Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Man I am so happy that I included Josh Adams in a trade since I needed the roster spot. In week 5 and to the best team in my dynasty league. He already had Zeke, Bell, Gurley, Conner, and Shady so he really needed another RB. I traded a 2020 third rounder for raheem mostert before he broke his arm so it was all around great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Running the numbers, I'm in the playoffs unless my opponent beats me by over 130 points. Since the high score in the league this week was 135, that seems unlikely! Don't think I'll really go anywhere in the playoffs, but stranger things have happened. And hey, I recoup my buyin, so that's something!

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Next year my league is thinking about eliminating the TE slot for another FLEX. I've seen leagues that have just WR/TE FLEX spots, is there any benefit to doing that? So its either QB, 2RB, 2WR, RB/WR/TE, WR/TE, K, DST or QB, 2RB, 2WR, 2(RB/WR/TE), K, DST. Any opinions on the difference would be appreciated.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I like that TE is a difficult position; I personally wouldn't want to remove it.

Kickers can get hosed though. I'm all for eliminating kickers.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Inspector_666 posted:

Just need Deshaun Watson to keep it under 26 points tonight, please.

Oh gently caress off.

Whatever, still in 2nd place.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Epi Lepi posted:

Next year my league is thinking about eliminating the TE slot for another FLEX. I've seen leagues that have just WR/TE FLEX spots, is there any benefit to doing that? So its either QB, 2RB, 2WR, RB/WR/TE, WR/TE, K, DST or QB, 2RB, 2WR, 2(RB/WR/TE), K, DST. Any opinions on the difference would be appreciated.

Why?

Seriously, why eliminate the TE slot in favor of a flex instead of K/DST which are much worse, frankly?

But to answer the question; sure, you can do that. The reason to make it WR/TE instead of RB/WR/TE is to reduce the value of stacking RBs, I guess?

But at that point, why not just make it a WR slot? Because there are only like 4 TEs that people are going to play.... or you could make the TE scoring more balanced.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Gobias Ind. posted:

I like that TE is a difficult position; I personally wouldn't want to remove it.

I go back and forth on TE. It's really swingy, and there's very few good options, so that's frustrating. Reacting to that during the draft feels strategic though. On some level I feel like you're not really playing FF if you haven't started Jordan Thomas somewhere this year.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Well, of my three teams that made it to the playoffs in the FBG Players Championship, only one made it past the first round (if I had not played Gus Edwards in all three leagues I would have won with Drake instead). One of my losing teams was a top-2 seed so I'm into the Championship round (weeks 14-16, no waivers, total score leaderboard across multiple leagues) in 2/3 teams. And still one shot at a league title. Not bad for my first shot at one of these tournaments.

Anyone else in this or the FFPC? My only concern is I may not have planned enough for 3 weeks without waivers and I'm worried I'll go down a kicker or something. With this format would you roster an extra kicker?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
So despite losing 4 straight games I'm somehow the #4 team in my league at 6-6. Top team is 9-2, everyone else is pretty bad. I hope I can win a few heading into playoffs because that would be pretty nice.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Requiring a TE spot makes it interesting and enhances the positional value of players like Ertz quite a bit. I prefer that.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

SalTheBard posted:

So despite losing 4 straight games I'm somehow the #4 team in my league at 6-6. Top team is 9-2, everyone else is pretty bad. I hope I can win a few heading into playoffs because that would be pretty nice.

If the Texan’s D/ST keeps scoring TD’s like last night you might be in trouble.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Zauper posted:

Why?

Seriously, why eliminate the TE slot in favor of a flex instead of K/DST which are much worse, frankly?

But to answer the question; sure, you can do that. The reason to make it WR/TE instead of RB/WR/TE is to reduce the value of stacking RBs, I guess?

But at that point, why not just make it a WR slot? Because there are only like 4 TEs that people are going to play.... or you could make the TE scoring more balanced.

Already in redraft probably those 4 TEs get taken and then no one gives a poo poo until the last few rounds. So what's the difference?

How can you make TE scoring more balanced? I've heard of changing the PPR rates for each position, but does that actually help? Or doing points for first down.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Epi Lepi posted:

Already in redraft probably those 4 TEs get taken and then no one gives a poo poo until the last few rounds. So what's the difference?

How can you make TE scoring more balanced? I've heard of changing the PPR rates for each position, but does that actually help? Or doing points for first down.

