Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Do the Nintendo Switch had the best five days ever in Nintendo history.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181128005283/en/Nintendo-Hits-Big-Milestones-Thanksgiving-Cyber-Monday

The system is a monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Maybe we can finally dispel the myth that Zelda and Mario are system sellers and acknowledge the one true god of Nintendo franchises is Pokemon.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

BGrifter posted:

Maybe we can finally dispel the myth that Zelda and Mario are system sellers and acknowledge the one true god of Nintendo franchises is Pokemon.

Pokémon is literally the most lucrative franchise on the planet I don’t think anyone every thought otherwise

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181128005283/en/Nintendo-Hits-Big-Milestones-Thanksgiving-Cyber-Monday

The system is a monster.

Pretty wild considering the most preordered game for the Switch doesn't come out for another week

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Pokémon is literally the most lucrative franchise on the planet I don’t think anyone every thought otherwise

Whether or not you think you were being hyperbolic, you are correct.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

punk rebel ecks posted:

The system is a monster.

I can’t believe how doomed Nintendo is

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Augus posted:

I can’t believe how doomed Nintendo is

Nintendo is done. Finished. Kaput. Bamboozled. Destroyed. Cancelled. When I sent my 23 page manifesto about why Wind Waker should have had hyper realistic graphics and way more blood they should have listened. Now look where we are. Dead.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hammer Bro. posted:

Their bad Basketball Switch game, Basketball, sullies the name of my good Basketball Switch game, Basketball 2:

Not that the game is anywhere near ready. But all these posts about horrible Switch basketball games have motivated me to develop it further than a jam game.

Maybe we should register a trademark or something. I'd hate to have to change the name.

Will your game have basketball legends in it like Barls Charkley or Potty Skippin?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

DLC Inc posted:

Pretty wild considering the most preordered game for the Switch doesn't come out for another week

It's amazing that it managed to set that record despite being a Gametop-exclusive

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Gripweed posted:

It's amazing that it managed to set that record despite being a Gametop-exclusive

what? :thunk:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

he's comically pretending that katamari is the most preordered game on the switch

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Brother Entropy posted:

he's comically pretending that katamari is the most preordered game on the switch

Oh. Well it should be goddamn.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

BGrifter posted:

Counterpoint: I don't like Pokemon

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

TheScott2K posted:

Counterpoint: I don't like Pokemon

Ohhhhh so you’re the one.

*calls in Team Skull to deal with this sucka*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J52WzZ8nsjc

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Will your game have basketball legends in it like Barls Charkley or Potty Skippin?

Probably no names, but possibly gargoyles. Haven't decided if they'll be or gargoyles but I'm not the artist.

I'm sure whichever of the two we choose, they will be totally unique OC creations.

Do not steal.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

punk rebel ecks posted:

Whether or not you think you were being hyperbolic, you are correct.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises

Holy poo poo, I thought nothing was bigger than Star Wars but there we have it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hammer Bro. posted:

Probably no names, but possibly gargoyles. Haven't decided if they'll be or gargoyles but I'm not the artist.

I'm sure whichever of the two we choose, they will be totally unique OC creations.

Do not steal.

I hope there is a very special basketball game where one of them plays with a gun, shooting the referee

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

https://twitter.com/bulbaganda/status/1067134572478033921?s=21

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

s.i.r.e. posted:

To be fair, it's merchandise that makes Pokemon standout so much...then again one could argue the same about Star Wars.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

The best thing ever posted.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

To be fair, it's merchandise that makes Pokemon standout so much...then again one could argue the same about Star Wars.

Pokémon is plain loving bonkers in this context. It's barely 20 years old VS much older stuff going by that list. From a game series that almost didn't happen.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it's a pretty cool story that the no.1 ranked media franchise started out as a basic idea in a self-made fanzine from some guy who just pitched a very simple concept to Nintendo, leading Miyamoto to mentor him through the first games.

it echoes how Hideki Kamiya got started i.e. just some guy who drew a bunch of concepts and designs, got picked up by Capcom, was mentored by a high-profile developer (Shinji Mikami) and the company taking a gamble on him was rewarded with great things.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

loving :same:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't really like Bulbasaur. Or Venusaur for that matter.

Ivysaur is cool though

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I hope there is a very special basketball game where one of them plays with a gun, shooting the referee

That'd be a shot clock violation. The intent is to have cannons.

Also your avatars consistently give me the giggles.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Let’s see what the current virginia house of delegate member feel about this

https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/1067350365518135296?s=21

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
:eyepop:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Capturing is already super easy in the early game, just throw a Pokeball. You don't even have to weaken the fuckers

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Capturing pokemon is for suckers

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Why capture when Charmeleon can just punch everything to death

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
True Pokemon Mastery is embracing pacifism and having every Pokemon KO themselves.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mega64 posted:

True Pokemon Mastery is embracing pacifism and having every Pokemon KO themselves.

Embrace capitalism instead, spew toxic stuff everywhere and watch everything die

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Starmie uses Regenerate every turn

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Heath posted:

Starmie uses Regenerate every turn

No use regenerate then protect then regenerate then protect

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Andrast posted:

Embrace capitalism instead, spew toxic stuff everywhere and watch everything die

This is why Shuckle is the best pokemon

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Why would you need to capture another Pokémon if you already have a Bulbasaur? :confused:

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Once this game hits NES online, it'll be the only basketball / grape harvesting sim you'll ever need. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_U2GIuV9xs

had this for dos and lost the password wheel and could never play it again

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

My Switch just arrived. I immediately bought Hollow Knight, despite owning it on PC. It's perfect on the Switch, holy poo poo.

This system is going to be my wallet's doom.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gonkish posted:

My Switch just arrived. I immediately bought Hollow Knight, despite owning it on PC. It's perfect on the Switch, holy poo poo.

This system is going to be my wallet's doom.

Now buy Dark Souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

punk rebel ecks posted:

I didn't even think the Merch was that expansive for Pokémon, like, I know it's gigantic but I see Star Wars stuff more than anything else. That's loving nuts.