Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
I read this entire thread and I am still fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
You have to read less of it each day.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

joats posted:

I read this entire thread and I am still fat.

Read up on intermittent posting

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Your posts in just have to be less than your posts out.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

whats a good exercise?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
squats

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

I've been slacking on this. They say your knees shouldn't hurt or strain when done properly, but I always feel a twinge coming up, even when going slowly :(

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i did squats now what

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
when in doubt, more squats
or more difficult squats

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Wicker Man posted:

I've been slacking on this. They say your knees shouldn't hurt or strain when done properly, but I always feel a twinge coming up, even when going slowly :(

Speed doesn't really matter, your form does. I don't know any good youtubes for demonstration of form, but you should also stretch out some before squatting, especially if you're not used to it.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

numberoneposter posted:

i did squats now what

Do more, and faster.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
gently caress that im GAINING WEIGHT on my OWN

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Wicker Man posted:

Read Starting Strength. Everyone hates Mark Rippetoe for pretty loving good reasons, but that book is the best way to learn a correct way to squat without a coach. It's not the correct way to squat, because there's no such thing, and anyone who tells you that there is (like Mark Rippetoe himself) is an idiot. There are wrong ways to squat, though, and reading Starting Strength will make sure you're not doing any of them. Everyone has hot takes about why you shouldn't squat that way, and once you read the book and know a correct way to squat, you can start listening to them and modify your technique, but you'll be doing so from a correct starting point.

Also the free Kindle preview on amazon goes through most of the squat chapter so you can see what you're getting into.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Try to pirate the book though seriously, Rippetoe is a piece of poo poo and deserves to die penniless

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
Didn't have breakfast, haven't had dinner. Trip report: it's fine.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar

feelix posted:

Try to pirate the book though seriously, Rippetoe is a piece of poo poo and deserves to die penniless

What did he do?

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Megaraptor posted:

Why did the 'fave quotes from my 600lb life' thread get gassed? I miss it.

I know im quoting a billion pages ago, but our very own HAES believing mod gassed it and probed anyone starting another thread that resembled the old one.

A multi hundred page Lowtax thread was gassed by a death fat.

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

Lol I had like 800 calories of pear cider last night over my limit and still lost weight today. Maybe I'm too hard on myself sometimes

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Kullik posted:

Lol I had like 800 calories of pear cider last night over my limit and still lost weight today. Maybe I'm too hard on myself sometimes

Day to day fluctuations are meaningless, drink 800 calories over your limit every night for a month and see what happens. Not that the occasional blip is the end of the world, but we all gain/lose multiple pounds every day in water, solid waste and other random factors influenced by a million things, having a small spike or dip in weight over the course of a few hours is no indication of, well, anything in either direction.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

Spermanent Record posted:

What did he do?

So a lot of people with conservative views didn't believe the allegations against Kavanaugh, right? OK, whatever

He went one step further said on a public Internet forum that even if the allegations were true, it's NBD just boys being boys and he should still be confirmed. That's just one example of him being the worst dumb stubborn old man from Texas.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Often Abbreviated posted:

Didn't have breakfast, haven't had dinner. Trip report: it's fine.

Dude this is bad. I don't care your bmi or whatever. I go two meals a day for as long as I can remember. But one meal is just asking to pass out due to heatstroke.

It's Winter but still. Passing out due to lack of salt dehydration is not really painful per session, because your body literally just dies functions just cease. It sucks. Eat twice dumbass.

There's a reason why American's are so "Large and in Charge" and it's right there in the name.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Sjs00 posted:

Dude this is bad. I don't care your bmi or whatever. I go two meals a day for as long as I can remember. But one meal is just asking to pass out due to heatstroke.

It's Winter but still. Passing out due to lack of salt dehydration is not really painful per session, because your body literally just dies functions just cease. It sucks. Eat twice dumbass.

There's a reason why American's are so "Large and in Charge" and it's right there in the name.

In other countries we have learned ways of taking on salt/water without constant eating. I'm sorry to discover this is one of those pieces of old world folklore that America has abandoned, like public healthcare.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

In other countries we have learned ways of taking on salt/water without constant eating. I'm sorry to discover this is one of those pieces of old world folklore that America has abandoned, like public healthcare.
Religious fasting is an ignorant superstition, not a point of pride.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I'm cycling 200km this week, eating 4 meals a day and still losing weight. Please don't starve yourselves. Be healthy, eat well and make changes that will enhance the way you want to live for the foreseeable future.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

feelix posted:

Religious fasting is an ignorant superstition, not a point of pride.

Is this one of those things where you post something incredibly dumb and neckbeardy from Reddit circa 2005 and try to trick people into thinking it's your real opinion?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

As I typed I figured you might not be living in the good old.
Anyway all the more reason we should get you guys some food l m f a o

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

Eating one meal a day is fine. Heat stroke from fasting? How? Who has this ever happened to? lmao

People with certain health problems or blood pressure meds and such should talk to their doctor and take it easy but that also applies to exercise.

Good thing our ancestors had a steady supply of three meals a day or we wouldn't be here, right?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
There are people whose literal mass is 1/3 of yours and the sun shines everyday for them as well

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
Both "one meal a day is death" and "America sucks because there's no tradition of fasting" are both extremely dumb takes

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

OK but you were talking about the danger of heat stroke and dropping dead. If that is going to happen to me soon I would like to know about it. I feel fine so far. :confuoot:

Drive By
Feb 26, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I’m like 190 and I’ve water fasted for 5 days a few times now and 2-day fasted more times than I can count lmao if you think omad is extreme. Keep your sadbrains in check and you’ll be fine.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

feelix posted:

Both "one meal a day is death" and "America sucks because there's no tradition of fasting" are both extremely dumb takes

Good thing no-one said that second one. Maybe you should sit down and have a sandwich, I think you're getting heatstroke.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

Good thing no-one said that second one. Maybe you should sit down and have a sandwich, I think you're getting heatstroke.

The only reason that the average person on the street would have special knowledge of how to take on salt throughout the day due to eating only one meal is a cultural tradition of fasting. So yeah, you were coyly referring to that.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
Unless you were talking about people who are literally suffering through a famine, in which case wow you really owned America!

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

feelix posted:

The only reason that the average person on the street would have special knowledge of how to take on salt throughout the day due to eating only one meal is a cultural tradition of fasting. So yeah, you were coyly referring to that.

???

You're kidding right? Because if so, well done. You loving got me. I was nearly ready to believe that someone could be dumb enough to think that the ancient wisdom "drink something containing some salt", which you'll do completely on instinct if your body needs it, is some dark religious rite requiring years of special training and upbringing.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

???

You're kidding right? Because if so, well done. You loving got me. I was nearly ready to believe that someone could be dumb enough to think that the ancient wisdom "drink something containing some salt", which you'll do completely on instinct if your body needs it, is some dark religious rite requiring years of special training and upbringing.

So it's an instinct but dumb Americans wouldn't know how to do it? It's not my fault that you chose to muddle your point with some played-out cliche about how much America sucks.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
You certainly made it seem like a cultural thing, which it probably is, because the only drinks that have sodium but zero calories widely available in Western countries are all diet versions of sugar drinks. I don't think you're really trying to make a coherent point, you just wanted to lay down a super sick and original own about how American healthcare sucks.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

This is the dumbest conversation I've ever had on these forums. And I used to post in the Bad Thread.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
This derail brings shame to yourselves, your families and this board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

I just sprinkle some lite salt in my water throughout the day.