Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Vikar Jerome posted:

the ps2 version still holds up and i had way more fun with it than the original 1 on ps2
I can't make this make sense at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

yeah MGS4 would be cool on PS4

Hell, any MGS game would be cool on the PS4. Unfortunately, we never got one.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I thought that Kiwami had better pacing than 0. It turns out that having tutorials up until the half way point of the game and switching stories every two chapters such that the same tutorials are repeated really interrupts the flow for me.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have barely started Resident Evil 7 and I am already massively creeped out. I am so glad I waited to play this till I got a VR set!

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

beep by grandpa posted:

It means play Devil May Cry

Related, this just dropped

https://twitter.com/DevilMayCry/status/1067845682185162752?s=19

The time has come and so have I :getin:

That is so stupid.

But only 150 bones, you say?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Akuma posted:

I can't make this make sense at all

ps2 games are still fun and compared to yakuza 1 on the ps2, yakuza 2 on the ps2 holds up way more than y1 does. like playing yakuza 1 ps2 i just kept thinking of how much better k1 was but y2 felt different. probably that not much had changed plot wise, did miss the new k2 actors tho. but i mean, of course both kiwamis are better but i did like those extra areas in y2 and club adam, tell nagoshi to put them back in k2 somehow. i'll pay.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 28, 2018

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BisterdDave posted:

words that kill...

fakeedit: gives me an excuse to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3Ye5c44qzA

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Time to replay RDR2

I rushed the story the first time so now I need to do all the side quests and just enjoy my time

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Over There posted:

Time to replay RDR2

I rushed the story the first time so now I need to do all the side quests and just enjoy my time

I've been rushing through the story as well since a friend finished the game already and wanted to talk about the ending. I just finished chapter 6 last night, and I'm kinda bummed I didn't get to go around and find fossils for that random lady, or collect any items for people at camp. Luckily I kept a separate save from chapter 2 that I can go back to in order to do all that stuff.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

BisterdDave posted:

Was there any fine print that specified any of the items shown were prototypes? If not that's seriously hosed up to advertise like that. gently caress scummy business practices.

Nope and they opened themselves to lawsuits now.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

haveblue posted:

Isn't it? It's weird how Rez feels like it was supposed to be in VR all along. And how some things in the game are huge in a way that doesn't come across on a flat screen.

I've been playing Rez since the PS2 release so this was surreal. The experience translates so perfectly. It's like a real version of all the goofy marketing for 90s game peripherals where you turn on your Sega Activator or whatever and now you're really in the game, dodging Lui Kang's fireballs

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

VideoGames posted:

I have been able to sit down and play some Psvr again and have started the demo disc

Goodness Rez Infinite is exhilarating!

Have you played Astro Bot Videogames? I have not had as big a smile on my face playing that first level as since I first saw a videogame [no pun intended]

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

VideoGames posted:

I have barely started Resident Evil 7 and I am already massively creeped out. I am so glad I waited to play this till I got a VR set!

I have some friends coming over tonight to try the VR out and I'm excited to scar them with RE7 :haw:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Rush of Blood is probably better if you want to freak out your friends with cheap scares, honestly. RE7 is terrifying but it's also slow, built for long sessions, and (relatively) complex to control. It also doesn't really have motion control features which is a huge part of the VR experience.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Nov 28, 2018

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

PantsBandit posted:

I have some friends coming over tonight to try the VR out and I'm excited to scar them with RE7 :haw:

I still haven't finished it. ugh

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Sentient Data posted:

Holy poo poo you guys! It's probably old news, but you know that giant piece in mystery mode in Tetris Effect? You can put it in hold! :psyboom:

That is hilarious.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

All the Spyro hyped & talk is absolutely 100% fueled by nostalgia, and that's totally fine.

I never played spyro when it came out and I'm absolutely loving it right now.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

PS4 Pro borked again, either it IS an overheating thing (but then it's also doing it while on standy so who knows) or my TV is sending an EMP over HDMI 2. Time to vertically stand!

Also boo at "Playstation Hits" editions of games not coming with patches on the disc. :argh:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

exquisite tea posted:

I play indie games with overwrought dialogue all the time but Iconoclasts was too melodramatic, even for me.

Yeah, same.

I bought Iconoclasts the same day I bought Celeste. Logged 40 hours in Celeste and 2 hours in Iconoclasts.

I should get around to finishing it some day, but it just goes to show that only the occasional 2D sprite game is GOAT material, and for the rest the art style is simply an affectation.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

yeah I liked Celeste alright but it's like, why does Super Meat Boy need to say something

:shrug: I thought the emotional resonance of the story in Celeste was on point.

beep by grandpa posted:

Yeah but everyone loves Celeste's story & rightfully so :unsmith:

It's really cool that it got nominated for goty at geoff keighley's game awards this year. Which will be a must watch for me this year cause I think there will be big announcement

If it weren't for MHW then Celeste would be my GOTY. Bless.

BisterdDave posted:

:golfclap:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

when i played RE7 first without VR i thought it was weird that so many attacks in the game involve grabbing you by the face, but now i know why

also a lot people upset about MGSV wouldnt have been happy with any version of that game that could theoretically exist.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

PantsBandit posted:

Demo Disc 1 has the Kitchen demo, which is super duper freaky and ties into RE7.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

also a lot people upset about MGSV wouldnt have been happy with any version of that game that could theoretically exist.

the most 'nah'-worthy post

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

What are you on about? The (correct) consensus is the game is a 10/10 gameplay-wise but suffers from a lot of the trappings of open world games and is obviously and painfully unfinished- everything shits the bed in Act 2 and people consider its villain the weakest in the series. There's nothing controversial about any of that and people hating on the game head to toe is almost unheard of. Did you mean another game?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

rabidsquid posted:

Wow, no. If there was a MGSV (I know, this joke is getting old), Hayter needs to be the voice 100%. Also, let Kojima have the budget to do exactly everything he wants with the game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

. There's nothing controversial about any of that and people hating on the game head to toe is almost unheard of.?

BP itching to smash the reply button

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I got so mad I literally dropped the fuckin keyboard and it hit reply so I was like Welp gotta commit my thoughts real fast and just like big boss I accomplished it, no alerts

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

BP itching to smash the reply button

I like the gameplay :shrug:

That's not enough. Sorry.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

miller snake rule 34 animated with sound asmr

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

BisterdDave posted:

Wow, no. If there was a MGSV (I know, this joke is getting old), Hayter needs to be the voice 100%. Also, let Kojima have the budget to do exactly everything he wants with the game.

that seems to be what sony is doing with kojima's new game, and I'm curious whether it'll actually be better or if he needs someone to step in and say no

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I like the gameplay :shrug:

That's not enough. Sorry.

I have literally put over 3000 hours into MGSV, 1790 on the PS3 and over 1500 on the PS4, long after my interest in the story experienced heat death, because the minute to minute gameplay in MGSV is so enjoyable. Good story is why I'll bust out MGS3 every five years and beat it again but that's like dealing with chopping onions in order to enjoy the onion soup at the end. To put 3000 hours into a game you really have to love the act of chopping onions for the sake of chopping onions

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Manatee Cannon posted:

that seems to be what sony is doing with kojima's new game, and I'm curious whether it'll actually be better or if he needs someone to step in and say no

I've compared Kojima to George Lucas before, thinking that Death Stranding might prove that 100% Kojima isn't a good thing. I'd like to be proven wrong though. The game could somehow get nominated for an Oscar.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the trailers make it seem like he's disappeared completely up his own rear end but we'll see

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
and do we really need another game with Troy Baker voicing the character Troy Baker?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

and do we really need another game with Troy Baker voicing the character Troy Baker?

despite your earlier transgressions I am 100% down with this feeling.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

I've compared Kojima to George Lucas before, thinking that Death Stranding might prove that 100% Kojima isn't a good thing. I'd like to be proven wrong though. The game could somehow get nominated for an Oscar.

The risk with Kojima is that his reach might exceed his grasp. A "100% Kojima" game is going to be huge in scale, dripping with production quality, control perfectly, and be polished to a sheen -- and take millions of dollars and years to build, possibly never seeing the light of day. I wonder how much time and money he spent motion capturing that extended jeep ride from the opening cutscene for Ground Zeroes. It's gonna be a very funny shitshow if Sony has to snatch this project away from him too.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

I have literally put over 3000 hours into MGSV, 1790 on the PS3 and over 1500 on the PS4, long after my interest in the story experienced heat death, because the minute to minute gameplay in MGSV is so enjoyable. Good story is why I'll bust out MGS3 every five years and beat it again but that's like dealing with chopping onions in order to enjoy the onion soup at the end. To put 3000 hours into a game you really have to love the act of chopping onions for the sake of chopping onions

The gameplay is good in MGSV. The gameplay is better in MGS3. By a mile. By several country miles littered with mossy trees, alligators, leeches, and tsuchinokos.

I do not have to qualify this for it is self-evident.

People who feel otherwise are fuckin weirdos.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

The gameplay is good in MGSV. The gameplay is better in MGS3.

(holds belly and laughs)

Why can't I crouch and walk

Why can't I walk around while I have a sniper rifle equipped

Why do I have to press square to aim

The controls are a goddamn horror show

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

(holds belly and laughs)

Why can't I crouch and walk

Why can't I walk around while I have a sniper rifle equipped

Why do I have to press square to aim

The controls are a goddamn horror show

Steve Yun, a :corsair: currently in my sniper crosshairs. One shot by me and you don't even get a bossfight to call your own. Rest now. Grow mold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Gene

Meme

Scene

Sense

Void