It helps a ton. If you were a .5ppr league but ran a TE premium at 1 ppr then Kelce and Ertz become better than everyone except the top 2 WR’s. Then the group of Ebron —-> Burton end up in the mix of WR10 —-> WR25.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

I like the tight end slot because every team has a guaranteed garbage player

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Not if you picked up Eric Ebron :smug:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Alfalfa posted:

If the Texan’s D/ST keeps scoring TD’s like last night you might be in trouble.

Thankfully it was overturned by me so it didn't end up counting.

I'm still really embarrassed about that.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

RCarr posted:

Not if you picked up Eric Ebron Travis Kelce :smug:

Fixed that for you.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

thrawn527 posted:

Fixed that for you.

Well yeah, theres like 3 good tight ends but even tight ends get bye weeks. Seeing someone burn a roster spot on a scum tier player even one week is worth it.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Well yeah, theres like 3 good tight ends but even tight ends get bye weeks. Seeing someone burn a roster spot on a scum tier player even one week is worth it.

Sorry, I misread that as Evan Engram, who just screwed me in Kelce's bye week. My mistake.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

RCarr posted:

Not if you picked up Eric Ebron :smug:

Picking up Ebron when Delanie Walker died was the decision that saved my season :c00l:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Fixed that for you.

Something makes me think you didn't pick up Kelce off free agency but :shrug:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

RCarr posted:

Something makes me think you didn't pick up Kelce off free agency but :shrug:

Oh sure, I drafted him. I basically misread that post in every way possible. Oops.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
It's been a rough year. In one league I started out 5-0 and am now 6-6, needing a win this week to ensure playoffs, but could still make it with a loss depending on other results. 4 of those losses were by 4 or less. So many bad decisions that cost me close games.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Kickers should be merged with DSTs

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

and then both can be removed in one go

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Alfalfa posted:

It helps a ton. If you were a .5ppr league but ran a TE premium at 1 ppr then Kelce and Ertz become better than everyone except the top 2 WR’s. Then the group of Ebron —-> Burton end up in the mix of WR10 —-> WR25.

I realized it's moot for my league unless we change platforms. ESPN doesn't support positional scoring unless I'm missing the option.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I have both Wentz and Rodgers right now. If I told myself this two months ago I would have thought that meant I had a playoff spot locked up, but lol nope.

Basically need to hope I can scratch out a win this week and the top team continues their streak and beats the team just ahead of me. :unsmith:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
My team where I drafted McKinnon, Golden Tate, Evan Engram, Burkhead, Ronald Jones, and Jax defense has officially missed the playoffs. Deservedly!

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Handsome Ralph posted:

I have both Wentz and Rodgers right now. If I told myself this two months ago I would have thought that meant I had a playoff spot locked up, but lol nope.

Basically need to hope I can scratch out a win this week and the top team continues their streak and beats the team just ahead of me. :unsmith:

Now that I have Goff on my team, I'm looking at dropping Wentz for Dak as my playoffs backup QB of choice

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Travis Kelce as my TE1, George Kittle as his backup. Anyone else want a good TE? Too bad.

It's the one position that gives me hope against the league leader, since he has to start Rudolph.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

Travis Kelce as my TE1, George Kittle as his backup. Anyone else want a good TE? Too bad.

It's the one position that gives me hope against the league leader, since he has to start Rudolph.

My formerly lovely backup running backs to Zeke Elliott are Chubb, Aaron Jones and Phillip Lindsay. My league members with RBs dropping like flies have been desperately trying last minute trades with me hahahaha burn in hell, fuckers.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Been streaming D/ST for the most of the season, this week my best options seem to be:

Packers vs Ari
Dolphins vs Buf

Any thoughts?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

kiimo posted:

My formerly lovely backup running backs to Zeke Elliott are Chubb, Aaron Jones and Phillip Lindsay. My league members with RBs dropping like flies have been desperately trying last minute trades with me hahahaha burn in hell, fuckers.

I would at least consider moving one of them for an upgrade somewhere else since I assume you can't start all 4 of them?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

This, this is the best idea I haven't read before. Agreed.

Also, keep TE's.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You never know what poo poo will go down, for instance I own Fournette in another league and I'm real glad I have good backup RBs.

edit: I love the idea of D/ST/K and now wonder who has the best combination

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008

quote:

edit: I love the idea of D/ST/K and now wonder who has the best combination

I'll be shocked if it isn't the Rams.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Maybe if Zeurlein had been healthy all year, as it is he's the #24 kicker.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Best combo is Houston or Baltimore. Most likely Houston.

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

Cousins or Trubs in week 13? Eagles or Broncos D?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Kansas City would be a solid combo