Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Automated bleeding edge blockchain cloud deployment utilizing big data machine learning and best practices, resulting in an increase of stellar performance against corporate KPIs while adhereing to company philosophies, promoting internal collaboration between a variety of previously silo’d departments, and creating enthusiastic stakeholders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I keep hearing the word holistic used in regards to networks and it wants to make me want to scream.

The next time I clear a cache I'm going to call it a data colonic.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Krispy Wafer posted:

I keep hearing the word holistic used in regards to networks and it wants to make me want to scream.

The next time I clear a cache I'm going to call it a data colonic.

Make sure the tubes are firmly attached to the cloud for maximum throughput.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Proteus Jones posted:

With machine learning.

Recruiters: :flashfap:

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Screw bitcoin. Dinars is the new currency

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

jaegerx posted:

Screw bitcoin. Din@rs is the new currency

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

As a newly minted manager this thread content has gone from “lol” to “oh no” quickly.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Virigoth posted:

As a newly minted manager this thread content has gone from “lol” to “oh no” quickly.

Going forward, I hope you find synergies in reducing redundancies and right sizing your department in an effort to align core competencies and leverage best practices.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Krispy Wafer posted:

Going forward, I hope you find synergies in reducing redundancies and right sizing your department in an effort to align core competencies and leverage best practices.

Please revert the learnings from the focus group to the meeting on Monday morni-:barf:.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Why do people use revert it sounds so dumb

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

“I’ll get back to you on the same”

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
pfa and revert by eob

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kashuno posted:

Why do people use revert it sounds so dumb

I think it's one of those Indian call center things that got out into the wild. "Learnings", on the other hand, has to be straight management power-jargon to sound impressive.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

“from an [x] perspective” is irritating as well

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think it's one of those Indian call center things that got out into the wild. "Learnings", on the other hand, has to be straight management power-jargon to sound impressive.

"Learnings" also seems to be used frequently to describe "things we finally understood after we hosed up", e.g. after an outage, complaint or after something failed; perhaps "lessons learned" is too close to the truth, i.e. "we don't really know what we are doing and/or we hadn't really anticipated this".

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
We use "lessons learned" on every project we do. My organization is big on "yes, there will be mistakes. Let's learn from them." After my team lost the Halloween costume contest we had an informal debrief to go over lessons learned :rolleyes:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

We do the whole 'lessons learned' thing and it will highlight glaring errors in the way our sales team approach things and then....nothing changes!

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
My favorite corporate pathology is learned helplessness, personally

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer

Thanks Ants posted:

We do the whole 'lessons learned' thing and it will highlight glaring errors in the way our sales team approach things and then....nothing changes!
Same, but swap out sales team for project managers!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Sweet! A great, totally balanced review with my manager.

"Why did this project go so poorly?"

Well, we get all the technical and operational work prepared. However, in our pilot we found out that if we implemented the change it would literally cripple multiple teams and cost potentially millions of dollars. We brought up these concerns and were told to hold off until those risks were resolved.

"It seems like you didn't want it to succeed, and that's why it didn't."

Sudden Loud Noise fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Nov 26, 2018

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

“Did you hear my response?”

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Thanks Ants posted:

“Did you hear my response?”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJX1REQB12o

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Well, we get all the technical and operational work prepared. However, in our pilot we found out that if we implemented the change it would literally cripple multiple teams and cost potentially millions of dollars. We brought up these concerns and were told to hold off until those risks were resolved.

Hmmmm... Sounds like this all could have been avoided by simply putting the project into production without testing/piloting.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
I feel like I may be having the same conversation with my boss soon. I came in after a design was approved for a project but the design is severely flawed. I've been trying to work around the problems but I have hit several roadblocks due to how the infrastructure is set up. Oh well!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
We recently implemented a large scale labor tracking/improvement system in our warehouse, spearheaded by IT and the warehouse manager despite the COO claiming they were running the project even though they never so much as attended the meetings on the project. Needless to say, once it went live the project absolutely fell on its face due to management not actually being invested

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Kashuno posted:

We recently implemented a large scale labor tracking/improvement system in our warehouse, spearheaded by IT and the warehouse manager despite the COO claiming they were running the project even though they never so much as attended the meetings on the project. Needless to say, once it went live the project absolutely fell on its face due to management not actually being invested

Implementation by commandment.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Sepist posted:

I feel like I may be having the same conversation with my boss soon. I came in after a design was approved for a project but the design is severely flawed. I've been trying to work around the problems but I have hit several roadblocks due to how the infrastructure is set up. Oh well!

Is this the project you've been on for a while, or is your job now dodging rakes that project managers have thrown onto the floor?

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k

Thanks Ants posted:

Is this the project you've been on for a while, or is your job now dodging rakes that project managers have thrown onto the floor?

Same project I've been working on for months. I have a bunch of others going simultaneously but this one is certainly the worst.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
Getting orientation for new job and the podium PC they're presenting from, running Windows 7, popped up with a patch notice for QuickTime. :ohdear:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

Getting orientation for new job and the podium PC they're presenting from, running Windows 7, popped up with a patch notice for QuickTime. :ohdear:

You're honour-bound to murder that computer now.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k
Just use realplayer

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Sepist posted:

Just use realplayer

Roxio CD Burner is asking for a software key.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Should have gone for the quick wins instead.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Guy at a remote site said the rack didn’t have any space for the ASA we sent. Asked for a picture and someone mounted a full size computer tower in there :wtc:

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012

Vargatron posted:

Roxio CD Burner is asking for a software key.

flatten and reinstall winamp.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

terrenblade posted:

flatten and reinstall winamp.

Winamp, from back when companies had good mottoes.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Sepist posted:

Just use realplayer

Let me know when this is actioned.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Tetramin posted:

Guy at a remote site said the rack didn’t have any space for the ASA we sent. Asked for a picture and someone mounted a full size computer tower in there :wtc:

You sweet summer child.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Jesus Christ it's my nightmares from 2003 made manifest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Sickening posted:

You sweet summer child.

what the gently caress