Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you thankful for?
This poll is closed.
Video games (sincere) 44 10.89%
Video games (ironic) 14 3.47%
Video games (the mod) 74 18.32%
Video games (but only for my platform of choice) 10 2.48%
Video games (but only the one game I play) 13 3.22%
Video games (but only the ones I played as a kid) 17 4.21%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (sincere) 38 9.41%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (ironic) 14 3.47%
Bowsette 117 28.96%
That this Bowsette meme seems to be dying 63 15.59%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Pretty happy I quit Metal Gear after its perfect ending with 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Then again, Eva

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Yeah that wasn't great

Small comfort Snake ended up with a lot of the same treatment

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Eva was great. She used my horniness to steal all my poo poo and disposed of me like trash at the end

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Black August posted:

Pretty happy I quit Metal Gear after its perfect ending with 3

MGS3 was the last great Metal Gear. It isn't a coincidence that it was the last MGS Fukushima was involved with. Once Fukushima left the series was doomed to Kojima's excesses and has sucked ever since.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I will at least respect the grift Kojima is pulling on Sony, if not much else about him.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If I don't get to see Mads Mikkelsen's dick I'm not buying death stranding

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Have people decided to stop pretending that MGS4 was a good game like we have with GTA4?

Also for all the issues MGSV had with Quiet, her boss fight was one of the best in the series.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

MGS4 was cool for the camo system and

That was it, that was all, just port its adaptive camo system to 3 and pretend 4 never happened

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
At least 4 begat Rising, yea?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Samuringa posted:

I can't imagine not playing a Trauma Center on a DS, it is so precise. Zipping that stitching like nothing, using the scalpel like a psychopath, scrubbing the green sauce like I'm a professional masseuse

the wii version accounts for the imprecision, and also lets you change tools with the nunchuck which feels great. plus there are difficulty modes so you don't get stonewalled by the lovely heart worm

Himuro posted:

Man, maybe I'm crazy here (I am) but I really, really prefer reading a physical book to ebooks. I haven't been a regular reader since I jumped on Kindle's. It hasn't been the same since. But I haven't able to put down my copy of Flow My Tears today. I can read it at the stop light, I can read it while waiting for service at the bank, and it's easy to bring with me and I'm not bogged down with so many options available on my phone or whatever. I'm able to focus more readily on the book. I just find it far more enjoyable. Also, it's more fun going into an actual bookstore and socializing to find something.

nah as someone who works in a bookstore this post is pretty dope

Rarity posted:

Wow, that Triti strain of GUILT can gently caress right off

lol there's my least favorite operation

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Himuro posted:

Have people decided to stop pretending that MGS4 was a good game like we have with GTA4?

Also for all the issues MGSV had with Quiet, her boss fight was one of the best in the series.

i wanted to beat the hard mode version of that to unlock her sniper wolf outfit but got so fed up with her ohko shots that i just brought in a tank

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
The past few weeks a lizard has been getting into my apartment. He likes to hide out and use his camouflage on the shades near my couch. I keep taking him out and putting him outside and he keeps coming back. This time when I took him out I told him that if he came back one more time I would have to kill him.

He hasn't come back yet.

Looper posted:

nah as someone who works in a bookstore this post is pretty dope

Neat! I'll ask you for help then.

Is there a highly regarded list of what were considered the best books of the 20th century? When I think of film I think of AFI’s for instance. Is there a good and reliable one for books?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The lizard was probably eating bugs in your apartment. You will wish your lizard friend was guarding you when flies are buzzing around your head

Alternatively, it just came in cause your building is warmer than the outside

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

cheetah7071 posted:

The lizard was probably eating bugs in your apartment. You will wish your lizard friend was guarding you when flies are buzzing around your head

Alternatively, it just came in cause your building is warmer than the outside

I don't want salmonella though. Sorry lizard-san. Also, what if he poops? How am I going to throw away his lizard poop?

Is there any way to make Mr. Lizard to come back?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

At least 4 begat Rising, yea?

:hmmyes: MGS4 best Metal Gear confirmed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MGS4 is awesome.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Himuro posted:

Agreed, I won by airdropping a supply pallet on her

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Every Metal Gear Solid is cool and good.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Agreed, I won by airdropping a supply pallet on her
I've seen that mentioned in lots of reviews but never managed to do it. She notices incoming supplies and moves unless you're also distracting her in some other way so it's not as simple as it seems.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chev posted:

I've seen that mentioned in lots of reviews but never managed to do it. She notices incoming supplies and moves unless you're also distracting her in some other way so it's not as simple as it seems.

They patched it out

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Well I guess that boss fight is no longer one of the best in the series!

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

In Training posted:

They patched it out
Must've been a pretty early patch though, I played it as it came out.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I played a bunch more Hitman today and it's safe to say I really like it now. I spent all day just in Paris, got 20 mastery and did a good chunk of the challenges. It was hard to decide what balance I wanted for the Challenges/Opportunities, in the end I started out not looking at them at all, then used some challenge names to give me a few more ideas. Once I felt like I was out of ideas I checked the last two Opportunities and discovered that I hadn't been as aggressive at making sure I visited every inch of the map as I should have been. I like that it's easy to change the options for how much info those give you so I can spend most of the time exploring on my own and then get a push in the direction of stuff I missed at the end.

I think I'll move on to Sapienza next and save escalations and other stuff for later... I guess. There's just so much stuff to do holy poo poo

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Every Metal Gear Solid is cool and good.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I keep remembering games I played this year and editing them into my post, man I played a lot of games this year. Good year for video games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

I played a bunch more Hitman today and it's safe to say I really like it now. I spent all day just in Paris, got 20 mastery and did a good chunk of the challenges. It was hard to decide what balance I wanted for the Challenges/Opportunities, in the end I started out not looking at them at all, then used some challenge names to give me a few more ideas. Once I felt like I was out of ideas I checked the last two Opportunities and discovered that I hadn't been as aggressive at making sure I visited every inch of the map as I should have been. I like that it's easy to change the options for how much info those give you so I can spend most of the time exploring on my own and then get a push in the direction of stuff I missed at the end.

I think I'll move on to Sapienza next and save escalations and other stuff for later... I guess. There's just so much stuff to do holy poo poo

Those escalations are from like 2 years of habitual updates, don't feel the need to be completionist with them since it's a staggering amount of game to try and consume, especially with so many other awesome maps to try out

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

Those escalations are from like 2 years of habitual updates, don't feel the need to be completionist with them since it's a staggering amount of game to try and consume, especially with so many other awesome maps to try out

Yeah exactly, I'll focus on the main missions for now and then see what else I feel like doing

Favorite assassination in this first level was triggering a lockdown with the bodyguard's phone and then dropping a chandelier on both victims at once after they ran right to me :twisted:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If I remember right they were releasing an escalation every week and elusive targets weren't a thing until like Marrakesh so there's a billion of escalations for Paris/Sapienza (I really like them)

It was fun checking in every week, I really thought the episodic thing was perfect for Hitman

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Nov 28, 2018

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
No, they had elusive targets early on, they just frontloaded a bunch to Paris so most people could play them.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
You can drop supply boxes on quiet in your first match with her, but in the extreme rematch in chapter 2, the supply drop trick does not work unless you have extremely good timing and can trick her into shooting at you so that she is stuck looking down her scope at you while the supply box dropped on her

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Legend of Zelda: Does Link Ever Kiss A Girl?

Like, not cheek but lips. And who made the first move. Who was it? Please let it be Zelda :)! (I'm Sorry! Link and Zelda NEED to be together. It makes me mad if Link doesn't go with her cause he's the one always saving her and crap and suddenly a girl comes out of nowhere and barely helps him and gets his heart. IT WOULDN'T MAKE SINCE!)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I exclusively ship link with fish and trees

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

The 7th Guest posted:

Like, not cheek but lips. And who made the first move. Who was it? Please let it be Zelda :)! (I'm Sorry! Link and Zelda NEED to be together. It makes me mad if Link doesn't go with her cause he's the one always saving her and crap and suddenly a girl comes out of nowhere and barely helps him and gets his heart. IT WOULDN'T MAKE SINCE!)

link's true love is prince sidon

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The 7th Guest posted:

Link is not "fully functional"

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Minish Cap Zelda was totally down as I recall.

precision posted:

Rude.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

precision posted:

actually link has a dick, and its huge

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah exactly, I'll focus on the main missions for now and then see what else I feel like doing

Favorite assassination in this first level was triggering a lockdown with the bodyguard's phone and then dropping a chandelier on both victims at once after they ran right to me :twisted:

have you played a hitman before? blood money is also super good!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Linkle is actually Link's girlfriend who borrows his clothes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I didn't really play a lot of new games this year. The ones I did play were Spider-Man, God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2, Kirby Star Allies, FighterZ, Spyro Reignited, and Fist of the North Star.

But, of literally everything I played this year for the first time my list would probably be:

1. System Shock 2
2. Super Metroid
3. Mega Man X
4. Super Mario Odyssey
5. Kirby Super Star
6. Metroid Prime 2
7. Halo: Reach
8. Halo 3: ODST
9. Halo 3
10. Prey

I also played probably way too much of Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition.

• Locked thread