Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Who What Now posted:

Cupcakes? I would have thought she'd prefer Ding Dongs

That's no way to talk about Peter, man :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Proteus Jones posted:

I think you will find Deadpool, Cable, and Nick Fury killed time traveling Hitler in the late 50s

I think my favorite part is that Deadpool just says "BANG".

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Sluggo is lit

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 34 minutes!

quote:

I think that’s something the teacher character can do. Because Ernie Bushmiller’s adults were almost always, I think, just pestering Nancy. Being like, “You have to do homework.” “You have to do this.” “I’m not gonna give you a bank loan.”

quote:

“I’m not gonna give you a bank loan.”
SHE KNOWS

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 27, 2018

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
I am glad to know that Sluggo is Lit is a deliberate thumb in the eye of the haters.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I thought that was clear like the very day it came out.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

X-O posted:

I thought that was clear like the very day it came out.

It was, but I like the official confirmation.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

joehonkie posted:

I am glad to know that Sluggo is Lit is a deliberate thumb in the eye of the haters.

A lot of the strips are deliberately provoking the old men readers

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm glad she gets royalties for the Sluggo is Lit t-shirts, I know syndication contracts can be really one sided, especially for characters the artist didn't create.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Proteus Jones posted:

I think you will find Deadpool, Cable, and Nick Fury killed time traveling Hitler in the late 50s

I just noticed that Hitler's thumb is in the trigger guard.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZYJO2lx Linked because it's from this week's Deadpool and Spiderman issue

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

That is super adorable, thank you for sharing

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

zoux posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZYJO2lx Linked because it's from this week's Deadpool and Spiderman issue

I rarely read the comments, but I just found my new favorite gif

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MARVEL COMICS DOT COM

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

zoux posted:

I like that Spiderman instantly assumes Deadpool already knew his secret identity.

:spidey: : ":qq: it keeps happening"

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Byzantine posted:

He would've been captured by the Soviets, so I doubt that.

Yeah in 1945 Hitler's options were: shot by a soviet and left in a ditch, tried in Nuremberg and hanged until he died, or suicide.

Prison was not really a consideration.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Yeah I admit, those are way more likely, but having syphilis slowly destroy his mind and body over the course of five to ten years is so much worse than any of those options to me.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

From the Undertaker graphic novel.

It's ridiculous without context and it's extra ridiculous with the context. Context that's only known via being a wrestling fan 14 years ago and not from the comic itself.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Always keep your hands on the urn.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Jonny Nox posted:

Yeah in 1945 Hitler's options were: shot by a soviet and left in a ditch, tried in Nuremberg and hanged until he died, or suicide.

Prison was not really a consideration.
Oh, no, I'm sure they could have taken him back to Moscow for trial; for starters, he would have probably walked there barefoot.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm sure they would've killed him immediately but like make a show of it by sticking his head on a pike and marching it through the streets of Berlin or something

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Little known fact, Paul Bearer was screaming no for the entire two months.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Gavok posted:

From the Undertaker graphic novel.

It's ridiculous without context and it's extra ridiculous with the context. Context that's only known via being a wrestling fan 14 years ago and not from the comic itself.

Undertaker seems to suffer from Reverse Chris Benoit Body Syndrome where his arms are really long but his torso seems pretty squat.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Push El Burrito posted:

Little known fact, Paul Bearer was screaming no for the entire two months.

He ruined nap time and quiet time.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

Grendels Dad posted:

Undertaker seems to suffer from Reverse Chris Benoit Body Syndrome where his arms are really long but his torso seems pretty squat.

I suffer from reverse Chris Benoit Brain Syndrome in that I don't want to kill my wife and child.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

I suffer from reverse Chris Benoit Brain Syndrome in that I don't want to kill my wife and child.

Sounds awful. Is there a cure?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Gavok posted:

He ruined nap time and quiet time.

It's where Daniel Bryan got the gimmick.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

CzarChasm posted:

Lots of concussions.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I liked when Paul Bearer returned for like one episode of Raw and they just left him in a freezer.

Then he died IRL and everyone was sad because by all accounts he was one of the nicest people in wrestling. (And even HE didn't like Kevin Dunn.)

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Endless Mike posted:

I liked when Paul Bearer returned for like one episode of Raw and they just left him in a freezer.

Then he died IRL and everyone was sad because by all accounts he was one of the nicest people in wrestling. (And even HE didn't like Kevin Dunn.)

As a kid it didn't even register to me that Paul Bearer was supposed to be a spooky character, because he just seemed like such a genuinely jolly fellow, even if he did have a bit of a penchant for the dead.

Also, even in death he served (the WWE): He had apparently given authorization to them to use a representation of his ashes in a storyline after his death.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

CzarChasm posted:

Check out their username, they already tried everything.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The best thing about Paul Bearer is imagining that he sounded like that in his every day life. Go on, imagine him trying to return a busted electronic appliance or something. It's like imagining Batman baking muffins in his costume.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Lurdiak posted:

The best thing about Paul Bearer is imagining that he sounded like that in his every day life. Go on, imagine him trying to return a busted electronic appliance or something. It's like imagining Batman baking muffins in his costume.

He was a real life mortician, so imagine him doing ACTUAL funeral stuff in his Paul Bearer voice.

"Can you get some nice roses to put near the casket? My mother loved roses..."
"Ooooo~oooh yees, roses! Beautiful reeeed roses!"

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

CzarChasm posted:

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Grendels Dad posted:

Reverse Chris Benoit Syndrome

That's when your wife and kids headbutt each other too much and then get roided out and tag team murder you, right?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

One More Fat Nerd posted:

That's when your wife and kids headbutt each other too much and then get roided out and tag team murder you, right?

Uh, Actually, he only killed one of his kids
:goonsay:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Zaodai posted:

As a kid it didn't even register to me that Paul Bearer was supposed to be a spooky character, because he just seemed like such a genuinely jolly fellow, even if he did have a bit of a penchant for the dead.

At the time, wasn't there the Addam's Family movie reboots, animated series, and classic reruns on Nick at Nite? So Paul Bearer just seemed like one of the many cousins that made it to the mainstream.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

CzarChasm posted:

At the time, wasn't there the Addam's Family movie reboots, animated series, and classic reruns on Nick at Nite? So Paul Bearer just seemed like one of the many cousins that made it to the mainstream.

That may have contributed too. I watched a bunch of the original Addams Family reruns as a kid, and while I never thought to connect the two it makes perfect sense when you point it out.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Young Thor #7. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Less swooning, more slaying, Thor! You can bask in her gory glory later.