Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

God help them if that isn't something for an actual game. I can't believe that they'd preempt Anthem with a full announcement like that, but it would be the most Bioware thing ever to have them sit back, witness the past month, and then just happily walk face-first into the Diablo: Immortal meatgrinder . :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
There's this quote as well:

quote:

We announced one of the things we’ve done recently (a 4k enhancement to Mass Effect: Andromeda on Xbox One) but as we alluded to in our N7 Day video, that was just a small part of the plans we’re making for Mass Effect going forward.

ME: Andromeda was pretty weak, but I want my Quarian Ark, drat it.

Also, very much seconding Generic American's post above. God help them if this isn't actual news of a DA game.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Am I the only one reading "excited to continue its legacy" to mean "minor spin-off game" rather than DA4?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Dragon Age actually has some freemium games already, so EA is good there. Who knows what it’ll be...

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
At one point Mark Darrah was asking whether people would be interested in a Dragon Age Tactics game on Twitter.

To be honest, I have no idea what this is, BioWare's team structure is too confusing for me to figure out whether they'd have had the manpower to make significant progress on their new big Dragon Age project while finishing work on Anthem.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I wouldn't mind Dragon Age: Tactics as a spinoff until DA4. It's certainly better than a 76 or Immortal situation, and you could still have party relationship dynamics like Fire Emblem or something.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Maybe it’s a wicked grace spinoff game

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
there is definitely a conventional AAA DA4 in development. the last inkling of news--you can find it somewhere itt--was that it was being restructured to more easily facilitate lootbox-style and always-online style monetization. it would be huge news--a disaster on a larger scale than andromeda--if it has been silently cancelled. because it has probably been in development with a major team for 4 or 5 years.

Zane fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 29, 2018

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I don't know if I expect it to be good but I like the DA setting/series enough that I hope it is at least playable and continues the story. Trespasser had me wanting more.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
New phone game who dis

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

New phone game who dis

I'll tell you for $0.99

for $4.99 I guarantee it'll be true

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
Casey Hudson is going to announce hes an incel

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Ainsley McTree posted:

Maybe it’s a wicked grace spinoff game

Make Josephine the star and somehow hit the sweet spot between Happy Home Designer and Yakuza sidequest ridiculousness. Hell, throw a whole visual novel/dating sim in there too.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I don't really want to have any optimism about what it might be but remember that Alexis from Fallen London was working on a Dragon Age game of some kind, so something must exist there at least.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Make Josephine the star and somehow hit the sweet spot between Happy Home Designer and Yakuza sidequest ridiculousness. Hell, throw a whole visual novel/dating sim in there too.

House flipper but you're renovating Skyhold.

Lewd Mangabey
Jun 2, 2011
"What sort of ape?" asked Stephen.
"A damned ill-conditioned sort of an ape. It had a can of ale at every pot-house on the road, and is reeling drunk. It has been offering itself to Babbington."

AzureSkye posted:

House flipper but you're renovating Skyhold.

"This used to be the dungeon where the Inquisitor tortured her captives, but now let's help Varric turn it into a man cave."

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
It would be funny if EA/Bioware announced DA4 after our meltdown following Patrick Weekes ominous tweet. And by funny I mean really good!

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i hope the announcement is da4, a game i will most likely buy and play, and not some spin off i couldn't care less about.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Roobanguy posted:

i hope the announcement is da4, a game i will most likely buy and play, and not some spin off i couldn't care less about.

This is why they called the bad game Dragon Age 2

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

This is why they called the bad game Dragon Age 2

that's why i said most likely buy.

i did end up buying da2 for like 5 dollars though.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
I met one of the voice actors recently, and they said that DA4 was definitely being made, but if they said anything about it, they were getting recast with Freddie Prinze Jr. I choose to believe all of this is legit.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Gonna be a real kick in the nuts when DA4 comes out and it's a subscription based mobile game.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Admiral Ray posted:

Gonna be a real kick in the nuts when DA4 comes out and it's a subscription based mobile game.

...with a gacha.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

...with a gacha.

You got Merril, Dalish Queen!
Now collect Merril, Dead and Merril, Inside an Eluvian to complete the set

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Something's bugged, I keep trying to sell my Isabela dupes to the Qunari trader but she always comes right back!

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Maker help me, I feel the urge to play DAI again even though the last playthrough took me two years of wall clock time. I played two handed reaver warrior last time, what's another fun subclass if I want to break things and gently caress ppl up

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Knight enchanter mage was great, you are pretty much unkillable and get a lightsaber. The later has been nerfed but there’s an unnerf mod floating around if on pc.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Knight-Enchanter is still really good, you just have to occasionally press something other than Spirit Blades to survive.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Rift Mage is fun if you wanna blow stuff up and throw things around.

Artificer is ridiculously strong and the traps are fun. Tempests are also cool.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Knight-Enchanter is still really good, you just have to occasionally press something other than Spirit Blades to survive.

After the change Knight Enchanter got really loving boring. I took it to swing my lightsaber and be immortal and now you can't, so the idea seems to be defeated.
Reaper was still really strong though!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Tempest dagger rogue is the most fun I've had in the game, you zip around and do insane damage

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Taear posted:

After the change Knight Enchanter got really loving boring. I took it to swing my lightsaber and be immortal and now you can't, so the idea seems to be defeated.
:psyduck: It was the exact opposite for me. Original KE gameplay was just mashing a single button.
With the charge mechanic KE changed into a high mobility class where you're constantly zooming around, in and out of melee range, with fade step. A KE isn't immortal anymore, but they're still quite sturdy. And you still use the lightsaber, you just have to alternate it with spells.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Raygereio posted:

:psyduck: It was the exact opposite for me. Original KE gameplay was just mashing a single button.
With the charge mechanic KE changed into a high mobility class where you're constantly zooming around, in and out of melee range, with fade step. A KE isn't immortal anymore, but they're still quite sturdy. And you still use the lightsaber, you just have to alternate it with spells.

The spells and the lightsaber were slow. I'm down with just pressing one button and never dying, I took it to see what ridiculous stuff I could do with it - like killing level 20 dragons at level 10 and etc.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Raygereio posted:

It's spell pretty immortal after a while. You can do enough damage even without saber spam to consistently keep barriers up.

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal
Dagger rogues are the most fun from the start - mages spend much of the early game standing in one place waving a stick, rogues get abilities with movement right away.

When you get specializations rift mage has the best spells and is fun, but I would still rate tempest or artificer dw rogues the best - they have the most varied choices in combat.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
https://venturebeat.com/2018/12/04/dragon-age-4-2021/

smh EA deletd the original concept for da4 because it wasn't really live service

A new dragon age is at least 3 yrs away

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

smh EA deletd the original concept for da4 because it wasn't really live service

It’s just gossip and rumors, why are we passing this around as fact?

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
I didn't think Laidlaw had mentioned any sort of business reasons for leaving.

Did learn today after looking it up that he was responsible for introducing the Guard mechanic to DA:I. In the previous titles only mages could heal and he felt it constrained players to always bring a mage along, but with Guard a tank could keep themselves alive. I don't love all of DA:I's mechanics but that was a good change.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

Dunno if true but drat it would be peak EA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

HIJK posted:

Dunno if true but drat it would be peak EA.

The reboot part is definitely true. Other publications reported on it before and instead of going "nah", Casey Hudson went "oh, when you'll look at what *live* means you'll be relieved" on Twitter, which was basically a confirmation.