Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
They don't stand a chance.

Chapter 67: Sun Vulture and the Full Nelson

ApeHawk fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Apr 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

May our pair continue to solve many many problems to come.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Fallout 2 to FNV: killing slavers never gets old:tfrxmas:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

By popular demand posted:

I can't hear you over the sound of my hunting rifle echoing inside Paradise Falls.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Killin' legionnaires never gets old :hellyeah:

So, what he's saying is... "War, war never changes."? :cheeky:

ApeHawk posted:

Drugs should be for EVERYONE! That’s how this world can become bearable for all of us.
And the Legion want to destroy that for them, what with their ban on drugs and liquor and all things fun.
Do you want the Legion to win the war on drugs? Or do you want wonderful, harmless drugs to prevail?
God, I wish that something like this would crop up if you were either high or suffering from addictions at the time. The goofier speech checks are great, especially that "Actually, I have some Psycho on me right now..." one. (again, more content I've never seen, this friggin' game I swear)

By popular demand posted:

More games should have unrepentant vile bastards within headshot range, it's quite satisfying.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
As we can see folks, murder solves ALL your problems*!

*Note: Murder does not actually solve all your problems, we are not responsible for potential jail time or death if you go this route you sick, sick psychopath

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

ShootaBoy posted:

I can't hear you over the sound of my hunting rifle echoing inside Paradise Falls.

Best thing about Paradise Falls was popping in, getting to know everyone, and then murdering Every. Single. God. drat. One. Of. Them.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Edit: Bodies that are missing limbs in this game still have the hitboxes and bones for the limbs, they're just using a "bloody stump" model that hides most of it. You can shoot a corpse in its phantom limbs and draw blood.

IMJack fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 22, 2018

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You misspelled "Meth" there.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Given that you got your bearclaw from mauling the Ghost of She, it actually is a female hand! Excellent choice for the task you set it to.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
drat right.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
the "problem solvers" dialogue and following frenzy of long distance brain surgery is when i decided that new vegas was my favourite game. so glad to see it again :allears:

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Just swimming in it this time.

Chapter 68: Sun Vulture and the Green Light

ApeHawk fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Apr 10, 2019

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
you can give Boone the Ranger Armor??? :hellyeah:

also holy poo poo I'm stoked for the next update, taking down caesar is the loving best
(both because gently caress caesar, and also because ballistic fists for days.)

idloveaspud
Apr 30, 2013

I, for one, can’t loving wait til the next chapter! :allears:

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
hype hype hype

Taking suggestions on what song Sun would choose to BGM the The Problem Solvers(tm) Solve the Caesar Problem.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

sniper4625 posted:

hype hype hype

Taking suggestions on what song Sun would choose to BGM the The Problem Solvers(tm) Solve the Caesar Problem.

Testarossa Autodrive.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Incel Warfare, by Neckbeard Deathcamp.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

sniper4625 posted:

hype hype hype

Salad Days by Mac Demarco

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
And we're just about to commence my favorite part of the game.

Heir03
Oct 16, 2012

Pillbug
I've never seen this part of FNV so I'm pretty stoked.

I really hope that whatever Sun decides to do, that it at least matches what Benny went through.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I am SO looking forward to the slaughter that is about to occur. Please tell me you intend to take a combat knife to Cesar's throat at the end before we enjoy a bald faced meal. :kheldragar: :kheldragar:

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Zeroisanumber posted:

And we're just about to commence my favorite part of the game.

It's one of the few times you can just go all-out on an entire settlement and not be a horrible rear end in a top hat. Kinda like Paradise falls. There's a reason why people go on psychopathic killing sprees in Bethesda games' towns- it's a rare circumstance where the combat system really has enough combatants around to make it interesting.

Kemix posted:

I am SO looking forward to the slaughter that is about to occur. Please tell me you intend to take a combat knife to Cesar's throat at the end before we enjoy a bald faced meal. :kheldragar: :kheldragar:

And now I need to go hit him with 23 separate combat knives in succession

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Oh man, this is gon' be gooood :dance: Been a long time since I last bopped my way through CeCe's camp.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
We Are the Champions!

McTimmy posted:

That's certainly a fitting end.

On a random tangent the sub-bunker guard also has the most inexplicable dialog flag in the game.

McTimmy posted:

I'll mention it when the trigger's gone through.

On a Benny topic, my first kill was an arena fight with just a single bop making him keel over.

BUT in hilarious buggy news: If you talk to Benny in The Tops and leave, he'll flee, then you can go get him killed at the Fort and if you return to the Presidential Suite, the goons will go up to kill you and ghost Benny will talk through the intercom.

Also I finally got around to answering this.

So, the weather station guard protecting Mr. House's bunker that Sun passed by wayyyyy earlier has initial first-time meeting you dialog. This includes specifically recognizing you as President Kimbell's killer, a quest you could only possibly have gotten by going the NCR path and getting him killed that way, as the other routes all require you to meet this guard beforehand. But going that deep into the NCR path locks you out of the Legion path.

McTimmy fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Nov 27, 2018

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Glad y'all are looking forward to the next update! I have lots of stuff in mind, but for those who want me to stab Caesar 23 times, that might be difficult, given Sun's maxed Melee Weapon's skill and Boone's AoE shots in his tiny and clustered tent. I'll try my hardest, but nothing is guaranteed.

Except shitloads of gifs of Legion boys getting destroyed. That is 1000% guaranteed.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

You can always do it to what's left! After all, sticking a fork in counts as 3-4 each, right?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

EAT THE RICH

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I want your favorite recipes for cooking filet legionnaire with those gifs :hampants:

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

ApeHawk posted:

Except shitloads of gifs of Legion boys getting destroyed. That is 1000% guaranteed.
Now that´s some beautiful words, right there!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

So I just finished wrapping up the recording for the next update and, uh...

This might take a while to finish.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
But does sun vulture have a caesar salad for a salad? Or does she go full canadian and cap it off with a bloody caesar?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, if nothing else, Fashion Souls is alive and well in the wasteland. Excellent choices!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
This next segment is what solidified for me that Obsidian is much better at making Bethesda games than Bethesda.

Well, I guess they also had the advantage of using an engine made by Bethesda, but it's so fuckin good y'all.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
It's just so goddamn satisfying and 100% Fallout.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

I deeply apologize to those with low connection speeds.

Chapter 69: Sun Vulture and the Seizure of Caesar

ApeHawk fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Apr 10, 2019

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
:allears: The explosions! The stabbings! The... battlecry. :cripes:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
This is your friendly reminder that Craig Boone is the youngest companion in New Vegas, at a whopping age of 26.

Stabbing Caesar 17 times with a Legion knife may be badass, but war is hell.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Well that's a disturbing perk, Sun better not get Mad Caesar Disease!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

quote:

Boone. Headshot.

FPS Doug would be proud :911: