Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Gaz-L posted:

There is, however, a certain degree of obtuseness in requiring a PRINT media source for an internet encyclopaedia.

The Janela article has literally 1 source they'd call good and that was Deadspin, which as we know is famous for its print edition.

They don't exclusively require print media sources. Just something that carries more weight than profightdb.com or cagematch.net. Really it's because there needs to be some bar for entry.

The problem with the Janela draft is that the basic bar is having a few articles like the Deadspin article, and the Janela draft has only one. If they could put a few more in, it would get in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i just want to say, i edited the Mallard Fillmore wikipedia page like 6 years ago. i added things to the "Recurring Themes" section. they are still there, go check and see if you can figure out which ones are mine

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Baron Corbin posted:

i just want to say, i edited the Mallard Fillmore wikipedia page like 6 years ago. i added things to the "Recurring Themes" section. they are still there, go check and see if you can figure out which ones are mine

Pro-click here, folks.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I feel like if Blizzard and Riot Games weren't determined to piss away their good will from fans over and over, E-Sports would probably end up being as big or bigger than wrestling is right now, since a lot of the teams have major funding from NBA or Pro Soccer (Football) leagues and will regularly do HUGE numbers for their world championships online.

League of Legend's 2018 Championships drew 8 Million People
Monday Night Raw on average, draws 2 million.

It's apples to oranges since the fair comparison would be World Championships vs Wrestlemania, but E-Sports is growing, especially in China and it's snowballing in mainstream appeal over there.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

When you don't have standards you get this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_badgers

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sign Billy the Bionic Badger already, Vince.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Pro gamers sure are doing there part to be as awful as pro wresere can be so good job

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If you know how to follow Wikipedia's rules, you can probably sneak by an article about anything as long as you don't fall afoul of someone like the Zack Ryder guy who makes it their pet issue. Remember Brimstone? That article was up for years until the wrestling community got wind of it.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lord Urthstripe the Strong of Salamandastron is still real to me damnit

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Also a reminder that Bazooka Kaboom on Wikipedia still leads to Daniel Bryan

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Baron Corbin posted:

I thought this was a joke.

Am pleased to report I was wrong.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The Kimoa Kid posted:

No one actually cares about professional gaming, they only pretend to because they assume teens care. Also it's not a sport, stop letting them get away with calling it sports.
agreed but extend to motor”sports” as well

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
wikipedia edit wars are won by the people who have enough time and dedication to filibuster and revert any changes they dislike

most of the editors that are actively editing wikipedia in 2018 in significant amounts can dedicate weeks if not months if they care hard enough

it's a mess and fixing it in any significant amounts would require cutting through wikipedia bureaucracy which, coincidentally, also requires all of those same skills to do

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Aesop Poprock posted:

Still cracks me up. What was the context of that name? Was it from a goon suggesting that was going to be DB name or was it to do with Nick Lovin? I can't remember.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

flatluigi posted:

wikipedia edit wars are won by the people who have enough time and dedication to filibuster and revert any changes they dislike

most of the editors that are actively editing wikipedia in 2018 in significant amounts can dedicate weeks if not months if they care hard enough

it's a mess and fixing it in any significant amounts would require cutting through wikipedia bureaucracy which, coincidentally, also requires all of those same skills to do

We were all complaining about Wikipedia drama like this back in 2004 and I'm willing to bet serious money the same people back then are still running things now.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I mean the latest non-wrestling controversy on Wikipedia is about the same kinds of entrenched editors denying that a transgender character in an anime is actually trans because *farrrrrrrt*

It's not just wrestling, Wikipedia is just terrible

Venomous fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Nov 25, 2018

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Lily is canonically a zombie girl as of this writing, despite being born and living in a male body while alive. They cannot deny reality any longer

Editing to bring up the below post. If you're going to read it, please understand that it's literal. The "above post" in reference is this one, even though it was made by me, and not any other post. No Mistakes were made other than ones that can not be undone

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Nov 25, 2018

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

This is in response to the post above. on the surface it may seem silly if you don't think about it. But it's dangerous and harmful to society as a whole on a long-term scale to try and deny or hide passive trans representation in media, regardless of intentions; whether it's strictly coincidental through the thoughts of a prime dorkus, or perpetrated by someone with hate in their heart. Thanks

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Aesop Poprock posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloyd_Boner

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I really want a documentary about the people who edit and run Wikipedia just to see how the Wikimedia Foundation handles the disconnect between their want to be a recognized academic source and their reality of pop culture and trivia repository. I know they're always hungry to have more academics contribute but don't seem to realize academics and experts are busy putting out resources that they can put their name on.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

Gumball Gumption posted:

I really want a documentary about the people who edit and run Wikipedia just to see how the Wikimedia Foundation handles the disconnect between their want to be a recognized academic source and their reality of pop culture and trivia repository. I know they're always hungry to have more academics contribute but don't seem to realize academics and experts are busy putting out resources that they can put their name on.

Not only that, they have enough infighting, microscopic battles, and pointless arguments enough.. they don't need edit wars for that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I read the second cavauro post first and was extremely confused, until I read the first cavauro post. It was a harrowing few minutes.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So I only know Mexican wrestlers through their roles in US promotions. And of course many of the most famous ones are like Mysterio, tiny, very agile guys. But there's also Konnan and Del Rio, average sizes for wrestlers and not all about the "flippy-ness."

Are most Mexican wrestlers like those two and Rey and those like him are their equivalent of cruiserweights still? Or are the promotions more dominated by smaller wrestlers?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

If you know how to follow Wikipedia's rules, you can probably sneak by an article about anything as long as you don't fall afoul of someone like the Zack Ryder guy who makes it their pet issue. Remember Brimstone? That article was up for years until the wrestling community got wind of it.

i used to work at a lovely store in the mall and Brimstone came in and started telling all the workers he used to be in the WWF and WCW and ECW. so i asked him when he was in the WWF, he said 1995. i said i didn't remember ever seeing him and asked him if he wrestled under the name Brimstone. he insisted that he did and then left with hundreds of dollars of Legos.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NikkolasKing posted:

So I only know Mexican wrestlers through their roles in US promotions. And of course many of the most famous ones are like Mysterio, tiny, very agile guys. But there's also Konnan and Del Rio, average sizes for wrestlers and not all about the "flippy-ness."

Are most Mexican wrestlers like those two and Rey and those like him are their equivalent of cruiserweights still? Or are the promotions more dominated by smaller wrestlers?

the current biggest draw in mexico is a near immobile 50 year old fat man dressed as a skeleton

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

STONE COLD 64 posted:

the current biggest draw in mexico is a near immobile 50 year old fat man dressed as a skeleton

Skeletons can't be fat. :colbert:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Randaconda posted:

Skeletons can't be fat. :colbert:

they can be big boned

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

He’s an AWESOME 50 year old fat man dressed as a skeleton!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hes not at all immobile

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Super No Vacancy posted:

hes not at all immobile

then they should call him la drivea not la parka

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Super No Vacancy posted:

hes not at all immobile

He moves better than Cibernetico

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm catching up on the last couple of months of MLW and oddly I find him to be about the same level as his kid.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

La Park has lost a step but his charisma makes up for it and he also knows how to work around his weaknesses

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

This guy absolutely wrote his own wiki page didn't he?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NikkolasKing posted:

Part of Konnan's appeal was he had a ridiculous physique during his peak, he was a bigger dude for that time. There's a decent range but with less focus on heavyweights than the US or Japan. Traditionally the heavyweight title of CMLL isn't close to the most important belt, a welter or middleweight title will be, or maybe trios. You have a variety of stars from 160 lbs to the 240 range, then a smattering of big heavyweights above that.

LA Park is loving huge but that's just because he's fat as hell since he can't work out anymore, but will still do dives in big matches and all sorts of wacky bumps. There's a reason he's the Wrestler of the Year.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Why can't LA Park work out now

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Smoking Crow posted:

Why can't LA Park work out now

His knees are thrashed.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

He should diet, I don't want him to have a stroke or something

Then again super porky is still alive so who knows

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 26, 2018

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

STAC Goat posted:

I'm catching up on the last couple of months of MLW and oddly I find him to be about the same level as his kid.

Is that a compliment to LA Park or a condemnation of his kid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

MassRafTer posted:

Part of Konnan's appeal was he had a ridiculous physique during his peak, he was a bigger dude for that time. There's a decent range but with less focus on heavyweights than the US or Japan. Traditionally the heavyweight title of CMLL isn't close to the most important belt, a welter or middleweight title will be, or maybe trios. You have a variety of stars from 160 lbs to the 240 range, then a smattering of big heavyweights above that.
Can anyone explain Konnan's fashion sense in WCW?