but still.

Cioccolata is going to be a trip.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
My favorite bit is how apparently they were just continuously firing on him as he reached forward, snatched the rapist's gun and bullets, loaded them, and then shot everyone.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Man I forgot how brutal some of the villain deaths are in Part 5. I guess he didn't technically die, but still.

Cioccolata is going to be a trip.

I hope Cioccolata being MUDA'd is just that episode's end credits. Just MUDA for as long as the ending takes.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Does Aerosmith transfer damage to Narancia?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FirstAidKite posted:

It does, it happens in Narancia's very first fight too.

Speaking of I'm glad that's coming soon, I forgot the part where Aerosmith can't find the guy because of the exploded car so Narancia is just like "gently caress it I'll blow up all of the cars."

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Yes, micro-size Formaggio hit the plane in the left wing when it flies in the sewer and it wounds Narancia's left arm.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
so, I heard that in part 5 if a stand gets hit with the arrow it becomes a super stand

in that case, isn't the entire arc basically like Raiders of the Lost Ark where if GioGio had just let Black Sabbath win at the very beginning everything would have been better

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I think you need to be ~worthy~ or something

so at that point in Giorno's character development it would have just killed him

At best it might have evolved his stand power like the arrow did with Kira

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

so, I heard that in part 5 if a stand gets hit with the arrow it becomes a super stand

in that case, isn't the entire arc basically like Raiders of the Lost Ark where if GioGio had just let Black Sabbath win at the very beginning everything would have been better

Wouldn’t he still die from the arrow in his neck?