Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nessus posted:

Didn't he bite his own tongue off so they couldn't interrogate him? I wasn't sure how all that worked. In fact I'm not sure how that guy managed to cause so many plane crashes. Did he just geek all the pilots and then jump out the back door?

No his tongue got split open. And he started bleeding everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Kraftwerk can fix objects in space both separate and relative to its user. The rocks he throws stay there, but the bullets he reflects stay in space floating next to him. The bullets that hit him are affixed in place the second they make contact with him, but they still have momentum to make a path into his body.

If he had just brought more rocks and used his Breath of the Wild stasis ability on em, he would have easily beat Mista

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Heck he could just throw a handful of dust in the air, freeze it, and it'd be an impassable barrier.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

He could turn nearly anything into a perfect shield, and he chooses his own skull and the inside of his mouth. This guy was not the brightest of stand users. Below Okuyasu, even.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Nov 25, 2018

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

why didn't he just stasis the air around mista /jojostandspeculations

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

and whilst we're at it, why can DIO and Jotaro even see anything during stopped time when light should be frozen in place??

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Yeah, Kraftwek is really an obscenely powerful and versatile Stand, but the user was dumb/smug/dumb AND smug.

Nessus posted:

Didn't he bite his own tongue off so they couldn't interrogate him? I wasn't sure how all that worked. In fact I'm not sure how that guy managed to cause so many plane crashes. Did he just geek all the pilots and then jump out the back door?

No, Kakyoin literally ripped his Stand into pieces and his tongue and head exploded as a result.

But then he still was able to walk around and talk afterwards because reasons.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
The simple answer is that it just takes a short time for Sale to react and for Kraftwerk to completely affix something to a (relative) standstill, so the objects being affixed may still have a bit of momentum

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I mean he could have just walked forward and had his Stand snap Mista's neck, but he was showboating the whole fight because he thought he was totally invincible to bullets and therefore anything Mista could do to him.

In Jojo, thinking your Stand is invincible just guarantees you'll lose due to overconfidence.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
シアーハートアタック に 弱点はない

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Mel Mudkiper posted:

but the truck was able to move despite mista being fixed to it

This magic vampire spirit blshit isn't grounded enough in reality

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Could Kraftwerk have fixed the earth in place relative to the sun ??

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

No, it doesn’t werk that way.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

here's a blanket answer to all "can kraftwerk do x" and "why does x happen" questions

1) Yes
2) Because shut up

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm curious if, had Giorno fought Sale instead of Mista, could Kraftwerk have fixed Gold Experience's punches in place.

Because if not, it's funny that the worst person on the group that could've fought him did.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

The only part that bugs me is Kraftwerk can only 'fix' things it touches (even if delayed/no longer touching).

How is Mista's hand stuck to the truck?

Yinlock posted:

1) Yes
2) Because shut up

:hmmyes:

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

My hovercraft is full of eels, as are the forum servers I guess.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Expect My Mom posted:

シアーハートアタック に 弱点はない

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ranzear posted:

The only part that bugs me is Kraftwerk can only 'fix' things it touches (even if delayed/no longer touching).

Read your own post. Kraftwerk can fix things it touches, but it doesn't need to keep touching them. Sale must've used his Stand on the truck's handlebar before Mista grabbed it, fully expecting him to do so, and thus Mista got stuck in place. Like the world's strongest glue.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Read your own post. Kraftwerk can fix things it touches, but it doesn't need to keep touching them. Sale must've used his Stand on the truck's handlebar before Mista grabbed it, fully expecting him to do so, and thus Mista got stuck in place. Like the world's strongest glue.

Okay, so that freezes the bar in place but not Mista's fingers. It didn't seem like it got transferred from one thing to another, just the stuff he directly touched. Also how is the driver able to steer?

I like Yinlock's answer better.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Ranzear posted:

My guess is that Sale had his Stand hiding down in the back part of the truck, and it reached out and touched Mista's hand while he was distracted checking out the driver's leg and then popping up to shoot Sale.

