Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

The 7th Guest posted:

If they dont represent his current values why was he still tweeting NPC memes last month

Don't read too much into the post, he just choose the option from the alt-right dialogue wheel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
NPC memes are one of the saddest things I think I've seen them do

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

*gdq voice* only the outrage mattered about these differing opinions

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Apparently this may be related to why PMG felt she got forced out of a staff role :smith:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Johnny Joestar posted:

*gdq voice* only the outrage mattered about these differing opinions

many sides of outrage, bigly

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

iospace posted:

Apparently this may be related to why PMG felt she got forced out of a staff role :smith:

Yeah someone said she isn't MCing anymore, which really sucks :(

What happened?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

iospace posted:

I had a feeling when she tweeted that she left and didn't want to talk about why that it was something along such lines.

like I hope I'm wrong but it's hard not to draw that conclusion

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the most amusing part of this is that goose found phrenology stuff interesting in the discord

hows the inceldom going goose, im sorry your nasolabial folds arent ideal and your head isn't shaped like a greek god but that isnt why you arent getting laid

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

eonwe posted:

the most amusing part of this is that goose found phrenology stuff interesting in the discord

hows the inceldom going goose, im sorry your nasolabial folds arent ideal and your head isn't shaped like a greek god but that isnt why you arent getting laid

I've always wanted to meet someone into phrenology and see if I can convince them that I can fix their problems with reverse phrenology

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

iospace posted:

Wait PMG got forced out? When did that happen? What was their stated reason?

eonwe posted:

with the incel types the scapegoat is always, always something they can't control and never that they actively choose to be horrifying people. their egos are so fragile they can't even stand to think for a second they might be the problem.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

axeil posted:

Wait PMG got forced out? When did that happen? What was their stated reason?

I think she left of her on volition, by virtue of them refusing to take action unless enough outrage happened or some poo poo:

https://twitter.com/princessproto/status/1067647887834796032
https://twitter.com/princessproto/status/1067647888963063808
https://twitter.com/princessproto/status/1067648418158444545
https://twitter.com/princessproto/status/1067649897204199424

Of course, this is subject to corrections. I could be reading a bit too much into it.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

eonwe posted:

He would believe anything you told him as long as it fit his worldview. He never stopped believing he is a billionaire trapped in a speedrunners body with 150 iq. He still intends to run for public office. He was a big freeze peach guy which drew in tons of alt right morons and regular folk like kevin were like uhhh weird! Im trying to get perfect dark tips but the channel is talking about a worldwide circumcision conspiracy.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
is rwhitegoose seriously an incel or are people just making fun of him because he's a dumbass?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Renegret posted:

is rwhitegoose seriously an incel or are people just making fun of him because he's a dumbass?

He believes he's not getting laid because of a jewish conspiracy.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Dr. Stab posted:

thank you jewish conspiracy, you do so much good in the world

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

thank you jewish conspiracy, you do so much good in the world

:emptyquote:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Renegret posted:

He is a perennial shutin who ate his boogers on camera
http://imgur.com/qvvIRQe

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Dr. Stab posted:

loving lmao. Yeah, I'm sure that's what it is.

Just like every other incel, he wouldn't have a problem if he just shut the gently caress up.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Renegret posted:

loving lmao. Yeah, I'm sure that's what it is.

Just like every other incel, he wouldn't have a problem if he just shut the gently caress up.

I still don't get why it's "involuntary" when they're actively choosing to make themselves as toxic and unattractive personality-wise as possible :iiam:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Renegret posted:

I would assume anyone interested in phrenology and the "jewish question" would probably be in the area, thats all.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I still don't get why it's "involuntary" when they're actively choosing to make themselves as toxic and unattractive personality-wise as possible :iiam:

So they don't blame themselves

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

its because he has a hosed up skull, OP

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Because they believe women should be falling over themselves just for the chance to gently caress someone like him. The fact that they aren't means that it's a conspiracy against him, not a problem with himself.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

their chins don't release the right pheromones to attract a mate

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I trust this thread and the people in it when they say KevinDDR is in the clear, but can somebody help me understand how? Because what I saw was chuds talking about a bunch of hosed up poo poo in a discord, then he popped in with an asinine comment about his weight, then the chuds continued the conversation. Was he truly just deep undercover or some poo poo? I don't see how it's okay to ignore that kind of talk going on around you, let alone participate in the conversation, even if what you say is okay on its own.

