Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
One thing I've noticed is that GioGio definitely seems the most plain Jojo so far, at least since Jonathan himself. The supporting cast is def the strongest yet though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The thing to remember is that Giorno's own parental figures failed him as parents and he exists as a composite of the graceful, knightly, gentlemanly. impulsive nature of Jonathan but with the pure charisma, tenacity, passion, and drive of Dio.

stoic665
Nov 8, 2009

BaDandy posted:

The pacing of these episodes makes it feel like everything is over in like five minutes. I'm not complaining, but the JoJo goes by so fast. :(

Well, that's what happens when you wake up feeling so horny

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Giorno, a Joestar, got in the truck, a vehicle.

RIP Truck Guy.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I also appreciate this seems to be the only part in jojo where the characters just straight up merc the enemy

Nah there were quite a few kills in part 3.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
That dude scaling the mountain by attaching handholds in mid-air was cool as hell. Gimme that weird rear end JoJo stand poo poo

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
When I first saw Mista's hand get stuck I thought it was just, like, a sticky or magnetic sort of Stand but then he started pulling some Immovable Rod poo poo and then he started using it like the Stasis thing in the new Zelda. Anyway Kraftwerk is one of those delightful Stands that reminds me that the ideal Jojo video game is not a fighting game, but rather one of those rear end in a top hat physics simulators.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm going to eternally still hold that the perfect jojo game would be basically like shenmue

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Kraftwerk is a great stand, I would have loved if it was a protagonist stand so we could have seen more stuff done with it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I really hope that the last two stands aren't extremely lame, but they don't inspire me with a lot of confidence. Narancia's stand especially looks silly in the intro.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

RatHat posted:

Nah there were quite a few kills in part 3.

theres like 4 who get ganked at the immediate start in part 3 plus j geils later

after that I dont think its until you get to pet shop that the protagonists actually kill someone though enya does die due to spore and n'doul kills himself

Cant really blame him for forgetting because it's so goddamned frontloaded

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm going to eternally still hold that the perfect jojo game would be basically like shenmue

Same, except the perfect jojo game would be basically don't poo poo your pants

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Giorno, a Joestar, got in the truck, a vehicle.

RIP Truck Guy.

Hey, Jotaro drove a car to Morioh and nothing happened to that guy.

Grapplejack posted:

I really hope that the last two stands aren't extremely lame, but they don't inspire me with a lot of confidence. Narancia's stand especially looks silly in the intro.

I wouldn't call either lame, extreme or otherwise. Fugo's is cooler than Narancia's, though.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

exploded mummy posted:

theres like 4 who get ganked at the immediate start in part 3 plus j geils later

after that I dont think its until you get to pet shop that the protagonists actually kill someone though enya does die due to spore and n'doul kills himself

Cant really blame him for forgetting because it's so goddamned frontloaded
I mean let's consider the DIO minions they wasted. Taggin' it for being so comprehensive.

Kakyoin - eventually killed by Joseph's neglect
Tower guy - suicide
Polnareff - rehabilitated
Moon dude - died pissing his pants
Forever - died, as befits a rape ape
Yellow Temperance - I think he dead
Ebony Devil - died (but definitely self defense)
J. Geil - killed by a Frenchman
Hol Horse - Hol Horse
Gross zit baby Stand - killed by Joseph
Wheel of Fortune - probably dead
Enya - killed by Dan of Steel
Dan of Steel - that dude was absolutely dead
Evil Baby - forced to eat poo poo
That dude Avdol pissed on - Probably died of piss
Midler - beat up
N'doul - yeah
Anubis - Rusted away
Oingo - exploded
Boingo - spiritually dead (reads comics)
D'arby the older - Spiritually defeated
Mariah - Hospitalized
The dude with the baby making Stand - that dude absolutely dead
Pet Shop - dead
D'arby the younger - Spiritually dead (video gamer)
The guy with the Illusion stand - Iggy absolutely killed him
Vanilla Ice - dead
Nukesaku - dead
DIO - dead

So it's a clear majority, complete with multiple piss-related deaths.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hope you enjoyed GioGio
He's driving on that island looking for Mista for the rest of the part now.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Grapplejack posted:

Please don't be mean to Lil' Bomber.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Edit: :laffo:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Anime threaaaddd

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

Anime threaaaddd
It literally shoots bullets in the anime opening, seriously.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I literally tell you not to do this in the OP

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Toplowtech posted:

It literally shoots bullets in the anime opening, seriously.

That does nothing to actually explain the specific ability of the stand, which you did. Thanks for saving us the trouble of finding out though, everyone really appreciates it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm going to have to use Sex Pistols to shoot Don't Run Your Mouth About Things That Did Not Happen In The Episode through your thick skull

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I like the football helmet thing on Fugo's stand.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Just threadban Toplowtech, because he clearly Does Not Get It.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Nessus posted:

Tower guy - suicide

I think you'll find he was eviscerated by Kakyoin. He just took a while to die from it for some reason.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
That brain cgi looked weird, censorship maybe?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
ok, so here is a thought

if kraftwerk was able to make a ladder out of stones, it means that once the stones are stuck in the air they are unable to move despite force being put on them

but then he sticks one of the bullets to his skull, and then the second bullet hits the first one and pushes it into his brain

but shouldn't the first bullet not have moved at all like the stones

its almost as if none of this makes sense

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I choose to believe that the bullet in his head was no longer actively being affixed, it was just at rest

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

somepartsareme posted:

I choose to believe that the bullet in his head was no longer actively being affixed, it was just at rest

This was my take too. Which is why the second bullet hosed him up.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah cause if he was still affixing the first bullet, he would not be able to move.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah cause if he was still affixing the first bullet, he would not be able to move.

but the truck was able to move despite mista being fixed to it

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
It seems like he can fix things in relation to specific points of reference. For most of the fight he's using the truck as that reference point, so Mista stays on the truck even when it's turning on the windy mountain road. But since he's doing things relative to the truck, when he stops the bullet in his skull, he needs to release it again to be able to move.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It just works

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Honest Thief posted:

That brain cgi looked weird, censorship maybe?

Are you suggesting Hirohiko Araki knows how human internal organs work?

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Darth Walrus posted:

Are you suggesting Hirohiko Araki knows how human internal organs work?

If he didn't know how brains work then how would he have been able to make and use the stone mask?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

personally, I'm glad they semi-censored that scene and I didn't watch an anatomically accurate depiction of a guy getting his brain mulched.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

multijoe posted:

personally, I'm glad they semi-censored that scene and I didn't watch an anatomically accurate depiction of a guy getting his brain mulched.

I want all the body horror Jojo provides

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well the guy did not get his brain mulched. The bullet just entered his brain a bit, causing him to pass out. (And likely causing brain damage.)

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mel Mudkiper posted:

This objection makes no sense whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I think you'll find he was eviscerated by Kakyoin. He just took a while to die from it for some reason.
Didn't he bite his own tongue off so they couldn't interrogate him? I wasn't sure how all that worked. In fact I'm not sure how that guy managed to cause so many plane crashes. Did he just geek all the pilots and then jump out the back door?