Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
The world would absolutely be a better place if people like Loomer and Wohl and various others were dead and there is nothing wrong with hoping for a better world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
The only good fascist is a dead fascist.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I mean Molyneux is a shithead but are we supposed to read that and think it's cool she made a joke about loving his wife, like isn't that some extremely dated 90's sexism/kinda rapey? I mean picture Quagmire saying that instead of person with a pretty girl icon.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I don’t think anyone ever found out who she was. She could be a 40-year-old dude from the web 1.0 days for all anyone knows.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bust Rodd posted:

I mean Molyneux is a shithead but are we supposed to read that and think it's cool she made a joke about loving his wife, like isn't that some extremely dated 90's sexism/kinda rapey? I mean picture Quagmire saying that instead of person with a pretty girl icon.

Wow, things sure are different when you completely change the context!

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

THC posted:

now the Quillette loser crew is threatening to take their ball and go to Mastadon lol

this would own because you can block entire instances on mastodon, including at the instance level so almost everyone they would want to harass would be inaccessible to them unless they spread out through different instances (which can, of course, just kick them out)

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
COCKSAILOR NO

All the more reason to try to move to mastodon I guess

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Boogie2088 posted:

Yeah, consensual sex and eugenics are totally on the same level guys, why can’t we all just get along?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
if there’s context for her tweet it wasn’t in the post or anything you guys are saying, so maybe provide that instead expecting us to know who internet twitter personalities are

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I’d definitely feel relief if I heard that she died. I’d feel the same way if I heard she were placed on a psych hold and stabilized. She’s going to get somebody killed.

Yeah, I don't want her to die, but I do want her to go away permanently because, as you say, she's on a path that's going to end with someone dead.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Riddle me this: If I want her to permanently go away in a rocket to the sun and whether or not she dies during any part of the trip is inconsequential to me, is that morally good or bad?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

OldTennisCourt posted:

Ah yes finding it weird that people seem excited another person might kill themselves is white knighting hmm yes furthermore ~faaaaaaaart~

Again Loomer sucks but that poo poo's pretty weird my man.

It must be nice not knowing anyone that Nazi agitators are loving over by spreading their poo poo.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

How did Twitter go from a thing for nerds at SXSW to the world's greatest soapbox for garbage people and racists?

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

The world would absolutely be a better place if people like Loomer and Wohl and various others were dead and there is nothing wrong with hoping for a better world.

I'm not a big fan of wishing death on smalltime youtube personalities, but it would be pretty funny if they react so poorly to Loomer's ban that they finally make good on that secret leaked conversation where they conspired to murder the 45th president of the United States, Donald Trump.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

CPL593H posted:

How did Twitter go from a thing for nerds at SXSW to the world's greatest soapbox for garbage people and racists?

intentional design?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Hellsau posted:

intentional design?

I have a friend who went on whole big rant about how Facebook is awful because of people generally being lovely or whatever so he deleted his profile. Meanwhile he's been using twitter daily for almost a decade. I can't wrap my mind around that.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

red19fire posted:

The shop had to post on its facebook page concurring that the tires were not slashed, but Loomer was screaming, making a huge scene and refusing to leave unless *someone* wrote 'slashed tires' on the receipt.

It was even worse than that, she posted pics of an intake form which she admitted to filling out along with the repair shop's 'estimate' that said 'yup, definitely slashed' in the same loving handwriting.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

CPL593H posted:

SXSW Interactive was one of the few conferences where a small tech company could self promote on a shoestring budget. Since only nerds and tech weirdos attended the event, they were naturally the first users on the service. It always had pretensions of being a ubiquitous social networking platform, it was never 'for nerds'. The garbage was always going to appear once it got popular.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I don't care if Loomer, Wohl, Baked, or whoever else gets hurt. So long as they don't take innocents with them.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

CPL593H posted:

It's the easiest social media by far to be anonymous, and also allows you to create a nice little bubble of whatever you like without having to worry about being attacked for the most part, and even if you are attacked, muting and blocking makes it easy to avoid seeing anything objectionable. An environment that guarantees only positive feedback really allows horrible opinions to quickly metastasize.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

CPL593H posted:

Boomers ruin everything.

Facebook was a cool site you could talk to your college buddies on till it got taken over. Twitter was a cool site to share funny poo poo till that was taken over.

In a couple years Instagram will be riddled with boomers posting unfunny Trump memes and photoshops of Hillary. It's the natural progression of every single social media site that ever achieved popularity.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

CPL593H posted:

Any internet community that is not aggressively policed will become a nazi center.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Niwrad posted:

In a couple years Instagram will be riddled with boomers posting unfunny Trump memes and photoshops of Hillary. It's the natural progression of every single social media site that ever achieved popularity.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqluyuOA-qe/

I wouldn't cry over Looms dying, but I also have this weird loving fascination with trying to untangle all the loops in her brain to see if I can make sense of her insanity.

So, in a sense, I would debate her, though I think I would only get an aneurysm from it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lol if you get sad at the thought of nazis dying. :decorum:

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

purple death ray posted:

Lol if you get sad at the thought of nazis dying. :decorum:

Yeah, save your sympathy for people actually dying and suffering in real life (not social media shenanigans) because of these MAGA chucklefucks.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
i want all the alt right dipshits to live long lives where theyre constantly reminded of the extremely stupid poo poo they did in their 20s and how it prevents them from ever having a normal life

like can you imagine being PJW 10 years from now? lmao

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
His basement will have been flooded by climate change at that point.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

baw posted:

i want all the alt right dipshits to live long lives where theyre constantly reminded of the extremely stupid poo poo they did in their 20s and how it prevents them from ever having a normal life

Id rather they all die of premature heart disease so they wont vote and lobby

But u do u

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

That is a shame. I was introduced to her from this thread and she was an A+ Twitter follow. I hope she comes back.

Also, I reported this clown days ago, every one of his tweets are replies saying Jew this and Jew that and nothing has happened so far. It's obvious they don't really care about any of this beyond optics.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

CPL593H posted:

Which really is why sex work should be legal because it would be much safer for everyone involved. But oh my heavens, we're a Christian nation!

The Nib did a really good piece on this about a year ago:
https://thenib.com/sex-work-backpage

It always struck me as basically an analogue to the War On Drugs. Complete with prohibition being a disastrous failure that really only serves as an excuse for the police to brutalise minorities.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

baw posted:

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

baw posted:

They will never experience a moment of shame. Their own belief is their own comfort.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://twitter.com/JacobAWohl/status/1066556796796424192

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Bust Rodd posted:

if there’s context for her tweet it wasn’t in the post or anything you guys are saying, so maybe provide that instead expecting us to know who internet twitter personalities are

You don't need any context to know your post was really dumb

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The army’s been saying that for like 20 years, Jake. Just go to prison already.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

it's not real! but it's also good!

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OldTennisCourt posted:

Loomer sucks but not gonna lie it's starting to get pretty loving creepy that people seem to be salivating over her possibly hurting herself.

grow up dipshit real stuff is happening

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Bust Rodd posted:

lmao jesus christ

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
@jack is himself a Nazi, that's why Twitter doesn't mind them using the platform

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Global climate change is a good thing for bitcoin because