Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

MasterControl posted:

I dig Kendric and watch him most mornings while I’m working. Look past the horns and embrace the silly.

As meme as he was I miss chu8. He’s disappeared. Same goes for dunktrain. Trikslyers vocal tic “ba dap Bap bap daaaaaa” that you hear at least every minute of his stream started to grate on me. I check in now and then just to see if he’s doing it less but sure enough 2 minutes in and there’s a “meeeeh nehh meh meh naaaaaa”. Lastly the core podcast stream is pretty good.

Chu8 was honestly the worst of them all, cause he seriously debated the smartypants words of Dr Jordan"Daddy"Peterson with his chat, it was unbearable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I could never really tell when he was trolling or being serious when ever he talked about "smart" stuff, or most non-game topics, tbh.

MasterControl
Jul 28, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

skipThings posted:

Chu8 was honestly the worst of them all, cause he seriously debated the smartypants words of Dr Jordan"Daddy"Peterson with his chat, it was unbearable

I’ll take all the jp talk in exchange for how he showed me how to play azmodan Before the azmo rework I had a blast dunking on people. He had really high win rate on azmo. It was insane. Well above 60% if I recall.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I think he played Azmo, Abathur and Murky more than usual. It was great. I believe what killed the game for him was the long ranked queue times in South Korea.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

He quit after an hour and a half queue

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
https://youtu.be/4slX1KmXkrA

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.

I love that Chromie continues to clap when everyone else realizes their impending doom.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Mierenneuker posted:

I think he played Azmo, Abathur and Murky more than usual. It was great. I believe what killed the game for him was the long ranked queue times in South Korea.

Don't forget Nova and Gazlowe.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

ToastyPotato posted:

Don't forget Nova and Gazlowe.

Oh, yeah. He was like a gimmick kaiser, pity the fool who tried to imitate that in Quick Match (well, pity their team mainly). That was like two years ago, I haven’t watched him at all during the past year. I just know he fell out of love for the game, because it was mentioned in one of Reddit’s weekly “this game is dead/dying/could be by chance a bit more popular perhaps” threads.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Mierenneuker posted:

Oh, yeah. He was like a gimmick kaiser, pity the fool who tried to imitate that in Quick Match (well, pity their team mainly). That was like two years ago, I haven’t watched him at all during the past year. I just know he fell out of love for the game, because it was mentioned in one of Reddit’s weekly “this game is dead/dying/could be by chance a bit more popular perhaps” threads.

After moving to Korea, he kinda had to stop the gimmick picks. I dunno if he held to that in the end, but early on, I remember him saying he couldn't really get away with that in Korea and was worried about gaining a bad rep. He was leaving the gimmick games for his smurf account at that point, mostly. I remember him being goaded into a Butcher game by his chat and it going poorly. And his team apparently tilting.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

ToastyPotato posted:

After moving to Korea, he kinda had to stop the gimmick picks. I dunno if he held to that in the end, but early on, I remember him saying he couldn't really get away with that in Korea and was worried about gaining a bad rep. He was leaving the gimmick games for his smurf account at that point, mostly. I remember him being goaded into a Butcher game by his chat and it going poorly. And his team apparently tilting.

Yeah I watched him do a Nova game then the other high ranking Koreans all talked to each other and started griefing him in other later games

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

fool_of_sound posted:

Yeah I watched him do a Nova game then the other high ranking Koreans all talked to each other and started griefing him in other later games

Ahh drat, I never saw that. I guess he wasn't kidding. I wish he translated what people were saying more often. He usually left it really vague. I kinda feel bad for him, since his streaming was really starting to blow up around the time he moved, and then even recovered a bit after that, but Korea just really didn't mesh well with his style. When he was still NA, he would at least attempt EU games if NA was falling apart. HotS is a terrible game to try to build a stream on it seems. Cursed game.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Ronnie posted:

I love that Chromie continues to clap when everyone else realizes their impending doom.

She picked Bye Bye

Lame Devil
Mar 21, 2013

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
What’s going on with hots? Hero league is dead and team league is a dumpster fire as a solo Q. Anything coming down the pipes to reinvigorate the playerbase or is this the end?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Lame Devil posted:

What’s going on with hots? Hero league is dead and team league is a dumpster fire as a solo Q. Anything coming down the pipes to reinvigorate the playerbase or is this the end?

HL and TL are being combined. QM might actually not be pants on head stupid due to new enforcement of actual team comps by the matchmaker (one tank, one healer, one ranged assassin(?) and 2 fills I think). Those are the only things really changing. The new roles are nice and all but even then, there are some heroes some people are still mislabeled and ultimately, the new role system doesn't really mean anything outside of QM matchmaking.

Edit: Oh, I guess Ranked now having seasonal quests for even more reward is a thing if you care about that stuff. And the new boost system is already live. There is some other stuff in Ranked that is changing, regarding MMR and ranks and stuff, but who knows if that is even going to be live for the next season. Overall nothing too crazy, mostly things people have been wondering about for like, a year or more. Hero reworks still seem glacial, and other than them saying Sylvanas was next, they haven't really spoken at all about what's on the horizon for the game. Blizzcon for HotS was like 50% a commercial for Orphea it felt like.

Have they said whether the new QM MM will apply to VS. AI?

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Nov 25, 2018

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Team League opening up to solo queue players was what the community wanted, but not what they needed.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

ToastyPotato posted:

The new roles are nice and all but even then, there are some heroes some people are still mislabeled and ultimately, the new role system doesn't really mean anything outside of QM matchmaking.

Wouldn't it also affect the daily quests that require you to play a specific role?

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

It feels like the floor fell out from the under the game for me. I've lost nearly all interest. It hasn't recovered the charm I felt from it before Genji/Tracer came to the game, back when towers had ammo, heroes sometimes said quips, and you could buy the skins you wanted. The Good Old Days?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I've been playing League of Legends again.

Also obligatory HotS clip https://clips.twitch.tv/RealGlutenFreeSowHotPokket

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Toady posted:

It feels like the floor fell out from the under the game for me. I've lost nearly all interest. It hasn't recovered the charm I felt from it before Genji/Tracer came to the game, back when towers had ammo, heroes sometimes said quips, and you could buy the skins you wanted. The Good Old Days?

Familiarity breeds contempt. You've gotten used to all of the nice things that HOTS did, so now they're not that interesting to you. Aside from radical changes that revamp the game entirely, HOTS is going to remain like that for you until you start looking at it in a new light.

My "reawakening" for HOTS was getting into leagues, but it's different for everyone. You might revive your interest in HOTS by trying other MOBAs or just branching out in general.

Edit: Normally I avoid Blizzard forums like the plague because they're like an all-you-can-eat buffet of Gourmet Hot Takes. However, lately I've been hanging around the HOTS forums so I can post reviews/reworks there instead of dealing with roundabout Google Docs/HeroesHearth blogs/Reddit/ect posting because the HOTS developers actually read their own forums.

quote:

Blizzard had the chance to one-up what their competition was doing by sexualizing their heroes.

I am currently suffering for my decisions.

Kith fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Nov 25, 2018

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I was in alpha and from then till now the game has been dying. Thinking about getting discount year boost... :shrug:

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Making QM not a dumpster fire is the quickest way they could get me to play this game more often.

I don't really have any strong feelings about the game being better or worse than it used to, I just don't have the time to faff about in draft and play a match like I used to.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah I started playing draft basically exclusively because QM sucked so bad, but then everyone decided to start solo queuing in team league and the basically destroyed the matchmaking in all the draft modes, so I've kinda stopped playing.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Holidays and work got me too busy to play during the day, and a couple weeks without playing reminded me that 8 hours of sleep is worth more than 6 sleep + 2 hots

I'll play again, but not until I'm done making Christmas gifts, which is usually never :negative:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I've noticed matches feeling like they go by faster the more often I play.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Clarste posted:

Wouldn't it also affect the daily quests that require you to play a specific role?

