Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Your team did not deserve to win. Good job carrying them to victory nonetheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Couldn't break 5k?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

McGavin posted:

Couldn't break 5k?

I would have but if you watch the replay, I bounced a shot on the lower plate of the S-51.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Nov 28, 2018

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Gentlemen, take your KV-2s out today. Or your 34-85s. Or Cromwells, or whatever the gently caress. It's fish-in-the-barrel-o'clock

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

WG's newest great poo poo idea is to release yet another Tier VIII TD in a game which is already plagued with multiple problems at Tier VIII, with maps catering toward camping at the redline being one of them.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I might try and grind for it. Should give me plenty of time now that I am done with finals at school. If anything the rewards just for grinding are a plus.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
Hmm didn’t get the beta stuff :/ sent wg a ticket. Played one game in the t50-2 and 1700 damage lol. 10 t50-2 on each aide or something

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

WG's newest great poo poo idea is to release yet another Tier VIII TD in a game which is already plagued with multiple problems at Tier VIII, with maps catering toward camping at the redline being one of them.

wgs model is that you can pay to make the game worse for everyone else

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

wgs model is that you can pay to make the game worse for everyone else

what, did they put the leFH on sale again?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Holy loving poo poo the winter campaign for the Soviet Skorpion should quality as literal abuse.

A bunch of utter bastards posted:

(Only experience for being among the top-10 players on your team by experience earned is counted; can be completed in Tier VI-X vehicles only.)

Stage 1: Earn a total of 3 000 base experience points.
Stage 2: Earn a total of 6 000 base experience points.
Stage 3: Earn a total of 9 000 base experience points.
Stage 4: Earn a total of 20 000 base experience points.
Stage 5: Earn a total of 30 000 base experience points.
Stage 6: Earn a total of 30 000 base experience points.
Stage 7: Earn a total of 30 000 base experience points.
Stage 8: Earn a total of 35 000 base experience points.
Stage 9: Earn a total of 40 000 base experience points.
Stage 10: Earn a total of 50 000 base experience points.

In 10 days. So that's 25300 BASE experience per day. There's also the tier 10 alternative but I still don't have any tier 10s so gently caress that, and gently caress this whole thing. Of course the tank is also for sale in packages and every stage you complete knocks 10% off the price, so sunk cost fallacy here we come!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hey uh, did they nerf the T-55A at some point? Because they buffed it for some reason, when I already preferred the T-55A to the T-54, and also they nerfed the T-54's gun since I stopped playing...

1750 HP on a great brawling medium at tier 9, lol

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4644314#erlenberg-mariuslecter-t-44-100

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

oh no, what have I done

Oh nothing because I claimed my Twitch Prime and anniversary stuff without playing a game. Pwew. Gotta remember to claim the Charlotte Wells crew member before 3/28/19.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Congratulations, see you in a week.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Khablam posted:

Congratulations, see you in a week.

What are we doing in a week, Brain?

e: and please give your answer in a ladder analogy

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Hey uh, did they nerf the T-55A at some point? Because they buffed it for some reason, when I already preferred the T-55A to the T-54, and also they nerfed the T-54's gun since I stopped playing...

1750 HP on a great brawling medium at tier 9, lol

No, they buffed the T54 so the T55 got power-creeped, then they buffed the latter.

Hellsau posted:

oh no, what have I done

Last Battle: 4/18/18

Still blue in garage. :D

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

Still blue in garage. :D

truly an unfair system

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
This game is loving hilarious:

Fake Edit: You can imagine how my drat game went.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Der Shovel posted:

In 10 days. So that's 25300 BASE experience per day. There's also the tier 10 alternative but I still don't have any tier 10s so gently caress that, and gently caress this whole thing. Of course the tank is also for sale in packages and every stage you complete knocks 10% off the price, so sunk cost fallacy here we come!

Hahahahah gently caress that.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Hey, so I got 5000 bonds... what's the best super equipment for my type 59? Optics?

I have to go to work soon, so i can't check it out, but dang that's a lot of H(orse)P on the type59 buff!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I have bond rammer and bond vents on my T-60P, gonna spend my additional 5,000 bonds on the upgrade stabilizing thingy.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I kind of like that the T-50-2's special camo just makes it look like it has graphics from version 0.4.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Der Shovel posted:

I can probably guess the answer to this question, but the stages are gated by days like the Halloween event was, right? So once I get 3k xp on day 1 I may as well log off until the next day?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

saintonan posted:

I can probably guess the answer to this question, but the stages are gated by days like the Halloween event was, right? So once I get 3k xp on day 1 I may as well log off until the next day?