TBH I was also confused by his tweet towards GDQ calling them spineless fucks. That just made me even more confused because ironically it wasn't clear what he was mad about specifically.

Does anyone get what I'm saying here? Just want to try to understand what it is about KevinDDR that gives him a pass since the only thing I see is kind of damning. Sounds like there's additional proof vouching for him somewhere? Can I see/hear that?

EDIT: here
https://twitter.com/pizzaparty531/status/1067492560992681984

timp fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Nov 28, 2018

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

You know, it's possible to be in a Discord where poo poo-talking is taking place without being a monster yourself. I'm in so many channels (with so many sub-channels) that somewhere someone is surely being an rear end and it sails by me, and I might even make a comment about my weight just randomly without reading previous conversations. It's kind of a scary thought that in this kind of situation I would have to start finding proof I'm not a total rear end in a top hat before others start condemning me.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

TeaJay posted:

It's kind of a scary thought that in this kind of situation I would have to start finding proof I'm not a total rear end in a top hat before others start condemning me.

I mean you're on this dead forum so clearly you already have issues. :v:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im pretty sure kevinddr is on that discord because its the perfect dark speedrun discord too

but yeah, I mean, I'm on discords where there are lovely people. hell, SA itself has some pretty dogshit people

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

eonwe posted:

SA itself has some pretty dogshit people

hey

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

I'm sure that dog in your avatar makes very pretty shits.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I mean, let's be fair here, KevinDDR has his own host of problems. Not from being a lovely person mind you but I know he's had a couple mental breaks in the past. I 100% do not fault him in choosing to not engage in that talk because it's mentally exhausting to do such a thing and, for a group that obviously won't listen, it's just not worth the effort. Especially if it's a perfect dark discord and he wants to be able to talk about video games in the future without being chased out.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

UraniumAnchor posted:

I'm sure that dog in your avatar makes very pretty shits.

all dog are good

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Speaking as a person who is impacted by the sort of speech that runner is being banned for, an 8 hour response time doesn't seem absurd, and had a good outcome in the end

Like PMG may know other stuff or other situations but this particular one seems exactly like how it all "should" work?

Thing comes out -> "wait is this real and not someone spoofing or whatever?" -> ok it's real -> ban

I get where Coolmatt's coming from when he talks about the outrage is all that matters--as someone who didn't see any of this happen "live", it seems much ado about nothing? Or rather, the right call was made in the end, so what's the problem?

I mean criticize verbiage and whatever all you'd like, but I reckon this is not an organization with staffers who have professional, trained PR and media relations people; they're humans whose hearts probably rose into their throats knowing how volatile the entire situation would be

If they hadn't tweeted anything at all for 8 hours and then said, "here's what happened we did a ban" then in that 8 hours people would be calling for their fuckin heads. But since they overcommunicated instead, they're also being slammed. To see some of the tweet responses or things like "not enough" just makes me sad, ultimately

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For the one millionth time it's because the wording implied their investigation was finished when it was not, op

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

CJacobs posted:

For the one millionth time it's because the wording implied their investigation was finished when it was not, op

????

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they deleted the tweet in question because it loving sucked, op

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Johnny Joestar posted:

they deleted the tweet in question because it loving sucked, op

Good?

Like I don't get it? They clearly know it was bad so they killed it? Isn't that good?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Waffles Inc. posted:

Good?

Like I don't get it? They clearly know it was bad so they killed it? Isn't that good?

Anyone with common sense or who actually cared wouldn't have made it in the first place.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Waffles Inc. posted:

Good?

There is a standing history of them putting their foot in their mouth when it comes to making public statements about toxic community members (specifically statements claiming no action will be taken, that their actions outside the conference have no bearing on their acceptance into GDQ). No, it's not good, because they should know better by now than to jump the gun like that in the first place. It's indicative of an ongoing problem with their attitude regarding complaints that they're aware of but haven't changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Waffles Inc. posted:

Good?

they deleted it after they course corrected and banned them. its not like they went "wait hang on this isn't over and we SHOULD investigate this more" and found what they needed to make a decision, they said the investigation was over then got yelled at and flooded with even more evidence and went "sorry. im sorry. im trying to remove it"