Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Those new GSC goodies look great. I really hope those bikes are not priced/pointed as beast of nurgle.

Yeah, I really want to field some, but they just look like the sort of thing that is going to be crazy expensive. Im guessing three bikes for forty bucks or something outrageous like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Schadenboner posted:

This stratagem looks, I dunno, kinda useless?

I think this is absolutely great, because as someone already pointed out most sisters squads heavily specialize in one weapon direction or the other and anything that lends itself to more adaptability is good for the game, and it's already making me think of ways to change squads up instead of "oh I could do what I'm doing and just use this stratagem to do it harder" which is another sign of good direction.

Some immediate thoughts spring to mind:
1) You can slap a combi-weapon on any sister superior so that you still have two meltaguns, and the combi-flamer can be used when you're within melta range anyway.
2) Mix and match hand flamers with inferno pistols on seraphim (though unfortunately the sister superior doesn't get any helpful options) where the ranges are about equivalent anyway
3) How would you use this to boost flamers? Sister superior with inferno pistol on a heavy flamer retributor squad? Heavy flamer rets have always underperformed for me. Judgement reserved because it's not unreasonable to think they might get a boost.

Plus, honestly it's goddamn crime that they haven't had any sort of Holy Trinity named ability because it's been a huge thing in the fluff - and that's the biggest thing, more than the actual mechanical effectiveness, this stratagem (unlike the seraphim one posted earlier that had me going "meh") is thematic, fits with the army, and makes me feel that whomever is writing the rules actually gets Sisters.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

I like the new Calgar cause it looks like he's doing a little dance.

NightWonder
Nov 15, 2015

"I Use Psychic To Put Stuff In The Toilet."

Firstscion posted:

Dance Dance Imperium: Marneus Mix.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Schadenboner posted:

This stratagem looks, I dunno, kinda useless?

I'm not sure what looks bad here. I don't play sisters so I'm not sure how their stuff is laid out but they have big infantry squads with bolters, right? This won't matter much for the meltagun but it makes the bolters and flamers good against everything for the cost.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Firstscion posted:

It's perfectly appropriate. The Ultramarines are, as everybody knows, the greatest (dancers) of them all.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

NovemberMike posted:

I'm not sure what looks bad here. I don't play sisters so I'm not sure how their stuff is laid out but they have big infantry squads with bolters, right? This won't matter much for the meltagun but it makes the bolters and flamers good against everything for the cost.

They can have big squads but it doesn't seem like this is how the index incented them to be built (which seemed to like small units maximizing the bolter fire of Troop squads and maximizing the melta fire of Dominion squads, lots of Immolators to deal with hordes). The combi-weapon idea raised above is a possibility but it seems like everything wrong with swiss army knife marine tactical squads is also wrong with sister squads doing the same (but at lower toughness)?

A sister squad outfitted to use this strat is either going to be half-assed at killing hordes (having a melta gun which will REALLY REALLY REALLY kill that hormagaunt) or half-assed at killing tanks (having a flamer which scorches the paint but not much else) rather than full-assing at either.

:shrug:

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 25, 2018

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
You do realise that a heavy flamer will wound a Russ on 4s with that, right?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Any chance someone can photo/scan the Gellerpox Infected assembly instructions? Either my KT:RT box didn't come with it, or I lost it in the ~month it's been collecting dust.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Groetgaffel posted:

And a melta on 3s. It'll also make a melta wound T5 on 2s, which can be helpful, and make both regular flamers and bolters wound them on 4s, which is kind of a big deal. It's almost never bad form to include a melta when you get the opportunity just in case.

Schadenboner is demonstrating again he has no idea what the gently caress he's talking about.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Schadenboner posted:

They can have big squads but it doesn't seem like this is how the index incented them to be built (which seemed to like small units maximizing the bolter fire of Troop squads and maximizing the melta fire of Dominion squads, lots of Immolators to deal with hordes). The combi-weapon idea raised above is a possibility but it seems like everything wrong with swiss army knife marine tactical squads is also wrong with sister squads doing the same (but at lower toughness)?

A sister squad outfitted to use this strat is either going to be half-assed at killing hordes (having a melta gun which will REALLY REALLY REALLY kill that hormagaunt) or half-assed at killing tanks (having a flamer which scorches the paint but not much else) rather than full-assing at either.

:shrug:

Don't think of it like a swiss army knife, think of it as taking dedicated squads that have one "variety" weapon that is a potential boost for the rest of the primary purpose weapons of the squad

The flamer doesn't just scorch the paint, it scorches the paint so inspiringly that all the bullets and the melta guns hit harder - that's where I see the value coming from.

Also, when actually playing the game and not just theorycrafting poo poo, it's pretty common to end up with a unit in the wrong place with the wrong weapons for its position, or against the enemy charging it, etc - having the ability to add variety without having it be detrimental to the unit's main purpose is good, and also better game design than just making a unit be even better at its monopurpose task, imo.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Groetgaffel posted:

That's true, I wasn't thinking of HFs put in regular squads.