Edit: Apparently the stages aren't time locked this time, so as soon as you complete one stage you can move on to the next. It looks like you could complete them all in the same day if you can grind 253k exp in one day.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 28, 2018

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Hellsau posted:

What are we doing in a week, Brain?

e: and please give your answer in a ladder analogy
When you get so far up the ladder, the only way off is to keep going up, you can no longer jump off.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

saintonan posted:

the stages are gated by days like the Halloween event was, right?
This was so loving dumb and put me off playing that event as soon as I found out. Unbelievably poo poo way to do an event.

McGavin posted:

Edit: Apparently the stages aren't time locked this time, so as soon as you complete one stage you can move on to the next.
But it's still a big poo poo sandwich in disguise because any excess progress from completing one stage doesn't carry over toward completing the next. Only 34xp to go? Double-tap R and go grab a snack because getting that special 1.2k base xp game now will only be counter-productive.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 28, 2018

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Katamari Democracy posted:

This game is loving hilarious:

Fake Edit: You can imagine how my drat game went.
I nearly Mardered Redeye last night when he found himself on the other team, but alas his team collapsed on him before I could.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Khablam posted:

When you get so far up the ladder, the only way off is to keep going up, you can no longer jump off.

note to fellow ladder climbers - you can always jump off, no matter how high up it looks

McGavin posted:

Edit: Apparently the stages aren't time locked this time, so as soon as you complete one stage you can move on to the next. It looks like you could complete them all in the same day if you can grind 253k exp in one day.

I think it's actual impossible to grind 250k base XP at tier 6+ in 24 hours.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

I think it's actual impossible to grind 250k base XP at tier 6+ in 24 hours.

Based on my average exp per game of 650 and the average battle duration of 6 minutes, you are correct. 150k exp is probably close to the theoretical maximum you could hit per day.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

McGavin posted:

Based on my average exp per game of 650 and the average battle duration of 6 minutes, you are correct. 150k exp is probably close to the theoretical maximum you could hit per day.

My God! That is how Wargaming makes their money!

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

McGavin posted:

That's...actually...surprising. Looking forward to seeing some try hard getting the tank for free this weekend. As for me, I'm sure I'll get to like 50% before I say gently caress it and hit the premium shop.

I also noticed that some of the stage rewards are directives. That's cool but I think I would rather have the bonds.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Does it work off base XP only or, as I assume, is it a massive incentive to buy XP boosters, which are currently on sale?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Just base xp, but if WGing really wanted money they should let the premium bonus xp count.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Got deleted by an FV 183 on Paris.

43% win rate, super red efficiency and i was his only damaging shot of the game.

:toot:

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

LRADIKAL posted:

Hey, so I got 5000 bonds... what's the best super equipment for my type 59? Optics?

I have to go to work soon, so i can't check it out, but dang that's a lot of H(orse)P on the type59 buff!

I think the Improved vents are the best. Improved optics adds an extra 2.5% spotting rang. In a brawling medium I would rather have the better traverse, dispersion, aim time, dpm, ect that you get from the vents.

I ran the T-54 with optics but I got all my assistance damage from tracking things, I'm switching to vents and the more accurate gun because even with 330 heat pen you still have to hit weak spots on the new tanks they keep putting out.

Khablam posted:

Does it work off base XP only or, as I assume, is it a massive incentive to buy XP boosters, which are currently on sale?

It goes by base xp so boosters and premium account wont help speed it up. They know you will buy those things anyway and they want you to buy the free tank too.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Improved Rammer is always going to be the best equipment you can buy for anything that doesn't load faster than it aims.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
Is there any reason not to just yolo rush every match in the winter challenge? Usually these things have a be in the top ten xp earners on your team qualifier. I don't see that this time. Elusif is going to have like 20 of these things.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

No, you have to be top 10 in exp for your base exp to count. :suicide:

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

2Jets posted:

Is there any reason not to just yolo rush every match in the winter challenge? Usually these things have a be in the top ten xp earners on your team qualifier. I don't see that this time. Elusif is going to have like 20 of these things.

It's Top 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
The answer to all the t-50-2s running around is the 13 57. Just clip them out.