Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

beep by grandpa posted:

https://twitter.com/screencuisine/status/1067985020336230401?s=19

I love video game trainwrecks so, so much. I think this has far surpassed Andromeda and even Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric at this point in the last 5 years of bombs but I think I might be forgetting one more...

Edit: Battlefront 2. I think this is probably on par but not worse just yet.

The only thing that could make this better is if there were a lovely version of the skin with a nylon bag for 500.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

:bisonyes:

Last stuff looked boring as hell walking. Gonna play.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Yes please thank you daddy kojima

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

Yes please thank you daddy kojima

Holy poo poo Kojima with the reigns off. This will be the best things ever or a complete shitshow we havent seen the likes of since the star wars/hobbit prequels!

I'm so ready either way. Guys just putting he friends and favorite people in a game, cause of course he is!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

June 30 is a Sunday, it's a placeholder. Besides, that is way too early of a release date for it.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
I just found out how badly Sony hosed up the PlayStation Classic, and I'm positively bewildered. It shouldn't be possible to do so many things wrong.

Not even talking about the line-up! Completely apart from the line-up, they shat the bed real good on this one.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-playstation-classic-emulation-first-look

About half the games are the PAL versions (regardless of where you buy the mini-console), and those games all repeat every fifth frame in order to match up with the locked 60Hz output of the device itself, resulting in awful visual stutter, on top of the fact that the games will only run at 5/6th the speed they're supposed to. And even the NTSC games don't run right!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BisterdDave posted:

June 30 is a Sunday, it's a placeholder. Besides, that is way too early of a release date for it.

its not too early, it had a march release leak previously. i'd march or june is a good bet. i bet we get the date for kojimas new game during his good, good friend, geoff keighley's award show.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bombadilillo posted:

Holy poo poo Kojima with the reigns off. This will be the best things ever or a complete shitshow we havent seen the likes of since the star wars/hobbit prequels!

I'm so ready either way. Guys just putting he friends and favorite people in a game, cause of course he is!

I'm kinda impressed that it actually seems to be a coherent project moving on a schedule instead of just Kojima getting lost in the woods tacking on every feature and idea he can think of.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

No one could be more saddened by the release of Death Stranding than Hideo Kojima himself, for then Lea Seydoux and Guillermo Del Toro will no longer be his contractually obligated friends.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Bombadilillo posted:

The best thing about it is that it will be the biggest story of this gen good or bad. It’s gonna be amazing though. I have faith in my boi.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Death Stranding comes with a free PS5 included

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Over There posted:

Death Stranding comes with a free PS5 included

Death stranding impregnates you with the ps5 in your techno-womb. You cry if it breaks.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
everything we've seen of death stranding is easily running on a ps4. easily.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Vikar Jerome posted:

it was a joke dear sir

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

I'd say it was walking on ps4, bth

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I watched a video last night that made some connections between P.T. and what we've seen of Death Stranding so far. Some of the things he points out are definitely a stretch, but others have me excited for what could be the end result of the game.

https://youtu.be/z0azt86yntM

God I just want to see more horror-related stuff from Kojima.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
When was a credit supposed to be emailed if we qualified for that buy 2 games in that time window, thing?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

beep by grandpa posted:

I love video game trainwrecks so, so much. I think this has far surpassed Andromeda and even Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric at this point in the last 5 years of bombs but I think I might be forgetting one more...

The PC version of Arkham Knight, which was so bad they pulled it entirely until they could remake it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Every year has a new easiest high-profile game to make fun of. In 2015 it was Arkham Knight, NMS in 2016, Andromeda in 2017, and a late slam dunk with Fallout in 2018.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Feenix posted:

When was a credit supposed to be emailed if we qualified for that buy 2 games in that time window, thing?

Check your PS4 notifications. It comes through there.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Check your PS4 notifications. It comes through there.

Yes, but I don't think I've gotten anything and I *thought* I was eligible. Just wondering if they had been sent out yet or if I'm early.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Every year has a new easiest high-profile game to make fun of. In 2015 it was Arkham Knight, NMS in 2016, Andromeda in 2017, and a late slam dunk with Fallout in 2018.

2013 had Ride to Hell Retribution, 2014 Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric and don't forget in 2017 we also had a double helping with Star Wars Battlefront 2. Mmm mm what's for dessert this year?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

beep by grandpa posted:

2013 had Ride to Hell Retribution, 2014 Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric and don't forget in 2017 we also had a double helping with Star Wars Battlefront 2. Mmm mm what's for dessert this year?

Anthem is definitely the best contender for the official 2019 BadGame

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/kept_simple/status/1067872566981926912

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Anthem is definitely the best contender for the official 2019 BadGame

I think there's too much riding on Anthem for it to be transcendently bad instead of just vaguely disappointing, but then again I thought the same thing about Andromeda before that was released.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

BisterdDave posted:

I watched a video last night that made some connections between P.T. and what we've seen of Death Stranding so far. Some of the things he points out are definitely a stretch, but others have me excited for what could be the end result of the game.

https://youtu.be/z0azt86yntM

God I just want to see more horror-related stuff from Kojima.

Compelling. But could be no more than these Kojima games are both super Kojima-ie. And he liked a band so he put them in stuff multiple times?

If the supposition is true I'm sad that I watched that and ruined what could be a hell of a reveal.

Gonna preorder and go darkened ship on Death Stranding info.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

hahaha this is so good

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Does that 15$ psn thing work on preorders? Sekiro also and instant buy and the times running out on that credit. And sales ended before they came me the credit :v:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

10/10

Feenix posted:

Yes, but I don't think I've gotten anything and I *thought* I was eligible. Just wondering if they had been sent out yet or if I'm early.

I got mine a week or so ago.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I got mine a week or so ago.

Shoot. I got Spiderman and RDR2 and figured I was good, but didn't think about the fact that I may have technically preordered Spiderman? Hmmm...

[edit] Checked my account activity, nope, I spent like 150 bucks in that period.

Guess I gotta reach out?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 29, 2018

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

exquisite tea posted:

I think there's too much riding on Anthem for it to be transcendently bad instead of just vaguely disappointing, but then again I thought the same thing about Andromeda before that was released.

Anthem has given zero indication of it being good. From the repeatedly-reused linear demo, to concept art recycled from the original reveal for the last e3 before release, down to just not being able to show the central hub city less than six months out from release.

It is all but certain to be a certifiable trainwreck.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Agreeing with this. After everything that happened with Andromeda there's no way they'll let the game's basic presentation/functionality be anything below your typical AAA fare, with some room for launch week hiccups.

But yeah its biggest crime I think will be it being absolutely unremarkable in any way. Just avg 7.5/10 AAA game that a few game journalists might try to prop up as the next coming of jesus cause of past loyalties to BioWare. What's sad is given EA's trackrecord it's very possible Anthem will be BioWare's last game :canada:

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 29, 2018

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It gives every indication of being a straight Destiny clone, only without Bungie's technical acumen and seemingly preternatural ability to stumble the game back towards being good no matter how bad it gets for a while.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Anthem has given zero indication of it being good. From the repeatedly-reused linear demo, to concept art recycled from the original reveal for the last e3 before release, down to just not being able to show the central hub city less than six months out from release.

It is all but certain to be a certifiable trainwreck.

Wasn't there a leak or something on reddit where someone had inside knowledge that the game is currently a wreck and they keep having to re-work it?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Feenix posted:

Shoot. I got Spiderman and RDR2 and figured I was good, but didn't think about the fact that I may have technically preordered Spiderman? Hmmm...

[edit] Checked my account activity, nope, I spent like 150 bucks in that period.

Guess I gotta reach out?

I might be wrong but I think it may have only been a thing for a certain group of games. Mostly ones launched in October? Might be just remembering the deal all wonky though.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I might be wrong but I think it may have only been a thing for a certain group of games. Mostly ones launched in October? Might be just remembering the deal all wonky though.

Yes, I had my info wrong. I am on chat, apparently of the 3 games I bought only Spiderman was eligible. However, the chat guy just told me he was able to validate the other 2 purchases, whatever that meant. He's generating me a code.

May be worth hitting up PS Support Live Chat if you bought some games but didn't get a code.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Playstation support is nothing but unhelpful

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

beep by grandpa posted:

I was kind of hoping that Fallout 76 would get great reviews so that we'd have another Driver 3 incident, but alas...

Edit:

Bombadilillo posted:

Does that 15$ psn thing work on preorders? Sekiro also and instant buy and the times running out on that credit. And sales ended before they came me the credit :v:

The code expires, but the code simply adds 15$ to your wallet, and that money never expires. It also can be used on anything, including preorders, unlike the "20% off" codes that we get sometimes.

CordlessPen fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 29, 2018

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I wanted a refund on a preorder a week or so before launch and they refused because they said that I got an profile icon from the preorder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

BisterdDave posted:

Wasn't there a leak or something on reddit where someone had inside knowledge that the game is currently a wreck and they keep having to re-work it?

This is exactly what happened with both Destinies and The Division

The genre is a bit of a curse in general