Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

Inspector_666 posted:

(I also got some Poxwalkers. Is there anything I can do about the very noticeable gaps in the press-fit joins that isn't "Buy green stuff"?)
This is pretty much Liquid Greenstuff, but better.

https://www.amazon.com/Vallejo-VJ70400-Plastic-Putty-17ml/dp/B000PHCNLC

Brush it into the gaps, run your finger over the gap leaving the putty in the recesses. Repeat if necessary. Much easier than working with traditional greenstuff!

EDIT: Didn't mean to get top of page. Have a random Squat I finished a while ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bij
Feb 24, 2007

BFG Armada II is going to include the Dark Eldar and they've abandoned the godawful BFG tabletop designs for something more in line with the current DE stuff.

These look pretty dope:

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Potential BFF posted:

BFG Armada II is going to include the Dark Eldar and they've abandoned the godawful BFG tabletop designs for something more in line with the current DE stuff.

These look pretty dope:

Don't forget the vid!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icdcLpczedY

There's also a look at the new Nid ships.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vChbTARbVTE

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Well hot drat, I was digging around their official site and didn't come across either of those videos.

Glad to see DE getting some videogame love. Those ships :swoon:

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, i don't know why they have a separate channel. I only discovered it by accident a month ago.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
I've been doing some writing on goonhammer over the last month to celebrate my 20 years in this dumb but fun hobby.

I found my first box of marines from 1998, then went and scoured ebay for a shrink wrapped 1998 era combat squad. A few weeks later this happened:

If you would like to know more I wrote 3 parts of words on the process of reliving my childhood.

Part 0: Where I dissect how and why 10 year old me hosed up on such a large scale.

Part 1: I put the box together and rant about how plastic tech has progressed

Part 2: I paint the marines and try not to panic

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Love how the DE ships are pretty much their jetbikes with a few bits stuck on, pretty much what every DE fleet player was doing when the revamp first came out.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

NovemberMike posted:

Whatever the tree is that gives you free Canticles and free weapon usages. Go down that tree and go into a combat tree. You only need one tech-priest with this if you don't want to break the game completely in half, once you have that and the 9 CP canticle you can just fill up on heavy guns and use all of them every turn. I've also got a full Explorator that can walk from one end of a map to another while murdering everything along the way with chainsaw mechadendrites and power axes and a full Dominus that can do two heavy AOE attacks that will each do something like 16-20 damage in a cone if I save up cooldowns and machine spirit procs.

Lexmechanic’s first skill that gives you +1 CP at the start of each turn is really good too.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Hey that goonhammer post reminded me of my next level flocking game from when I was 14.

Can you even handle brown flock as hair??

This dude probably has 3 thick layers of paint and 2 layers of varnish, gotta protect that pro tier job.

I started to get better when I learned about priming, if only I had figured out multiple thin layers.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Chiwie posted:

I've been doing some writing on goonhammer over the last month to celebrate my 20 years in this dumb but fun hobby.

I found my first box of marines from 1998, then went and scoured ebay for a shrink wrapped 1998 era combat squad. A few weeks later this happened:

If you would like to know more I wrote 3 parts of words on the process of reliving my childhood.

Part 0: Where I dissect how and why 10 year old me hosed up on such a large scale.

Part 1: I put the box together and rant about how plastic tech has progressed

Part 2: I paint the marines and try not to panic

I laughed out loud at the sprue-hand detail. Man I need to find my old IG, I still remember how terribad my Sentinel driver turned out.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Wizard posted:

My guess theyll add the option via chapter approved

I figure it's this or they'll give him a datasheet in the package.

Does anyone remember if the store birthday exclusive powerfist/plasma pistol captain had rules in the codex or if it came with him in the box?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Later codexes had him in the book, but for Space Marines his rules are in the box and the errata.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

panascope posted:

Lexmechanic’s first skill that gives you +1 CP at the start of each turn is really good too.

The helmet that gives you armour is also great.

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I figure it's this or they'll give him a datasheet in the package.

Does anyone remember if the store birthday exclusive powerfist/plasma pistol captain had rules in the codex or if it came with him in the box?

It was just in the box, I remember because it took forever for battlescribe to add the option.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Props to the folks that scratchbuilt that new Titan, some neat ideas there.

... What's that? It's official? From Forgeworld?

Oh dear.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Failson posted:

Props to the folks that scratchbuilt that new Titan, some neat ideas there.

... What's that? It's official? From Forgeworld?

Oh dear.

I think it looks a lot better in the turnaround view, but yeah that initial reveal pic is not flattering.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

BuffaloChicken posted:

This is pretty much Liquid Greenstuff, but better.

https://www.amazon.com/Vallejo-VJ70400-Plastic-Putty-17ml/dp/B000PHCNLC

Brush it into the gaps, run your finger over the gap leaving the putty in the recesses. Repeat if necessary. Much easier than working with traditional greenstuff!

EDIT: Didn't mean to get top of page. Have a random Squat I finished a while ago.

Hey cool squat. Is this one of the dudes I sent you ages ago?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Team_q posted:

Hey that goonhammer post reminded me of my next level flocking game from when I was 14.

jesus christ

I want off, now

This is amazing

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Stephenls posted:

I think it looks a lot better in the turnaround view, but yeah that initial reveal pic is not flattering.

GW always seems to pick the worst angle.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Whoever decided to split the front of the Primaris Librarian's torso in the way they have is a monster. This is not related to anything I'm doing right now.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I went to Warhammer World today (it owns, BTW) and finally got around to the step of buying the rulebook and the Deathwatch and Space Marine codexes. I came so close to buying the exclusive Space Marine command tanks, but I figured I should maybe wait until I have more of a force together. Fortunately since I'm subscribed to Conquest I figure that will already give me a serviceable force of Space Marines to build on while I figure out the finer details of list-building.

I did wind up pre-ordering the special edition of the Emperor's Spears novel, though. I'm already making a Celestial Lions force, so I think having an Emperor's Spears squad or two tagging along is valid, going from what the new lore being established is. I'm worried that terrible things will be happening to the Lions again. :ohdear:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Warhammer Community is doing a week of free short stories concerning all the poo poo happening on Vigilus.

First one's here.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Technowolf posted:

Warhammer Community is doing a week of free short stories concerning all the poo poo happening on Vigilus.

First one's here.

Fact or fan fiction?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Fact or fan fiction?

Well, it revolves around a Vindicare spending a ton of time getting set up and then failing to accomplish anything before dying horribly, so based on gameplay experience I’m going to go with fact.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

PierreTheMime posted:

spending a ton of time getting set up and then failing to accomplish anything before dying horribly, so based on gameplay experience I’m going to go with fact.

Sounds exactly like my first quick solo playthrough of Blackstone Fortress the other day.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Technowolf posted:

First one's here.

I want this story done over with an Eversor.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

The Deleter posted:

Whoever decided to split the front of the Primaris Librarian's torso in the way they have is a monster. This is not related to anything I'm doing right now.

Yeah I found it a really garbage build. Also I must, must ring and shout at Hachette.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Tiny Black Templar Contemptor

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I actually don't mind the new Titan. It looks incredibly stupid, which it should, this is Warhammer 40,000, not Sensible Machines 40,000.

I do mind that Forgeworld are still spending their time making models only two people in the whole world will ever buy.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

panascope posted:

I want this story done over with an Eversor.

Ravenous Flect, two-thousandth-six-hundredth-and-eighty-ninth executioner of the Flying Gore Eversor Temple, hung motionless aloft suspensor fields as hell itself raged mere centimeters away. The ablative shielding of the drop pod was all that protected him from the raging inferno of the atmosphere outside, the dense clouds of the planet Vigilus fighting the insertion of his pod like a raging daemon. For an indeterminate period of time the assassin had been placed into a deep fugue, cryo-chems coursing through his body and rendering him in stasis for an indeterminate period of time. Ravenous had been unaware of the passage of time since his last insertion. He never had been, nor ever would be. For an Eversor only knows slaughter; only war.

Information began to flow into Ravenous's consciousness. Environment. Threats. Heresies and abominations that justified extermination. Details that other assassins might have cherished, such as location (Megaborealis) or the name of the target that was destined to be purged (Cult of the Pauper Prince), were not even provided. They were superfluous data, as useful to an Eversor as the writing on a piece of script is relevant to a raging inferno. What mattered was what Ravenous was tasked to kill. Heretics corrupted by the influences of the alien. Mutant hybrids that had been born merging the perfect flesh of man with the monstrous form of the alien. Leader castes characterized by unusual cranial geometry. And of highest priority were any xenos themselves, unconfirmed but characterized by features found elsewhere. Each target was accompanied by a list of threats, hazards, and potential avenues of defeat. Each piece of data was seared into the assassin's consciousness by a volatile cocktail of stimulants and chems. In a normal man these chems would be instantly fatal. In an Eversor they made him a weapon of pure rage.

Fully awake, Ravenous felt all of his senses expand to levels far beyond the realms of unaugmented humans. His nose detected the sickly-sweet aroma of the sacred unguents lubricating the mechanisms that guided him to his target. His skin felt the subtle variations of pressure in the suspensor fields holding him still. His mouth reported a bitter, metallic taste that was a side effect of the chemicals coursing through his body; should things taste sour he knew the chemicals were imbalanced to such an extent that the consequences would be incendiary. His ears heard the auto-hymnal reciting the Rite of Extermination, filling his mind with a drive to slaughter those before him. And his eyes saw a counter that counted down at an agonizingly slow rate. As with every awakening, Ravenous once again wondered if the dilation of time was an unintended side effect of his treatment or just another means of making him even angrier.

The timer hit 0 and the world exploded.

The pod reached its destination and exploded through the roof of a subterranean cathedral. Rafters caked with dust crashed down on the congregation, their bodies crushed before being incinerated with the holy fire of the pod's arresting thrusters. The thrusters were fueled by promethium specially blessed and prepared to turn the surroundings into a funeral pyre for the Emperor's enemies. Explosive bolts split the pod apart while the suspensors violently ejected Ravenous in the direction of the highest priority threat, in this case a xenos identified as a Patriarch. The Eversor shifted his Executioner pistol in the direction of the Patriarch and began firing, his fingers sending a wave of explosive bolts followed by several hypotoxin-laced needle rounds. In spite of his heightened chemical state Ravenous was surprised to see another threat, identified as a Primus, leap in front of the projectiles with reflexes that rivaled his own. His surprise was mollified by the time the Primus was ripped apart in slow motion; each bolt embedding itself in the heretic's flesh for several satisfying moments before detonating from within. The needle rounds passed through the openings of the bolt weapon and embedded themselves in the Patriarch. The violently toxic chemicals began their holy work, purging the flesh of the xenos. Ravenous sailed past the Patriarch while lashing out with his power sword, resulting in a clean cut that severed an entire arm but not the head he was aiming for.

The chamber erupted into bedlam as Ravenous rebounded off the heretical statue behind the Patriarch and launched himself back at his target. Those cultists who had survived his arrival swarmed to protect their inner circle, surrounding the Magus and wounded Patriarch with their own bodies. Their attempts were in vain, their unarmored forms falling as hypotoxin rounds and bolter shells respectively melted or detonated heretic skulls. Several more evaporated into a cloud of vaporized organic material as they mindlessly fell upon the melta bomb that Ravenous left at their feet. His pistol empty, the Eversor chose to holster the weapon and fight in melee rather than waste the time in reloading. He descended into the crowd, neuro-gauntlet and power sword shredding all who came before him. The cathedral became a charnal house as the assassin ruthlessly converted the supply of cultists into a mass of corpses.

