Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Leaving aside bugs, are the other awful things I have read about the game things that can be patched?

Depends on what you mean, but things like proper quests aren't coming, I don't think. But some people largely like it this way (I thought I'd mind it less).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

JBP posted:

I used to play Lumines like a maniac and get sad when the psp ran out of gas. I'm psyched for some crazy visuals and bricks.

E: "headphones or surround sound recommended for maximum enjoyment"

Oh baby don't tease me this way Tetris Effect, I'm all about maximum enjoyment

Tetris Effect should only be played with cranked headphones. It’s such a wild experience. You’re completely in the flow of it but suddenly poo poo gets fast and the music is rising, you make a few mistakes and feel like you’re doomed with only a couple more lines to go. Suddenly you start seeing every possibility and at the last second pull out a glorious victory. Everything wraps up in the most powerful climax and then it fades out. The next game starts up. It’s just...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hrJ5s_0mylg

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I will play Y0 as soon as you play BB :getin:

I already did. Now play 80% of Yakuza 0 and wimp out like us real big gamer boys do.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I was intrigued by the idea of a totally empty and quiet post war world but then I heard the game was full of yakky robots, billions of audio logs and also semi-sentient ghouls and stuff that I'd feel bad about killing since unlike me they actually saw the horror of the war with their own eyes. Is that about right?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Tetris Effect: YOUR MOLECULES WILL BE DISPERSED INTO THE INFINITE COSMOS ON AN INFINITE JOURNEY OF WONDER AND DISCOVERYYYYYY

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Kilometers Davis posted:

I already did. Now play 80% of Yakuza 0 and wimp out like us real big gamer boys do.

You drive a hard bargain.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Samurai Sanders posted:

I was intrigued by the idea of a totally empty and quiet post war world but then I heard the game was full of yakky robots, billions of audio logs and also semi-sentient ghouls and stuff that I'd feel bad about killing since unlike me they actually saw the horror of the war with their own eyes. Is that about right?

Yeah but 50% of your time is scrounging junk. Which is less fulfilling than in FO4's survival mode because getting by is so much easier. You're not scavenging to survive, you're stockpiling (with a pitiable stash size). Which can feel aimless.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
I'm having serious morality-related reservations about the 3rd act of Dragon Quest XI. It really feels like the game is expecting me to be on board with a plan that I'm very much not on board with.

Tenmyouji's biker story from the epilogue of Virtue's Last Reward springs to mind....

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Instant Grat posted:

I'm having serious morality-related reservations about the 3rd act of Dragon Quest XI. It really feels like the game is expecting me to be on board with a plan that I'm very much not on board with.

Tenmyouji's biker story from the epilogue of Virtue's Last Reward springs to mind....

Keep in mind you're not erasing the current world. You're essentially making a new one where thousands don't have to die and the world doesn't fall into ruin. Considering the optimistic vibe of the game I think it totally fits and it is the absolute right choice to make. The only thing that will be lost is yourself from the old world.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Instant Grat posted:

Well, either you do it and the game continues with you as Future Trunks but, Future Trunks after the Hyperbolic Time Chamber training so you can actually Geese Howard parry all the bullshit coming your way

OR

You close the book and the story ends there. Tens of thousands are dead. Do you feel like a hero yet?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

RareAcumen posted:

Well, either you do it and the game continues with you as Future Trunks but, Future Trunks after the Hyperbolic Time Chamber training so you can actually Geese Howard parry all the bullshit coming your way

OR

You close the book and the story ends there. Tens of thousands are dead. Do you feel like a hero yet?

Yeah, but like

That future still exists. I'm leaving all my pals behind to essentially create another timeline where Yggdrasil never fell, but that doesn't fix anything for all the people you've been hanging out with throughout the first two acts.

ALSO: In regards to the main character, I think I might've killed the version of him that existed in the past up until Time Travel Hero arrived?? Erik mentions that he just poofed out of existence as soon as the Hero landed from the future. That's..... kind of iffy, ethically speaking, I think

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Some thoughts on Spider-Man:

Web-slinging is way fun. I could do it for hours. I have been doing it for hours!

Everyone has terrible hair

Combat is fun. It was hard to get used to how Spider-Man really needs to dodge everything and dies in four punches, but once you get that down it's great

The incidental dialogue was great at first but the charm wore off very fast once I realized how few different lines they recorded. "Do you have a skin condition under there" and "Wait, do I miss Fisk? No ho ho!" got old instantly.

On the other hand some things that were rare were pretty awesome, like seeing a bunch of people in the park doing tai chi.

The research missions were pretty dumb. These fish have a bacterial infection. I have to come up with a vaccine RIGHT NOW or the city might get sick!

Main storyline acting and writing is really good so far (1/3 complete)

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

beep by grandpa posted:

Let's just get down to business. Who in this thread hasn't played ANY of the following?: Yakuza 0, God of War, Spider-Man, Bloodborne, NieR: Automata

Beat all of them except BB because I can't stop myself from going back and making a new character :negative:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Do we know what the December plus games are?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think they’ll probably be announced tomorrow.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
It would annoy me if someone else did this but it doesn't stop it happening so lets go

The December ps plus games will be.....

unremarkable

I hope to be proved wrong

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Samuringa posted:

Beat all of them except BB because I can't stop myself from going back and making a new character :negative:
What does it matter what a character in Bloodsouls games looks like? They're gonna be almost completely covered in equipment at all times.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Samurai Sanders posted:

What does it matter what a character in Bloodsouls games looks like? They're gonna be almost completely covered in equipment at all times.

Well that's certainly one way to play :blush:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CrRoMa posted:

It would annoy me if someone else did this but it doesn't stop it happening so lets go

The December ps plus games will be.....

unremarkable

I hope to be proved wrong
No its too early for The Quiet Man to be a PS+ game

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Lol if you play Souls games as anything but a grizzled old grandma.

Demon's Souls is the exception, 'cause the fluted armor for women looks like dogshit

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Instant Grat posted:

Lol if you play Souls games as anything but a grizzled old grandma.
Grizzled old black grandma every single time. Same as in Saints Row.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I wish the Fallout 76 thread was more people posting about their experiences with the game and less people who aren't or haven't played it at all taking every possible opportunity to talk about how poo poo it is...

These sorts of "let's laugh at and dunk on a game" threads are really pointless except in a circlejerky way. To the people that are playing and enjoying the game it's just annoying, to the people playing and having a bad time it's going to amplify any problems, and to the people pointing and laughing it's just the aforementioned circle jerk.

I don't have any issue with people posting their displeasure at the game - I did it myself when it crashed far too many times early on - but this is on a whole new level.

I just wanted to post into the void about it because it's really annoying. My work colleagues and I who are playing it (not together) had a conversation with another colleague who knew basically nothing about what the game actually entailed but he'd told his dad not to bother with the game anyway, and after listening to us talk about it he realised that what his dad likes to do in Fallout games (make of that what you will) would be catered for in 76.

Call it out for being a cynical cash grab, sure, but for pages and pages and pages and pages...

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I always make my souls man look like me and I don't wear a helmet. It's really helped me cope with my own mortality.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Starting weapons and doing stuff differently at the beginning but I think next time I'm going to beat it because I exhausted all options

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Dark Souls character creator is strangely robust for how meaningless it all is.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I accidentally made Simone De Rochefort in Bloodborne and I couldn’t be happier.

Akuma posted:

I wish the Fallout 76 thread was more people posting about their experiences with the game and less people who aren't or haven't played it at all taking every possible opportunity to talk about how poo poo it is...

These sorts of "let's laugh at and dunk on a game" threads are really pointless except in a circlejerky way. To the people that are playing and enjoying the game it's just annoying, to the people playing and having a bad time it's going to amplify any problems, and to the people pointing and laughing it's just the aforementioned circle jerk.

I don't have any issue with people posting their displeasure at the game - I did it myself when it crashed far too many times early on - but this is on a whole new level.

I just wanted to post into the void about it because it's really annoying. My work colleagues and I who are playing it (not together) had a conversation with another colleague who knew basically nothing about what the game actually entailed but he'd told his dad not to bother with the game anyway, and after listening to us talk about it he realised that what his dad likes to do in Fallout games (make of that what you will) would be catered for in 76.

Call it out for being a cynical cash grab, sure, but for pages and pages and pages and pages...

I hate that poo poo so much. That’s why I avoid most specific games threads nowadays. Hate posting circle jerks are the worst thing on the internet.

If it means anything I’d love to read your thoughts about it. Post itt whenever!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

exquisite tea posted:

The Dark Souls character creator is strangely robust for how meaningless it all is.

It's for no-hit streamers so they can have the goofiest looking character.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Kilometers Davis posted:

I hate that poo poo so much. That’s why I avoid most specific games threads nowadays. Hate posting circle jerks are the worst thing on the internet.

If it means anything I’d love to read your thoughts about it. Post itt whenever!
The console threads are the only ones the games forum really needs anymore. Except for the Super Robot Wars thread of course.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Nov 27, 2018

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'd read a bunch of thoughtful non-hitpiece posts about FO76. Someone itt was enjoying it from memory.

Also yeah the only good games threads are PS4 and Bloodborne.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I spent a lot of time on my character and regretted it once I got some armor options and realized 90% of the hats cover a big chunk of your face as well as the rest of your head.

I mean, I've got a pretty sweet look going on with the Cainhurst armor and the Holy Blade and the tricorn hat, but it really doesn't matter what I look like underneath.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Every time I get to a character creator screen in a game, I always tell myself "ok, this is the one where I actually dedicate time to this and have fun with it". After about 5 minutes I get bored though and just hit continue with whatever my character looks like. This has lead to a couple games (Dragon Age Inquisition especially) where I've hated how my character looks and regretted not spending more time with it.

Now games that have robust clothing options, I will spend hours playing dress-up. Last one I can remember was Saints Row 3. Spent so much time making my character a bad-rear end punk/goth rocker.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Games with random variable character buttons are a lifesaver. Mostly all that I care about is that my character looks different than other ones I could see online.

edit: and random word generators to get names from like this one

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Nov 27, 2018

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BisterdDave posted:

Every time I get to a character creator screen in a game, I always tell myself "ok, this is the one where I actually dedicate time to this and have fun with it". After about 5 minutes I get bored though and just hit continue with whatever my character looks like. This has lead to a couple games (Dragon Age Inquisition especially) where I've hated how my character looks and regretted not spending more time with it.

Now games that have robust clothing options, I will spend hours playing dress-up. Last one I can remember was Saints Row 3. Spent so much time making my character a bad-rear end punk/goth rocker.

This is me. I spend an unbelievably long amount of time on every character creator. If I don’t like my character I end up restarting every time.

SR is the best with the plastic surgery option.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It’s a rite of passage in any game with character creation to spend 30 minutes fine-tuning the upper brow ridge of your avatar only to instantly delete them once you actually get into the game and they look like some horrible monstrosity.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Akuma posted:

Theres a thread for people that actually play the game.

I don't mind it, really. Is a goon thing, I think, and trolling can be a form of art.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
if people actually talked about their experiences with fallout 76 it might just encourage others to try it, which would be lose/lose all around

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
The current state of Battlefield V.

BFV in is current state is a early access game, withouth the label. The game present many bugs and is not complete, only contain a few infantry maps. No wake island. No ships. Is barebones.

This is enough for most people, but I am highly suspicious of the future. Will they ever complete the game? will they start asking money for finishing it?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Tei posted:

This is enough for most people, but I am highly suspicious of the future. Will they ever complete the game? will they start asking money for finishing it?
I'm sure they will. Even if they were not EA, that's how games like that go these days, right?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Tei posted:

The current state of Battlefield V.

BFV in is current state is a early access game, withouth the label. The game present many bugs and is not complete, only contain a few infantry maps. No wake island. No ships. Is barebones.

BF1 support was really good. :dice: laid out the future of BFV and have also been really great about listening to player feedback. The plans seem very fair, all maps will be free etc. The base game is well done, maybe the best of any BF, and there’s plenty of content right now as is.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I just want every game to come with a random name generator because I'm terrible at thinking of names for anything :(

(Is what you get if you spend several minutes trying to think of a game's name in GameDev Tycoon)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Samuringa posted:

I just want every game to come with a random name generator because I'm terrible at thinking of names for anything :(

(Is what you get if you spend several minutes trying to think of a game's name in GameDev Tycoon)

Random name and random character generators are life savers.