Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

The Muppets On PCP posted:

nope it sucks and the only good thing to come from the bullshit 60s counterculture was billy jack
wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

The Muppets On PCP posted:

nope it sucks and the only good thing to come from the bullshit 60s counterculture was billy jack

it is a god tier waffle house jukebox pick though

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

pmchem posted:

Universal absolutely open borders results in China taking over any small, strategic location it desires by state-sponsored (forced) immigration. Iceland, Monaco, Guam, Cyprus, Panama, Denmark, random countries in Africa, the list goes on. It’s a ridiculous idea if taken at face value.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I said this in the other thread but to be fair if I were Xi Jinping I would totally have that on the table, that sounds hilarious

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The only good song is Rappers Delight

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
my solution for the california fire situation is to hire brigades of unscrupulous nords to steal all our timber

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

happy goonsgiving

Grouchio posted:

Can someone give me a rundown on Latin American racism? I remember hearing on reddit that Mexicans look down on Central Americans, Everyone hates Haitians (especially Dominicans), Argentines look down on everyone, Chile looks down on Peru and Bolivia, etc.

xoxo

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
oh, grouchio

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
oh well the Argentina one is easy to explain, see after ww2 there was this organization called Odessa who put together rat lines for uncaptured nazis...

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/crushingbort/status/1065717063430348802

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i didnt work particularly hard to support Clinton in 2016 in any capacity whatsoever but i did have a last minute change of heart from voting Gloria la Riva to her because i thought to myself "do i really want to be the guy who didnt vote for the first woman president?"

double dumbass on me, i guess

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

double dumbass on me, i guess

I want the “I hate you” song from that movie played at my funeral.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

talk about baby shoes

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
i survived the great fire of salt ash

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

incredible flesh posted:

i survived the great fire of salt ash

as befits the chosen of arik

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Do Americans still stab, punch and trample each other for the privilege of buying stuff on Black Friday?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Furnaceface posted:

Do Americans still stab, punch and trample each other for the privilege of buying stuff on Black Friday?

No

It's died down a lot over the years, for a few reasons. Online retail is a big one, but also stores are just smarter about things and don't let it become a nightmare anymore. Deals are timed, you get a ticket to claim your thing instead of just showing up and beating people with a golf club for it, poo poo like that

It's still busy as hell but its not the pure nightmare it was

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
i couldnt tell if the local politics thread went away, and i just wanted to complain about something so i guess this is the place.

in the last year ohio had issue 1 in may 2018, which is supposed to help with redistricting and prevent gerrymandering. well i was bummed after the midterms because the next governor is now Republican and checked on when issue 1 would take effect.

it doesnt happen until 2021! ugh what a bunch of rear end. like whats the point of voting in this state . i like my city but i wish it wasnt in ohio. if the bill giving women the death penalty for abortion passes, i feel like i should just move

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I asked about Ohio in one of the US threads once and the responses I got were depressing as hell. Apparently outside of Columbus the state is nothing but conservative white boomers that thrive on voting republican to gently caress over the minorities and youth and continually drive them out of the state entirely.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
fun fact there's been like at least half a dozen tiki torchers from greene county, in the southwest part of the state near dayton, alone

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Speaking of Black Friday I just showed up at the mall for work and it's not out of control but I definitely had to park in the farthest lot and walk like half a mile to get to the building proper

So

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Speaking of Black Friday I just showed up at the mall for work and it's not out of control but I definitely had to park in the farthest lot and walk like half a mile to get to the building proper

So

Be safe, retail friend. I worked on Black Friday third shift in 2014 and even in the dead of night it was crazy.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

i couldnt tell if the local politics thread went away, and i just wanted to complain about something so i guess this is the place.

in the last year ohio had issue 1 in may 2018, which is supposed to help with redistricting and prevent gerrymandering. well i was bummed after the midterms because the next governor is now Republican and checked on when issue 1 would take effect.

it doesnt happen until 2021! ugh what a bunch of rear end. like whats the point of voting in this state . i like my city but i wish it wasnt in ohio. if the bill giving women the death penalty for abortion passes, i feel like i should just move

the new state and local thread is here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3873661

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

fun fact there's been like at least half a dozen tiki torchers from greene county, in the southwest part of the state near dayton, alone

i think in red states, a lot of the most militant and awful right-wingers come not from the deep red cracker areas (there is not really any reason for those people to engage with politics much) but from the places proximate to liberal enclaves

like in KY a lot of the famous nazis (trad workers etc) are from the cincinatti suburbs and only venture into the mountains for publicity stunts

so it makes sense that in ohio you'd get more aggressive nazis from an exurb near relatively liberal, majority-minority dayton
rather than some corn county with a population of 10,000 where they haven't seen a black person since 1974

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 23, 2018

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
mmm yeah, like a certain someone from my life (who's not to the best of my knowledge a tiki torcher, but still terrible nonetheless) came from a chicken farm in the straight up rural part of the county, while the tiki torchers and even one of the fuckers who nearly killed deandre harris in a parking structure were from the well-off whitey white suburban parts of greene county

incidentally the stanford swimmer rapist was also from beavercreek, which is one of these well-off whitebread suburbs

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

teenage ganglepeep

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
ohio

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

not seeing any marijuana

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

incredible flesh posted:

teenage ganglepeep

please do not do a crime to yon birb

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

PupsOfWar posted:

please do not do a crime to yon birb
i never will, she has lived a blessed life for a quail

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/teeterpyg/status/1065630591415214080

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/kamonohashiz/status/1065898447302156290

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mBqm8uO4Cg

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

If those are biodegradable you're a loving genius.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

just a bag of killer pythons

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

just a bag of killer pythons
there are heaps of kids in this neighbourhood so we bought all this candy expecting a big halloween and then we got exactly two trick-or-treaters so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

incredible flesh posted:

there are heaps of kids in this neighbourhood so we bought all this candy expecting a big halloween and then we got exactly two trick-or-treaters so

You made Vanya eat all that candy didnt you?