Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Playing 3D Xevious with max 3d until I have to lay down in the dark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I can't do max 3D lol, I just barely pop it on to get the effect cos I'm a lil bitch

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

You're making me want to get a New 3ds and bring my total DS count to like 5 or something

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

3d is almost required for link between worlds. the trip through death mountain to turtle rock.. :swoon:

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i'd mostly be playing rpgs on there which is why i was skeptical about it being something I'd miss but i think I'm sold on it now on the grounds of it being a unique thing that's probably never gonna be in a game system again

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I like the 3D in SMTIV / Apocalypse a lot too.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

b_d posted:

3d is almost required for link between worlds. the trip through death mountain to turtle rock.. :swoon:

I put the 3D on for that section because it really did help, I put it on for some of the top-down stages in Super Mario 3D Land for the same reason too

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
if you play Shantae in 3D the girls' boobs stick out of their character portraits

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

i'd mostly be playing rpgs on there which is why i was skeptical about it being something I'd miss but i think I'm sold on it now on the grounds of it being a unique thing that's probably never gonna be in a game system again
I really like it in RPGs. Bravely Default and Second look like storybooks. It's cool.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Fire Emblem occasionally has a bird fly over the map to remind you of the 3D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish Octopath was 3D...

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

P-Mack posted:

You're making me want to get a New 3ds and bring my total DS count to like 5 or something

The new 3ds xl is worth it for that and the snes games

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

if you play Shantae in 3D the girls' boobs stick out of their character portraits

See? The 3D is good.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i bought a new 3ds xl. thank you

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Tales of Woe posted:

i bought a new 3ds xl. thank you

enjoy gaming bliss

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my brother bought pikachu go, and said the appeal was that you could play it anywhere on the switch.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

extremebuff posted:

my brother bought pikachu go, and said the appeal was that you could play it anywhere on the switch.
Lmao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
If 10 years ago you had told me a decade later wed be able to play pokemon on the go i wouldnt have believed you

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

ArfJason posted:

If 10 years ago you had told me a decade later wed be able to play pokemon on the go i wouldnt have believed you

But... it was always...

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

but you could never play pokemon stadium, the best pokemon, on the go

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Smash's music was leaked so all the tracks are being uploaded to youtube.

They're really good.

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
now nintendos not adding music to the next smash, thanks you filthy pirates

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

enjoy gaming bliss

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

In the phoenix wright and professor layton games whenever they do the finger point thing it pops out of the screen it's awesome

Then even nintendo first party games stopped supporting 3d at all like what the heck guys this was your idea

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the best 3D is Pokémon sun/moon where it only works during battles and tanks the frame rate to like 10 for some raisin

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

the best 3D is Pokémon sun/moon where it only works during battles and tanks the frame rate to like 10 for some raisin

thats x/y, sun and moon dont have 3d at all

x/y is even funnier cause theres out of battle maps and camera angles that are clearly designed for 3d they just didnt enable it pobably cause it murdered the framerate

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I like the 3d a lot but even on the new3ds it keeps going out of focus for me. I think my glasses are too thick and the glare confuses it

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I really like the 3d and I don't know why anyone turns it off if they have a new 3ds, except for games with fps issues. And the no-glasses head tracking 3d is a really cool bit of tech that works surprisingly well, its wild that it was built by Nintendo for a specific purpose during a specific 3d-crazy time and will probably never be iterated on.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I kept it at probably 25-30% for most games but it was great. I'd hate to be one of those loving weirdos *cough*UNCLEATNINTENDO IS A loving PSYCHOPATH*cough* who immediately turns it off and never touches it again.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I like the 3d a lot but even on the new3ds it keeps going out of focus for me. I think my glasses are too thick and the glare confuses it

it readjusts to your eyes every time you look away, makes watching and gaming a bit disorienting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It also wiggles around a lot if you're on a bus or train

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

American McGay posted:

I kept it at probably 25-30% for most games but it was great. I'd hate to be one of those loving weirdos *cough*UNCLEATNINTENDO IS A loving PSYCHOPATH*cough* who immediately turns it off and never touches it again.

You can actually install honebrew on any firmware. Goinbless

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

rerelease every 3ds pokemon on switch, please. thanks

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

just beat twilight princess hd. that game is way better than i remember, brown notwithstanding

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

GameCube posted:

just beat twilight princess hd. that game is way better than i remember, brown notwithstanding

there’s a few qol changes that make the game a whole lot more enjoyable. which is good, because i think the actual dungeons are some of the best in the series

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

ROFL Octopus posted:

there’s a few qol changes that make the game a whole lot more enjoyable. which is good, because i think the actual dungeons are some of the best in the series

this

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

getting the second hookshot was a cool moment, brief confusion/disappointment followed by realization when it makes you spiderman your way through the rest of the dungeon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the double hookshot boss was badass

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Apparently Aonuma teased a Switch port of Skyward Sword the other day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I liked skyward sword. I think with some qol improvements like the others ports have had it could be a much better game