Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

TheCenturion posted:

drat straight. I still narrate things in my head with the Imperial briefing officer's voice sometimes. Followed up with a 'Serve the Emperor, before all others.'

Abort mission. Mission a failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The cut-scenes from Dark Forces II were my favourite.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wheat Loaf posted:

The cut-scenes from Dark Forces II were my favourite.

I've never played that, I really should but I tried playing DF1 because I also had never palyed it, and I cannot do non mouselook FPSs anymore.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Dark Forces, TIE Fighter, and Rebel Assault were the holy trinity when I was 6.

Then, Shadows of the Empire replaced Rebel Assault. :getin:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Rogue Leader is great and still looks good to this day despite being 2 generations ago and a loving launch game scrapped together in under a year.
Rogue/Wraith squadron show/movie when?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Abort mission. Mission a failure.

good work, Alpha One. Secondary mission objectives complete, the Emperor will be pleased

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aces High posted:

good work, Alpha One. Secondary mission objectives complete, the Emperor will be pleased

I liked the snarky banter when they send you to clear a minefield in an TiE, and the officer is all "lets see how well you do clearing that minefield in an unshielded ship you doofus"

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Gamma One is the Emperor's Stoool Pigeon!

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

MeinPanzer posted:

Am I the only one who thinks that Diego Luna and Pedro Pascal look a lot alike (in addition, obviously, to both being Latino)? Do you think this will have something to do with the plot?

uhh aside from being both latino dudes with beards idk if they really look much alike?

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pops Mgee posted:

Rogue Leader is great and still looks good to this day despite being 2 generations ago and a loving launch game scrapped together in under a year.
Rogue/Wraith squadron show/movie when?

it seems so hard to get working in dolphin tho for real

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

mission

critical

craft

under attack

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I love TIE Fighter

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Kanine posted:

uhh aside from being both latino dudes with beards idk if they really look much alike?

They are both very handsome.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Anarcho-Commissar posted:

I love TIE Fighter

That desk looks like a carpenters van.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Haha, yes. I use it for modeling/crafting stuff too.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-lwHrw_914

"Hello there!"

Kenobi show when?

drunkill fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 21, 2018

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Today's Resistance: gently caress Yeager's brother. That's all I have to say.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Teek posted:

Before or after dinner?

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

Kanine posted:

Really? You don't think there's more than a passing resemblance?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Yep they're both Hispanic

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Teek posted:

Yeah, I liked that they explicitly didn't end the episode with Yeager forgiving him, as one might expect from a kids show. The writing continues to surprise me.

Also those ship designs :3:

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 25, 2018

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Resistance definitely seems to be finding its stride. I like Synara reconsidering her situation after the most recent pirate attack last week and the race was really cool in today's episode.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I would not say gently caress him. While what happened was horrible it was an accident.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Guavian Death Gang outta nowhere!

This show is getting good. The animation style is growing on me, too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gonz posted:

Guavian Death Gang outta nowhere!

This show is getting good. The animation style is growing on me, too.

Yea, i don't know why this episode is the one that struck me that the animation is actually pretty good. It was probably the racing scene.

Sam Witwer is going to have a live action role in the Mandalorian, some people seem to think he's going to be Palpatine, either in makeup or a Dark Empire style clone, but I think its more likely he'll be a new character. He's pretty hateable in Supergirl so i'd like to see him as some Imperial Remnant officer.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

i wonder if its easier to build assets for this show or if they are able to reuse ones from previous shows. they add new aliens or outfitted humans seemingly every episode.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

IRQ posted:

I don't think there's any voice in the best star wars video game ever made though? :confused:

MISSION CRITICAL CRAFT UNDER ATTACK

EDIT: dammit thats what I get for not reading the next page of replies.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You thought Speedstar was real?

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jerkface posted:

i wonder if its easier to build assets for this show or if they are able to reuse ones from previous shows. they add new aliens or outfitted humans seemingly every episode.

i figure because it's cel shaded, the textures dont need to be painted in a lot of detail compared to the style of clone wars or rebels, most of the character work is just modelling/rigging.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Kanine posted:

i figure because it's cel shaded, the textures dont need to be painted in a lot of detail compared to the style of clone wars or rebels, most of the character work is just modelling/rigging.

Yeah, I figure it's effective at getting more stuff on screen, but I find myself having to look away from their faces sometimes. The lack of gradient can look weird on their cheeks and foreheads, so it can look like they're not moving. And there are other bits of weirdness too.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wsHRyLWgWg

I guess they learned their lesson from Forces of Destiny in regards to the animation :stare:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Cross-Section posted:

I guess they learned their lesson from Forces of Destiny in regards to the animation :stare:

So they're just going to remake the films in animated shorts? With the same recorded dialogue? Okay, I guess.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cross-Section posted:

that looks cool as hell

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
It looks like scene remakes/reinterpretations/reimaginings from the Skywalker saga. Seems like it's trying to appeal to kids who may only have a passing or no familiarity with the original films. Either way, looks neat.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
looks good to me

poo poo i bet the yoda/palpy and anakin/dooku fights might actually be watchable now

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:
I love how Leia’s expressions are all variations of “gently caress off”.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

And, just like with the second-generation action figures, Luke's gotten all ripped.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Madurai posted:

And, just like with the second-generation action figures, Luke's gotten all ripped.

Hey, those moisture vaporators don't...vape..themselves, you know?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Madurai posted:

Is that before or after the last Marvel comic where he was Space Rambo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Madurai posted:

They're just following the canon established by the original poster art.