Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

DropsySufferer posted:

Incel looks like a path to either suicide or a mass shooting.

Their idol Elliot Rodger is a mass shooter, the guy who drove a van into a crowd of women was an incel, and the guy who shot up a yoga studio recently was an incel too.

It's brain poison and I'm not sure why they haven't been called a terrorist group yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

MGTOW is a bit older than the incel stuff but it's a similar thing. dudes in their 30s-40s going 'argh i've had it with women! i ain't dating women anymore!' and patting each other on the back over it

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

gbs but from 2004 posted:

I know this stands for men going their own way and I already kinda regret asking but what is that?????

MGTOW is inceldom for Gen Xers. It’s a lot of sad dads and bitter divorced dudes trying to channel their misogyny into self-improvement. I feel like a lot of the dudes in it would be incels if they were younger, but I guess since they didn’t have the online echo chambers today’s generation has growing up, they went out and married women they hated instead of obsessing over Chad’s clavicles.

I really don’t want to praise them at all, but they’re a lot less pessimistic than the incels. Like the underlying message is basically “Women are poo poo and I don’t need them to live a successful life”, whereas for incels it’s “Women are poo poo and I will never live a successful life”.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I believe the message for both of them reads as “women are poo poo, and responsible for me having a unsuccessful life”

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

learnincurve posted:

I believe the message for both of them reads as “women are poo poo, and responsible for me having a unsuccessful life”

Yeah, MGTOW is exactly as toxic as incels, just older

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

there's a broad spectrum of loser dudes who're mad at women but most of them don't turn into mass murderers as reliably as incels, specifically, do

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Reminder that “mancakes” and “meggings” exist.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

learnincurve posted:

Reminder that “mancakes” and “meggings” exist.

Through the context of the conversation I can only assume these are actually bad things and not Manly Cupcakes and Manly Leggings like I desperately want.

edit: Hah, i was wrong!

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

houstonguy posted:

MGTOW is inceldom for Gen Xers. It’s a lot of sad dads and bitter divorced dudes trying to channel their misogyny into self-improvement. I feel like a lot of the dudes in it would be incels if they were younger, but I guess since they didn’t have the online echo chambers today’s generation has growing up, they went out and married women they hated instead of obsessing over Chad’s clavicles.

I really don’t want to praise them at all, but they’re a lot less pessimistic than the incels. Like the underlying message is basically “Women are poo poo and I don’t need them to live a successful life”, whereas for incels it’s “Women are poo poo and I will never live a successful life”.

These dudes should just bang each other then they don’t have to have women in their lives but they still get laid

It’s win win for everyone

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Is being Incel and heterosexul thing only? Do

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

Bonzo posted:

What

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Bonzo posted:

No, there are gaycels. Not many tho.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Bonzo posted:

There are probably people who cannot get laid due to their terrible personal problems in every demographic but none have had the multiple Eliot Rodgers yet or whine as loud

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Bonzo posted:

Is being Incel and heterosexul thing only?

Is being an alt-right shitheel a heterosexual only thing?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
There have never been prominent gay Nazis, not in recent history or in 1940s.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

the incel thing really isn't about sex so you can be straight or gay or completely asexual; the important part is that you're a loser, and you've decided that's the fault of women and men who don't hate women.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Elderbean posted:

It's brain poison and I'm not sure why they haven't been called a terrorist group yet.

You know why

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
incels isn't about sex. its about hating yourself. sex is just the only thing they can point to as a personal rejection and thus justification for self hatred. incels hate a lot of other stuff too but they can't justify it as well as "popular cheerleader isn't attracted to me".

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

the incel thing really isn't about sex so you can be straight or gay or completely asexual; the important part is that you're a loser, and you've decided that's the fault of women and men who don't hate women.

Thanks. Now I see why it fits reddit so well.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

DropsySufferer posted:

I’ve heard the term “incel” used a lot still and I’m not fully sure what it means besides an insult. A google search says they are men who gave up looking for a partner.

Is it they can’t get even get any woman to accept them or is it that they only want a woman who would be completely out of their league?

That’s a big distinction but really there is a woman for everyone if the man tries. I’m guessing they just want supermodels?

Do I have this incel thing right?

They are like audiophiles but for human relations instead of $15,000 speaker cables

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

DropsySufferer posted:

Holy poo poo incels are loving insane. I don’t often say something online needs to be forever banned but this incel thing is so toxic it needs to be shut down.

Incel looks like a path to either suicide or a mass shooting.

it's pretty much the american Taliban so yeah it pretty much ends with suicide, mass murder, or both.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Bonzo posted:

Mostly yes, it's almost entirely perfectly average looking white guys who grew up in the suburbs. I'm sure there are some gay dudes out there who moan about how they can't get laid but since gay people have had to overcome some actual adversity in their lives they aren't pathetic enough to blame their virginity on a conspiracy against them.

