Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Polonium poisoning isn't particularly quick is it

It is if you make polonium bullets. Russia's already gone into bond villain mode so why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I'm a fan of the forcefully retired theory but he is also a 62 year old russian in the spy game. His liver might've just finally packed it in.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Every single death in Russia is suspect. Spies, everyday people, you name it. Natural causes is 'death by state'

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Bitcoin making GBS threads the bed again. Down to $3700ish. Lol.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Phone the police, we’ve found granos.

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Bitcoin making GBS threads the bed again. Down to $3700ish. Lol.

I sold the last of mine a month or so ago. Now I'm really glad I did. I only wanted to use it for drugs anyways and instead made $5k.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I hope the death of the cypto is a harbinger for a corporate debt crash

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I checked and the crypto altcoins that our HR guy was trying to convince everyone to buy into (IOTA) is down 82% from last year. He invested every penny he had, including the money he got as a wedding gift. Good job, HR guy. Maybe that's why your loving job is to make sure people's PTO gets properly accrued and not being a financial investor.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Vasudus posted:

I checked and the crypto altcoins that our HR guy was trying to convince everyone to buy into (IOTA) is down 82% from last year. He invested every penny he had, including the money he got as a wedding gift. Good job, HR guy. Maybe that's why your loving job is to make sure people's PTO gets properly accrued and not being a financial investor.

man this poo poo would be funnier if the dude was single.

I'm glad I don't have to worry about my wife getting sucked into dumbass scams

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
This slow motion crypto crash is like watching the silver market scrape bottom a few years ago after it was at a high around $50/oz. It's $14~ right now. My brother is still sitting on more bars of it than he's willing to talk about because he paid above $40/oz for them before the drop years ago. Except silver doesn't have as certain a bottom as all of cryptos zeroes.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1066347736252014593

lmao

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
you can see it with a telescope

that's some insanely pro-tier trolling tho

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

I always figured that the best supporting evidence of the moon landing (besides all the other hard evidence) was that the Soviets never claimed it was fake- if anyone was in a position to call the US on its bullshit, it would have been them. Guess that argument is out the window now.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
They missed their chance to call it a hoax 49 years ago

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

it might convince trump that they were "faked"

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Hot Karl Marx posted:

it might convince trump that they were "faked"

Watch this happen, first quarter 2019.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

This slow motion crypto crash is like watching the silver market scrape bottom a few years ago after it was at a high around $50/oz. It's $14~ right now. My brother is still sitting on more bars of it than he's willing to talk about because he paid above $40/oz for them before the drop years ago. Except silver doesn't have as certain a bottom as all of cryptos zeroes.

Silver won’t ever go down to zero. Bitcoin could.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Someone mathed out earlier that using the newest, most efficient Bitcoin miners under the absolutely most generous industrial electricity rate you can manage the break even point is roughly 4700. And then there's the longstanding rumor that ~3800 is the current turn-off point for the major Chinese miners, which are the ones that make up the vast majority of the volume. The hashrate charts are showing a colossal dip in computing power as miners are turning off their poo poo. It's beautiful.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I want to know just how much loving power we've wasted on this

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Proud Christian Mom posted:

would be the most 2018 thing imaginable if bitcoin crashing stopped global warming

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

It was reckoned if nothing changed it'd hit 0.5% of global electricity production by the end of this year. Let that sink in. A country with a good industrial economy will budget maybe 1% of output for aluminium smelting. It's insane.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
An absolutely unfathomable amount of energy was wasted on this poo poo. Something like all the bitcoin miners in the world add up to being the 9th largest electricity consumer in the world.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
honestly shocked that Trump hasn't publicly questioned the moon landings since being elected

well as far as I know he hasn't

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Just heard on the radio that Donnie Dumbfuck's statement that he was turning Mexico into a waiting room and they're working with him to deny immigrants entry is bullshit, Mexican officials are putting out "The gently caress you say?" statements.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Remember folding at home? Imagine how far along we'd have been if we used all the processing power from bitcoin for that. Instead we wanted our internet fun bux.

Also I'm fully expecting that as the walls start closing in on Trump he'll start spouting off as much as he can to misdirect, in the process giving credibility (I know, I know) to as many conspiracy theories as he can think of. The moon landing (fake because of flat earth), JFK's real shooter, Roswell, vaccines, Obama's birth certificate again, hell he might try to order an invasion of Argentina to find Hitler.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Our good friends the Israelis are keeping approximately 25,000 Thai workers as slaves.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

That's all? Seems kinda low.

With regards to Trump and border, hoo boy:

quote:

MEXICO CITY — The Trump administration has won the support of Mexico’s incoming government for a plan to remake U.S. border policy by requiring asylum seekers to wait in Mexico while their claims move through U.S. courts, according to Mexican officials and senior members of President-elect Andrés Manuel López Obrador’s transition team.

President Trump briefly described the arrangement in a pair of tweets Saturday evening. “Migrants at the Southern Border will not be allowed into the United States until their claims are individually approved in court,” Trump wrote. “No ‘Releasing’ into the U.S....All will stay in Mexico.”

The president then issued a threat. “If for any reason it becomes necessary, we will CLOSE our Southern Border. There is no way that the United States will, after decades of abuse, put up with this costly and dangerous situation anymore!” Trump wrote.

Earlier in the day, White House spokesman Hogan Gidley said in a statement that “President Trump has developed a strong relationship with the incoming Lopez Obrador Administration, and we look forward to working with them on a wide range of issues.”

The agreement would break with long-standing asylum rules and place a formidable barrier in the path of Central American migrants attempting to reach the United States and escape poverty and violence. By reaching the accord, the Trump administration has also overcome Mexico’s historic reticence to deepen cooperation with the United States on an issue widely seen here as America’s problem.

According to outlines of the plan, known as Remain in Mexico, asylum applicants at the border will have to stay in Mexico while their cases are processed, potentially ending the system, which Trump decries as “catch and release,” that has generally allowed those seeking refuge to wait on safer U.S. soil.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.c78c2ef4af55

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Every thing I have ever done and will ever do to lower my carbon footprint is negated by like a day of bitcoin.

What I'm saying is kill libertarians to save the planet.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I'm confused how he thinks closing the southern border will work out. Closing the border doesn't make it a impermeable membrane it'll still be semipermeable, except only illegal poo poo will go back and forth instead of legal and illegal.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
fake news

closed is closed

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Defenestrategy posted:

I'm confused how he thinks closing the southern border will work out. Closing the border doesn't make it a impermeable membrane it'll still be semipermeable, except only illegal poo poo will go back and forth instead of legal and illegal.

Build a wall! And Mexico will pay for it! And they'll hold all the migrants for us till we can process their applications, one by one! And I want a pony while they're at it!

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

As Nero Danced posted:

Build a wall! And Mexico will pay for it! And they'll hold all the migrants for us till we can process their applications, one by one! And I want a pony while they're at it!

This is another piece of bullshit. Remember when the "centrist repubs" where saying, "Oh that's a ridiculous idea, he uses the wall as just a metaphor for stricter border controls" and here we are throwing funds to build an actual no poo poo physical not metaphorical wall.

In a juster world those tool bags would be mopping floors for that bit of idiocy.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Fortunately we're not building an actual wall, but we will spend almost a cool hundred milly to put down some wire and pickets and go home. And with the democrats controlling the next budget there's never going to be a wall. He'll just find more ways to burn money via the executive branch.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Vasudus posted:

Fortunately we're not building an actual wall, but we will spend almost a cool hundred milly to put down some wire and pickets and go home. And with the democrats controlling the next budget there's never going to be a wall. He'll just find more ways to burn money via the executive branch.

well at least for the first time in his life it isn't his father's money he's burning

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
At this point I'm almost surprised he hasn't granted a federal contract to "Trump Wallbuilders llc" To start construction on a new golf course the wall.

The idea was dead the minute it rattled out of his skull and fell out of his mouth, but he and his fanatics are too stupid to realize it.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

As Nero Danced posted:

At this point I'm almost surprised he hasn't granted a federal contract to "Trump Wallbuilders llc" To start construction on a new golf course the wall.

The idea was dead the minute it rattled out of his skull and fell out of his mouth, but he and his fanatics are too stupid to realize it.

Give it time. I'm sure Kushner or Donnie Jr are gonna be involved in construction bidding somehow.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

they're gonna do that thing where they pick the wrong murder charge and refuse any more charges in order to let the cop get off

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It is your patriotic duty to eat pumpkin pie.

quote:

Although meant to unify people, the 19th-century campaign to make Thanksgiving a permanent holiday was seen by prominent Southerners as a culture war. They considered it a Northern holiday intended to force New England values on the rest of the country. To them, pumpkin pie, a Yankee food, was a deviously sweet symbol of anti-slavery sentiment.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
It's also garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

This changes my opinion of Thanksgiving. The next best thing, of course, is to rescind Thanksgiving and to make it an Indigenous Peoples' Day Pt. 2