Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

uhhhhh.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Darchangel posted:

Seems legit.

i'm gonna go ahead and guess the circle on the map is a place no sane person would ever live or run a legal business

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Dual ad, Pacer X and Eagle wagon. 4500 for the Pacer, 2500 for the Eagle.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Nov 24, 2018

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Brolander posted:

this or the mini truck. decisions.....
This is just a beautifully done ad all around

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1988-bmw-735i-factory-5speed/6752128564.html

I'll see you and raise...

https://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/d/1990-bmw-735il-e32-stick/6755969442.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

:frogsiren:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/edmonton/1980-pontiac-trans-am-4-door-limousine-t-top/1235714152?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

quote:

Very unique, Custom made 24 years ago, If you want to build one today it would be over $150,000, We had just finished re conditioning and upgrading better than it ever was, Too many items to list must be seen to be appreciated. If you want the ideal family sports car that your wife would be happy with so you can carry around the kid, This is the car for you, It is hard to understand how much attention this car brings until you drive it to experience it. We have two of them now willing to part with this one.
(LAY-A-WAY PLAN) Available

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I'm intrigued about the AMC Eagle in FL. Was there a big market for them there? Figured it was for the snow regions.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

God drat, talk about mullet head heaven.

All the camaros and firebirds.... There aren't enough cinder blocks in the world for this place.

http://www.davidt.com/vehicles/3/23/

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Holy poo poo, you're not kidding. They are either crazy or very, very committed to F-bodies.

I'm thinking a little bit of both

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

"ideal family sports car"
I feel like that would be a hard sell to any wife. Well, any wife that still has all her teeth.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

slidebite posted:

Holy poo poo, you're not kidding. They are either crazy or very, very committed to F-bodies.

I'm thinking a little bit of both

They are so committed they are asking absurd prices for beat to poo poo LS1s.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Tai-Pan posted:

I feel like that would be a hard sell to any wife. Well, any wife that still has all her teeth.

One of those don't knock it till you try it...

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Lift it and put it on tractor tires immediately

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Colostomy Bag posted:

One of those don't knock it till you try it...

Sometimes forgiveness is easier to get than permission.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Tai-Pan posted:

You buy it as your wedding limo then just keep driving it.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Tai-Pan posted:

So you drive like 30,000+ miles a year?
Unless your current daily driver is like a 60's Cadillac with a fuel leak, the fuel savings couldn't be that much.

60,000 miles so far and I'm still about a month away from 2 years, so yeah. I get like 14-15mpg though (I do a lot of idling in stopped traffic), and I doubt the civic is going to ACTUALLY get 50mpg.

anywho... gold?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

60,000 miles so far and I'm still about a month away from 2 years, so yeah. I get like 14-15mpg though (I do a lot of idling in stopped traffic), and I doubt the civic is going to ACTUALLY get 50mpg.

anywho... gold?

$5k for a '67 GTX? You should probably be calling that guy...

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Says he's looking to trade so I'm guessing that $5k is money on top of the trade.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Says he wants a trade.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/d/1967-plymouth-gtx/6759072428.html

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I always enjoy the slight buzz off of fumes when the engine is running and loading crap into to the trunk.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Colostomy Bag posted:

I always enjoy the slight buzz off of fumes when the engine is running and loading crap into to the trunk.

The exhaust of a non-catted car smells good but when I imagine living in a city full of them, it's unimaginable. Between that and the cigarettes, it must have been nuts.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Pham Nuwen posted:

The exhaust of a non-catted car smells good but when I imagine living in a city full of them, it's unimaginable. Between that and the cigarettes, it must have been nuts.

Still pisses me off I can't light one off when filling the gas can.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Holy crap. I stand corrected. That sounds awful.

And now for something completely Texan.

https://waco.craigslist.org/cto/d/limousine-for-sell/6743798196.html

Tai-Pan fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 28, 2018

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

"for sell"

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
for sell
camero
never’ ran

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Given the strict regulations of the TX DOT, I'm going to assume that limo is built to the highest standards found everywhere. Dare I say it might match FL standards.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Colostomy Bag posted:

Given the strict regulations of the TX DOT, I'm going to assume that limo is built to the highest standards found everywhere. Dare I say it might match FL standards.

Being one of the few states that actual still does have a state inspection, I bet it's better, but only just.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

https://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/d/1967-cadillac-eldorado/6746286560.html

"ran when parked"

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

lol. Truth be told I have a hard on for the the Eldorado and especially the Olds Toronado of that vintage.

But in the case of the Eldorado, the first step of restoring it would be to use a chainsaw.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Yea those things rule. That vintage Toronado had to be the best looking car ever made. Sucks they are super rare.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

shy boy from chess club posted:

Yea those things rule. That vintage Toronado had to be the best looking car ever made. Sucks they are super rare.

Actually had to look that up for a few reasons. Somewhat unflattering examples (while look solid) seem to be in the 10K range.

I'm fortunate to live close to the ACD museum and NATMUS. Anyways the ACD museum is cool because hell, you are walking around in the showroom where some of the greatest cars ever made exist. It is a true wonder.

Anyways, the NATMUS is behind it and is basically a warehouse at this point. But you have all sorts of stuff in there. There was a Toronado that was lent to the museum with a for sale sign. $7K.

Should have wrote a check right there a few years back. Always thought the speedo was cool.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

This is probably a good place to ask this - I have a 2002 Subaru Forester with a (likely) blown head gasket. A junker service has offered me $180 for the car and they will pick it up.

Would it be worth it to post an ad on Craigslist to see if I can get more? I some cars in my area listed with blown gaskets but I'm not sure if people actually buy them.

Is $500 an outlandish amount to ask?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

If it's not a giant bucket of rust $500 should be a decent asking price. Subaru's tend to hold their value and if the only thing really wrong with it is head gaskets that's only a few hundred bucks and an afternoon to fix if you've got the knowledge and tools handy.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Yeah I helped a friend do the head gasket on his 02 Malibu and the only really painful part was accessing the back head on that transversely-mounted V6. Neither of us has done this poo poo before, but we pulled it apart, cleaned the pistons, got the heads machined, and reinstalled and it's doing fine a year later. Don't know what it's like on a Subaru engine.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Thanks to you both. I'll try listing it to see how it goes. I appreciate it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd start it at like $750 if the HG is the only issue. That way when somebody beats you down to $500 you can both walk away happy.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

500 for a head gasket needing Subaru is what I look for constantly and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Get those and a timing belt done and it's a 2000-2500 dollar car.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Tai-Pan posted:

They are so committed they are asking absurd prices for beat to poo poo LS1s.

There’s a 2002 WS6 with 71k miles that they’re asking $19k for.

:allears:

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I'd start it at like $750 if the HG is the only issue. That way when somebody beats you down to $500 you can both walk away happy.

It has some early CV issues too. I may try $650 to see what happens. It has about 124k miles.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

me your dad posted:

It has some early CV issues too. I may try $650 to see what happens. It has about 124k miles.

As said above, a fixed HG quadruples the value so don't undercut yourself. Even with other repairable issues. There's guys in this thread that can knock out a Subaru HG in a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Deteriorata posted:

"ran when parked"

A better trend than intentionally rusting body panels and false patina imo