Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

How was that more easily solved than "racism isn't a personality quirk"?

Paige is the last person on earth who could or would talk him out of that position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Like, it becomes incredibly clear incredibly quickly that Pat's [almost everything he talks about] knowledge is "he's read some wiki pages".

Adjusted for accuracy.

Also, he definitely looks poo poo up/plays ahead before they play games on channel, just so he can't be wrong. See, Bloodborne and God of War.

Sorry for continuing the hate-train. I think winter makes me angry.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

5 years and 274 episodes, and I'm finally taking the podcast off Auto download.

I might still tune in depending on topics or guests or whatever,but I don't have the time or enthusiasm anymore.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rodyle posted:

5 years and 274 episodes, and I'm finally taking the podcast off Auto download.

I might still tune in depending on topics or guests or whatever,but I don't have the time or enthusiasm anymore.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

They're entertainers, not actual friends or family.

When the show gets boring, it's okay to change the channel.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ok

Hellbunny
Dec 24, 2008

I'm not bad, I'm just misunderstood.
I just remember Matt and Woolies stint as MRA's and how quickly that ended right now. Most likely Pat will do better/shut up next week.

But right now, man, it fells kinda lovely.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Hellbunny posted:

I just remember Matt and Woolies stint as MRA's and how quickly that ended right now. Most likely Pat will do better/shut up next week.

But right now, man, it fells kinda lovely.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoBestFriendsPlay/comments/a0ral1/i_think_retail_may_have_damaged_my_brain/

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What do you call that disability that prevents you from having any outside perspective even once

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Hellbunny posted:

I just remember Matt and Woolies stint as MRA's and how quickly that ended right now

I don't

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Tae posted:

What do you call that disability that prevents you from having any outside perspective even once
Clinical sociopathy? High-functional autism (like me)?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

0 rows returned posted:

Anyway it's loving idiotic to believe that since you worked in retail and were treated like garbage that you should be an entitled poo poo to people who have no power to change things and are just trying to get through the day.

So basically, in Pat's head suffering abuse from customers in retail means he now has a lifetime pass to be an abusive customer towards retail employees? That's some critical empathy failure there.

HoboTech posted:

Also, he definitely looks poo poo up/plays ahead before they play games on channel, just so he can't be wrong. See, Bloodborne and God of War.

To be fair that's the reason I usually enjoy Pat-helmed LPs more than the others.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, I can't believe Pat was Benjamin Poindexter the whole time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What song is king Arthur and the knights of justice theme song ripping off?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well he said it was something wrong with him he now realizes. Like that Reddit thing was not him doubling down.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuMFlhXVh5A

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

man I knew Matt liked bouncy things but I didn't expect this.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/1067651256716541952
https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/1067651647327870976

She's still trying to come up with excuses, huh.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

See, this is why I was wondering if people were still talking about that on some other website, since I'm not using Reddit or Twitter or Facebook etc. So I'm pretty out of the loop on if that's still a conversation that's happening or not.

Also lol at 'Yo, you're tangentially endorsing some rear end in a top hat who thinks school shootings are false flags and wants a white ethnostate via the Dick Show, maybe try and look into that?' becoming a hill you want to die on like this. Can't wait for 'ironic' slide to 'look, just because I helped a few gofundmes for tiki torch dudes from the Charlottesville Rally doesn't mean-'

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Nov 28, 2018

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
She literally retweeted a denial of a Jewish massacre, how does she not understand what was going to happen

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
she did it so she could keep track of the fact that those people are bad, that's the only wya to go nowadays

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Maybe if she put as much effort into scolding nazis as she did scolding her unhappy fans, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Tae posted:

She literally retweeted a denial of a Jewish massacre, how does she not understand what was going to happen

was that her retweeting that one podcast or did she do something else too?

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Nov 28, 2018

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Vandar posted:

She's still trying to come up with excuses, huh.

It was just the twitter follow, definitely wasn't going on and advertising their podcast or anything like that nosiree

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

MagusDraco posted:

was that her retweeting that one podcast or did she do something else too?

She went on the dude in question podcast as well and he's tight enough with the Dick Show people that they circled the wagons for him when WSJ did a piece on him being racist. It's a really bad look all around but hey they're just being open minded and stuff. NBD.

Edit: for poo poo sake we can look back a few pages in this thread for her tweets defending the racist as totally not a racist.