That's how it's always worked in Jojo.

"When did you [do thing]?!" "Off-panel, while you (and the reader) weren't looking!"

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Shut up.

Also you can make minor steering adjustments with your hands fixed to the wheel.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Might be a sort of second ability to make things sticky/"affixers". Lots of stand have bonus abilties.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Fix himself to the truck, fix the truck to the road, laugh as Mista is immediately fired by momentum down the side of a mountain.

Sale is Not A Smart Man. Another victim of Nijimura Syndrome.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

ZenVulgarity posted:

This magic vampire spirit blshit isn't grounded enough in reality

Woosh

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Fix himself to the truck, fix the truck to the road, laugh as Mista is immediately fired by momentum down the side of a mountain.

Sale is Not A Smart Man. Another victim of Nijimura Syndrome.

The stones he threw seemed to slow gradually, but that conflicts with stopping the bullet quickly enough before it fractures his skull.

I like the idea of Mista's hand still being stuck and his shooting arm getting torn off or dislocated at least. OP stands fielded by dumb people is a thing though.

Also Mista has effectively magic bullets. He could shoot lefty with no issue.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ranzear posted:

OP stands fielded by dumb people is a thing though..

Nijimura is still the king of that for me

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Ranzear posted:

The stones he threw seemed to slow gradually, but that conflicts with stopping the bullet quickly enough before it fractures his skull.

I like the idea of Mista's hand still being stuck and his shooting arm getting torn off or dislocated at least. OP stands fielded by dumb people is a thing though.

Also Mista has effectively magic bullets. He could shoot lefty with no issue.

The opposite is always cool too, seemingly useless stands being used well by creative people. Like Tamami being a con man using The Lock. He's not gonna win a fight with it, but dude almost wrangled himself a house. Or Shigechi using Harvest to collect the entire town's wasted change.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Nijimura is still the king of that for me

Arabia Fats is good too.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Arabia Fats is good too.

I dunno, I give fats a pass because his plan was pretty solid, and we don't know what he would have done after killing the crusaders.

Like maybe his next step was to harness a near limitless supply of fusion energy to become a billionaire but first DIO was like "kill these dudes"

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
https://twitter.com/ienzxo/status/1066038774709268485

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I've figured it out. If you're too smart, that means you're already using all of your brain power for smarting and there's not enough left to power a strong Stand. Meanwhile, all of Okuyasu's thinking power is fueling The Hand.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I would believe it only if the brain power returns to the user when the Stand is not in use

Like Jotaro is writing up his doctoral thesis and he senses an enemy stand and suddenly he just types "FISH R GOOD" over and over

speaking of which is there ever any slight justification for why Jotaro becomes a marine biologist, like I rewatched the submarine episode and he just straight doesn't care. Out of all the random things Jojo has tossed at us, Jotaro becoming a sea scientist is up there.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
the anime added in jotaro reading a marine biology magazine while waiting for polnareff to get a haircut in anubis

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Not really but I remembered Prince having a song called "Dolphin" and part 4 Jotaro has a bunch of dolphin pins. If nothing else, then everything leads to Prince.

And his favorite movie is Never Cry Wolf, so maybe he just like animals.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
remember when jotaro punched that shark to death.

he sure does

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Expect My Mom posted:

remember when jotaro punched that shark to death.

he sure does

he cries himself to sleep thinking about it

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Really, it doesn't matter because imagining Jotaro giving an actual lecture fills me to the brim with joy. It just works.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
JoJo characters having super specific careers like Speedwagon being an oil baron, Joseph being a real estate agent and Jotaro being a marine biologist are so dumb but also do so much characterization. Like I cant imagine characters like Ichigo or Yusuke having jobs once they're not fighting evil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If they hadn't explicitly said that his time stop was out of practice, I'd like to imagine him using it to mess with grad students.