Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Some comedian has a bit where she says if she lives to be 100, she will troll people by saying it's because she ate an entire pine cone everyday.

As I sit here in my Alpha Lupi, with no resilience, and holding a sidearm and a trace rifle, I can't help but wonder if I have been eating your pine cones

When you yield all three control points just to prevent mercying the other team and still win by 65 points, you can use any gun and mop up.

So yes the thread has been owned.

Next video: dual bows, gets 150 kills because he asked his fireteam to camp in spawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

cvnvcnv posted:

It's really only Totoro and Jackson who play sycophant for pages at a time.

Get out I'm pretty sure Cheese copied me on the kinetic sidearms meta.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Pine cones are tasty

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Bone krew was the vanguard of kinetic sidearms and we have like 69,420 nicknames for the Turd Smuggler

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
Can someone from BK who is good at PVP confirm his words? Thanks.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's true, we have a short phrase for every possible roll of the gun.

For example, full auto + tap the trigger is known as "autotap".

To get the full list you need an xbox, the only console powerful enough to store all that data.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
poo poo I knew I should have gone with the big boy console. I had to put an SSD in my Pee rear end Four just to store our complicated Vault strats

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Insane Totoro posted:

poo poo I knew I should have gone with the big boy console. I had to put an SSD in my Pee rear end Four just to store our complicated Vault strats

uninvited for bad post

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

The wise man lowered his head and said solemnly “sidearms own, you imbecile, you absolute moron”

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Insane Totoro posted:

It’s actually past me that was good at pvp, but from the alternate timeline future where D2 wasn’t poop from a butt at launch. President Hillary kinda sucks.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

ohrwurm posted:

The wise man lowered his head and said solemnly “sidearms own, you imbecile, you absolute moron”

I did a lot of testing and here's a serious post about sidearms and mods.

Ricochet Rounds and Rangefinder are essentially godly for any game mode and are core to ADS quick kills.

Scope is up to you. I like long range scopes on my Omolon burst sidearms and handling scopes on my Smugglers Word. Dealers choice when it comes to PVP.

I run Minor Spec and Outlaw for EP, raids, and Gambit. The Rangefinder perk allows you to touch even the ogres from the side plates on Morgeth. And the Minor Spec is pure run and gun bliss anywhere else, especially for orb generation and plate clear on Kalli and Shuro.

For PVP and Gambit I run Freehand Grip or Icarus and it's my go to for invasions. Titan aerial game is very good in Gambit so you can skate up to dudes fast when invading and shoot them from above. Hunters are even better at sidearm air game.

With that said, Major Spec Smugglers Word owns in Gambit for burning down everything from Blockers to even normal big dudes. And it's a great addition to Nightfalls so you don't burn through rare RNG special ammo.

I'm also loving around with a Quickdraw Freehand Grip Smugglers in concert with Fighting Lion and the two work well together. Either I finish the Lion'd dudes with the sidearm or I sidearm a group and then try to shoot them with Lion.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Biggest downside with smuggler's word is the reload speed. It gives tricksleeves some relevance if you play hunter, but for everyone else it forces you to make a value judgment about which reload perk to use (hint: grenade launcher speed, always, but the nugget of doubt is still there).

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
I have an Enhanced Grenade Loader Tricksleeves and it FUCKS. Especially for add clears with Smugglers and Lion

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

fuuuuuuuck youuuuuuu for having better RNG

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

I run this with telesto and it sufficiently poops on people

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

xzzy posted:

fuuuuuuuck youuuuuuu for having better RNG

I got a sidearm loader and fusion (Telesto) scavenger Shards gauntlets last night too. RNG!

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Insane Totoro posted:

I got a sidearm loader and fusion (Telesto) scavenger Shards gauntlets last night too. RNG!

No those should belong to me

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That particular Shards roll was extremely good in Gambit because it let me clear phalanx blockers and Envoys super fast with nearly max Telesto ammo 24/7. Sidearm reload let me win a couple 1v3s during invade too.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

ohrwurm posted:

I run this with telesto and it sufficiently poops on people

I’ve got the same with a handling mw, been saving it because I figure it slaps

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I’ve got the same with a handling mw, been saving it because I figure it slaps

Might be a better roll. Whipping it out faster is good!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Insane Totoro posted:

That particular Shards roll was extremely good in Gambit because it let me clear phalanx blockers and Envoys super fast with nearly max Telesto ammo 24/7. Sidearm reload let me win a couple 1v3s during invade too.