E: Between that and the possibilities of a combi-flamer in Dominion squads there’s a lot more potential than I initially realized. Thanks for the answer! :tipshat:

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Nov 25, 2018

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Sab669 posted:

Any chance someone can photo/scan the Gellerpox Infected assembly instructions? Either my KT:RT box didn't come with it, or I lost it in the ~month it's been collecting dust.

https://imgur.com/a/V2q8b1R
Here you go.

A great place I found a while ago is this subreddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/WarhammerInstructions/
But you can also email GW support about assembly instructions and they will just email you a PDF of it. Done that twice now without any issues.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Cooked Auto posted:

https://imgur.com/a/V2q8b1R
Here you go.

A great place I found a while ago is this subreddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/WarhammerInstructions/
But you can also email GW support about assembly instructions and they will just email you a PDF of it. Done that twice now without any issues.

:krad: You're my hero

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Why are you guys engaging with schadenboner on rules discussions lol. gently caress-o is pulling all that off his rear end and has no clue how this game plays...

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Sisters are awesome and they are just taking an excuse to talk about them, as everyone should.

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
Those GSC motocross cultists look like rough rider equivalents, I can’t imagine they’d come at less than 5 to a box or squad. It’ll be expensive as hell for 5 fragile guys, no doubt. The ATV looks about the same size as deathguard blight haulers though, so it might be surprisingly cheap.

It would be neat if every faction got some sort of fast vehicles with rules for Speed Freeks so you could run the grimdark Wacky Races. Gimme an Inquisitorial Snidely Whiplash dragster.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
These are some good models.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
I had a really fun game this week with my Sisters, took on a dude using a Knight Gallant, Armiger Warglaive and a Slamguinius with a Librarian running up behind him and buffing him with Might Of Heroes every turn. The rest of his army just kinda hid in his corner holding objectives. Was a great deal of fun but thank goodness I run a poo poo ton of melta, turned his giant robo's into slag and cut his Slamguinius and buff bro down in melee. It's so satisfying having a melee killing machine, the Cannoness finished off the knight's last three wounds, killed Slamguinius and then the Librarian. She has been my MVP in just about every game this edition.

Seeing the robo's perform really pushed me to work on my Armigers since before his got turned into slag it did some work, killed all my Seraphim, melted a rhino and damaged my exorcist and he only had one of them! My next force will have two, I've gone Griffith cause their lore(stab everyone with lances!) and paint scheme is so drat nice. I don't know if I'll get more than that but I'll see how they do in my force, I'm hoping if they don't perform well in combat than that they act as a nice distraction so my rhino's don't get popped so drat early every game.

I wish I had a camera better than a potato, I'm drat proud of this paint job on the first Armiger and wanna show off.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Post the models my friend. It doesn’t matter if you took the photos with a potato, I will still give you compliments.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

TheBigAristotle posted:

Too Many cooks Lieutenants

I kinda love these dudes but drat are there too many at this point. Is there any good place to track down some of them aside from ebay? My Dark Imperium boys seem to have vanished, probably got caught in a cleaning spree.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

richyp posted:

I think the Conquest Lt. looks better with the helmet, but then I'm biased

Snap

Bombogenesis posted:

I kinda love these dudes but drat are there too many at this point. Is there any good place to track down some of them aside from ebay? My Dark Imperium boys seem to have vanished, probably got caught in a cleaning spree.

The DI ones, Haldor Icepelt and the Wake the Dead guy are all box-set exclusive, and Calsius (the Ultramarine) only came with the Conquest magazine released in the UK. The bottom-right dude is an event exclusive (head to Adepticon or Nova next year) and the bottom-middle was the 500th store dude who I'm not even sure is generally available now.

So uh, long story short, eBay is your best bet.

Also I own all of them except the as-yet-unreleased dude, the Angels of Death ones, and Wake the Dead guy, and I have plans for at least the event one and Wake the Dead, what is loving wrong with me

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Hey Corrode, how honestly did you do your black on that Deathwatch boi? Actual coat of black, or just start highlighting undercoat?

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Killer_Bees! posted:

Got a game in with my mates Orks and my Fists/Knights, man a tank buster battlewagon dropping double shots and dakka will mess up armor real good!

All though I won by using scouts to camp objectives I called it a draw because by the end we were both so badly mauled it was hilarious. Can't wait to have a few more games against the new Orks soon.

This looks fuckin great, that reposed knight especially. Where is the terrain piece in the middle from? That 3 tiered grey thing. Reminds me of the really old card 40k buildings from 2nd ed. Brutalist rather than gothic.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

Genghis Cohen posted:

This looks fuckin great, that reposed knight especially. Where is the terrain piece in the middle from? That 3 tiered grey thing. Reminds me of the really old card 40k buildings from 2nd ed. Brutalist rather than gothic.

Thanks bro, No idea on the terrain sorry, my mate has a huge eclectic collection and he just rummages around and makes a new table every match.

On the topic of reposed knights I can’t hack seeing people hobby with knights/dreads/large dynamic models built like loving Barbie dolls in coffin all straight up and down with no life or flair. It breaks my heart to see a magical paint job on a stock pose, such a waste when a simple bit of effort makes everything better.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

TheBigAristotle posted:

Too Many cooks Lieutenants

So far I have three of those and I almost want the bottom right one for a quick headswap project I have. Or I'll just have to spend 10eu in bits for the idea.

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.

Hustlin Floh posted:

It's amazing that they haven't introduced a new titan in like 25 years, and that's the best they can do

I think the name is a little different but I've seen an ancient piece of (early epic 40k?) art of a titan with a massive back gun - I guess at least when they roll out giant models no one asked for they're mining them from goofy old art?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Shockeh posted:

Hey Corrode, how honestly did you do your black on that Deathwatch boi? Actual coat of black, or just start highlighting undercoat?

VMC Black Grey, washed Nuln then highlighted Mechanicus and Dawnstone.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Corrode posted:

Snap

The DI ones, Haldor Icepelt and the Wake the Dead guy are all box-set exclusive, and Calsius (the Ultramarine) only came with the Conquest magazine released in the UK. The bottom-right dude is an event exclusive (head to Adepticon or Nova next year) and the bottom-middle was the 500th store dude who I'm not even sure is generally available now.

So uh, long story short, eBay is your best bet.

Also I own all of them except the as-yet-unreleased dude, the Angels of Death ones, and Wake the Dead guy, and I have plans for at least the event one and Wake the Dead, what is loving wrong with me

Honestly I kind of want to get them all and start some kind of collection of dumb models I can't use. It would be a fun opportunity to learn some different techniques for different army schemes.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Honestly I kind of want to get them all and start some kind of collection of dumb models I can't use. It would be a fun opportunity to learn some different techniques for different army schemes.

This how I justify it to myself ^^

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

start some kind of collection of dumb models

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Start-Collecting-Tau-Empire-2017

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I already have a BA army so that's my route into that, I'll pick up Wake the Dead for Eldar soup purposes, and I'll pick up the event one at NOVA next year. Haldor is gonna be a Deathwatch Librarian. So the only thing I have no excuse for is the DA.

Codex: Primaris Lieutenants indeed.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
So from the leaks I've seen of the (40k) Blackstone fortress datasheets, the Imperial ones don't seem to have any faction in common lower than IMPERIUM (except the Rogue Trader but he's only got a common class with the other Rogue Trader and you can't make a Supreme HQ detachment with only two) so the only way to get these guys on the table is going to be via the Auxiliary Support (-1 CP) one right?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Schadenboner posted:

So from the leaks I've seen of the (40k) Blackstone fortress datasheets, the Imperial ones don't seem to have any faction in common lower than IMPERIUM (except the Rogue Trader but he's only got a common class with the other Rogue Trader and you can't make a Supreme HQ detachment with only two) so the only way to get these guys on the table is going to be via the Auxiliary Support (-1 CP) one right?

You can field the priest and zealot with I believe SOB but otherwise you're right.

Clearly we need a third Rogue Trader. And an Imperial Agents detachment.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You can field the priest and zealot with I believe SOB but otherwise you're right.

Clearly we need a third Rogue Trader. And an Imperial Agents detachment.

Oh yeah. I was mostly thinking about the Navigator (which should be an HQ since it's more like a Primaris than an Astropath) and the MoI (which really should have AdMech somewhere). And the Ratties.

E: And they could do it by extending the Assassins detachment to include the other misc. factions right?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Schadenboner posted:

Oh yeah. I was mostly thinking about the Navigator (which should be an HQ since it's more like a Primaris than an Astropath) and the MoI (which really should have AdMech somewhere). And the Ratties.

E: And they could do it by extending the Assassins detachment to include the other misc. factions right?

I agree on the Navigator, they're immensely powerful and some lead houses equivalent or superior to Rogue Trader dynasties. The Robot I could totally see not being AdMech seeing as how self-aware robots is kind of the ultimate techno heresy.

Ratlings, Priest, and Zealot are all usable with IG and SoB.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The Robot I could totally see not being AdMech seeing as how self-aware robots is kind of the ultimate techno heresy.

I thought part of the back story was it pretended to be AdMech? Also, it seems like a lot of the Kastelans are more-or-less Silica Animus, it's just the AdMechs all just go :ssh: and look the other way?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Nov 25, 2018

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

I thought part of the back story was it pretended to be AdMech?

It pretends to be Ad Mech the same way you pretend to play the game.

It'll fool others, but not the people it's pretending to be.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Floppychop posted:

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Floppychop posted:

:master: