Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

haveblue posted:

A Dishonored VR game would be perfect, teleportation is already a major game mechanic.

They already have the problem of low sales as it is

succ posted:

Can anyone recommend PS4 indie exclusives? I tried Googling but I thought there would be more

Trying to take advantage of the 20% off coupon

I think splunky 2 is the only recent one i've heard about coming soon. Ps stopped paying for indie exclusives a few years back when they saw no one could catch them and their 1st party had finally started putting things out that werent knack/killzone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

VR might actually get me to consider playing Skyrim again...

though there's probably a Bethesda bug that would permanently blind me or something

Skyrim VR is amazing but I’m a Skyrim fanboy as is. It’s a really special experience though. Walking around in a creepy dungeon or a beautiful forest is an entirely different thing in VR.

Aranan posted:

I don't even own it yet. :shobon: I just decided that it'd be my first souls game a few hours ago.

My wife did say the trailer looked scary/cool and she's looking forward to watching me play. She's too scared of the setting and the challenge to play herself, plus she gets satisfaction from watching me die in other games.

It’s genuinely terrifying in the best way.

Also :hfive: that’s how my lady and I handle spooky games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Steve Yun posted:

Morningside University? Columbia :argh:

What other fake landmarks have you guys found

NYU is “Empire State University” but that actually comes from the comics. And the Metropolitan Museum of Art is replaced by “Manhattan Museum of Contemporary Art” for some reason. It seems kinda random since the Guggenheim is right across the street (which isn’t accurate lol) and it’s correct in name and appearance. Having lived in and near NYC my whole life I found it to be a pretty decent recreation, definitely the best I’ve seen in a game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I wonder if there’s licensing for certain buildings tbh because like, the Empire State and Chrysler Buildings are perfect but One World Trade Center looks different and it’s not even a named landmark in the game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pablo Nergigante posted:

NYU is “Empire State University” but that actually comes from the comics. And the Metropolitan Museum of Art is replaced by “Manhattan Museum of Contemporary Art” for some reason. It seems kinda random since the Guggenheim is right across the street (which isn’t accurate lol) and it’s correct in name and appearance. Having lived in and near NYC my whole life I found it to be a pretty decent recreation, definitely the best I’ve seen in a game

Upper manhattan is extremely wrong in the game.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I wonder if there’s licensing for certain buildings tbh because like, the Empire State and Chrysler Buildings are perfect but One World Trade Center looks different and it’s not even a named landmark in the game

there definitely are. too many games avoid using well known buildings for there not to be

well partially that and partially some stuff is just different in the comics themselves

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Knack 2 (2017)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ-PUXEJX_I&t=450s

God of War (2018)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRpiBBapW44&t=154s

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

Upper manhattan is extremely wrong in the game.

Yeah it gets worse the farther north you go tbh, which seems to happen in most NYC-based games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Also there are way too many alleyways. Manhattan barely has any

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Manatee Cannon posted:

there definitely are. too many games avoid using well known buildings for there not to be

There definitely is, and I learned this when the first Watchdogs turned Chicago's giant silver blob into a giant glowing blob.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah it gets worse the farther north you go tbh, which seems to happen in most NYC-based games

Washington heights would have been cool to see all the rapid changes is streetlevel but nope.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Have you played the Division? That pretty much nailed it. Sad the division 2 isn’t just moving it over to Brooklyn, would have liked a game to maybe have Bay Ridge for once.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

KNACK 2 GOAT

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I just remember playing Infamous Second Son then going to visit Seattle a little later, and thinking to myself that outside of the Seattle center, it looked nothing like Seattle at all.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

blackguy32 posted:

I just remember playing Infamous Second Son then going to visit Seattle a little later, and thinking to myself that outside of the Seattle center, it looked nothing like Seattle at all.

Brave post incoming: Second Son wasn't horrible but it was lazy and undercooked in a lot of places and super disappointing coming off the excellent Infamous 2.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Brave post incoming: Second Son wasn't horrible but it was lazy and undercooked in a lot of places and super disappointing coming off the excellent Infamous 2.

the evil route of second son is some embarrassing nonsense

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The only bad thing about Second Son is that we haven't had a sequel yet

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Harlock posted:

The only bad thing about Second Son is that we haven't had a sequel yet

:yeah:

It was so good. I’m really surprised I haven’t even seen rumors pop up.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The entirety of Sucker Punch is probably focused on Ghost of Tsushima now.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I just beat Horizon and got the platinum. Pretty great game! A little mad that I waited so long to play it but it was really enjoyable and I liked all the cool tricks you could do to slice robots apart and getting cool mods for your stuff. I liked trying to figure out the story before it happened (got maybe half of my predictions right) and I'm hoping they'll do a sequel, what with the obvious hook and all. I'm just a little disappointed that in the finale the final battle didn't feature a unique robot. I figured HADES would have some kind of cool Matrix-like bot or something but instead you just fight the endgame bot again but with a corruption buff.

Just started The Frozen Wilds now. It's neat so far, just traipsing around collecting the Bluegleam and hunting badgers.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

haveblue posted:

The entirety of Sucker Punch is probably focused on Ghost of Tsushima now.

man I completely forgot that game exists. the e3 demo looked so good

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I don't even give a poo poo if Ghosts of Tsushima isn't completely amazing so long as they retain that sudden death combat throughout the whole thing. I don't want to wail on poo poo as a ninja, I want to cut once and cut true.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

yeah i really hope they do some crazy big monsters for Horizon 2 and definitely minimize human combat as much as possible.

the coolest sidequest for me was the hunter's lodge quest. I'd love to see more named machines, and definitely some big unique designs. give us something incredible for the final boss this time.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Manatee Cannon posted:

man I completely forgot that game exists. the e3 demo looked so good

:toot: :hf: :japan:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

JBP posted:

I don't even give a poo poo if Ghosts of Tsushima isn't completely amazing so long as they retain that sudden death combat throughout the whole thing. I don't want to wail on poo poo as a ninja, I want to cut once and cut true.