There's a perfect intersection between being white, middle class, and a 4channer/gamer that creates broke-brained manchildren who want real life to be like a harem anime.

Elderbean fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 26, 2018

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

SA's own resident incel was a black dude but thanks for the phrenological analysis my guy

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I said "almost entirely." I'm not denying the existence of black incels. Most black guys have more important poo poo to worry about.

And most incel talking points are basically ripped right out of white supremacy forums which is why minority incels hate their own race.

Elderbean fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 26, 2018

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
lmao at anyone who can't gently caress in the 21st century

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

SA's own resident incel was a black dude but thanks for the phrenological analysis my guy

A lone white knight for the lone black incel.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
In the style of Spartacus:

"I'm the black incel!"

"No, I'm the black incel!"

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Elderbean posted:

I'm sure there are some gay dudes out there who moan about how they can't get laid but since gay people have had to overcome some actual adversity in their lives they aren't pathetic enough to blame their virginity on a conspiracy against them.

Nah, I have faith that gay dudes can be as lovely as anyone else. The problem with trying to develop a gaycel subset is that any time you have a bunch of them they lose their excuse, because they could just have sex with each other and no longer be incel. It might involve some travel, but there's your guaranteed bangbuddy. They can come up with other excuses why the meet can't happen, but they can't blame it on their clavicles.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Facebook Aunt posted:

Nah, I have faith that gay dudes can be as lovely as anyone else. The problem with trying to develop a gaycel subset is that any time you have a bunch of them they lose their excuse, because they could just have sex with each other and no longer be incel. It might involve some travel, but there's your guaranteed bangbuddy. They can come up with other excuses why the meet can't happen, but they can't blame it on their clavicles.

when the incel subreddit was still around it regularly featured incels bragging about having cruelly shot down some lonely chick who was hitting on them because they were over 18/not hot enough/actually wanted sex; this was a thing Elliot Rodger was noted for doing too. They aren't much interested in the actual act of putting their willies in a girl's hoo-ha or they'd just do it and go be some other flavor of redpiller; they want the validation and social status that they equate with having Had Sex, which to their imagination involves being venerated like a pharoah and having a stable of preteen rape-slaves who may or may not be their sisters, and if they're offered anything short of that it's an insult to their grand entitlement.

They do need a clearly defined Other who doesn't read the sub to be the source of all their problems so it'd have to be like, fat dudes circlejerking over how much they hate gym rats and oh wait that actually is a thing on Reddit, of course.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Nov 26, 2018

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Cute little twink Eliot Rogers not getting his dick wet due to being a total bitch boy boosts him up to #1 all-time losers

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

All the ones I've seen did look completely normal, if not decent. It seems a kind of dysphoria.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

What's the story behind this?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Why do the Jews always get thrown in there? Lord knows we love some sex.

Why do we wanna be keeping some rando white dudes from getting laid?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

khwarezm posted:

What's the story behind this?

Jon Pop is/was a poo poo incel poster. He routinely complained that no one would date him because he was black. It was actually because he has a poo poo human with garbage misogynistic views.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
People talk about how most incels are white, but I've seen some really nasty and depressing people that were Asian. In fact wasn't Elliot Rodger half Asian?

In a related way to tie it to reddit, the Hapa subreddit is loving mental.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Jon Pop is/was a poo poo incel poster. He routinely complained that no one would date him because he was black. It was actually because he has a poo poo human with garbage misogynistic views.

Wasn't it because he was 5 foot 6 and black? I can't recall much but I thought it was that specific combo because at least tall black guys could get white women or something ridiculous.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
That sounds right.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Carth Dookie posted:

Wasn't it because he was 5 foot 6 and black? I can't recall much but I thought it was that specific combo because at least tall black guys could get white women or something ridiculous.

JonPop posted:

For example I am a LSBM(Low Status Black Male), I do not fit in with the white majority ideal for what a black man should be. I am 5'09, 200 pounds. No skill in sports or entertaining. If I was white, I would intergrate myself into a community of goon like individuals, but I am not welcome in nerd spaces, because people assume no black man can be a goon. I am very isolated because I am culturally white so I have nothing in common with the black men in my family who are mostly TB(Thug Blacks). Also sex will be a large part of the discussion, because so much of the black male mystique is wrapped up in sexual politics. I would also like to point out that their are no black themed post icons. I chose Action, because I hope this thread will be action packed.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Ya that dude is broke brained holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

quote:

I chose Action, because I hope this thread will be action packed.