Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

Badablack posted:

I have never seen an Emperor’s Children marine with a book. I doubt any of them remember how to read.

It looks like no text and just one giant picture of an 8 pointed star per page which is probably about their reading level....?

This made me think though that it could be the outside cover of a book that is blasting a bunch of arcane energy downward during a ritual or maybe just discarded on the ground. A new sorcerer maybe?

Sorry for the terrible snipe. Have a pic of WIP steel legion kill team member about to get a hug from a hormagaunt, watched by a creepy silver commissar fresh out of his dettol bath.

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Badablack posted:

I have never seen an Emperor’s Children marine with a book. I doubt any of them remember how to read.

It's an audiobook, the Chaos symbol is actually a speaker grill.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
It could be Word Bearer's related but that would be a long shot.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Cainer posted:

If a Primarch can fall anyone can fall.

That brings a good question. Can psychic nulls fall to Chaos?

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

ChezWagon posted:

This is a great kit bash. I really like the fluff of this army.

Is this a Tech priest mixed with genestealer bits?

Jetbike custodes, genestealer bits, and belesarius cawl.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Floppychop posted:

That brings a good question. Can psychic nulls fall to Chaos?

Lexicanicum and the 40k Wikia say "They are completely immune to daemonic possession and corruption by Chaos" but you'd think maybe they could be turned with physical rewards? Assuming any servant of Chaos could get close enough given their whole anti-psyker field effect?

nite_moogle
Jul 10, 2008

Stephenls posted:

Is that a loving Imperial(/Crimson) Fists upgrade sprue after all?

I thought it was probably just transfers after all at first, but the two guys immediately behind the Captain have spotters sticking out of their backpacks, and the Intercessor Sergeant on the front left has a power fist.
I really should have read the thread before dropping $150 on shapeways yesterday. Oh well, the Aggressors still need 3D insignias on those weirdo pauldrons.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

I thought it was the Silent Sister's that had the null field?

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Nulls can be affected by psychic powers with enough constant exposure but even that has a caveat. In Ravenor his null had a limiter an was next to a kid psyker for weeks or longer. Eventually the kid channeled his mind through him.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

nite_moogle posted:

I really should have read the thread before dropping $150 on shapeways yesterday. Oh well, the Aggressors still need 3D insignias on those weirdo pauldrons.

Typically the upgrade sprue has Aggressor pads

mccnaol
May 26, 2018
Rescued these guys from eBay, stripped them and now repainting them for my bloodaxes. It's all the base coats done. Still got shading and highlights to do.

The back story for them is that since they are the old metal models they have bought old meganobz armour from some badmoons who have nice, new shiny armour. The bloodaxe nobz have tried to camouflage the armour in their own Orky way. Might be one of the worst colours for camouflage but they believe it works and that's all that matters 😂

Science Rocket
Sep 4, 2006

Putting the Flash in Flash Man

Badablack posted:

The EC First Captain read a book and it helped him fall to Slaanesh further. 100% fact

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

nite_moogle posted:

The Primaris upgrade sprues always have six shoulder pads sized for Intercessors and Hellblasters (five regular and one sergeant) and three shoulder pads sized for Aggressors (two regular and one sergeant).

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

Hixson posted:

Hey cool squat. Is this one of the dudes I sent you ages ago?
I believe it is one of the Squat Pirates you sent! Thank you once again - I love all of them, and they see plenty of tabletop time.

This may seem like a long overdue update to those who have seen the model, but I actually honestly just finally finished my Imperial Knight now. Carno Taurus (aka Meat Bull) has been sitting at 99% done forever, and converting the "Stormspear Rocket Pod" on his back finally gave me the incentive to finish.

Added a bunch of blacklining, rust splotches, silver highlights, and assorted small details. The whole model looks much sharper and has significantly more pop to it. Very happy to finally have him finished!

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

That Knight is so loving rad, holy poo poo

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Drive me closer so I can shoot them with my adorable bow and arrow.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Drive me closer so I can shoot them with my adorable bow and arrow.
*arrow embeds in a Helbrute sarcophagus with a solid thunk*

Helbrute: HAHAHA, you think a wooden arrow can stop me, destroyer of worl-

*the melta charge attached to the arrow detonates*

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Motherfucker this loving owns

gently caress

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Inspector_666 posted:

After a few games with my Death Guard Kill Team I wanted to add some options, so I bought some loose sprues from Dark Imperium and bashed one of the dudes into a Great Plague Cleaver. Looking forward to 2+ to wound against pretty much everything and re-rolling 1s.

I'm not looking forward to figuring out how to fit him in my carrying case. I foresee a pin vise and some wiring in my future here.

Primed and started painting these guys tonight and the cleaver is way sturdier than I thought it would be for just being glued on there, that's a pleasant surprise.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Inspector_666 posted:

Primed and started painting these guys tonight and the cleaver is way sturdier than I thought it would be for just being glued on there, that's a pleasant surprise.

This looks real good. I ended up using the oozong bubotic axe on this same model as a counts as cleaver.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Injuryprone posted:

This looks real good. I ended up using the oozong bubotic axe on this same model as a counts as cleaver.

Thanks! I thought about doing that but in the end the sheer size of the cleaver won me over. It actually hangs down past the top of the base :v:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I don't think I've ever heard of a fallen custodian.

Yeah, Chaos hate it when people try to clean up the blood and puke and demon guts

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Booley posted:

Typically the upgrade sprue has Aggressor pads

I am super glad someone pointed out the possibility of this upgrade sprue existing before I bought the Forge World termie pads for my Aggressors.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
Squared up against another mates Orks with my Fists again, it was a hilarious game of see who's vehicles could explode and kill the most models.

