Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yeah I'm basically tripping over Godwalls, but it takes me forever to find a Shadow BSB.

https://friends-ffrk.com/

Be swamped with dog-loving ninjas, friend.

Appropriate totp post:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

instead of using shadow just bring someone with a 3x quick/instant cast RM and give them one of the aoe attack replacement RMs

i've been using lightning and she solos any daily farm on auto

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Welp. Here's my friend code then: H9Ea

Shadow BSB with 500+ ATK and +dark armor equipped FWIW.

I also just got all my nerds to 99 and I'm really not looking forward to farming RMs even with the increased drop rates. :negative:

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Prav posted:

instead of using shadow just bring someone with a 3x quick/instant cast RM and give them one of the aoe attack replacement RMs

i've been using lightning and she solos any daily farm on auto

using anyone who is max level already is a waste, thats why shadow bsb is and always will be #1 demand for RW's, because almost everyone is doing powerup dungeons on a daily basis until the end of time

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'm sitting on like 1k 5* eggs. the only thing you need significant exp for is magicites, where who you bring doesn't matter

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Electric Phantasm posted:

The new common relic draw owns. Two days in a row I got BSB relics. First one is Noel's and it looks like it pairs nicely with his ice doublecast LM that I've had for a while and the second one is a boost healer BSB for one of the beyond characters.

I mean it's nothing crazy, but it's not trash either at least I don't think it is.

Yeah, not great and not garbage either. More importantly, the price is right; the cool thing about pulling a 5* or 6* on the free draw is that whatever you get was basically just a login bonus. It feels way less awful than striking out on a banner.

I was salty the other day because I hit a 5* after a two-week dry spell and it was a useless dupe, but then I logged in today and snagged Aerith's dualcast LMR. Much better!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

NinjaDebugger posted:

Have you set up to use FFRKompanion? It's a proxy, which means if you haven't turned it on, the wifi will be trying to redirect traffic to it and failing, which just drops it.

Nope, I’m on iOS and haven’t tried any third party apps. A restart also didn’t help.

Ah well guess it’s just one of those mysteries. Maybe the next app update will fix it

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
What exactly is so desirable about Shadow’s BSB? It looks pretty normal.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Aerox posted:

instant cast AOE, en-element, and a short cast time CMD2 aoe is basically the best setup for having an underpowered character solo a powerup dungeon. I dont think there's any other BSB that has all 3 of those properties

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

its a instant AOE that will one-shot everything on screen in a orb/exp dungeon and the CMD2 is a fast cast aoe that will also* one-shot everything on screen

*unless you're using a non-ranged weapon from the back row or your ATK is too low

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Flavahbeast posted:

its a instant AOE that will one-shot everything on screen in a orb/exp dungeon and the CMD2 is a fast cast aoe that will also* one-shot everything on screen

*unless you're using a non-ranged weapon from the back row or your ATK is too low

The CMD2 is ranged damage, so if you don't kill things on the EXP daily it's entirely because your attack is too low.

Elena BSB is an acceptable runner-up, as it has the two most important things: Instant AoE entry and fast-cast CMD2. It trades the en-dark for imperil fire, though, which means it won't do as much damage.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i’ve only been logging in for the mythril for a while now but my roaming warrior hasn’t left shadow in probably a year and i think it’s solid with gkLe

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Nope, I’m on iOS and haven’t tried any third party apps. A restart also didn’t help.

Ah well guess it’s just one of those mysteries. Maybe the next app update will fix it

The only other things that I can suggest are to uninstall/reinstall, or uninstall/reboot/reinstall.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

i’ve only been logging in for the mythril for a while now but my roaming warrior hasn’t left shadow in probably a year and i think it’s solid with gkLe

ftRa for another Shadow BSB. I think I average probably 3-4k gold a day with it. Only RW I made more with was TG Cid OSB during one of the dungeon renewal events.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

KataraniSword posted:

The CMD2 is ranged damage, so if you don't kill things on the EXP daily it's entirely because your attack is too low.

Im like, 99% sure the CMD2 isnt ranged

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

KataraniSword posted:

Congratulations on your "luck" :haw:

It's less likely to get an offbanner nowdays than it is to get an Actually Useful 5/6* out of the daily draw, I think, though I haven't run the actual numbers.

But it still happens.

I was annoyed at first, but getting a legit good off-banner, non-dupe LMR is actually a pretty great deal! I only have Eiko BSB but hey, that's good enough.

Also echoing Shadow BSB love. Shadow and Elena BSBs allow any leveling team to complete endgame dailies and leveling dungeons and as such are almost as useful as Godwall RWs.

Nowadays I literally only use Shadow/Elena BSB, Godwall, and tri/quad/Noctis-element ASBs for convenience.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Aerox posted:

Instant cast AOE damage dark infuse for Shadow. Commands aren't totally bad either since they have reduced delay, but you'd be doing the regular ninja stuff anyway in high end content. Still very nice to have if your still developing.
Also yeah as mentioned, makes farming dailies a lot quicker, easier, and safer.

Flavahbeast posted:

Im like, 99% sure the CMD2 isnt ranged

Isnt it ranged if the person using it is using a ranged weapon though?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shoenin posted:

Isnt it ranged if the person using it is using a ranged weapon though?

Yeah. Attacks ignore row if they have the Ranged tag (like the BSB entry does) or if the person using the attack has a ranged weapon.

I could have swore the CMDs were ranged too but I just mixed it up with the entry, I guess. :confused:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Further potentially confusing the issue is that Elena's BSB commands ARE ranged.

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008
Elena imperils instead of en-elements though so the commands probably won't one-shot for white mage with a dagger setups where you'd actually want the backrow protection. Basically, always Shadow forever.

eelmonger fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 26, 2018

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

eelmonger posted:

Basically, always Shadow forever.

But only once you get his BSB that all the RWs use, right?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Kheldarn posted:

But only once you get his BSB that all the RWs use, right?

you use the RW to let low level dudes plow through the powerup dungeons (specifically exp dungeons)

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
The game has been running pretty lovely for me even on Nox lately. Is that just me or did they gently caress something up again?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

my NOX instance was running like poop the past 2 days but I wasn't sure what to attribute it to, I might need to update NOX.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Oh neat I DD’d a FFXII 5* relic with no soul break at all! I guess at least it’s recycling fodder!

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

The 3* dark magicite is a giant pain in the rear end.

There's nothing that can dodge his instakill other than dealing 120k damage in the first 10 seconds, right?

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Qwertycoatl posted:

The 3* dark magicite is a giant pain in the rear end.

There's nothing that can dodge his instakill other than dealing 120k damage in the first 10 seconds, right?

Correct, the easiest thing to do (if you can't poo poo out 120K damage in 10 seconds) is to have someone with low HP like shelke run as entrust bot, not heal them and then let them eat that first instakill, the next one(s) you should be able to hit because your DPS will be up and running.

That's what i did anyway, I think I ran OK, Shelke orlandeau beatrix and elarra for my kills; just had shelke use AS or mog's and wrath/entrust, then elarra never healed her but healed everyone else.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

MF_James posted:

Correct, the easiest thing to do (if you can't poo poo out 120K damage in 10 seconds) is to have someone with low HP like shelke run as entrust bot, not heal them and then let them eat that first instakill, the next one(s) you should be able to hit because your DPS will be up and running.

That's what i did anyway, I think I ran OK, Shelke orlandeau beatrix and elarra for my kills; just had shelke use AS or mog's and wrath/entrust, then elarra never healed her but healed everyone else.

Thanks. I have Ramza chain so I really don't have an excuse to fail this. Time to reshuffle my party and try again.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

If you have orlandeau OSB I think how most people did it was to have him run mog's or whatever the other one is, t1 OSB and then get entrusted the other 2 bars immediately so he can OSB on T2 as well and that (should) get you to 120k or close and you can rear end saber with your other dps to hit it.

Not sure as I beat it a few times without doing that and haven't gone back since I can do the 4*s without farming it.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Ah, that should do it. I might have to farm the holy magicite a bit so I can get him doing enough damage with DMT instead of a damage boost RM.

e: Did it, thanks! Orlandeau DMT, Ramza MM gets chain off first, Shelke wraths and entrusts Orlandeau in time for T2 second OSB. Got him down to zero pixels on his health bar sub-30 then he killed all my DPSs and I ended up taking him down with normal attacks and a lifesiphon at 35s, but a win is a win.

ee: Let's look up the 4* magicite stats/attacks. Hmm, it may be a while before I do any of these.

