Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Fallom posted:

of all the forum flexes "lol look at you posting things on this forum" has got to be the strangest one

It takes a whole lotta posts to get to 15 pages on your own it's pretty clowning to me to only have 5 hours played

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

It takes a whole lotta posts to get to 15 pages on your own it's pretty clowning to me to only have 5 hours played

Well thanks for letting us know

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
this thread has existed long before F76 did hth

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
f76 is bad

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Hey, quick question about FO4 since I just got a cheap goty key.
I read a bit about Nuka-World and what it's about broadly. Is there a way to do Open Season after completing the raider content and not have everyone hate me?
Basically I'd like to see as much content as possible in one go. I just started and have not met Preston yet, if that matters. This is probably gonna be a Institute ending, but I'd like to do Minutemen as far as possible also.

Also is it normal that Mods and Creation Club are grayed out permanently in the main menu? After loading a savegame, I can get into Mods and the only one I use (ufo4p) is listed and hopefully working correctly.
Cheers

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 24, 2018

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rinkles posted:

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but a disconnection or two every several hours is not just standard operating procedure in always-online games, right?

(I realize it was apparently worse before the latest server maintenance)

You are on the PS4 right? Before the last patch I disconnected once an hour. After that and before the maintence it was once a night. Since maintence no server disconnects.

So yes it is fairly normal.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

eonwe posted:

f76 is bad

the hottest of takes

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The cool thing about this is that it's equally likely that this was created by a Bethesda pr employee or a completely unaffiliated fan

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

From Coupons and Deals:

shoplifter posted:

If you have a local Meijer, Fallout 76 is $25 with mPerks coupons today, and you get a $10 shopping coupon back.

God help me.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Rinkles posted:

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but a disconnection or two every several hours is not just standard operating procedure in always-online games, right?

I'm experiencing the same thing on PS4.

CobiWann posted:

Does anyone else, or did anyone else while levelling up, feel like they're just barely hanging on?

I'm 33 and keep having my armor break, scrounging for Stimpaks, and each fight is nail-biter, and not in the fun "whew, barely made it," but in the un-fun "man, I don't want to do the next fight" way.
Sniper assassin build is pretty OP. I have to sell my stimpacks because I have so many they're weighing me down. I just wish I could find some better armor, though. I still have no plans for anything other than leather.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Is New Vegas playable on a Windows 10 PC easily, or is that the one you have to jump through mod hoops to get it to run acceptably? Cause it’s like $3 on Steam.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Is New Vegas playable on a Windows 10 PC easily, or is that the one you have to jump through mod hoops to get it to run acceptably? Cause it’s like $3 on Steam.

shouldn't be any trouble

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

worked fine for me last time I played

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

It works great ps shell out for the dlc, theyre all great in their own way and some mods assume you have then

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

uh did the game just eat my perk card?

here's me opening a hacker card (you can see I already had one equipped in the background)

here's my intelligence perk collection right afterwards

e:

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

It works great ps shell out for the dlc, theyre all great in their own way and some mods assume you have then

also a bunch of mods require them

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
You cannot get 2 hacker perk cards. The second hacker perk card is called like, Expert Hacker or something. The third is something else. Its the same with lockpicking.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Thanks.

Oh you know now that I think about it I think I was mixing up New Vegas and Saints Row 2 or something.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Thanks.

Oh you know now that I think about it I think I was mixing up New Vegas and Saints Row 2 or something.

Incidentally, that Saints Row 2 bug was fixed

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

You cannot get 2 hacker perk cards. The second hacker perk card is called like, Expert Hacker or something. The third is something else. Its the same with lockpicking.

shouldn't it be available for trading? or does that get its own interface? (besides the bugs, there are plenty of little details like this the game should be better at explaining/presenting)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

wait, so you can't keep and trade duplicates? why

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I don't know if you can trade perk cards, but I doubt it. I'm anti-social and avoid people.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Welcome to the future, worse than the past.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

sauer kraut posted:

I read a bit about Nuka-World and what it's about broadly. Is there a way to do Open Season after completing the raider content and not have everyone hate me?
Basically I'd like to see as much content as possible in one go. I just started and have not met Preston yet, if that matters. This is probably gonna be a Institute ending, but I'd like to do Minutemen as far as possible also.

Also is it normal that Mods and Creation Club are grayed out permanently in the main menu? After loading a savegame, I can get into Mods and the only one I use (ufo4p) is listed and hopefully working correctly.
Cheers

Don't meet Preston until after you've cleared Nuka World to your liking, and you'll be fine.

Was this a Steam Key? Sometimes Steam servers go down and it won't let you access the CC Menu. Not sure about the Mods menu.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rinkles posted:

shouldn't it be available for trading? or does that get its own interface? (besides the bugs, there are plenty of little details like this the game should be better at explaining/presenting)

I have yet to find a way to trade perk cards.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Grab New Vegas Anti Crash just to be on the safe side and buy it off of GOG so it is already patched to use 4GB of RAM. The steam version needs to run the 4gb Patcher program to get it up to snuff.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

I don't know if you can trade perk cards, but I doubt it. I'm anti-social and avoid people.

You can share the effect of one card with your teammates (rank up to 3x your max Charisma) but you cannot actually trade/exchange the cards themselves.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Otacon posted:

Don't meet Preston until after you've cleared Nuka World to your liking, and you'll be fine.

Was this a Steam Key? Sometimes Steam servers go down and it won't let you access the CC Menu. Not sure about the Mods menu.

That's what I thought, thanks :)
Steam yeah. CC is always grayed out, and the ingame mods menu has a thing to enter an email but it always says "can't connect to Bethesda server". Manually installed, local mods seem to work though I hope.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
24 hours into this objectively bad game and I'm still kinda enjoying it. Just got my first fusion reactor set up so now I'm festooning my base with spotlights and saving up aluminium for the missile turrets.

Also, I'm surprised nobody seems to have mentioned that under the wall decor section there's an entire alphabet that you can use to write your own messages. So far I've limited myself to just blueprinting 'feck off', but I'm sure someone can create a signboard with the fallout 76 alcoholism quote on it.

p.s. the current 'poo poo disappears from your base and doesn't show up as stored, but counts towards your build limit' bug is really drat annoying, they better solve that one soon.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

I have yet to find a way to trade perk cards.

It was one of ways people were defending duplicate perks when the topic last came up

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Rinkles posted:

It was one of ways people were defending duplicate perks when the topic last came up

Well, for perks that don't have only one rank, getting more duplicates beyond max rank lets you reshuffle your build out of level 5 Ironclad down to level 3, for example, since you can't split up the big cards when you make them.

For perks with only one rank, duplicates are useless, yeah.

Try unequipping your equipped Hacker and seeing if the animated version is there to equip? It may just be hiding it because there's nothing to be done with it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Glazius posted:

Well, for perks that don't have only one rank, getting more duplicates beyond max rank lets you reshuffle your build out of level 5 Ironclad down to level 3, for example, since you can't split up the big cards when you make them.

For perks with only one rank, duplicates are useless, yeah.

Try unequipping your equipped Hacker and seeing if the animated version is there to equip? It may just be hiding it because there's nothing to be done with it.

The non-animated version was automatically replaced.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

sauer kraut posted:

Cheers

You can complete nuka world then turn around and kill all the raiders, yes. You can also just kill all the raiders and nuka world is 75% the same thing but you don't have to go back to boston, take a settlement, give it to a raider group and return to nuka world repeat ( YOU DO THIS 3 loving times!!!!!!!).

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

I definitely took lockpicking twice, and also have expert lockpicking 1 equipped for a total lockpicking of three :iiam:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Xik posted:

Humanities time is over. The Institute is working on a replacement sentient being to be the top of the food chain when the inevitable happens and humanity becomes extinct. Either through it's own doing, at the hands (claws) of some runaway breeding of mutant monsters or the slow genetic breakdown to the point of infertility/compounded negative mutations.

The Institude as an organization isn't "evil", but at the time of fo4, it's effectively indifferent to the suffering of those above ground. Most of the scientists on an individual level have a conscious but appear to bury it because they unironically believe what they are doing is for the greater good.

Railroad is a problem because they have effectively taken alpha/in-development sentient (or near enough) beings and throwing them out into the world, bugs and all. I mean it takes a certain level of loving cautiousness to give life to something that has human (and beyond) levels of intelligence and then make them slave labor in the pursuit to make them obsolete, but the end goal is ultimately to create humanities replacement so I guess they figure they aren't going to settle.

The hilarious part with that is that the vast majority of the Commonwealth's threats to human survival are the Institute's direct fault. They set loose the super mutants. They control the management of Diamond City and use that to keep it from developing into an actual government. They employ the Gunners.

Arcsquad12 posted:

So I take it from the griping about stash limits that junk has weight again.

Junk and ammo both.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 24, 2018

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I'm enjoying this game so far after a couple of hours, but I was planning on watching TV tonight and I wasn't sure when until the game made the decision for me by crashing/locking for the second time. The first time I was just loading the game, one frame in, stuck, had to close the game on PS4. Second time interacted with a petrified corpse, stuck, eventually crashed out. Other than that it's okay but...

Related question, is there any point to interacting with those corpses?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Akuma posted:

I'm enjoying this game so far after a couple of hours, but I was planning on watching TV tonight and I wasn't sure when until the game made the decision for me by crashing/locking for the second time. The first time I was just loading the game, one frame in, stuck, had to close the game on PS4. Second time interacted with a petrified corpse, stuck, eventually crashed out. Other than that it's okay but...

Related question, is there any point to interacting with those corpses?

on very rare occasions you get a bottle cap or a piece of junk

Also you can give everyone rad sickness and make them hate you if you pop a bunch of them in a busy area

Loops
Oct 20, 2011

After keeping up with this thread for a while I decided to hold off on buying 76 until it's a lot cheaper, and figured I'll uninstall it since by the time I get it there will be five game-sized patches... Anyway, you can't actually uninstall this game. It just throws up an error message saying you do not have access, please purchase the game first :downs:

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Loops posted:

After keeping up with this thread for a while I decided to hold off on buying 76 until it's a lot cheaper, and figured I'll uninstall it since by the time I get it there will be five game-sized patches... Anyway, you can't actually uninstall this game. It just throws up an error message saying you do not have access, please purchase the game first :downs:

The bethesda launcher also gives me an error message whenever I shut down my PC.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Liquid Communism posted:

Junk and ammo both.

Oh good the two worst aspects of survival mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Made a little home outside of the pumpkin house, and have the workbench at the Red Rocket Mega Station down the road claimed. Forget adventuring, I’m just going to live my post apocalyptic life right there.

Actually, where’s a good place to farm Mirelurk eggs? I need them so I can make pumpkin pie for everyone.