This is the final wound on my Redemptor being taken by a suicidal Deffkoptor, the resulting explosions mortal wounds are marked via the red dice on each unit.... we had a good giggle.

Ork Battlewagons really are a terror cutting about packed with mean things, they will be in your face dropping hurt turn 2 no matter what. The Helverans are so god drat reliable and such a good plug in for the weak spots in marine lists as well.
The man of the match for my dudes was my ironclad dread with dual heavy flamers and another flamer just burning whole units by himself and then charging and wrecking exposed characters, he did eventually go down to the warboss.

All in all Orks are great to play against and I am so lucky to have bros with fully painted armies full of them.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I very much appreciate the nod to RT era Knights vs Dinosaurs fluff.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
I was able to steal a decent camera for a pic of my Armiger, please ignore the giant pie plate, when I halved the forge boxset for them I forgot to grab the bases and the guy moved away so they're on Onager pie plates till I can order the right ones. I really enjoyed painting these dudes and am thinking of jumping in and grabbing a box of Helverins to get a decent detachment with their house traditions intact. It would not only look cool but also give me some much needed anti-air for my Sisters.

Has anyone used Helverins? How well do they work for you?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Cainer posted:

Tons of people use Helverins. They have good mobility and punch for their point cost and you often see them added into Super Heavy detachments to fill after you have a regular Knight to get some CP.

A flat 3 damage can achieve some real results pretty quickly, even against high armored models. They’re a solid elite infantry and light tank hunter, but don’t expect them to get great results at >T8.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

BuffaloChicken posted:

I believe it is one of the Squat Pirates you sent! Thank you once again - I love all of them, and they see plenty of tabletop time.

This may seem like a long overdue update to those who have seen the model, but I actually honestly just finally finished my Imperial Knight now. Carno Taurus (aka Meat Bull) has been sitting at 99% done forever, and converting the "Stormspear Rocket Pod" on his back finally gave me the incentive to finish.

Added a bunch of blacklining, rust splotches, silver highlights, and assorted small details. The whole model looks much sharper and has significantly more pop to it. Very happy to finally have him finished!

Hell yeah this whips rear end.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Giant skull trophies on giant robots is A+

That model rules

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Cainer posted:

PierreTheMime posted:

Tons of people use Helverins. They have good mobility and punch for their point cost and you often see them added into Super Heavy detachments to fill after you have a regular Knight to get some CP.

A flat 3 damage can achieve some real results pretty quickly, even against high armored models. They’re a solid elite infantry and light tank hunter, but don’t expect them to get great results at >T8.

To add to that, Helverins work best in groups of at least two, preferably three. One Helverin is annoying, but as you up the volume of fire they get much more effective and you can shrug off the loss of one Helverin easier. And you will lose them because T7 W12 3+/5++ really doesn't hold up against enemy anti-tank fire for very long.

For advanced usage, consider pairing a trio of Helverins with a Knight Preceptor that has the Helm Dominatus. That'll get your Helverins a +1 to hit against a target within 24" of the artifact, as long as the Helverins are within 6" of it. The Preceptor itself allows all Armigers within 6" of it (notice the synergy there) to re-roll '1s'. Which means you're looking at 12d3 shots from your three Helverins hitting on 2s, re-rolling 1s! :commissar:

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Cainer posted:

I was able to steal a decent camera for a pic of my Armiger, please ignore the giant pie plate, when I halved the forge boxset for them I forgot to grab the bases and the guy moved away so they're on Onager pie plates till I can order the right ones. I really enjoyed painting these dudes and am thinking of jumping in and grabbing a box of Helverins to get a decent detachment with their house traditions intact. It would not only look cool but also give me some much needed anti-air for my Sisters.

I use Helverins in my current tournament list. They are awesome and pour out a ton of fire. As long as you can keep them from getting charged, they're great. Definitely take the advice of jng2058 and run them in squads of 2 or 3. Keep them way at the back if you can. Their range is massive.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Helverins wreck my slow nurgle DG/daemon army so bad I can't even, loving, christ. And then with the knight. My babies.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Helverins wreck my slow nurgle DG/daemon army so bad I can't even, loving, christ. And then with the knight. My babies.

I've found that Blight-Haulers help level the playing field a little bit.

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.
Some blight haulers definitely hosed up my armiger (after some admittedly awful rolling) the other day. Failing a 6" charge that you also re-rolled feels like a sign.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I really don't like knights and what they've done to the meta. Fortunately I don't see a ton in my local meta, so it's not like I have a legitimate beef, I just think they're big and dumb.

Also Kill Team is still a lot of fun, but I suspect luck has been on my side quite a bit lately, considering Deathwatch loses 20% of its team with every death. I've been able to keep my squad mostly alive lately.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, but Knights look cool as hell. My knight army is legit the most fun I've had playing this game.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Knights rule but I am a little bored of mine. Waiting to see what CA does to my horrible space elves.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Trip report: You guys were right, the Redemptor Dread IS fun to paint! I think I'm going to use him to give some anti-infantry support to my hellblasters and devestators :)

(no pics yet because it isn't quite ready)

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Zuul the Cat posted:

Yeah, but Knights look cool as hell. My knight army is legit the most fun I've had playing this game.

While I don't deny some knights look really good in dynamic poses, I'm in the minority it would seem in that I think they look bad, with big dumb tortoise shells.

Corrode posted:

Knights rule but I am a little bored of mine. Waiting to see what CA does to my horrible space elves.

I can't wait for CA, just so I can at least bring a few more Marines to die at the hands of space elves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Fake James posted:

I've found that Blight-Haulers help level the playing field a little bit.

It's like yackity sax trying to catch them, haulers got pretty lovely range besides the missiles.