Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Ok this might be a stupid question but I’m just going to ask it. Ive always been interested in doing the Secret Santa, but end up not doing it because it seems like it would be hard to shop for you guys or end up sending something you already have/wouldn’t like.
From the thread it seems like most of ya guys just get the stuff you want yourself. So is it hard to shop for fellow goons or am I overthinking this :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

DrChud posted:

Ok this might be a stupid question but I’m just going to ask it. Ive always been interested in doing the Secret Santa, but end up not doing it because it seems like it would be hard to shop for you guys or end up sending something you already have/wouldn’t like.
From the thread it seems like most of ya guys just get the stuff you want yourself. So is it hard to shop for fellow goons or am I overthinking this :confused:

On the signup sheet you can post a wishlist, and say some other stuff about yourself such as shirt size, favorite transformers era, and other interests so your Secret Santa has a general idea of what you like.

You can also ask pointed questions here and your victimSecret Santee will be none the wiser.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Arcee, Cliffjumper, and Wheeljack in the background of the new Bumblebee footage. Travis Knight doing it up right.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Keldroc posted:

Arcee, Cliffjumper, and Wheeljack in the background of the new Bumblebee footage. Travis Knight doing it up right.

Somebody posted a comparison shot of Optimus from the first movie and this movie, and it's like night and day. Or like somebody knew the character from more than just rough description.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DoctorWhat posted:

That would be a phylactery and those are generally frowned-upon.

Please don't talk about my lactery.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Keldroc posted:

It's weird having a production where you can feel the person making it wants to make it as opposed to poo poo and piss on it then talk trash about the dinobots

I feel like I'm going to really enjoy this heartful fun movie and then it's going to fail as Aquaman crushes it in the box office and we can confirm we live in the derpiest timeline

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Phy posted:

Please don't talk about my lactery.

sorry, i didn't realize you were lactery-intolerant.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Spiderdrake posted:

And to think the MMC Deathsaurus' price tag is making me uncertain.

Speaking of! Which version are people most into? I like 'em both so I guess I'm waiting for coloured shots.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I don't buy much for myself normally, but being in a lot of stores and trying to keep a look out for the next wave is getting to me. I missed out on the chance to get Hot Spot while he was on shelves, so I jumped at the chance to get Inferno, but he's so gloomy. His face makes me think of John Kerry.

But hey, he's got a more bold and confident face to him, just a lil' flip round, and-

I even like how he has an actual head transformation to him! One of the disappointments to me about headmasters is that none of the actual headbits do any transforming, it's just a face+helmet backpack and all the details are just a bit of greebling, but this guy, he puts on a lil' red cap and-oh god politics ruins everything. :smith:

Taking these pictures also reminded me that I never managed to get the pictures I took of Generations BM Tankor pole dancing off of my phone. I need to try re-assembling my lamp to retake those.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The place that broke the $440 price rumor has refined their statement that it is possible that is the case price.

Couple people are theorizing that 3.0 won't ship with a trailer.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

The place that broke the $440 price rumor has refined their statement that it is possible that is the case price.

Couple people are theorizing that 3.0 won't ship with a trailer.

I am super okay with no trailer. Hell make it compatible with MP-10's trailer and call it a day. How much more improving can really be done to it?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

New toon accurate Prime obviously comes with a trailer that folds up inside him through mystery magic that costs $400 a pop

I'm pretty sure he's been shown with a new trailer so it'd be weird if he didn't ship with one, especially if they wanted nearly half a grand for it. And I thought £180 for mp10 with trailer was kind of a rip to begin with :v:

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Nov 28, 2018

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

SlothfulCobra posted:

I don't buy much for myself normally, but being in a lot of stores and trying to keep a look out for the next wave is getting to me. I missed out on the chance to get Hot Spot while he was on shelves, so I jumped at the chance to get Inferno, but he's so gloomy. His face makes me think of John Kerry.

He is, no joke, the best Voyager to come out of PotP. Which is sad, because he technically came out 2 to 3 years ago.
-Has no super obvious combiner grebbling (Ala Grimlock)
-has weapons for combined mode (unlike Elita-1, Grimlock, and Hun-grrr)
-All three modes are solid
-really good paint coverage, he is coated in the poo poo.
-looks good

Shame no one wants to buy him because he's a repaint and an odd man out.

DrChud posted:

Hope we have some time to go on the SS, just lost my job so I'm not sure if I can join this year.

Honestly don't worry to much about getting something "perfect," just getting something is pretty cool. Honestly for the SS I tend to like flavor gifts just as much as the stuff I asked for.

History Comes Inside! posted:

New toon accurate Prime obviously comes with a trailer that folds up inside him through mystery magic that costs $400 a pop

New Toon accurate Prime is just PotP leader Prime but with better paint.

Catellite
Apr 29, 2008

If <waves arm expansively> was legalized.

History Comes Inside! posted:

I'm pretty sure he's been shown with a new trailer so it'd be weird if he didn't ship with one, especially if they wanted nearly half a grand for it. And I thought £180 for mp10 with trailer was kind of a rip to begin with :v:

For maximum toon accuracy, he has no trailer in the box, but when you transform him one mysteriously sidles up behind him from off-screen.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Apparently that might be the price for a case of two, so $220 each?

Also, your dad came back from getting cigarettes.

https://twitter.com/thatsmytrunks/status/1067475550376271872

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
Anyone getting MP29+ and 36+?

I really like the new purple on Shockwave and don't have MP29 anyway so it's a definite for me. Wish he were a bit bigger, but that's far from a dealbreaker.

Not really feeling MP36+ so much. He seems designed to appeal to those who had the original Megatron toy, which is fine, but to me the normal MP36 is much more desirable.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

EthanSteele posted:

Speaking of! Which version are people most into? I like 'em both so I guess I'm waiting for coloured shots.

I wish they'd make a red version so I can have my Red Geist.

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

I really like the new purple on Shockwave and don't have MP29 anyway so it's a definite for me. Wish he were a bit bigger, but that's far from a dealbreaker.

Not really feeling MP36+ so much. He seems designed to appeal to those who had the original Megatron toy, which is fine, but to me the normal MP36 is much more desirable.

Hearing that it's basically impossible to transform mp-36 without some paint scratching made me less interested in it.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Neither, though I would have waited on MP-29+ if I'd had any indication that Takara was going to make him in the correct Grape Koolaid colour as well as the original Purplesaurus Rex.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Apparently that might be the price for a case of two, so $220 each?

Also, your dad came back from getting cigarettes.

https://twitter.com/thatsmytrunks/status/1067475550376271872

That looks awesome, I'd buy that bumblebee movie Prime when Wei Jiang OSKO it

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Eh, It looks like every other g1 prime only with slimmer legs and some grey vomited all over it.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
BBTS just put up the new MP Prime for preorder and lmao

There is a trailer though I guess

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
jump-up jesus on a pogo stick

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Fingers crossed it's a placeholder

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I don’t really mind duplicate figures, especially with vintage stuff.
I plan to write a longer post in here with likes and dislikes so my secret santer will have better ideas of where to go with it, though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Sexual Shiite posted:

I don’t really mind duplicate figures, especially with vintage stuff.
I plan to write a longer post in here with likes and dislikes so my secret santer will have better ideas of where to go with it, though.

I like that a lot of the legends grade stuff is sitting at that $20-30 mark these days, putting it firmly into Secret Santa territory.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
What basically are your options if you want an MP-level Shockwave? I don't know enough to comparison shop.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GD_American posted:

What basically are your options if you want an MP-level Shockwave? I don't know enough to comparison shop.

The official, not in toon and toy colors.
Fanstoys Quakewave
Cloud 9 Quakeblast (which despite what you will read, is not a KO of QW)

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Quakeblast is perfect.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Quakeblast doesn't have convenient spots for a toon-accurate wrist/forearm decal placement without having them look kind of crumpled, if that would bother you at all.

I've learned to ignore it but I might end up buying another one.

He is a cool toy though, good weight to him and he's nice and sturdy. Don't be fooled into thinking he doesn't have ankle tilts like I did for the first little while I owned him, the panels that clip into his legs and feet are just quite chunky and well fitted.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 28, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sba posted:

Quakeblast is perfect.

And if you shop around and are lucky, can be had for under $70.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Why would you even put it up for Preorder if you don't have any painted stills of it yet

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Burkion posted:

Why would you even put it up for Preorder if you don't have any painted stills of it yet

One store does it, they all do it. You don't want customers preordering on another site if they'd normally preorder on yours but couldn't because you didn't have the product up yet.

Expensivus Prime comes with a lot of stuff, it turns out.

Main body x 1 (Optimus Prime)
Compartment x 1 (Trailer)
Cabin anti-aircraft gun x 1
Small ball x 1 (Roller)
Energy axe x 1
Beam special effects x 2
Laser rifle x 1
Energy treasure x 1
Energy supply tube x 1
Spike x 1
Carly x 1
Spike Pula (Sparkplug) x 1
Rocket Backpack x 1
Starscream head x 1
Starscream Wings Accessories x 1
An Unknown Item x 1
Replacement Head Carving x 1
War Damage Head x 1
Battle Damage Chest Parts x 1
Character card x 1

Again with the Starscream head and wings. What a strange (and cost bumping) inclusion.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
...battle damage would be the only thing that'd get me to look at this figure with anything more than contempt.

Still not worth 500 bucks.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
That Carly is worth at least $250 so the price makes sense to me.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
So they're gonna release a budget version that just has Optimus, his weapons, and maybe the battle-damage parts, right? :ohdear:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

TaurusOxford posted:

So they're gonna release a budget version that just has Optimus, his weapons, and maybe the battle-damage parts, right? :ohdear:

I'm sure the garish limited edition repaints will be more barebones.

But cost the same

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Keldroc posted:

One store does it, they all do it. You don't want customers preordering on another site if they'd normally preorder on yours but couldn't because you didn't have the product up yet.

Expensivus Prime comes with a lot of stuff, it turns out.

Main body x 1 (Optimus Prime)
Compartment x 1 (Trailer)
Cabin anti-aircraft gun x 1
Small ball x 1 (Roller)
Energy axe x 1
Beam special effects x 2
Laser rifle x 1
Energy treasure x 1
Energy supply tube x 1
Spike x 1
Carly x 1
Spike Pula (Sparkplug) x 1
Rocket Backpack x 1
Starscream head x 1
Starscream Wings Accessories x 1
An Unknown Item x 1
Replacement Head Carving x 1
War Damage Head x 1
Battle Damage Chest Parts x 1
Character card x 1

Again with the Starscream head and wings. What a strange (and cost bumping) inclusion.

I'd like to see all those items in action.

... I'm probably going to wait on a KO though, honestly. I've never gone above USD $200 for a single Transformer item and, if I don't want to be killed in my sleep, I never will.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

It is indeed a bold strategy, Cotton. Especially considering it's attempting to replace one of the most universally praised molds in the brand's history. $440 for a slightly better take on a thing you're already happy with is a tough sell.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Keldroc posted:

It is indeed a bold strategy, Cotton. Especially considering it's attempting to replace one of the most universally praised molds in the brand's history. $440 for a slightly better take on a thing you're already happy with is a tough sell.

It doesn't help that two other third-parties are also making new OPs that are aiming for a more "screen-accurate" aesthetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Burkion posted:

What Keldroc said, but seriously, TF fans are loving insane about preorders and throwing down preorders as soon as humanly possible as though it makes the toy show up faster so you absolutely do need to get your preorders up.

On top of that BBTS doesn't give a gently caress. Here's a product that has been out for months https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/64018

Never even bother to update. Like gently caress it, buy our marked up crap.