Sure, I guess, but even then, that mostly only affects QM (and AI) players.

Semper Fudge posted:

Making QM not a dumpster fire is the quickest way they could get me to play this game more often.

SAME. QM became so miserable it basically made me stop playing outside of ARAM brawls and AI coop matches. The QM update can't come soon enough, I just hope it actually functions properly. So many times I am looking at my screen with all these heroes I would like to just jump into a quick game with and play, but then I remember how QM actually is and I end up just closing the game, lol.

Edit: With Grubby gone, is there another one stop shop for builds that is as helpful as his site was?

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Nov 25, 2018

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Kith posted:

Familiarity breeds contempt. You've gotten used to all of the nice things that HOTS did, so now they're not that interesting to you.

They removed the nice things I liked.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Toady posted:

yyyyeah there's that too

God, I really loving hope they realize how bad the XP changes are going to be and walk them back.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Have the HotS team ever announced a change, or put it on PTR only to walk it back before it actually went live?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

A couple times, yes. Most notable case is the whole "walls will be destroyed along with towers" thing - enough people bitched about it and the dev team was like "well maybe we shouldn't."

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also the "artifacts" where you paid actual money for stat boosts lmao

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

:thunk:

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

lucifirius posted:

I've been playing League of Legends again.

Also obligatory HotS clip https://clips.twitch.tv/RealGlutenFreeSowHotPokket

I dropped this game for doto and while I've made some grave mistakes, I enjoy that game way more than the frustrations in HOTS.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Yeah League was my first moba, switched to HotS when I got banned for cheating, dabbled a bit in DotA this year, and now I'm slowly picking League up again. I'm more familiar with LoL, and like it despite the infantile community, but DotA is arguably the more balanced and mature game.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Toady posted:

Give me back the drat dragon knight's voice, that map lost so much charm without it.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Yardbomb posted:

Give me back the drat dragon knight's voice, that map lost so much charm without it.

I tried to save this realm!!!

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
As someone who got some friends recently into HotS, the champion prices are just too steep. Even if you buy them with cash, it’s too much.

They need to cut the gold costs or find a way to hand some champs out to fresh players, such as making some basic champs like 500 or 250 gold.

The game seems pretty enjoyable though to them and to me.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Gold prices wouldn't need to change if they lowered the gem prices in general and gave out some intro heroes like you mentioned. Or just offered more/better value hero bundles. There should be more than the 2 bundles they did, imo. Starting with like some simple 5 packs, and working up to the mega packs. It would also be nice if they incentivized all bundles (skin and mount bundles included) by throwing in some 3 day boosts or even chests. But at this point it is pretty pointless to consider all of the things they could do to grow the game, because it is clear that they have little intention on permanently lowering prices, regardless of how much the game struggles to draw in players and keep old ones. Which is kinda funny given all the rumors about the behind the scenes corporate stuff going on at Blizzard. You'd think they'd be falling over themselves trying to squeeze any value out of HotS that they could, but instead they blew a money on OC lore and couldn't even do some kind of Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale (those two new bundles don't count and neither does the 360 day boost. :colbert: )

It really is a shame, because, like you said, the game can be really fun. They just don't seem to have any vision for it.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

lucifirius posted:

Yeah League was my first moba, switched to HotS when I got banned for cheating

do go on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lord Packinham posted:

As someone who got some friends recently into HotS, the champion prices are just too steep. Even if you buy them with cash, it’s too much.

They need to cut the gold costs or find a way to hand some champs out to fresh players, such as making some basic champs like 500 or 250 gold.

The game seems pretty enjoyable though to them and to me.

Blizzard is pretty intent on being greedy with their free to play games. Hearthstone, and Heroes compared to other games in their genres, are not at all generous in giving you content to enjoy. As the saying goes, the most expensive games are free to play, and Blizzard takes that to an extreme.