Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/alea_/status/1067122035007082499?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Guy Axlerod posted:

I thought the smoke alarm at the top of my stairs was bad. They took "top of the stairs" literally and centered it over the edge of the top step. One foot back would have been just fine guys.

We had a light in the stairwell that was out for most of the year we lived in the house. Ended up fixing it by having my partner stand on a guitar amp perched on the 4th step from the top, while I leaned my rear end against it to make sure it stayed wedged in place.

I feel like this was one of the less dangerous options.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

I forget this level from Katamari.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

We had a light in the stairwell that was out for most of the year we lived in the house. Ended up fixing it by having my partner stand on a guitar amp perched on the 4th step from the top, while I leaned my rear end against it to make sure it stayed wedged in place.

I feel like this was one of the less dangerous options.
A guitar amp, as a solid box with a flat bottom and flat top, is probably one of the better “screw it, what do we have that to stand on” options in existence.

At the very least, it’s much better than the usual chair, stool, flimsy table, pile of books, etc that people often try.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Oh, now that's just cruel.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Gotta give him credit for determination cause imagine how he got there in the first place, I'd make it maybe a quarter of the way at most before saying okay, this ain't workin', full stop.

The fun part will be getting *back*.

They're not bad in and of themselves, if you like the style, but why all identical? Not even different colors...

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Darchangel posted:

Not if you make it into a sick parkour video!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

H110Hawk posted:

Not if you make it into a sick parkour video!

<Leaps up, spins around, shuffles back>

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Darchangel posted:

Oh, now that's just cruel.

They're not bad in and of themselves, if you like the style, but why all identical? Not even different colors...

If you have different colours, one colour might not sell as well as the others. Can't take that risk.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

With just the first picture I thought that was all 1 connected palace in Europe, like Versaille meets Neuschwanstein. I was going to say, its not my style but atleast its consistant and has sane rooflines

Oh god

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Nov 29, 2018

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I literally can't see them as full size houses.

They genuinely look like plastic Barbie Dream Houses to me.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Nov 29, 2018

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
This is why you always, always check and fix gas leaks.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

kid sinister posted:

This is why you always, always have some other poor sap check and fix gas leaks.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Darchangel posted:

<Leaps up, spins around, shuffles back>
I think the ledge goes all the way around, so he could just shuffle to the end to get his legs back together and, let's just say there's a slightly complicated bit involved before he can shuffle back forwards.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Just have your friend toss a couple mattresses on the stairs and drop down. It'll be fine!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

kid sinister posted:

This is why you always, always check and fix gas leaks.

People heard and felt the explosion 20 miles away.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

People heard and felt the explosion 20 miles away.

Not surprising. The house that blew up in Gladwyne three miles from here had me and all the neighbors outside thinking a large truck hit a tree, and my friend in Jersey thought someone slammed a door in her house.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

God drat

No one was home. Next door had their windows blown out. House is a "total loss". No poo poo.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

null_pointer posted:

God drat

No one was home. Next door had their windows blown out. House is a "total loss". No poo poo.

House? What house?

This is a free range woodchip and glass shard sanctuary now.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

How long until we find out it was done for insurance fraud?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
They just wanted to build a different house on the same site and figured this was easier than a standard demolition.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Clearly May and Hammond are at it again.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
this isn't crappy per se but this has been on the market forever and I'm pretty sure the previous owner died because he didnt say jumanji before going to bed

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Springfield-MO/126287274_zpid/

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Kraven's Last House.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

moist turtleneck posted:

this isn't crappy per se but this has been on the market forever and I'm pretty sure the previous owner died because he didnt say jumanji before going to bed

That's some loving dedication to a theme. Honestly, it all looks pretty well done.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

That is incredible, I could die happily in that house. I mean it's a little bit loving nuts and more at home at an amusement park, but I think that is why I like it. The only problem is it's in Missouri.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

tetrapyloctomy posted:

That's some loving dedication to a theme. Honestly, it all looks pretty well done.

I was all on board until I noticed a couple fixtures using moose antlers, destroying the entire African theme. 0/10.

Weirdly, it's actually on the nose. I've seen a number of those things showing up in bars and restaurants and hotels in Kenya, particularly those on the safari trail appealing to tourists (especially the older ones that have been there for 100 years and never really updated their look). Of course, usually not all in one huge medley or with quite the density.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

moist turtleneck posted:

I wish I was rich so I could buy it and burn it down, with all the trimmings inside.

gently caress that entire house.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm the impossible-to-clean floor

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

Love the Porsche stained glass window. Really works well with the rest of the theme.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Could someone make an educated guess as to what that decoration has done in terms of raising or lowering the process of that place compared to an unmolested one?

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

spog posted:

Could someone make an educated guess as to what that decoration has done in terms of raising or lowering the process of that place compared to an unmolested one?

The price history had it listed at 8.9 million in May, 3.75 million in August and now it's down to 2.5 million.

So even among the folks that can spend 2.5 million dollars on a place to live, you've got to figure 90% of them don't care for African decor, at least not that heavily. It's admittedly got some super cool features, like the fishpond runs under the office with a glass floor.

But at the end of the day, it's a 2 bed/2 bath with 3300 sq feet on 5 acres in Springfield, Missouri. It's in a mediocre school district. Most of the things that make it come together and work are extra.

Just a quick peek on Zillow, you can get comparable sized houses/lots in the same area for 250-500k, and they're all 4 bedroom.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
It’s nice that they give you the history of where everything was looted. Floors from Indonesia in the 1750s. Doors from a mausoleum in India in the early 1800s. It’s a colonizers wet dream.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Gunjin posted:

It’s nice that they give you the history of where everything was looted. Floors from Indonesia in the 1750s. Doors from a mausoleum in India in the early 1800s. It’s a colonizers wet dream.

Yeah, I noticed the mausoleum thing too. That house is hella haunted. Or cursed. Probably both.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

The lion's expression is a little too appropriate.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

That house should be pretty secure, has a daemon engine of khorne guarding the foyer.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Someone forgot their concrete block.

https://i.imgur.com/Q1XZOdS.mp4

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
The impressive part there is getting the bike on to his head in the first place.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
There is a rope up top helping pull it up, still impressive.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Where?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
Zestimate for the African Queen: $145,460.