Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Should I get wolfenstein or doom on digital sale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yes

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
:argh: Let's pretend I can only get one.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Doom

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DOOM for sure

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

FPzero posted:

Struck out at my Walmart for Diablo 3. There weren't any copies left so maybe other people caught wind of the sale. Can't confirm if the price is still live or not.

The glitch is still working as of a few hours ago according to reddit

My walmarts were out of Diablo, but I did get DOOM for 12

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

A Bag of Milk posted:

Holy moly, I can't play in handheld mode for more than like 45 minutes without hand cramps and thought I was the only one. Never knew this existed but it seems VERY intriguing....
I've got a whole host of issues with my hands and this minimizes them so well, I couldn't see myself without it. I'm thinking of getting their joycon minigrip as well. I would recommend getting the case that's made for it, it's pretty much the best on the market as well.

E-Money posted:

Couple of quick Joycon questions:

1) Is there a good Joycon grip that can also fit in the dock?
2) If not, what's the consensus on the best Joycon grip?

My hands (especially my left one) fall asleep after like 20 minutes playing in portable.
1. Not to my knowledge
2.Look at the satisfye minigrip.

https://satisfye.com/products/mini-gaming-grip

Their quality is really unmatched.

They just started shipping.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 23, 2018

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Cool that it's gonna have the second best soundtrack of any game released that day

savage yet accurate

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

If you don't have either Diablo or Doom, and the Walmart glitch is still active, run out and get either/both right now.

I've been playing Diablo all day and I don't know where this has been all my life.

Hanzo Steel
Nov 22, 2008
Yo canada goons - Best Buy has some Switch games on 50% off for Black Friday. Mostly nothing crazy but I did order Dragon Ball Fighterz at half price.

Also some of the first party games $30 bucks off - Kirby Star Allies, Mario Tennis and DK Tropical Freeze (sold out online somehow).

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Well poo poo I can’t believe that walmart deal actually worked. Got Doom and Diablo for $30.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Healbot posted:

But neither Sonic 3 nor Sonic 3 & Knuckles. :(

Hot take: Sonic 3 is kind of bullshit :ssh: Seriously, I loved it for years, and last year, I took a serious run through for the first time in a while, and wow, does that game continually stop you from doing fun stuff and going fast. Anything after Angel Island (Hydro City isn't too bad, except Sonic plus water has never been actually good) is complete and total bullshit.

I went from a huge fan to thinking that it's worse than Sonic 1.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
If I buy the physical version of a Switch game, does anything get installed on the system memory?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Look Sir Droids posted:

If I buy the physical version of a Switch game, does anything get installed on the system memory?

Depends on the game, some (including doom apparently) have mandatory downloads and installs

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hot take: Sonic 3 is kind of bullshit :ssh: Seriously, I loved it for years, and last year, I took a serious run through for the first time in a while, and wow, does that game continually stop you from doing fun stuff and going fast. Anything after Angel Island (Hydro City isn't too bad, except Sonic plus water has never been actually good) is complete and total bullshit.

I went from a huge fan to thinking that it's worse than Sonic 1.

It is actually super good and even better with Sonic & Knuckles combined. But since someone found the same bassline of Ice Cap Zone's music in an 80's song by one of Michael Jackson's producers I guess there's been some licensing issues.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Well poo poo I can’t believe that walmart deal actually worked. Got Doom and Diablo for $30.

I've been driving for the last several hours and completely missed what this is all about. I take it the prices are severly reduced, but only if you buy the game in store?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

BisterdDave posted:

I've been driving for the last several hours and completely missed what this is all about. I take it the prices are severly reduced, but only if you buy the game in store?

Plz tell me this is the case. Just semi drunkenly dropped the hammer on both digitally. $60 isn't really a big dealbreaker, but...Mah money! :bahgawd:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I've never really clicked with any of the Sonic games. I get why people like them, but I didn't really grow up with them aside from the Game Gear Sonic 2 and that probably colored my view of them but I can't even play Sonic Mania for more than a couple minutes before I just get frustrated by it. They're just not fun games to me.

