Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
In the end not a single one of these theories comes true and the game is just straight-up twenty hours of JRPG save-the-world storyline stuffed with good fun characters and Toby Fox dialogue and music and my youtube recommendations are no longer cursed with gamer clickbait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Pierson posted:

In the end not a single one of these theories comes true and the game is just straight-up twenty hours of JRPG save-the-world storyline stuffed with good fun characters and Toby Fox dialogue and music and my youtube recommendations are no longer cursed with gamer clickbait

*extremely Dutch van der Lindeishly*

When the game's done, they'll just find another theory.

They have to. Because they have to justify their wages.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Oxxidation posted:

*extremely Dutch van der Lindeishly*

When the game's done, they'll just find another theory.

They have to. Because they have to justify their wages.

Our turn has passed, John.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pierson posted:

even if the full game comes out and is a completely unrelated monster dating sim with no ties to chapter 1 or Undertale we'll still see loving Chara and Gaster clickbait videos for the next 4 years

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

between Chara and Gaster, who would win in a pie-eating contest

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Your Computer posted:

even if the full game comes out and is a completely unrelated monster dating sim with no ties to chapter 1 or Undertale we'll still see loving Chara and Gaster clickbait videos for the next 4 years

This is why I'm hoping the Gaster = Rouxls Kaard theories/jokes are true because it helps deflate a lot of the excess mystique around Gaster if it turns out, yeah, he's as much of a moron as everyone else in this game.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

My favorite theory thing is a small little post that pointed out Monster Kid and Goner Kid have their head spikes and little eye bruise on opposite sides and Monster Teen has his on the Goner Kid side, not the Monster Kid side.

What does it mean? WHAT DOES IT MEAN!?

Whitenoise Poster fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 24, 2018

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
When Monster Kid/Teen grows up, what will they call him? Monster Adult?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

McFrugal posted:

When Monster Kid/Teen grows up, what will they call him? Monster Adult?

this is the sort of problem you encounter when you let asgore name your children

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

God it's going to be really funny to me if he manages to never get a name through a whole another game. Especially because he seems to be the only other kid besides Noel with a preestablished friendship with Kris.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Poor Asgore. His job sucks, his wife hates him, all his friends are dead or dying, one of his kids fled town rather than hang out with him any more, the other one has to be dragged against their will by a nebulous possessive force to just go check in on him for five minutes and he sleeps on a cardboard box. Life sucks for Goat Dad.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
His job doesn't suck(he genuinely seems to like gardening and raising flowers), he just gives away too much product instead of selling it. Although I'm not sure there'd be enough of a market for flowers in that small of a town to save him anyway.

Poor Goat Dad.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
asgore was probably my favorite character from the original game, so i probably should have known better than to expect he'd be less of a mess in this one

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
it wouldn't be Asgore if he wasn't a mess

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

nine-gear crow posted:

Poor Asgore. His job sucks, his wife hates him, all his friends are dead or dying, one of his kids fled town rather than hang out with him any more, the other one has to be dragged against their will by a nebulous possessive force to just go check in on him for five minutes and he sleeps on a cardboard box. Life sucks for Goat Dad.

Look, if he would just start selling flowers instead of giving them away things would turn around for him.

Also, at least Kris's teacher thinks he's hot, so it's not all doom and gloom.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

He seems to give extremely quality hugs

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Look, if he would just start selling flowers instead of giving them away things would turn around for him.

Also, at least Kris's teacher thinks he's hot, so it's not all doom and gloom.

problem is you go in to get flowers for your mom's grave or to bring to your hospitalized dad and he just starts bawling and tells you they're on the house before giving you a big hug

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Asgore's only character trait from Undertale was "too nice to do his job properly" so being a shop owner who's failing because he just gives his product away seems like a perfect fit.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Oxxidation posted:

asgore was probably my favorite character from the original game, so i probably should have known better than to expect he'd be less of a mess in this one

:same:

:(

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
frankly calling undertale Asgore "a mess" is a bit charitable for mr. "keeps around souls of the dead children he killed in jars"

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Deltarune is now on ITunes for those who wanted it there

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

frankly calling undertale Asgore "a mess" is a bit charitable for mr. "keeps around souls of the dead children he killed in jars"

where else would you keep them? they'd spoil!

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
please.

we don't know that all of them were children

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Look, everyone needs a hobby. Toriel's is snails, Asgore's is child-soul collecting.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I don't trust those flowers in the back of his shop tbh.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Show of hands: how many of you started running into Lancer’s bullets on purpose during his fight with Susie?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Supersonic Shine posted:

Show of hands: how many of you started running into Lancer’s bullets on purpose during his fight with Susie?

I sure did.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Supersonic Shine posted:

Totally. And then he did the Toriel thing and I was like "STOP I'M TRYING TO HELP YOU!"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

skaianDestiny posted:

Totally. And then he did the Toriel thing and I was like "STOP I'M TRYING TO HELP YOU!"

Yyyyyyyup, same

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Supersonic Shine posted:

:same:

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Supersonic Shine posted:

I thought that was the way to get through the encounter and then went “Oh god no” when the projectiles veered away from me...but drat was I happy when it didn’t end with Lancer getting killed.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Supersonic Shine posted:

I did and it got me :smith:

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

Supersonic Shine posted:

i absolutely did

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dr. Fetus posted:

That's not true, because the point of them is that they aren't you. They're their own characters. The games make a pretty big deal of that, so they pretty much are NB.

right, they're not you, and it doesn't matter. "undefined" is not the same thing as a specific gender identity outside the binary. "undefined" means "whatever the hell you want it to be, it's your call, go hog wild because it is Not Relevant."

with Kris it might actually be relevant! we don't know! because Deltarune is not finished yet! unlike Undertale!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Supersonic Shine posted:

Yuppers

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Supersonic Shine posted:

You cracked the code, we're all big softies

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Supersonic Shine posted:

I 100% did that, sorry Susie, I don't want you too get hurt but I also don't want to watch you murder this poor kid.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
heh, both richaadeb and littlevmills uploaded Vs Susie covers at the same time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTdZg9eUmE4&hd=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09rytVI0r3Y&hd=1

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Too many people in here that didn't believe in Susie, hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Avocado
Jun 6, 2010

Whitenoise Poster posted:

My favorite theory thing is a small little post that pointed out Monster Kid and Goner Kid have their head spikes and little eye bruise on opposite sides and Monster Teen has his on the Goner Kid side, not the Monster Kid side.

What does it mean? WHAT DOES IT MEAN!?
I don't think it really means anything. The characters in Deltarune are almost all based on Undertale's, and share the same characteristics in looks and personality, but are slightly different nonetheless. Mettaton doesn't have a body, Undyne has both her eyes, Monster Teen's bruise is on the other side of their face.

nine-gear crow posted:

Honestly I'm not very fond of the implication that Asgore's a grown man who can't even do basic adulthood tasks without a wife or the status of being royalty helping him do it. He was all sorts of messed up in Undertale as well, but he at least took care of himself and his home on a basic level. That's one of the things I'm not looking forward to with this game, the commentary it makes/will make on the characters in Undertale, be it "Asgore's just inherently kind of a manchild" or "Sans is a Darkner" or whatnot.

Also:

Oxxidation posted:

pretty much everything involving Chara was by far my least favorite part of Undertale and the discourse thereof, so :same:
It got obnoxious real fast how quickly Chara fans would attribute jokes or personality traits to a character who's not even there.