Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I hope we get to see how much of a devastating apocalypse it would be for half of the people in the world to instantly die at complete random. Half the airline pilots in the air. Half the doctors. Half the people driving vehicles. Half the emergency response personnel. Half the food growers and harvesters. Half of the people that keep the complex machinery of global society moving. There would be revolts. The balance of power would change all over the world on a scale and speed never before conceived.

It would basically be that HBO show about the rapture, but with the addition of a few depressed superheroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
it will be 45 seconds of completely dejected heroes set to that one donnie darko song

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Time for yet another Spider-Man spin-off

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1067506849035874304

(If you get the stupid countdown before getting to the news like I did)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
jessica drew, gwen stacy, annie may? mayday? maybe this is the rumored cindy moon project?

site fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 27, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's a stealth Aunt May movie.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
you joke but they did just make spider-maam a real thing lol

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Reminder that before the leak stuff, Sony was planning on a Young Aunt May as a Spy movie. Nothing is impossible

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

SlimGoodbody posted:

I hope we get to see how much of a devastating apocalypse it would be for half of the people in the world to instantly die at complete random. Half the airline pilots in the air. Half the doctors. Half the people driving vehicles. Half the emergency response personnel. Half the food growers and harvesters. Half of the people that keep the complex machinery of global society moving. There would be revolts. The balance of power would change all over the world on a scale and speed never before conceived.

It would basically be that HBO show about the rapture, but with the addition of a few depressed superheroes.

It's not even that meticulously halved, we could lose all of the doctors and keep all of the Twitch Streamers, it's indiscriminate.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Samuringa posted:

Gonna be 2 minutes of Thanos tending to his little farm while Raindrops Falling on My Head plays

It should just be a recreation of this scene, but with Thanos.

https://youtu.be/nVmXsBNfwHY?t=110

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

site posted:

jessica drew, gwen stacy, annie may? mayday? maybe this is the rumored cindy moon project?

It's an Anya Corazon movie, I just know it!

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Sgt. Politeness posted:

It's not even that meticulously halved, we could lose all of the doctors and keep all of the Twitch Streamers, it's indiscriminate.

Bold choice for them to go straight horror, I'm intrigued

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

Reminder that before the leak stuff, Sony was planning on a Young Aunt May as a Spy movie. Nothing is impossible

Also the "cool and rad and clean" MIB/21 Jump Street mash up.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

It's a stealth Aunt May movie.

Hush your mouth, unless they hear you and option Trouble for a major motion picture!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I've been working on a new thread. I'll drop it when the Avengers trailer drops or the end of the month.

Make your peace with this phase of the SACU.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Little Mac posted:

Coulda had better writing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Little Mac posted:

I've been working on a new thread. I'll drop it when the Avengers trailer drops or the end of the month.

I’m just here for the post credit stinger

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

BrianWilly posted:

Coulda had better writing.

Honestly, I know there was some behind the scenes stuff with Edgar WrightWaterhaul but I think Peyton Reed X-O has taken the reigns and done a better job than we could have anticipated.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Little Mac posted:

I'm going to both dread and run from it

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Little Mac posted:

Star Wars.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I heard they’re rebooting Rhyno as a married guy who doesn’t work at a comic store. As a single guy that sometimes works at a comic store, I am personally offended.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I hated most of the characters but I'll also be mad if any of them don't return

(In particular, I've been unimpressed with SlimGoodbody's characterization and felt he largely phoned it in)

SlimGoodbody fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Nov 28, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's alright but the CineD thread has better visual storytelling.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

It's alright but the CineD thread has better visual storytelling.

None of those characters feel even remotely human and the narrative thinks it's much smarter than it is

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The shoehorning in of sjw posters is really hamfisted i agree

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I thought the producers were way off base in thinking that showing Teenage Fanbase's butt a lot would bring in the coveted 15-35 demographic.

Also, clearly Madkal was the only person aware of what kind of thread/movie this was and was devouring it like the best ham ever, which is really against his type as he is Jewish.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
It would be a blessing if the production company shuts down before the new phase begins.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

SlimGoodbody posted:

I hated most of the characters but I'll also be mad if any of them don't return

(In particular, I've been unimpressed with SlimGoodbody's characterization and felt he largely phoned it in)

SlimGoodbody beats his misguided clone to death while crying.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Little Mac posted:

I just don't feel like it has any stakes without any of the main characters dying.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Please, everyone knows they only ever kill off forgettable side characters.

AW gently caress!!

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

SlimGoodbody beats his misguided clone to death while crying.

This is from before the reboot and is thusly not canon

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Marriage Night posted:

I heard they’re rebooting Rhyno as a married guy who doesn’t work at a comic store. As a single guy that sometimes works at a comic store, I am personally offended.

2008 Rhyno was grim and gritty (and fat). The 2018 reboot doesn't sell as well but has better overall critical response.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Rhyno posted:

2008 Rhyno was grim and gritty (and fat). The 2018 reboot doesn't sell as well but has better overall critical response.

They kept his defining character trait of "troublingly horny" so at least they're true to the original

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SlimGoodbody posted:

They kept his defining character trait of "troublingly horny" so at least they're true to the original

I learned from Hellboy that a belt sander is the best way to keep horn growth under control.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Uhg! Quote is not edit I'm so loving expendable

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Nov 28, 2018

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I think the next OP should be Idris Elba

no wait Gina Carano

but she's a bad actress

but she was great in Haywire

gently caress you no gently caress you.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I hope they finally cast Brock Lesnar as Gavok.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I heard Aranofsky and Del Toro were both attached to direct but pulled out and now the thread is going to be directed by Ratner.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

I hope they finally cast Brock Lesnar as Gavok.

Let's do THIIIIS?!?!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Only very tangentially connected to comic movies, but Wreck it Ralph 2 is pretty okay. I think the first one was better, mostly becausce the quest in 2 is really kinda boring. The GTA Style game they're in is pretty cool and the scene where Vanillope is with the Princesses is by far the best part of the movie.

If you've seen it you know why its sorta connected, outside of like the obvious Disney owning marvel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The next thread starts with an awkward collage of all the main posters, none of whom actually post in the thread.

Haha, the Dark Universe.

• Locked thread