He saw his opening and surged forward, every one of his senses focused on the wounded Patriarch who was still reeling from the toxin and severed limb. His movements needed to be perfect, every dodge and sidestep flawless if he was to work his way towards the primary threat. His focus was such that he failed to identify the shape of something terrible rise from the shadows behind him. It was huge, far bigger than a Purestrain specimen, and it was unharmed. Claws reached out with a speed that was far beyond what one would expect from something so massive and grabbed the Eversor by the head. Talons crushed the skull-formed helmet Ravenous was wearing, disrupting the delicate balance of chemicals coursing through the assassin's body.

As the second Patriarch ripped the Eversor's head from his body, Ravenous tasted only blood.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Nov 27, 2018

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Spent the long weekend working on terrain that I had been putting off for a long time.

Laying some pipe, here’s a few of them. I have a magnet at the end of each, so that I can stick them together without it constantly getting knocked out of alignment.

Also put together the terrain from KT. All are based because I want to clearly define what’s ruins. The base is a commercial tile (like the kind in schools) with Vallejo Ground Texture which is awesome stuff.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Inspector_666 posted:

I laughed out loud at the sprue-hand detail. Man I need to find my old IG, I still remember how terribad my Sentinel driver turned out.

It was a stroke of genius I tells ya! Also if this project has taught me anything, it's totally worth finding your 1st models and comparing them to the ones you are doing now.

Team_q posted:

This dude probably has 3 thick layers of paint and 2 layers of varnish, gotta protect that pro tier job.

I started to get better when I learned about priming, if only I had figured out multiple thin layers.

The flock hair is on par for spure hand as "Omg, this is the best idea!".

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

*Ravenous Flect murder machine story*

Well done. :golfclap:

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Team_q posted:

Didn't know space marines wore rugs.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Endman posted:

I actually don't mind the new Titan. It looks incredibly stupid, which it should, this is Warhammer 40,000, not Sensible Machines 40,000.

I do mind that Forgeworld are still spending their time making models only two people in the whole world will ever buy.

The proportions are hosed up but in an ugly, not endearing way. He's got a real Quasimodo thing going on, tiny arms, and an ugly helmet. The only cool thing is the deck on top with dudes peepin.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Team_q posted:

This honestly rules. I wonder if an expert modeler could pull it off.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Corrode posted:

Yeah I found it a really garbage build. Also I must, must ring and shout at Hachette.

I was going to paint the thing in sub-assemblies but this thing's given me so much grief I might just slap it together and do my best. What a pain in the rear end.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Endman posted:

I dont mind it but the arms need to be bigger. It just looks so off. Im not looking for practical just cool.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Yvonmukluk posted:

I went to Warhammer World today (it owns, BTW) and finally got around to the step of buying the rulebook and the Deathwatch and Space Marine codexes. I came so close to buying the exclusive Space Marine command tanks, but I figured I should maybe wait until I have more of a force together. Fortunately since I'm subscribed to Conquest I figure that will already give me a serviceable force of Space Marines to build on while I figure out the finer details of list-building.

I did wind up pre-ordering the special edition of the Emperor's Spears novel, though. I'm already making a Celestial Lions force, so I think having an Emperor's Spears squad or two tagging along is valid, going from what the new lore being established is. I'm worried that terrible things will be happening to the Lions again. :ohdear:

I also was at hamland today. I played the world's slowest, but fun, 2v1 game of 40k (my friends and I are bad), and bought a Reaver & Warhounds for Titanicus just to get into the raffle for a tour of the design studio. Then marvelled that someone managed to poo poo on the seat in the gents. Presumably he sat too far back and, as they say in snooker, hit it off the cushion into the balls.

In conclusion, a land of contrasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Team_q posted:

This owns.