Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Why did that style of trigger never take off? It was so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Because they loving suck

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Kashuno posted:

probably not cheap to implement and hell, joycons are expensive enough as it is

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Kashuno posted:

agreed

in the case of the switch though, when they need to slide the default controllers onto the sides of the perfect gaming thinger...ain't much room for an inch of travel :allears:

maybe????

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

I'm still kinda thrown sideways whenever remembering that theres that system of nvidia shields in china that offer emulated versions of gamecube games :kingsley:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Doesn't matter. For it to function as a service (nevermind emulation-side), it has to be a standardized all-or-nothing thing.

gently caress it tho. Stop worrying. Put a disclaimer about buying a gcn controller before the game starts or else controls will be finnicky and then do something dumb with the extra inputs on joycons/pro like shaking the controller, or clicking the stick, or holding left bumper while using trigger activates its fully clicked mode.
Even if it sucks rear end nobody thirsting for these games but unwilling to use dolphin will complain.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Do HD remakes of the popular Gamecube games like the GCN Zeldas for the Wii U and charge $60 for them, everyone wins.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Real hurthling! posted:

gently caress it tho. Stop worrying. Put a disclaimer about buying a gcn controller before the game starts or else controls will be finnicky and then do something dumb with the extra inputs on joycons/pro like shaking the controller, or clicking the stick, or holding left bumper while using trigger activates its fully clicked mode.
Even if it sucks rear end nobody thirsting for these games but unwilling to use dolphin will complain.

oops I'm dumb as hell as usual and missed that post you replied to, but yeah.

this is nintendo we're talking about

offline friend codes for every analogue axis!

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Mega64 posted:

Do HD remakes of the popular Gamecube games like the GCN Zeldas for the Wii U and charge $60 for them, everyone wins.

Sunshine really seems to break down though if someone ain't able to vary the FLUDD control

it does seem like it could be adapted OK maybe if they compensate for the fludd being at 100% all the time via increasing the presumed volume

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Real hurthling! posted:

No. That's just more work for an inferior end-product.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

they should port metroid prime trilogy to switch since the fourth one is coming out

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
They should port Pikmin trilogy to Switch because I want to play that

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

skip n64 and make a gamecube classic

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CYBEReris posted:

they should port metroid prime trilogy to switch since the fourth one is coming out

That's actually pretty viable, considering they have the Wii versions to play with.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gripweed posted:

They should port Pikmin trilogy to Switch because I want to play that

They definitely should.

Also give me Pikmin 4

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They should port all the good N64 games to the Switch starting with Blast Corps.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Why are they HDing another Zelda instead of Mario Sunshine. C'mon Miyamoto!!!!!!!!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
HD F-Zero GX or I will give Nintendo a Falcon Punch to the face !!!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

We get a remake of F Zero but it’s only chapter 7.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Mega64 posted:

HD F-Zero GX or I will give Nintendo a Falcon Punch to the face !!!

The Falcon Punch guy is basically just a Smash-original character now, there's no point fighting it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Woah, steady on there Satan :stonk:.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Is the first solution for a slightly drifting Joycon still a can of compressed air?

drat kids playing Mario Kart so hard.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Someone said contact spray was better iirc?

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014
Just bought Inversus on the eShop, and wow it's really great!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You know drat well that this is no fun unless I win.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

F-Zero GX, Metroid Prime 1&2, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart Double-Dash. There's more than you think, though some just differentiate a soft/full-click press on them rather than the full sliding-scale.

the only game i thought was unplayable without analog triggers was super mario sunshine but yeah nintendo definitely wouldn't find that acceptable

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

For supper Mario sunshine couldn't you have trigger be low power, z trigger be medium power, and both triggers be Max power?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

For supper Mario sunshine couldn't you have trigger be low power, z trigger be medium power, and both triggers be Max power?

Okay, now solve Luigi's mansion's variable vacuum output. Or switching between a soft and hard press on the triggers in Metroid Prime.

It's not that a game can't be fudged with alternate controls, its that you'd have to do something unique for each and every game. And a lot of them just won't play as well as a result. The only sane way to actually do GCN games is to port the game straight and use the proper controller.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Or use an xbox/ps controller that actually has good analog triggers.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The correct controller solution for GC games is to replace anolog triggers with counting how many ice cubes there are using HD rumble

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Yeah Nintendo is going scorched earth on all the Smash Bros leak uploads because not only did the game leak early but the person uploaded a pirated version of the game, ran a stream, and linked to the pirate ROM of it in the description so there’s been a bunch of people datamining the pirated copy as well as streaming pirated versions as well

He should have put 'Fair use intended' in the video description, duh!

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

CYBEReris posted:

Do the right thing Nintendo

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
Explain to me how we would be able to do a Half A press on Mario 64 on the switch!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Spectral Debt posted:

Explain to me how we would be able to do a Half A press on Mario 64 on the switch!

Beat me to it!

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Spectral Debt posted:

By already holding A down when we enter the level. You see, and A press is actually comprised of three parts:

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Dead Cells is fun.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

ohrwurm posted:

Dead Cells is fun.

It really is. I need to get back to it someday. Did they ever release that big November patch for the Switch version?

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Anyone actually own a switchcharge? 4x the battery and an actual good stand sounds good but concerned about bricking.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/switchcharge-a-battery-case-for-nintendo-switch#/

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

BisterdDave posted:

It really is. I need to get back to it someday. Did they ever release that big November patch for the Switch version?

Doesn’t seem like it from what I can find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I really liked the use of the Gamecube triggers in Rogue Leader - varying degrees of pressure controlled your speed, with the final click either opening or closing your ship's s-foils, if it had them