Yeah, that reminded me of how much Bushido Blade 2 owned, hopefully that's how the whole game is

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Oxxidation posted:

It was made at the tail end of a game trend of good/evil choices but the evil choice was always stupid nonsense since either way it's gonna be about helping NPCs with their problems.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

It was made at the tail end of a game trend of good/evil choices but the evil choice was always stupid nonsense since either way it's gonna be about helping NPCs with their problems.

except now you do the sex with one of them and also make an old lady sad

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Wait, how do you get the $15 off thing, I want it before the sale ends if I’m eligible for it.. I have ps plus and have always bought random games digitally, somewhat consistently..

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Since we've been talking about Bloodborne, has anyone played this
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1066941162315907073
Will this make me grow as a person/gamer

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

GF comes home, drops a perfunctory "how was your day" then palm slams a disc into the PS4. It's the Spyro Reignited Trilogy. I ask her if she wants dinner soon, she says "whatever, I'm OK." I say I'm going to cook, she says "OK I'll help in fifteen minutes". She never helps and dinner is done.

I don't even care, I just know how it feels now.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I've played it, it was fun! You take turns attacking monsters /bosses, if you die you lose all of your blood echoes, so you want to sacrifice a turn to "return to the Hunters Dream" and bank your points. Every time you go to the dream or die you pick up a new weapon or item card to add to your personal deck. Player with the most blood echoes after all bosses are defeated wins.

It's a solid game, I'd recommend it if you're a big board game enthusiast and like bloodborne. I played it before I'd played the actual game and enjoyed it.

Speaking of which : anyone have tips for surviving Logarius? I want to see the rest of the DLC, I reaaaally want to get to the fishing hamlet for some of that Shadow Over Innsmouth goodness, but I keep getting two-shotted. 30 vitality, level 80ish. Using the Holy Sword at rank 10. Is there a damage type I should focus on?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Logarius isn't part of the DLC, do you mean Ludwig?

If you mean Logarius, wear arcane resistant clothes, smack his sword when he plants it on the ground, avoid the edges of the roof. A lot of the fight is just practicing your dodging skills. He can be parried a lot, especially when he does his flying sword attack.

If you mean Ludwig, just try to keep to his sides I guess. Punish his breath attack. He's tough as hell. His second phase is easier imo.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Whoops, yeah. Ludwig. The horse dude. In a game full of body horror that's the first design that made me feel genuinely sick. It's a fantastic design. The weird mouth thing full of eyes?! :cry:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ludwig is such a motherfucker the only advice I think anyone ever gives or receives is "try really hard not to die" and rather than it being a "gently caress you, git gud" response it is genuine assistance.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

The whole morality system of Second son was nonsense and why First light is immensely better.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Also bloodborne is made better in that there isn't magic and there aren't a bunch of weapons. It helps keep things simple.

Also, I'm so glad I beat Henryk while keeping Eileen alive. That fight sucks.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Add me if you want, Bopbopperano, I can be your guide through this nightmare. I’ll even role play as Simon if you want to kill him and get his bow blade early. The Researxh Hall took me a while my first playthrough, but even though it still does occasionally, sometimes I breeze through then go back and clean up and do the quest for the murky, mushy brain fluid.

I used to prefer the fishing hamlet but now that I fully understand, or I guess took a step back and thought how hosed up it is what they’re doing to the patients there.. and why they hear water, etc. I just sort of read about how they used Kos’ blood, and it worked to an extent, but didn’t truly turn them into kin, like, duh, Living Failures.. Which becomes a lot more interesting just with that context, though it seems like they’re pretty powerful as well, and can summon some powerful comic poo poo.. they’re just like just as good at failing as the Celestial Emissary and the other kin are super goofy and can barely run because their heads seem to shift wait and make them off balance. But I noticed that they have big arms that are asymmetrical in size, like the beasts. Is there a beast blood for the more common enemy, then Ebreitas’ for the Kin? Ioesefka is above the woods and is a Choir member so ostensibly she’s nipping up to Upper Cathedral Ward to get some blood now and then. I mean, the kin are the closest they’ve come to whatever it is they’re trying to do, but then they were like gently caress this when they found out about the cords of the eye?

Wow I guess I don’t know poo poo about the lore, I thought I had it down

drat, what a dope game. I’m gonna run through the Hunters Nightmare rn anyways! Such a cool area.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Imhotep posted:

Wait, how do you get the $15 off thing, I want it before the sale ends if I’m eligible for it.. I have ps plus and have always bought random games digitally, somewhat consistently..

You missed it sorry :( it was in October. Spend $100 and get $15 back.

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007
Mamma Mia, my hands are huge!

I bought Bloodborne after hbomberguys video about it, but I haven't opened the box yet. Is there a guide that doesn't just tell you where everything is for people who haven't really played this sort of thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Imagine Bloodborne but you don’t have to travel for 10 minutes to get back to the boss after dying to it

That’s the Bloodborne I might have tried to play more

As for the poster above me honestly it is one of those games where it’s best to just explore and learn the layout for yourself