Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/1067431464524869633

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
So this is a direct connection for the Podesta hack and leak.

FSB hacks Podesta,
gets with Assange to release,
Manafort gets with Assange
,meeting in Trump Tower,
"RUSSIA IF YOU ARE LISTENING",
and release.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Also from the guardian article:

quote:

A separate internal document written by Ecuador’s Senain intelligence agency and seen by the Guardian lists “Paul Manaford [sic]” as one of several well-known guests. It also mentions “Russians”.

:smugdon:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
It feels like we keep getting more and more pieces of this poo poo-covered puzzle with every indictment.

So what does this mean for Manafort? Does he now go to jail forever?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

It feels like we keep getting more and more pieces of this poo poo-covered puzzle with every indictment.

oh most assuredly.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

So this is a direct connection for the Podesta hack and leak.

FSB hacks Podesta,
gets with Assange to release,
Manafort gets with Assange
,meeting in Trump Tower,
"RUSSIA IF YOU ARE LISTENING",
and release.

nah those emails might not have even been stolen when Manafort met in March 2016, and wikileaks didn't get them until a couple months later

as marcy says here, this raises more questions about what Manafort's contacts with Assange were versus what Stone's later contacts

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1067432119561990150

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Dude had a plea deal and then committed more crimes

Supermax is looking likely, for life

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Captain Invictus posted:

Please dismantle facebook the Internet

A better solution.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

TulliusCicero posted:

Dude had a plea deal and then committed more crimes

Supermax is looking likely, for life

Hearing people who think they are so above it all that they are untouchable getting ground into the mud is chicken soup for my left wing soul

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/unkempt-heavily-bearded-julian-assange-no-longer-has-embassy-cat-for-company

The end is rapidly approaching for Jules

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/The_Law_Boy/status/1067434166139011072

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Happy news, it's not Assange's cat.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

CuddleCryptid posted:

Hearing people who think they are so above it all that they are untouchable getting ground into the mud is chicken soup for my left wing soul

They always touch the third rail for the rich. They get into politics. Every. drat. Time.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I hope the cat has become the mascot of the Embassy and just lives with some nice embassy staff member now :3:

What are the odds Julian is assassinated by the Russians the minute he steps out that door, especially with this new news breaking?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
:ussr: Mueller is not your friend, he's a conservative law enforcement & intelligence man, this logically makes him a bad person hostile to your interests, comrade.

:eng101: Those who play with the devil's toys will be brought by degrees to wield his sword.

(Sees the impending doom of various Trump stooges)

:raise:

:rock: gently caress YEAH LET'S DO THIS EAT poo poo YOU NAZI FUCKS :rock:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Whenever more news and things like this come out about Facebook, all of my Facebook friends hem and haw about how if there's some other platform they can use to socialize and no one ever realizes or follows through when I bring it up that we can all just group text each other whenever. It's crazy how much Facebook has trained people to feel that they REQUIRE not necessarily Facebook itself, but a structured branded platform app and/or website along its lines that tells them how and when to socialize. I still use Facebook so I'm not going to act like I'm any better but drat.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Are we mad at Assange for the emails, the Russia stuff, or the rape? I can't keep track.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Also from the guardian article:

:smugdon:

Imagine being such a terrible houseguest that a government rats you out

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

sean10mm posted:

:ussr: Mueller is not your friend, he's a conservative law enforcement & intelligence man, this logically makes him a bad person hostile to your interests, comrade.

:eng101: Those who play with the devil's toys will be brought by degrees to wield his sword.

(Sees the impending doom of various Trump stooges)

:raise:

:rock: gently caress YEAH LET'S DO THIS EAT poo poo YOU NAZI FUCKS :rock:

yeah. anything that hurts these Nazi fuckheads is good by me.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Are we mad at Assange for the emails, the Russia stuff, or the rape? I can't keep track.

all of them.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The Sword of Damocles that is Mueller over Trump and his stooges dropping ever lower brings me life :allears:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

I hate to be a killjoy because this theory makes sense, fits the known facts, and is hilarious, but . . .

we really shouldn't be assuming anything in advance about what the Mueller investigation is going to do or is doing, until they actually show their hand, which they haven't done yet. I want this take to be true but it's still just a take, and it's based on statements and leaks by Jerome Corsi, who is not credible.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

TulliusCicero posted:

What are the odds Julian is assassinated by the Russians the minute he steps out that door, especially with this new news breaking?

A Russian assassination on UK soil? They would never stand for it!

