Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ben's rear end voted for more yemeni children to starve to death btw.

https://twitter.com/alexkotch/status/1067909084324790273

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

https://twitter.com/markos/status/1067823115118374913

(for the youngsters out there this is the guy that founded the daily kos)

After the convention in ‘16, it was bannable to be a Bernie supporter on DailyKos. After the convention in ‘20, it will be bannable to not support Bloomberg’s third party run, or maybe consider a vote for Trump.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

You can't just take all your framing of everything from fox news. There has never been a time democrats supported any sort of walling of the 2000 mile border.

It's not right wing framing, it's objective fact. And yes, they did vote to support walling off the border my dude.

Obama, Clinton, Schumer

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
:siren: Tom Clancy fan fiction about Russia's ability to conquer the former Eastern Bloc doesn't belong in this thread, tia. :siren:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Dobbs saw the name Clinton first, but stopped reading before he got to Donald Trump's name.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

selec posted:

After the convention in ‘16, it was bannable to be a Bernie supporter on DailyKos. After the convention in ‘20, it will be bannable to not support Bloomberg’s third party run, or maybe consider a vote for Trump.

I mean if you consider voting for Trump instead of writing in AOC you are a Bad Leftist imo.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i want to be elected senator just to scream in ben sasse's face about what a phony piece of poo poo he is. he makes me madder than the other monsters because at least they don't pretend to be above it all.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Groovelord Neato posted:

i want to be elected senator just to scream in ben sasse's face about what a phony piece of poo poo he is. he makes me madder than the other monsters because at least they don't pretend to be above it all.

I'd vote for someone on a platform of 'I'm gonna scream at Sasse and Flake and poo poo real loud'

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Chomskyan posted:

It's not right wing framing, it's objective fact. And yes, they did vote to support walling off the border my dude.

Obama, Clinton, Schumer

A law to put up 650 miles of fence along the border is not the same as a law to erect a wall across all 2000 miles of the border.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Welp. Any hopes I had for the next two years are gone.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/JonEHecht/status/1067869537628868608

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Pakled posted:

A law to put up 650 miles of fence along the border is not the same as a law to erect a wall across all 2000 miles of the border.

lmao

Democrats: we're only in favor of 32% of the racist wall

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Pakled posted:

Morally speaking it's not really much better actually and no Democrats should be buying into the right's bullshit framing of immigration from the south as some spoopy scary thing that needs to be stopped.

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010

Pakled posted:

$1.5 Billion dollars isn't going to erect a 2,000 mile wall across the border either but if you vote for it, you're voting for the wall.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

as lovely as geraldo is that rant did make me feel things.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Groovelord Neato posted:

as lovely as geraldo is that rant did make me feel things.

Geraldo is a Trumpist.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Giggy posted:

We're trying to win over the dumb middle. No one in our party is dumb enough...

I don't think Democrats want the wall. I do think a lot of Democrats don't care about the wall and will build one if it means they win. I also think a lot of Democrats don't want a wall but don't understand how their language can normalize the idea.
Democrats, by and large, think the wall is a stupid waste of money, not an actual bad thing.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I guess Flake was able to delay the confirmation of 5 judges by 2 months.

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1067908462775029762

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Chomskyan posted:

Obama, Clinton, Schumer

A fence is not a wall. Also that was from over a decade ago and things have changed a little in this country if you haven't noticed.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Giggy posted:

$1.5 Billion dollars isn't going to erect a 2,000 mile wall across the border either but if you vote for it, you're voting for the wall.

... It explicitly excludes wall funding

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012

Young Freud posted:

There's even the possibility Israel no longer has nukes, having only developed a few that have passed their expiration dates, for non-proliferation reasons

This would be extraordinary beyond anything. Nothing about Israel's actions leads me to believe they are capable of military restraint.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Skex posted:

A fence is not a wall. Also that was from over a decade ago and things have changed a little in this country if you haven't noticed.

We should criticize Democrats for lovely votes they made in the past because those same Democrats are still in office. Every Democrat who voted Iraq should be shamed from office and replaced, for example.

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010

Skex posted:

Actually, people were arguing against the fence with the same rhetoric people are arguing against the wall today and Democrats voted for it out of compromise. Things haven't changed that much.

You can argue the compromise was worth it, but don't argue that the bad things dems did wasn't bad.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Glass half.... no, quarter-full: The Michigan GOP just teed this up to be put right back on the ballot for 2020.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Skex posted:

Next you'll tell me things have changed since 2003 so the Iraq vote doesn't matter.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Giggy posted:

Actually, people were arguing against the fence with the same rhetoric people are arguing against the wall today and Democrats voted for it out of compromise. Things haven't changed that much.

You can argue the compromise was worth it, but don't argue that the bad things dems did wasn't bad.

Yeah I have the luxury of being a bit older and having not forgotten. It was wrong then, and wrong now.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rigel posted:

Delayed them to the point where Republicans will have a rubber stamp majority to pass them anyway with the Florida and Missouri pickups, and he won't have his name attached to any of them like he does to the Rapist Guy because he'll no longer be a senator.

Thank you, Jeff Flake, for covering your own rear end one last time before the door hits it on your way out, and nothing else :patriot:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
This is the most centrist conversation ever.

Right wing: "Build a 2000 mile wall"
Left wing: "Don't build a wall at all!"
Centrist: "How about a 650 mile" *winks at left wing* "fence?"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Rigel posted:

Jeff Flake is doing Chuck Schumer's job better than Chuck Schumer. By accident...

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Pakled posted:

You're on shaky ground when the strongest defense of your position is "technically, it's not a wall"

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

This is the most centrist conversation ever.

Right wing: "Build a 2000 mile wall"
Left wing: "Don't build a wall at all!"
Centrist: "How about a 650 mile" *winks at left wing* "fence?"

You know, I would accept "it's necessary because political reality and that sucks, call your congresspeople and complain" as a response. What pisses me off is people trying to be like "well is it really that bad? It's just a fence." Yes! It's that bad!

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Honestly I just call the fence a wall bc I know the libs will jump over themselves to correct me. Which is hilarious bc they earnestly think they have some sort of point

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Giggy posted:

That vote was from 12 years ago the political landscape and the electorate was completely different. There really was effectively no political left in the United States prior to the 2006 election.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Lemming posted:

You're on shaky ground when the strongest defense of your position is "technically, it's not a wall"

The strongest ground is that the bipartisan bill with the fence was in opposition to a much much much more evil bill that had passed the house that included such things as making being an illegal immigrant a felony.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Chomskyan posted:

Honestly I just call the fence a wall bc I know the libs will jump over themselves to correct me. Which is hilarious bc they earnestly think they have some sort of point

Well you see a wall wouldn't actually be effective at keeping people out but we need a fence.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Dobbs is finally gonna keep over when he learns that Trump was part of the Epstein rapetrain

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Pakled posted:

briefly consider the snivelling little toad of a man who, told by a fascist to shoot a brown person, gives himself a snicker and a warm pat on the back for only shooting to wound.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Chomskyan posted:

I like that two posts after trying to defend you aren't just fox news incarnate you are literally talking about trying to trigger the libs.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I like that two posts after trying to defend you aren't just fox news incarnate you are literally talking about trying to trigger the libs.

i like that you're defending building a wall to own the leftists!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

briefly consider the snivelling little toad of a man who, told by a fascist to shoot a brown person, gives himself a snicker and a warm pat on the back for only shooting to wound.

This is a little much, come on now ZePollack.