Shards and Telesto, a match made in heaven.

"the gear for people who want to win lots of gambit"

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

xzzy posted:

QB would have killed him as he ran to cover and you would have more time to chase down his bros.

Maybe. Some people are just behind cover when you spawn in at the other side of the map.

Also I feel some people are just supporting QB because raid rnjesus didn't give them 1k

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Shards and Telesto, a match made in heaven.

"the gear for people who want to win lots of gambit"

"but locked behind three tiers of RNG"

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

totoro did you and yam get lunas yesterday? I saw he was cheating on me with you :mad:

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
Yeah I clutched a few for him with my sidearm

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Some comedian has a bit where she says if she lives to be 100, she will troll people by saying it's because she ate an entire pine cone everyday.

As I sit here in my Alpha Lupi, with no resilience, and holding a sidearm and a trace rifle, I can't help but wonder if I have been eating your pine cones

I have videos of me eating the pine cones though!!!1

But yeah i get it. Something that works for me isnt going to work for everyone. But my philosophy has always been to counter the meta (where possible) rather than try and use the meta better tham everyone else. There is only so much wiggle room for using a shotgun and a 3 tap hand canon. Plus shotguns are 80s gay.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

xzzy posted:

When you yield all three control points just to prevent mercying the other team and still win by 65 points, you can use any gun and mop up.

So yes the thread has been owned.

Next video: dual bows, gets 150 kills because he asked his fireteam to camp in spawn.

I use this auto quite a bit now in QP and almost always do well.

But yeah i take your point, this isn't what i would use against a stack team or in comp, i uae wavesplitter and a sidearm for those.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
Let's be honest I want to know how the other guy got a zero resilience Alpha lupi build

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

actionjackson posted:

Maybe. Some people are just behind cover when you spawn in at the other side of the map.

Also I feel some people are just supporting QB because raid rnjesus didn't give them 1k

I'd love to try qb, but until it drops lol

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

PathAsc posted:

I'd love to try qb, but until it drops lol

U got geomags tho bruh

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

This is how Bungie makes exotics feel significant, you totes jealous what your bros got and they jealous of what you got.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Nobody needs to be jealous of anything since all you need to win are vanilla exotics

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Nobody needs to be jealous of anything since all you need to win are vanilla exotics

I agree, fighting lion is all anyone needs.

But in a game about loot people gonna want loot.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Bone krew was the vanguard of kinetic sidearms and we have like 69,420 nicknames for the Turd Smuggler

Insane Totoro posted:

Yeah I was using snugglers bird week 1 winning elevator tag battles against shotguns for a while

Now I'm using Last Dance with Moving Target/Tap The Trigger/Icarus when there's vertical space to work with otherwise just a retold tale

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

U got geomags tho bruh

True, but I want to drag the meatiest sack I can over pubs so I gotta get all the things for all the situations

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

PathAsc posted:

True, but I want to drag the meatiest sack I can over pubs so I gotta get all the things for all the situations

There are few things more satisfying than going to invade with QB, getting a few kills, then coming back and saying "alright let's torch this motherfucker" and blasting the primeval with the Extenz Kamehameha

Constantly see >50% damage to primeval every round

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

There are few things more satisfying than going to invade with QB, getting a few kills, then coming back and saying "alright let's torch this motherfucker" and blasting the primeval with the Extenz Kamehameha

Constantly see >50% damage to primeval every round

Being able to bring chaos reach back up in under a minute so long as there are trash mobs/multikills is stupid good

Hail light reactor

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I actually feel real bad for the Scorn. Here we get a new enemy race with fun gimmicks and lore and S&M aesthetic, then LOL it's the Hive and Taken again. They didn't even get to be the villains of their own expansion. Hell the final raid boss didn't even get to be the villain because it's working for the Hive.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Scorn are the Farm of Destiny races

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

haveblue posted:

The Scorn are the Farm of Destiny races

I was on the 360 for D1 so never got Rise of Iron, were the Splicers an actual new race gameplay wise or were they just a new Fallen paint scheme like the House of Wolves were?