Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Acacia REI posted:

Turning a show that used to deal so heavily with addiction into a literal beer ad is the tone-deaf content I've come to expect from AMC.

There's also that whole episode where Garret Dillahunt and his friend debate whether or not to open the expensive bottle of whiskey lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Johnny Truant posted:

yeah I was gonna say they didn't gently caress it up just once, they biffed three Wire alums

I guess that's impressive? At least Bodie didn't show up or something :shrug:

My man! :hfive:

Randy played Alicia's boyfriend in Fear S1, but I think all other Wire alum managed to avoid this franchise.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

precision posted:

There's also that whole episode where Garret Dillahunt and his friend debate whether or not to open the expensive bottle of whiskey lmao
As poo poo as season 4 was, l couldnt resist pulling my bottle of Lagavulin off the shelf when that happened, to share a drink with my imaginary buddy Strand. The man has impeccable taste.

Ersatz fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Nov 25, 2018

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gortarius posted:

Remember how last time Aaron was being gay there was an outcry the likes of which this show has never seen. Something along the lines of "My kids are watching this gory shitfest with me but that 2 seconds of gay kissing was crossing the line!"

Uh, no, I don't remember that. Literally nowhere, at least mainstream. Reactions were either positive or non-existent.

The 'chud backlash' pretty much didn't exist.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

I think part of the Carl problem is that he aged in real time. 17 year old Carl doesn't look nearly as cool confronting Negan than like 8 year old Carl.

Carl is far and away my favorite character in the books and they really just did he wrong in the show

Well part of it was execution too. The show/comic were similar up until they open the truck Carl is hiding in.

Comic Carl immediately started spraying every Savior he could find while screaming "Where's Negan?" and continued mowing people down, immediately firing shots at Negan (hitting another Savior) until Dwight clocked him on the back of the head, then Negan came out and was like "Wowa, we got a little badass here."

Show Carl shot one random dude, then started saying stupid poo poo like "I don't want to kill anyone, I just want Negan!" Then Negan started whistling and saunnnnnntered out in the open giving Carl a clear shot, then proceeded to mug to Carl who had him dead to rights while Carl sat there not shooting until he got taken down.

Same basic scene but in scene A Carl is a badass mofo of a little kid. In scene B Carl is a trigger shy jackass in over his head. Also in Scene A Negan was a surprised individual that almost got his head blown off, and in Scene B Negan was a complete moron who'd taunt a kid with a gun pointed at him. Both characters suffered from the loving up of the details and this sort of thing happens EVERY time they take a scene from the comics.

I mean that might sound nit picking and God knows I'm prone to it, but it's like all these major beats they got wrong makes the whole thing come off all hosed up.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Nov 25, 2018

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

it's tonight oh boy

is it an extra long ep?

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Blazing Ownager posted:

Uh, no, I don't remember that. Literally nowhere, at least mainstream. Reactions were either positive or non-existent.

The 'chud backlash' pretty much didn't exist.

IDK about mainstream, but when it actually happened, there were still members of my friends and family who watched this show and I definitely remember complaints of "do they really feel the need to force the gay agenda on a show about the apocalypse??" as if gay people just stop existing when the outbreak hits.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
At least we got a couple episode break from “new group bad our group good” to focus on “our group bad?” Excited to get back to “new group bad” for the next season and a half or so

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
There's an unnamed special guest on talking dead tonight so yep someone is gonna get killed for sure

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

“There’s a storm coming”

~* symbolism *~

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Negan makes a good point. He doesn't have to work or ever worry about getting walkered. Assuming they bring him books he's got a demonstrably better life than pretty much everyone else in the world

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It’s going to be really cool when they try to explain why the communities are in such poo poo terms and reveal it’s something incredibly loving dumb.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"The guy running this place calls himself Jesus"

So I guess Latin America doesn't exist in TWD

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
God I hate carols new hair. She was so pretty with short hair

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Negan still owns.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
"If I tried to explain it you wouldn't understand" You know what Henry, that's fair. If someone spends a few years failing to see a downside to keeping a zombie in a poorly constructed hole in the ground for funzies they probably deserve whatever happens

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

LadyPictureShow posted:

Likely option: Gabriel forgets to lock the door after giving him a meal or something.

Hahaha, my shitposting was accurate on how Negan gets free.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
NEgan please kill the entire cast

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

LMAO it’s incredibly how they manage to gently caress every comic scene.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 26, 2018

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

They really over did it with the fog/smoke and the lightning with the zombie horde. Like a cheesy horror movie.

e: oh look in a graveyard :allears:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Goddamn almost nothing has happened all episode lmao

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

fullroundaction posted:

"Oh they're just dudes wearing slipknot masks". Cool ... mystery solved. So now that their gimmick is exposed there's no reason story-wise to treat them differently from any other group?

They do the same thing in the comics. The gap between “oh gently caress the dead are talking” to “oh it’s people dressed as the dead” is 2 issues. The threat from them comes from them being mainly a bunch of assholes that instigate poo poo (as already shown) and them herding the dead as a weapon.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Nov 26, 2018

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
"Oh they're just dudes wearing slipknot masks". Cool ... mystery solved. So now that their gimmick is exposed there's no reason story-wise to treat them differently from any other group?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

LOL, Tom Payne.

'Jesus finally got to kick some rear end, and fight someone not on his own side for once.'

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

LadyPictureShow posted:

LOL, Tom Payne.

'Jesus finally got to kick some rear end, and fight someone not on his own side for once.'

Holywoodreporter just put out an interview with him. How he felt about his character is how I feel about the show. They have so much fun and cool poo poo in the comics to mine and use and they squander every single loving opportunity.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

fullroundaction posted:

"Jinkies, it was some assholes the whole time!"
\/

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

wait where was Rosita in that final scene at the spoopy graveyard? She was like.. leading the charge to go out there

honestly that episode was not as bad as the others this season, the herd following them bit was kind of cool

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Episode was a good episode of amc's the walking dead and this was probably the best half season since a long time

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

cochise posted:

They really over did it with the fog/smoke and the lightning with the zombie horde. Like a cheesy horror movie.

e: oh look in a graveyard :allears:

It looked incredibly fake but owned. How did it take 9 seasons for an actual scary setting?

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Does no one know how to pace or write this show?

Either a) keep it a mystery and let people wonder what the gently caress is going on, "sickos" are talking? Or b) kill everyone at the graveyard red wedding style.

It's like this dying show isnt going to do poo poo. They "killed" rick in the dumbest way.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
One thing this show lacks in a big way is style, so I did dig the super foggy, stormy setting in this episode.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

drat, it's a rough road if you're a gay character on TWD and have a thing with Aaron...

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

drat, it's a rough road if you're a gay character on TWD and have a thing with Aaron...

Or if you are black. Or you aren't a total carnage hellmaster badass zombie killer.

Also looks like all that armor didn't amount to a hill of beans, what a shocker.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Remember when Rick slit negan's throat and then somehow they saved him and now he doesn't have any permanent damage

Good times

Jesus was doing some sick moves, he must have played a lot of Bayonetta. rip.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So jesus is dead and the show didn't copy nation z at all.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Wait a loving minute. He gets stabbed in the ribs but dies instantly?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Gortarius posted:

Wait a loving minute. He gets stabbed in the ribs but dies instantly?

that's where they store their scripts, even his laser tag armour couldn't protect that vulnerability

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Johnny Truant posted:

that's where they store their scripts, even his laser tag armour couldn't protect that vulnerability

Has the children's toy armor ever saved anyone in this show?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist: can we get a sweet gif of Jesus going all John Woo on the zombies then getting got?

I wouldn't say that ep was good, but compared to the rest of this trash-helicopter-poochie-grumpy-Michonne season it was pretty solid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Gif of aaron tackling jesus off the horse which then cuts to aaron being crestfallen looking at jesus' corpse.