Qwertycoatl fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 26, 2018

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Qwertycoatl posted:

Ah, that should do it. I might have to farm the holy magicite a bit so I can get him doing enough damage with DMT instead of a damage boost RM.

e: Did it, thanks! Orlandeau DMT, Ramza MM gets chain off first, Shelke wraths and entrusts Orlandeau in time for T2 second OSB. Got him down to zero pixels on his health bar sub-30 then he killed all my DPSs and I ended up taking him down with normal attacks and a lifesiphon at 35s, but a win is a win.

ee: Let's look up the 4* magicite stats/attacks. Hmm, it may be a while before I do any of these.

Yeah, 4* Magicite are a significant step upwards statwise from 3*, with exception of Ixion (who brings his own problems to the table by dispelling you constantly). Depending on your elemental spread, your best options for starting out are probably Midgarsormr, Isgebind, or Maliris, just because they're the most straightforward - Midgarsormr doesn't do much aside from slowing you (though he's a beefy son), Maliris is the kind of "mixed-offense escalating imperil" you're used to with Sealion and Hydra by now, and Isgebind just does a lot of (physically coded, so can be blinked) damage.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Well, finally kicked Fenrir's rear end and golem was a push over. A very sturdy push over.

Turns out the secret to success is Keepers Tome, Forbidden Power, Full Break, and Armor Breakdown. Also getting Squall's BSB2 and diving Cloud enough for 5 star spellblade access.

Golem kind of lacked any real offense from the various buffs and buffs, but I can already tell I ain't getting him under that time limit this way.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

xanthan posted:

Well, finally kicked Fenrir's rear end and golem was a push over. A very sturdy push over.

Turns out the secret to success is Keepers Tome, Forbidden Power, Full Break, and Armor Breakdown. Also getting Squall's BSB2 and diving Cloud enough for 5 star spellblade access.

Golem kind of lacked any real offense from the various buffs and buffs, but I can already tell I ain't getting him under that time limit this way.

The easiest way to sub-30 is via wind magic, since he's specifically keyed to last against Zack Chain + Cloud USB1 as the premiere physical wind bullshit combo. I can't consistently sub-30 him with Zack Chain + Cloud USB1 + Celes + Zidane all shanking him as hard as possible. If I had onion knight pusb it might be a little easier.

Well, okay, I just dived Celes, so with her extra gauge generation I might actually be able to sub-30 now.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
You can also bring a dispel; I ran my Golem teams without a proper healing spell and just relied on SB/Enkidu healing and did fine

No wind chain either, Midgardsormr was still a bitch and a half, and the only 4* I managed to sub30 by "accident" (RNG went really well and Ill never be able to do it again with my current setup)

Which, all Ive got left is Hades now; no chain, but I hope I'll be ok with TGC USB, Bea USB, WoL LMR+ASB+BSB, OK pUSB, and I guess Larsa BSB for heals (or Alma USB and rely on curadas)
I also have Agrias' imperil USB+OSB I can slot in, and Pencil WallUSB and Glint if I want to get really creative with my setup.

After that I can start beating my head against Quetz. Hopefully Thancred bUSB carries me as well as it did for Ixion; Guy USB with the Heavy pair is an option for Savage breaking. Still no chain but I think I can do it if I hone up the earth ninja abilities

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
So whats the strategy with Omega? Any weird gimmicks to know about?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

This Brave USB buff seems pretty big

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I think they are now on par with old USB's, though still nowhere close to the upcoming awakenings.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I skimmed the banners between now and 4A, and I think the only ones it will be hard to resist pulling on are Tactics-2 (because I'm really close to a D??? Torment clear there) and IV-2 (Palom, Rosa, Kain). There's really nothing that impressive in the next 4 months. It'll be RoP and USB Luckies only for me.

Then like 10 pulls on 4A B3.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

There's the second go at all the good VIII stuff, the V event where everyone switches elements and possibility we'll get the disidia dark awakenings one before 4th aniv rather than after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How do Brave USBs work? I haven't gotten one and just by reading some of the relics it sounds like you do follow up attacks, but they get stronger each time. Also there has to be a catch otherwise there's no point in there being a level 0 and now level 1 since doing the USB sets it past those levels.