Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
her Ferguson tweets are going around again now :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Grav is also going through the elite forum at the moment and scrubbing posts. Not a good look, friend.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if kevinddr is someone who was in it for a bit and then left couldn't someone just, like, ask him if it's true

this seems like a very simple thing if it hasn't already been done

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Boogalo posted:

Grav is also going through the elite forum at the moment and scrubbing posts. Not a good look, friend.

Oh poo poo, proof?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I knew the Pvtcb maga hat bullshit was only the tip of the iceberg.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
here's what I would do:

clarify that rwhitegoose was not invited to GDQ, will never be welcome to the event, and this was never in question
(after research establishes the truth) specify that grav is no longer running at the event
apologize genuinely and profusely about the 'differing opinions' statement and get a new pr person so that gently caress up isn't repeated

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Studio posted:

Oh poo poo, proof?

https://forums.the-elite.net/index.php?topic=21749.msg444493#msg444493

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
feel free to steal that plan coolmatty

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
tweeted that link and screencap at coolmatty

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

someone not on a phone wayback archive that and see what it used to say

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

scroll down slightly

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/RedlineSSB/status/1067638852897202177

drat beaten

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:dhKqfUuTnDMJ:https://forums.the-elite.net/index.php%3Ftopic%3D21749.0

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

speedrunning how quickly you can make it obvious that you're actually a shitlord

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/RedlineSSB/status/1067639731729637377

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Yeah, unfortunately it's in Pizzaparty's nature to start poo poo rather than actually trying to maturely solve problems? This is part of the reason they probably don't trust the source that much to start with.

She didnt find the pics. A runner named ohrami did. Ohrami was banned from the elite and had his runs removed for insinuating he was a pedophile on :reddit: , ohrami responded with 'why are my runs removed if you are literally a nazi', took the screenshots, and created this mexican standoff of insane brokebrains. The elite capitulated and Ohrami got his records back in lol.

/r/speedrun had the pics for a few days, cyberdemon just had a popular tweet thread at gdq

And thats your 'i am ashamed i even still follow this' update

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Johnny Joestar posted:

speedrunning how quickly you can make it obvious that you're actually a shitlord

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

*gdq voice* differing opinions

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Johnny Joestar posted:

*gdq voice* differing opinions

MANY SIDES

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

:yooge: Thankfully America is the best country in the world at assimilating its immigrants, but at a certain point that quality will start to diminish. As long as Muslims remain <2% of our country, there shouldn't be a problem.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Yikes. Even worse than I thought he might've been.

Sometimes I feel like I give people the benefit of the doubt too much.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
*regurgitates literal islamophobic propaganda*

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

it feels like this guy isn't very good at doing edits. or maybe there's just too much wildly racist bullshit

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

gdq speedrunning how quickly they can wrap this up and move on

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

eke out posted:

it feels like this guy isn't very good at doing edits. or maybe there's just too much wildly racist bullshit

He's probably manually going through his post history as fast as he can.
Too bad he didn't have time to practice speedrunning that.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

eke out posted:

https://twitter.com/EmptyeyeDotCom/status/1067642012168609792

was just about to post that

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
haha racist chuds trying to cover their boners with napkins. gently caress them all and gently caress DGQ for trying to cater to this poo poo.

btw i love u all unless you're a bigot.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

Taking damage to hate crime

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
well im glad GDQ performed such a thorough investigation into whether milkshake duck was a racist

oh

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

FirstAidKite posted:

Taking damage to hate crime

meant to clip through a wall and accidentally clipped out of the AGDQ2019 schedule

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

like, we're probably due some ragging on gdq at this point because realistically they could have actually waited a bit longer and taken some time to sort this out instead of speedrunning how quickly they can put their foot in their mouth and pull out the 'differing opinions' line in regards to vile poo poo. if the situation gets handled in a satisfactory way no one is going to be saying 'wow it really sucks that gdq took 9 hours instead of 6 to make a statement on this'

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Johnny Joestar posted:

like, we're probably due some ragging on gdq at this point because realistically they could have actually waited a bit longer and taken some time to sort this out instead of speedrunning how quickly they can put their foot in their mouth and pull out the 'differing opinions' line in regards to vile poo poo. if the situation gets handled in a satisfactory way no one is going to be saying 'wow it really sucks that gdq took 9 hours instead of 6 to make a statement on this'

Yeah they hosed up.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

actually, i don't know why i gave like a 3 hour time window there when it took about 30 minutes for mister 'muslims are okay if less than 2% of the population' graviton's posts to all be unearthed after the gdq statement so i mean

whatever. we shaved 2 and a half hours off that estimate. get HYPE

can we get a kappa in chat please

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Honestly the post "this is bad if true but we can't act on it because it's falsifiable, send more evidence of you have it" would be fine, the dumb equivocation line is the problem.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
The thing is the statement isn’t even equivocating per se, it’s “we don’t ban for differing opinions, but don’t allow harassment” followed by a seperate tweet of “this would count as more than opinions if we could verify it”

it’s just the term “differing opinions” has turned basically into a dogwhistle “nazi sympathizer over here” so having that in the same sentence, paragraph, or tweet is gonna come off as “this is fine” by default

the phrasing was a poor choice but that’s all (for now, unless they proceed to not act on the verified stuff, in which case I retract the above)

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/GamesDoneQuick/status/1067649270730317825

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

:emptyquote:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/GamesDoneQuick/status/1067649270730317825?s=19

there we go

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

this whole mess could have been avoided if they didn't try to answer the problem as soon as humanly possible but then they wouldn't be a speedrun organization wouldn't they

i know basically those exact words have already been said but i am astounded that they just shrugged and went "idk" and within the next hour tons of other people shoved more evidence in their hands they couldn't be bothered to find in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol