Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

TomViolence posted:

Oh I think I've solved that problem now. Got myself a nice, loyal vassal pope, who was only too happy to lay a crown on my head just after I put a tiara on his

not that it's kept me from delving into the classics and laying the foundation for a hellenic revival :unsmigghh:

TomViolence posted:

my deeply cursed playthrough just got hosed by the pope again

a loving possessed, cannibal pope at that

i was one province away from reforming the roman empire, launched a war against the terrifying 80,000 strong army of the holy (false) roman empire to claim it. halfway through the war my emperor dies but the succession goes pretty smoothly but for one thing: my son is orthodox. of course this doesn't seem like a huge red flag at the time

but lo and behold, as we crest 85% war score against the kaiser, the pope - who is my vassal - announces a crusade.

a crusade for thrace

once triggered, the crusade absolutely splinters my realm, thanks to the many, many catholic vassals that years of successive catholic rulers have converted or given titles all having pledged themselves. my beleaguered armies have been whittled down from 75,000 to about 35,000 from protracted battle, siege and attrition in my war with the HRE and there's a solid 100,000 - most of them my erstwhile vassals - burning every inch of thrace to the loving ground

kill all popes.

One of the funniest CK2 self-owns I've seen in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

genuinely just beautiful. spent 200 years going from the duchy of apulia to one victory away from emperor of a revived rome, holding kingdoms from spain to persia. a dynasty boasting the bloodlines of conquerors from alexander the great to ragnar lodbrok, a lineage that's seen the mediterranean ruled by eunuchs, seductresses, genius scholars and the son of satan himself, with branches of the family on the thrones of france, england, finland and denmark. and all of that work just smashed to pieces by an unholy pope, without even the need to win the crusade to do the damage.

i think i might need to pull the trigger on that hellenic revival, i'm thinking of taking bloodthirsty gods and making annual pope-sacrifice a cornerstone of the faith

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Darg. The special duelist bloodline is bugged and can't be gained in ironman - it sets a got_duelist_bloodline flag and queues up an event granting the bloodline to fire after two weeks, but that event is coded to require you not to have the got_duelist_bloodline flag.

But that bloodline is what I was saying was missing before - it enables dueling without having the war focus.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 27, 2018

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

So I'm doing an ironman shattered world as the norse king of Denmark. Did they change something about being able to use the conquest CB for neighboring counties? I had it originally and used it to declare war immediately upon starting the game, but then the war ended like a month later because the CB was no longer valid. Since then it's never been listed as an option. I did have the shattered world game rule where you can declare on neighboring counties for the first 25 years, so I at least could use that but now it's 50 years later and it's really slowed down my rate of conquest. It has been a while since I've played as a pagan, so maybe I'm just missing something.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

So I'm doing an ironman shattered world as the norse king of Denmark. Did they change something about being able to use the conquest CB for neighboring counties? I had it originally and used it to declare war immediately upon starting the game, but then the war ended like a month later because the CB was no longer valid. Since then it's never been listed as an option. I did have the shattered world game rule where you can declare on neighboring counties for the first 25 years, so I at least could use that but now it's 50 years later and it's really slowed down my rate of conquest. It has been a while since I've played as a pagan, so maybe I'm just missing something.

You should be able to use the county conquest CB on any other non-Norse pagan. I played a shattered world game as well, and it was still available to me even after the special consolidate CB went inactive after 25 years.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Man, dueling can give you some insane bonuses. My King Knut, Papal Assassin, currently has a stack of 25 "renowned duelist," giving 3.75 monthly prestige and +125 sex appeal.

Of course he's 71 years old and it doesn't do anything for him, but still.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Yashichi posted:

So the Holy Fury patch made it possible for republics to switch to Absolute Cognatic, and it works correctly! You can even designate female heirs. The only issue is that you still can't do matrilineal marriages because it's hard-coded in the government type for some reason.

Have you tried it with a religion that allows consorts? You might be able to just give your daughters consorts and never have them marry.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Still can't figure out nomads, I started up a game as Uyghur and don't seem to be able to attack or invade or attack anyone. Think I'm supposed to raise my population to unlock invasion but no idea how - is there any decent step by step guide or LP for nomads?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Huh, it seems that if a viceroy commits suicide all their viceroyal titles go to their heir instead of back to their liege. At least that's what happened with two of my viceroys and that seems to be the one suspicious thing in common in both circumstances since suicide is fairly uncommon among the AI.

So uh, I guess if you wind up as a viceroy then protip: kill you are self

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Gobblecoque posted:

Huh, it seems that if a viceroy commits suicide all their viceroyal titles go to their heir instead of back to their liege. At least that's what happened with two of my viceroys and that seems to be the one suspicious thing in common in both circumstances since suicide is fairly uncommon among the AI.

So uh, I guess if you wind up as a viceroy then protip: kill you are self

Are the title still viceroyalties? If so, it's just a matter of waiting for the next guy to die/be killed. If not, it's a pretty serious bug (in contrast to a mildly irritating bug).

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
So Ragnarr has been busy:

(not pictured: the one he also gets automatically just for being Ragnarr Lodbrok)

The funny thing is that I got that forged bloodline immediately after picking the ambition because I already had 50 kills at that point.

Also don't ask me what's going on with Europe in these pictures - West Francia exploded like 30 years in and I have no idea why. Half of those huge realms are just duchies. One thing I really like about Holy Fury is the new "mass conversion" system. I've been having a ton of nearby pagan rulers come to me to convert to reformed Germanic which is a lot more interesting than the old reformed paganism where once you reformed you were basically the only ruler to follow your religion at that point, so it was basically just a special superpower of your particular kingdom rather than like, an actual religion that might spread outside your borders naturally.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Nov 27, 2018

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Torrannor posted:

Are the title still viceroyalties? If so, it's just a matter of waiting for the next guy to die/be killed. If not, it's a pretty serious bug (in contrast to a mildly irritating bug).

They're still viceroyalties, yeah.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Torrannor posted:

Yeah, they remained viceroyal but there's some additional fuckiness going on there. When one of the guys died most of the titles went back to me but a few duchies went to that guy's heir and changed to regular titles. I thought that maybe I happened to have granted them as regular duchies but no, when I look at the title history it shows me inheriting them as a normal viceroyal title and then on the same date going to the heir.

Thankfully in this situation it's more of a curiosity than an annoyance, I just swept the dude under another viceroy king.

mobius42
Dec 19, 2006

Yashichi posted:

So the Holy Fury patch made it possible for republics to switch to Absolute Cognatic, and it works correctly! You can even designate female heirs. The only issue is that you still can't do matrilineal marriages because it's hard-coded in the government type for some reason.

It is a bit messed up. In my Ghana Republic game I was able to matrilineal marry by right clicking on the portrait instead of the wedding rings. I did need to invite eligible suitors to the court first as that marry option seems to only look locally.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Forming a custom empire is still a stupidly tall order compared to custom kingdoms.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Funky Valentine posted:

Forming a custom empire is still a stupidly tall order compared to custom kingdoms.

yeah, the prestige requirement is way too much

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Elias_Maluco posted:

yeah, the prestige requirement is way too much
My last ruler died at 7500 prestige.

I said gently caress it and just formed titular Maghreb (which apparently only requires you to hold all of the Duchy of Marrakesh).

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
Did my first heir ratfucking today. My first born was a useless sack of poo poo with 0 Diplo so I kept sending him on doomed raids, sending cash money to his plotters, and antagonizing him but nothing was working. Finally got the idea to excommunicate him, which after a couple of bribes to the pope worked perfectly. Was able to imprison and force to take vows pretty easily because I never gave him land. Now I have my preferred heir but unfortunately he hates me because I've been loving his wife and had two kids with her that he is now raising. I burst out laughing when I saw cuckolded -80.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Is it possible to create a 2nd bloodline after you've made one with 5000+ prestige?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Ugh, my wife is landed, paranoid, and is hiding away all our kids so they get poo poo education, and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to interact with them.

Brown Moses posted:

Is it possible to create a 2nd bloodline after you've made one with 5000+ prestige?

Not on the same character, no.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Weird, I keep get 5k prestige but it's not triggering the bloodline ambition on new characters.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Brown Moses posted:

Weird, I keep get 5k prestige but it's not triggering the bloodline ambition on new characters.

Pretty sure you can't get the ambition again while you have an ambition-generated bloodline. Away from the scripts atm, but I'm pretty sure a dev confirmed that back when the dev diary was posted

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Might be.
You also have to be older than 40 (or 30) I think. Or for some special bloodlines you have to reach 5000 prestige while still a kid.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

Ugh, my wife is landed, paranoid, and is hiding away all our kids so they get poo poo education, and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to interact with them.

Have you considered murder

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Kaza42 posted:

Pretty sure you can't get the ambition again while you have an ambition-generated bloodline. Away from the scripts atm, but I'm pretty sure a dev confirmed that back when the dev diary was posted

That's correct from what I remember seeing in the decision files. It requires you to not have any forged bloodlines, but there is nothing stopping you from later merging two or more of them.

I've started picking divine marriage when I reform pagan religions just to make merging bloodlines easier.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Stairmaster posted:

Have you considered murder

She's hiding too, so it's tricky.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Role-playing as the Bene Gesserit as a Zoroastrian is awesome. I've reformed the Persian Empire and my current heir has 6 bloodlines on him, plus I have another 4 bloodlines cooking on other family members that I'll eventually matri-marry into my main line if a daughter is my heir.

I'm going to breed the Kwisatz Haderach and make him the Sashoyant and have it not just be hyperbole.

edit: Or I might just switch to Enatic once I get the Enatic succession bloodline on a character so I don't have to wait for female heirs. Girl power! :black101:

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Kaza42 posted:

You cannot. But nothing stops you from creating more with your dynasty, so if you're using elective, tanistry or eldership go nuts if you did enough prepwork and landed your dynasty widely

Just have to make sure you keep enough holdings open, have enough cash and be prepared to yell when ANOTHER loving REBELLION COUNTS AGAINST PEACE WHAT THE UTTER gently caress IS THIS GARBAGE AHHHHHHHH

axeil posted:

Role-playing as the Bene Gesserit as a Zoroastrian is awesome. I've reformed the Persian Empire and my current heir has 6 bloodlines on him, plus I have another 4 bloodlines cooking on other family members that I'll eventually matri-marry into my main line if a daughter is my heir.

I'm going to breed the Kwisatz Haderach and make him the Sashoyant and have it not just be hyperbole.

edit: Or I might just switch to Enatic once I get the Enatic succession bloodline on a character so I don't have to wait for female heirs. Girl power! :black101:
Enatic is no joke super great for it because matrimarriages keep all bloodlines

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I don't see how I'm deserving of the nickname "Son of Satan" when a dynasty member is outed as a devil worshipper, and I'm forced to burn them.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Broken Cog posted:

I don't see how I'm deserving of the nickname "Son of Satan" when a dynasty member is outed as a devil worshipper, and I'm forced to burn them.

Yeah getting the kinslayer for that one shouldn't happen, I know I've gotten it just by not paying close enough attention. I mean, it wasn't me who did it, it was god.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I just had 4 emperors assassinated in a row within 5 years, and the fifth emperor, who I'm pretty sure was behind it all, immediately got his head chopped off during a Warrior Lodge duelling mission.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Woah, the amount of gold, prestige and piety you get for scoring first in a crusade is kinda nuts. :eyepop:

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Broken Cog posted:

Not on the same character, no.

I managed to get the alexander bloodline on the same character as I did one of the vile tyrant type ambition event chain ones, before the pope made everything explode.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Broken Cog posted:

Woah, the amount of gold, prestige and piety you get for scoring first in a crusade is kinda nuts. :eyepop:

also treasury items

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

TomViolence posted:

I managed to get the alexander bloodline on the same character as I did one of the vile tyrant type ambition event chain ones, before the pope made everything explode.

The Alexander bloodline isn't considered the same as an ambition bloodline. You're only restricted from gaining bloodlines specifically from taking the ambition - any other bloodline can still be created through events. Up in the thread I posted a Ragnarr screenshot who founded two more bloodlines after doing the ambition.

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

She's hiding too, so it's tricky.

Raid her and hope to take her prisoner when sacking her castle?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Why did the Pope end the Crusade when we were only -30 percent warscore? I had just arrived in the warzone and was ready to kick infidel butt :(

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Meet the Kwisatz Haderach, who took over after her whole family minus her brother and sister died in the Black Plague and all-around amazing result of breeding. Featuring 8 Different bloodlines :stare:

I honestly have no idea how she survived the Black Plague as I forgot to close the gates when playing as her mom because half the empire revolted after the Saoshyant died and everyone got infected except her and her brother. Her sister was the only person in the family to get the Black Death and survive. Mom died in a coma right as she was coming down with Black Death symptoms so I missed the achievement for dying from the Black Death.

Most of the breeding lines died out because of the Black Death but I still have one dude in his 50s that has Ragnar's blood so I'm hoping he and my still-living sister can get a baby out that continues the bloodline because it took forever to get someone with Ragnar's blood into my court.

bonus: her grandpa the Saoshyant and the Karen Empire at slightly less than its maximum extent. I made Syria, Arabia and Transoxlana independent after I didn't need the land for the Saoshyant activation and I won a Great Holy War for Syria. I also granted the area around Bolghar independence but the nomads ate it up very quickly.

Islam is also basically dead as a religion as Egypt converted to Zoroastrian to end a Holy War and the Umayyad Caliphate is getting beaten back in Spain/North Africa.

It is very annoying that Arabia has the same color :argh:

Oh and the Saoshyant was also the head of the Satanists which I found highly amusing.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
How exactly do you merge bloodlines if they're not matrilineally transferable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

axeil posted:

Meet the Kwisatz Haderach, who took over after her whole family minus her brother and sister died in the Black Plague and all-around amazing result of breeding. Featuring 8 Different bloodlines :stare:

Women can't be the Kwisatz Haderach! She's abomination!