Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1067963521047117824

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

So are they doing heel vs heel or turning Bianca face?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

fatherofmustard posted:

So are they doing heel vs heel or turning Bianca face?

Heel vs Heel would be my guess.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

It seems like they're never going to do a blow-off to the Nikki/Bianca feud

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's hosed up that they decided to portray matt riddle as a simpleton

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Cavauro posted:

"Simple Matt"

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

DarkstarIV posted:

If WWE has any intelligence at all, they'll make the match either Shayna/Io, or a triple threat (Shayna/Bianca/Kairi or Io). If they straight up do Shayna/Bianca, I will find it drat near impossible to care about the match.

Belair's undefeated streak on the line would make me interested and her and Shayna's cockiness against each other would also be interesting to see.

If that's the 4way, where does that leave Kairi?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

Belair's undefeated streak on the line would make me interested and her and Shayna's cockiness against each other would also be interesting to see.

If that's the 4way, where does that leave Kairi?

She's apparently not at these tapings tonight. I imagine she won't return until the January tapings or soon after Takeover: Phoenix.

I think the issue I have with Shayna matches that I can't get over is that she works best when she's facing an underdog babyface. Those tend to be her most interesting matches (even if most of them are squashes). Bianca is the polar opposite of an underdog. And also not a babyface. Regardless, I do think Bianca is losing at Takeover: Phoenix.

I hope the plan is just to put the Kairi/Shayna feud on the backburner for a bit (which seems to be the plan if what was indicated on tonight's episode of NXT happens), and fire it back up after Takeover: Phoenix. Because there were some people tired of them hogging the spotlight, so I figure if they get Bianca's title shot out of the way, Io or Kairi would be next in line for a title shot at Takeover: New York.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Nov 29, 2018

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

I mean he’ll come off that way himself unless they found a way for him to never talk. It’s probably better to just play into it and let it burn out.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ciampa helped Gargano beat Black in the cage match main event. DIY finish

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/1067977063183908865

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
NXT loving sucks

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

embrace the buzz

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

rovert posted:

NXT loving sucks

Agreed and unban RGL please

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

this is what i wanted all along

well i wanted ciampa face again but this is good also

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MotU posted:

this is what i wanted all along

well i wanted ciampa face again but this is good also
Hope this leads to Black Velvet being the team to stand up to Dark DIY

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lmao if you told me how much I'd hate this feud after New Orleans I'dve assumed you were crazy, but here we are.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Never underestimate the ability for the WWE to take all the heat out of a feud

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Never underestimate the ability for the WWE to take all the heat out of a feud

It's NXT becoming as loving lame as the main roster that threw me for a loop.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Yeah it wasn't long ago I thought we were in a big long return for NXT heights.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

There’s been enough NXT stuff that looked like poo poo on paper but turned out to be fun so I’m gonna reserve judgment.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Heels are better than faces. You’re supposed to learn this when you become an adult.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I am seriously grumpy that (presumably) Kairi's sudden illness is robbing me of getting to see her wrestle live at Takeover and (also presumably) win the title.

That being said Heel Turn Johnny has me very intruiged, because this could mean Velveteen Dream is going to team up with Black. OR A FATAL FOURWAY FOR THE BELT! :O

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Isn't this Gargano-Ciampa just some long term booking? I thought we were all fans of long term booking? I wonder if Sane-Baszler will grind people the wrong way as this feud has.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Sanguinia posted:

I am seriously grumpy that (presumably) Kairi's sudden illness is robbing me of getting to see her wrestle live at Takeover and (also presumably) win the title.

That being said Heel Turn Johnny has me very intruiged, because this could mean Velveteen Dream is going to team up with Black. OR A FATAL FOURWAY FOR THE BELT! :O

She probably wasn't going to win the title back.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

fatherofmustard posted:

She probably wasn't going to win the title back.

Let me have this

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

There’s been enough NXT stuff that looked like poo poo on paper but turned out to be fun so I’m gonna reserve judgment.

Match quality tends to carry even the dumb NXT to being watchable. But I will say NXT is feeling more and more like "Just watch Takeovers" is good advice.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

They’re saving Io/Baszler for Mania weekend right

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's been a long time since I've recommended watching NXT weekly TV, but I'd never tell anyone to skip out on a Takeover.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Sanguinia posted:

Let me have this

The feud between Shayna and Kairi isn't over yet. And there is another set of tapings between now and Phoenix. There are a whole lotta people not excited for a Shayna/Bianca feud because both are arrogant rear end in a top hat heels that you aren't supposed to like, combined with the fact that Bianca won the fatal four way in a fairly dirty fashion.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

either give the title back to Black or send him to main roster so he can escape the fate of being the third wheel for this neverending poo poo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

or send him to main roster

It's being considered :rip:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

TV Zombie posted:

Isn't this Gargano-Ciampa just some long term booking? I thought we were all fans of long term booking? I wonder if Sane-Baszler will grind people the wrong way as this feud has.

I dunno , most of the people I've talked to about Sane/Baszler has said that all of the matches have been good but we don't really need match number 6 or 7 or however many it is now.

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Nov 29, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TV Zombie posted:

I want good booking. Gargano getting his cathartic victory and breaking a losing streak of like five takeovers only to turn into an incompetent moron and go right back to losing every big match sucks. I get that the payoff is that he rediscovers Johnny Wrestling and vanquishes Ciampa but after all this crap I don't care anymore. He was my favorite thing in the company and now I just don't care anymore. Black's reign getting killed by this feud sucked too.

Also after the finishes to those Street Fight and LMS matches I don't even have any faith in the Takeovers anymore. This feud basically killed my interest in NXT.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Evil DIY owns, why are people bitching?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Johnny is a dumb nerd who can't talk.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Evil DIY owns, why are people bitching?
I don't know same people who think NXT TV has been awful when it has been pretty solid for this year post WM Takeover

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

I want good booking. Gargano getting his cathartic victory and breaking a losing streak of like five takeovers only to turn into an incompetent moron and go right back to losing every big match sucks. I get that the payoff is that he rediscovers Johnny Wrestling and vanquishes Ciampa but after all this crap I don't care anymore. He was my favorite thing in the company and now I just don't care anymore. Black's reign getting killed by this feud sucked too.

Also after the finishes to those Street Fight and LMS matches I don't even have any faith in the Takeovers anymore. This feud basically killed my interest in NXT.

Agreed completely. At least King of the Hill is on Hulu so I still have reason to have Hulu :unsmith: sure ain't this anymore

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

achillesforever6 posted:

Hope this leads to Black Velvet being the team to stand up to Dark DIY

I really do hope they go with this angle against them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Le Saboteur posted:

I really do hope they go with this angle against them.

I'd ALMOST toxx on it.