Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you thankful for?
This poll is closed.
Video games (sincere) 44 10.89%
Video games (ironic) 14 3.47%
Video games (the mod) 74 18.32%
Video games (but only for my platform of choice) 10 2.48%
Video games (but only the one game I play) 13 3.22%
Video games (but only the ones I played as a kid) 17 4.21%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (sincere) 38 9.41%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (ironic) 14 3.47%
Bowsette 117 28.96%
That this Bowsette meme seems to be dying 63 15.59%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the actual game i played the most is Simple Mahjong Online on the Nintendo Switch but idk if that actually counts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

GOTM is Hitman 2016 imo

What do people think about marrakesh, I only had time to do one run this morning but I didn't really like the school section with one million soldiers. The consulate is cool though.

Just a first impression though, I'm sure I'll figure out better ways to navigate the school.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My personal GOTM would be Beat Saber if I didn't wreck my body every time I play it so I guess it's still Destiny 2

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
November GotM is... Tonic Trouble?!

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Regy Rusty posted:

GOTM is Hitman 2016 imo

What do people think about marrakesh, I only had time to do one run this morning but I didn't really like the school section with one million soldiers. The consulate is cool though.

Just a first impression though, I'm sure I'll figure out better ways to navigate the school.

Its mid tier but I like it more than Bangkok

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Agreed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bangkok is cool but doing SASO in it drove me prodromal

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I spent the last month straight playing red dead 2 and it was pretty good but I got back to dragon quest 11 last night and I dunno it might take the month for me

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

GOTM still Streets of Rogue for me, still trying to get the super versions of each class by beating their main quest, some of which are way way harder than others

Also :krad: is still #1 of all time sorry

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

My gotm is morrowind

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Poniard posted:

My gotm is morrowind

I demand to see the Daggerfall code hiding inside of it, show it to me, now

No for real please show it to me I miss Daggerfall so much

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
gotm is ocarina of time randomizer

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Anyway, what’s GotM this month

I played a ton of RDR2 and really liked the story but TBH I think Tales of Berseria was a game I liked more.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I still have that Halo 3 Legendary Helmet in my room

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/TristanACooper/status/1067947323072946182

MMF Freeway posted:

Return to the Obra Dinn

A GOTM that I actually played and beat in the month of its release

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

cheetah7071 posted:

I had no idea that the Zelda/Metroid randomizer was a thing and spent a solid 2 minutes in a state of confused panic when I saw oatsngoats playing what I assumed was Super Metroid until Samus found Link's blue armor and then one screen later Link was digging up the screw attack and the screaming just did not stop until a friend explained to me that black magic has been done and made this possible

They just need to add in a Mario game somehow and the trinity will rise to consume all video games

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jay Rust posted:

Anyway, what’s GotM this month

Hitman 2, easily

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

I'm finally playing persona 4 and enjoying it so i guess that's my gotm. i think I'd be more impressed by the combat if i hadn't already played octopath traveler which has a better version of the 'prod for elemental weaknesses' system, but everything else is good so far.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

cheetah7071 posted:

I wonder if these will catch on in a more official sense, or if it's something better left to fan mods? Like sequence breaks, it seems to me (someone who doesn't know how to design a video game) that it would be really hard to make an authored experience that also works well with a randomized on purpose, without just ending up with a roguelite.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Control Volume posted:

Yall.

PARKITECT

Is this Two Point Theme Park

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

WayForward is now helping the dev team for Bloodstained.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

It's like if Tony Hawk was still trying to be young and hip at 50. Like no joke he just recently turned 50. I mean you can still be cool at 50 but you usually can't pull off being young and hip by then. And in fact considering his profession he might literally break his hip trying to be hip. Don't attempt a sick-nasty at your age Tony it's not worth breaking your hip over!

:wrong:
https://twitter.com/tonyhawk/status/1067201552639639552?s=19

e: oops that was pages ago

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
GOTM is RDR2 for me. I can't put that game down. It's something to take the mind off while I'm unemployed because boy does that trigger anxiety in me. (EDD in Cali suuuucks)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Relax Or DIE posted:

I wonder if these will catch on in a more official sense, or if it's something better left to fan mods? Like sequence breaks, it seems to me (someone who doesn't know how to design a video game) that it would be really hard to make an authored experience that also works well with a randomized on purpose, without just ending up with a roguelite.

This is why Zero Mission is probably the best 2D game ever made

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
But for real guys GOTM is Resident Evil 4, just an all round amazing game

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I'm enjoying RDR2 but I think DQXI takes GotM for me. It's such a good game.

I really want to get Hitman 2 and I feel like my inability to spare the cash to buy it now is hurting IOI. I'll grab it on sale when things stop being so tight around the Waffle household.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think you could make a game that plays very very well randomized (as in the item randomization of romhack randomizers, not full-on roguelike random maps) but I suspect every game that plays better than zelda/metroid randos will end up having to focus so hard on having a good rando experience that there won't also be an option to have curated item placements (or if there is, it'd be worse than just playing a non-randomized zelda/metroid)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The real GotM is the friends we made on the way.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Snooze Cruise posted:

So Undertale?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Macaluso posted:

So Undertale?

Why must you hide behind the jokes, Macaluso. The real friends are here, in this video game chat, right now...

except for the ones with bad opinions on things... you know who you are

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Snooze Cruise posted:

hosed up to call me out in front of everyone

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Snooze Cruise posted:

Why must you hide behind the jokes, Macaluso. The real friends are here, in this video game chat, right now...

I have some opinions about Breath of the Wild if you're interested

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

gotm is maybe Majora's Mask, maybe Astrobot, I dunno

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Game of the Month is Tetris Effect for me. poo poo owns

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

A shame that there's no gotm again this month.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I didn't like anything about Undertale. I tried to like it, too. Just not for me.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Astrobot is rad, but Hitman 2 owns so much.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6z2PBK_VhE

New Smash looking lit.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

GotM is definitely the Warhammer Total War 2 expansion. Zombie pirates are so much more fun to play as than I ever could have imagined.

Edit: zombie pirates led by evil ghost opera singer riding a house-sized hermit crab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

chumbler posted:

A shame that there's no gotm again this month.

• Locked thread