Matt and Woolie dunking on Walt Disney's racism was extra funny in Kingdom Hearts given the situation.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Nov 28, 2018

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
There should be a new term for... whatever Paige thinks she's attempting to do. Maybe like chud-humping.

Edit: ayy we even got a mention in the feed! Hi "Mitch man." :wave:

TexMexFoodbaby fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Nov 28, 2018

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

You can literally just unfollow the thinly veiled if at all neo-nazis Paige, it's not difficult

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Nov 28, 2018

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hi Dias

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

quote:

OP: "Help! HELP! I'm stuck in a well!!!"
Goons1-4: "Climb! Climb up and take our hands!"
OP: "I'm thinking I should dig... should I dig?"
Goon5: "NO! I was trapped in a well, and digging is a bad idea! Climb out!"
Goons6-8: "Were lowering ropes! Take hold of a rope!"
Goon9: "I've even tied a harness to the end of this one!"
OP: "I can feel the ropes, but I don't want to hold onto them... should I dig?"
Goon10: "No! If you dig, you'll hit water, and then you'll be proper hosed. I should know, I almost drowned."
OP: "I dug a little bit just now, and I haven't hit water. I'm gonna keep digging..."
Goons11-18: "No! Climb! Climb out!"
OP: "Guys, I'm seriously stuck in this well! Help! HELP!!!"
Goon19: "I was trapped in a well once. It took me two years, but I managed to build a climbing machine that pulled me to safety out of a well bucket and a pocket watch. I'm dropping the blueprints, extra buckets, and an assortment of pocket watches."
Goon20: "I've engineered a jet-pack that will rocket you to safety. Stay where you are and we'll lower it down!""
"OP: "Thanks for your help, guys. I'm gonna keep digging. I'll find the Mines of Moria and I'll just walk to the surface."
**Goons1-20 piss in the well**
Goon21: "Guys, seriously... stop peeing in the well.""
essentially lol

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

lol oh poo poo, I didn't actually notice that

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Nov 28, 2018

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
I hope Elmo doesn't get on her lap again, otherwise she won't be able to stand for anything offline either.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's me, yah. I wasn't gonna say anything about this conversation in here because I was legit trying to have a sincere heart to heart with Paige there. I don't mind my account being out there but I'd appreciate it edited out, especially since some rear end in a top hat told her I was just trying to get mocking material.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Matt and Woolie dunking on Walt Disney's racism was extra funny in Kingdom Hearts given the situation.

Someone on SA did an LP of Kingdom Hearts about a year ago and I can't believe that Woolie made the same 'Each of those barrels contains someone convicted of Christianity' joke. I was really expecting a whole different direction for their commentary all things considered.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tae posted:

Does anyone have a link to this post specifically. I kind of just want to post it back at her because it's absolutely insane how she's trying to wiggle out from Retweeting The Jewish Question and then going on the dude's podcast to "Oh I just followed a guy and everyone got mad"

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Catching up on the podcast, and jesus, Pat's core argument w/r/t to Smash feels like it's on it's own it's own level of Pat Crazy.

"You should be as angry at Nintendo for not putting it out early in response as your are at the leakers" :psyduck:

I mean, I can understand the consumer rights perspective / argument to preloading, and not valuing the company's business/finances over the interest of the consumer.

I mean, the idea of digital games going live a bit early has always been a cool one, and something I've hoped with on some games in the past - but with such a large release, and one that a lot of people are probably buying physical, the idea that a company should just put it out early is completely insane. Do they just tell Amazon and other online retailers to ship it out ASAP? What about stores that might have some copies, but not their full release day prep stock?

But yeah, I think it's a bit more reasonable to be angry at people breaking street date, people uploading the game, or people spoiling the game contents then it is to be at the company for not engaging in a logistical nightmare because of the former group.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I do not understand the concept of smash spoilers

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Andrast posted:

I do not understand the concept of smash spoilers

boss fights in the adventure mode or something

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I can't stop laughing at the fact Matt has to LP Dante's Inferno by himself because literally no one else will do it with him. Can't believe this of all games is where they're drawing the line.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kay Kessler posted:

I can't stop laughing at the fact Matt has to LP Dante's Inferno by himself because literally no one else will do it with him. Can't believe this of all games is where they're drawing the line.

Christ, I hope he makes a new channel to host it on. That sounds like youtube suicide.

Also someone lemme know when the Quiet Man starts up, I can't wait for that trainwreck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Matt's already uploaded throngs of horny hentai poo poo that already had to be taken down, I don't think he cares.