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ZobarStyl posted:

Whether there are 20 odd GOP senators with a functioning moral compass is another question entirely.

LOL there is no question. There aren't.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I hate to be a killjoy because this theory makes sense, fits the known facts, and is hilarious, but . . .

we really shouldn't be assuming anything in advance about what the Mueller investigation is going to do or is doing, until they actually show their hand, which they haven't done yet. I want this take to be true but it's still just a take, and it's based on statements and leaks by Jerome Corsi, who is not credible.

Mueller just keeps check-raising every round, and the flop never ends.

Please, please just get to the river.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

mango sentinel posted:

A Russian assassination on UK soil? They would never stand for it!

Kill me once, shame on you. Kill me twice......

You'll never kill me again

Capri Sunrise
May 16, 2008

Elephants are mammals of the family Elephantidae and the largest existing land animals. Three species are currently recognised: the African bush elephant, the African forest elephant, and the Asian elephant.
So all the Manafort celebration aside what exactly stops Trump from just pardoning him as a thank you for staying loyal?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Agent Burt Macklin posted:

So maybe they let Manafort believe he was a mole and allowed him to feed Trump misinformation so Trump would fill out his collusion worksheet and in doing so, ensure it would be full of lies. I can't pretend to be cool on the internet about this...it is really loving impressive.

The real magic wouldn't be getting Trump like that; catching Trump in a lie is easy. But if they can use the misinformation passed through Manafort to show that Trump's current attorneys are legally compromised, that's when things really start getting entertaining.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, if all this poo poo pans out with it being as bad if not worse than it looks, then trump will get impeached by the house at least. if its really loving bad, they might get enough GOP ghouls to pull the trigger just to save themselves.

why would the GOP turn on trump for this? they support him because the base loves him. the base isn't going to turn on him for a corruption scandal, so neither will the senate. it doesn't matter how blatantly illegal it is, trump will only be impeached if he either loses popularity or if the dems take control.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i agree with you in general but that post isn't based on Corsi at all? her most recent post about corsi is about how he's been playing the media

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

NEVERMIND!

I was wrong because I was reading all this on my phone and missed that this is all based on a Mueller filing now, not on just random poo poo Corsi is alleging:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/26/paul-manafort-plea-deal-russia-investigation-mueller-lies

Given that yeah ok Mueller may be moving to endgame now.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Random Stranger posted:

The real magic wouldn't be getting Trump like that; catching Trump in a lie is easy. But if they can use the misinformation passed through Manafort to show that Trump's current attorneys are legally compromised, that's when things really start getting entertaining.

BIG

WET

INDICTMENT

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
When Paul Manafort dies, Robert Mueller will personally invent a way to bring him back to life and indict him more

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

mdemone posted:

Mueller just keeps check-raising every round, and the flop never ends.

Please, please just get to the river.

do you remember that feeling at about seven pm, three weeks and half a million years ago

when you felt something happening again that had been horrible, and awful.

do you remember the Ballad of Scooter Libby.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

TulliusCicero posted:

The Sword of Damocles that is Mueller over Trump and his stooges dropping ever lower brings me life :allears:
Mueller is going to make a surprise heel turn in 2020 and indict Hillary. It's the only way this storyline can get over.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Random Stranger posted:

How so? What happens in the USA if an attorney is shown to be complicit? No more attorney privilege?

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

TulliusCicero posted:

I hope the cat has become the mascot of the Embassy and just lives with some nice embassy staff member now :3:

Why would they wait until he's outside when Trump is so openly supportive of a foreign government murdering someone inside a diplomatic facility? Putin as well has been quite clear that the UK government has no dominion over him if he decides to assassinate someone on British soil.

The only reason they've not yet done it is that it's just a little too obvious right now, as well as the fact that he's hoping that Julian's piss poor health will finish him off cleanly.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
The senate race in Mississippi is not close enough for a useless succ Dem like me to have hope, right?

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Wilhelm posted:

So all the Manafort celebration aside what exactly stops Trump from just pardoning him as a thank you for staying loyal?

The current theory is that most of these crimes were committed in NY, meaning the NYAG can charge him for pardoned crimes and lock him up there for state crimes. IIRC Mueller has been sharing his information with NY for this specific reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Brony Car posted:

The senate race in Mississippi is not close enough for a useless succ Dem like me to have hope, right?

statistically it slaps it into the same place as beto o'rourke. "it happening is within the realm of possibility. ain't nobody putting money on it."