I did really enjoy Freedom Planet though :shrug:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

BisterdDave posted:

Apparently Walmart put the discounts in its computers accidentally, so if you buy it in-store, it rings up way cheaper than the list price.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

It's real nice Diablo seems to keep as much in memory as it can as there are so few loading screens after the he initial one.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice
I just got a Switch, and god drat is this system awesome. Played high-def Zelda on the couch while the wife watched TV. Incredible.

I'm just overwhelmed with the amount of stuff to play on this thing, though. Got Hollow Knight because I've heard great things, but I know I want Stardew, Mario Odyssey, probably Diablo 3, Smash Bros. coming up...holy poo poo, don't know how to get through it all.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Graviija posted:

I just got a Switch, and god drat is this system awesome. Played high-def Zelda on the couch while the wife watched TV. Incredible.

I'm just overwhelmed with the amount of stuff to play on this thing, though. Got Hollow Knight because I've heard great things, but I know I want Stardew, Mario Odyssey, probably Diablo 3, Smash Bros. coming up...holy poo poo, don't know how to get through it all.

:hellyeah:

If ya like jrp poo poo check out octopath and valkyria chronicles og/4 <<the latter on deep discount rn.

Zelda notwithstanding, the system is kinda lacking on some solid open world type games however.

Enjoy the "nearly perfect" console though.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

dog nougat posted:

Should I get wolfenstein or doom on digital sale?

doom

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
So I’ve been looking into the PowerA wireless GameCube controller and the store page mentions AA batteries. Is it not rechargeable?

Is this the big official wireless one I should be looking at?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07HDTX1HW

Is this the good one? It’s currently on Lightning deal.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

GreatGreen posted:

Is the wireless Gamecube controller out yet?

Has anybody tried it? How does it play? How's the d-pad?

It feels good but I haven't used it for any games yet. The D-pad is decent enough with an added bonus of being bigger than an actual (useless) GameCube D-pad. It's not rechargeable though and doesn't support Rumble or NFC, but it does have gyro. Quality is pretty drat good.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

LethalGeek posted:

It's real nice Diablo seems to keep as much in memory as it can as there are so few loading screens after the he initial one.

yeah it’s a little annoyingly long entering and leaving games but it’s super made up for by how you can warp anywhere in the game almost instantly.

I wonder why they don’t let you increase the difficulty in season mode , which would slightly decrease the need to remake games.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
Are there any portable chargers people recommend?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

s.i.r.e. posted:

It feels good but I haven't used it for any games yet. The D-pad is decent enough with an added bonus of being bigger than an actual (useless) GameCube D-pad. It's not rechargeable though and doesn't support Rumble or NFC, but it does have gyro. Quality is pretty drat good.

So the wired one is better then because gently caress buying batteries.

Got it, thanks!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Xeras posted:

Anything that’s certified by Nintendo. The Switch is very picky about USB-C outputs so you don’t want to risk frying it.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Xeras posted:

My understanding is that for portable undocked charging, just don’t use anything you wouldn’t plug your phone into.

I use an Anker PowerCore battery and an Amazon Basics cable. Works great.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

When will Ys be 8 be on sale.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Can I add friend codes for people who only have wiiu? My buddy hasn't gotten a switch yet but I'll see him tomorrow and wanted to add him.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

:toot: :toot: :toot: Just bought a Swiiiiiiiitch!

:negative:... Which is mostly a present for our son and kind of of the whole family, and is therefore not going to be opened until Christmas day :negative:

Goons, I can't believe joycons are so goddamned expensive. $50CAD!!

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Hi dear friends. What is the best controller setup for Smash bros on Switch for my little nephews? They all would play on Wii U with the classic and pro controllers and like those.

Thanks in advance!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm getting so desperate for Smash that I got Torna to tide me over the next two weeks

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm getting so desperate for Smash that I got Torna to tide me over the next two weeks

Good call.

Me before Ultimate Chicken Horse: :shrug:

Me after Ultimate Chicken Horse: DEATH DEATHHHHHHHH I loving LOVE DEATHHHH

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

New characters coming to Mario Tennis Aces.

Luma and Pauline weren't in the datamine.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mario is $45 on Amazon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Inzombiac posted: