Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Looks like you can get there via a ferry from the original map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Yeah they added Travemünde into the base map as a port to the baltics if you don't have Going east or the Scandinavian dlc.

But you should buy all the map dlc anyway.

I'd buy that mega pack but I never use any of the paintjobs anyway so it's pointless

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 29, 2018

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

Does Baltic require all previous DLC, only the base game, or some smaller subset of DLC?

Of course this happened after I bought everything. C'est la vie.

At least it is a developer I don't mind giving money to. I just hit 2330 hours played in ETS2.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

track day bro! posted:

I'd buy that mega pack but I never use any of the paintjobs anyway so it's pointless

:same:

Although when I grabbed the Oregon DLC I did also get the vintage stripe paint pack because it looked super cool :)

Kilonum posted:

I just hit 2330 hours played in ETS2.

:chanpop:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
This is insanely worth the money if you don't have any of the map dlc

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/5555/Euro_Truck_Simulator_2_Map_Booster/

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

It's also worth it if you only have some of them as there's an extra discount.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Yeah I’ve got the first two and the bundle is still cheaper than the last two combined.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Looks like they axed the NM and DLC bundle but that's alright because they're now about the same price combined outside the bundle as they were when in it.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Have there been any hints on what is after Oregon? Are they going up the west coast, or moving east? I feel like Utah would make sense sooner than later, so that there would be a solid block of states filled in if they did. But going up the west coast also makes sense.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

American Truck Simulator: Ice Road Truckers

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

ToastyPotato posted:

Have there been any hints on what is after Oregon? Are they going up the west coast, or moving east? I feel like Utah would make sense sooner than later, so that there would be a solid block of states filled in if they did. But going up the west coast also makes sense.

From what I recall the plan was Oregon and Washington, then moving back down to Texas. Possibly Colorado?

Obviously, that can change at a moment's notice and, beyond the initial discussions around release, they haven't said much.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Other than incompatibility with the new Baltics DLC, what's the current consensus on Promods + RUSmap? I used those two together a ton back when I played a lot of ETS2 and they were buggy but added a lot to the game. Now that there's a lot more DLC and it's been several years since I've tried it, are they still considered to be a huge bonus or are they just not worth it anymore?

I have all the regions + cargo packs as of yesterday with the nice steam sale, and I did get the Baltic DLC, so it was more of a theoretical question since I can't use them anyways without overwriting the DLC areas.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

oh look, an actual border crossing mechanic now!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
It should take way longer and there should be a bribe option on the russian side imo. Tbf this is the first time the base game has needed this as most of it is in the Schengen area, maybe not Norway but idk.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Kilonum posted:

oh look, an actual border crossing mechanic now!

Papers please.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

Is it possible to build a mega-computer powerful enough to drive big rigs in VR yet? It was unplayable when I last tried a year ago.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Roll Fizzlebeef posted:

Is it possible to build a mega-computer powerful enough to drive big rigs in VR yet? It was unplayable when I last tried a year ago.

I’d be interested to know too. If no one else knows, I can load it up in VR this weekend and see if it’s any improved since last year. I’ve since upgraded to a 1080GTX from a 980Ti, but I don’t think the crappiness was even necessarily as much a power issue as just a “game isn’t built for VR” issue with truck sim.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

It's mostly the engine that makes the performance awful right? Because even normal xTS runs kind bleh for me compared to other games. Man, I was watching a streamer play the new ETS dlc, and he was crossing over some new bridge and my god the pop in... :psyduck: The rendering distance in these games triggers the gently caress out of me some times.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

From what I recall the plan was Oregon and Washington, then moving back down to Texas. Possibly Colorado?

Obviously, that can change at a moment's notice and, beyond the initial discussions around release, they haven't said much.

If I had to choose between those, I would probably choose Washington, since that would feel more complete, with regards to finishing the west coast. Texas in theory is cool because it is huge, but Texas before Utah + Colorado just seems weird to me. I wish they would do more than one state at a time though. Like Washington + Idaho would be amazing value, or the previously mentioned Utah + Colorado. Texas is so big I would imagine it would have to be solo, but it would be cool if it were paired with Oklahoma.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I could see Washington because with the Pacific northwest assets from Oregon they might have a little less work.

Texas is too big to bundle. I just can't wait 'til they get to Oklahoma because it's where I'm from and I'm excited to see how they try and make it interesting. Because it's not.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

Washington seems like the likely option since there's so much asset crossover with Oregon in climate and culturally. Then once they've got a nice base of southwest and foresty areas they can start filling in more of the 'transitional' states, and then states in the Rocky Mountains are probably going to call for another 'set' to fill in the gaps.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I could see Washington because with the Pacific northwest assets from Oregon they might have a little less work.

Texas is too big to bundle. I just can't wait 'til they get to Oklahoma because it's where I'm from and I'm excited to see how they try and make it interesting. Because it's not.

This, but Kansas. I can imagine Oklahoma being bundled with Kansas and Nebraska just because of how much nothing there is contained within those borders.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Hopefully they'll include the Picher area in Oklahoma and let you drive through condemned mining towns with huge piles of chat alongside the road!

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

Eastern Oklahoma isn't too bad. Sure it isn't in my top driving destinations but it isn't the desolation that people associate with Oklahoma either. The north western part has some cool desert and plateau scenes too.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

we're gonna need a bigger map https://www.iru.org/resources/newsroom/first-china-europe-tir-truck-secures-trade-flow-record-time

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I would hope that the big empty states could be bundled. Selling Wyoming or Nebraska separately would feel pretty bad.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
True, but It’s not like New Mexico is exactly dense.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

In case you missed getting the Windows notification every five minutes, Trucksbook client got an update.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Is there a recommended wheel to get for this game?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Oldstench posted:

Is there a recommended wheel to get for this game?

I love my Logitech G29

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

kidkissinger posted:

I love my Logitech G29

Cool thanks. Weird question - my computer desk has a curve cut out of it - I guess it's intended for computer touchers with computer-toucher-gut. Does this require a perfectly straight edge to mount?

Here's a top-down view of what the cutout look like:

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I’d be interested to know too. If no one else knows, I can load it up in VR this weekend and see if it’s any improved since last year. I’ve since upgraded to a 1080GTX from a 980Ti, but I don’t think the crappiness was even necessarily as much a power issue as just a “game isn’t built for VR” issue with truck sim.

I have an i5 8600K, 1080GTX & 32GB RAM.

When I tried it with my Vive about a month ago it ran really well.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Oldstench posted:

Cool thanks. Weird question - my computer desk has a curve cut out of it - I guess it's intended for computer touchers with computer-toucher-gut. Does this require a perfectly straight edge to mount?

It might be a little odd, but if you're willing to put some bolt-holes in the desk, the G29 does have threads built in and i think it would still be perfectly stable.

Edit: Here's the mounting template if this makes things any clearer

https://www.logitech.com/assets/53963/templates.pdf

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Shouldn't matter anyway, you'll be building a cockpit by years end anyway :)

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Harminoff posted:

Shouldn't matter anyway, you'll be building a cockpit by years end anyway :)

Heh, maybe. Turns out I can't mount it to this desk anyway because there's a support bar that runs along the front edge that's about 1" in from the deepest part of that curve.

Guess no wheel for me.

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

Oldstench posted:

My G27 fits on a desk like this without issue. It's an Ikea Jerker desk.

Oldstench posted:

there's a support bar that runs along the front edge that's about 1" in from the deepest part of that curve.

Also no problem here with a G27.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Oldstench posted:

Heh, maybe. Turns out I can't mount it to this desk anyway because there's a support bar that runs along the front edge that's about 1" in from the deepest part of that curve.

Guess no wheel for me.

The bar shouldn't be a problem, the clamping jaws at the front of the wheel's base should fit over it if it's only 1" from the edge.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Also, just to clarify, the g27 and g29 are pretty much identical- the G29 just has a few extra buttons.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Stick Insect posted:

My G27 fits on a desk like this without issue. It's an Ikea Jerker desk.

Also no problem here with a G27.

It is a Jerker, so that's good to know. I hope the G29 has the same profile as the G27. The 27 isn't available anymore. Thanks.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Oldstench posted:

It is a Jerker, so that's good to know. I hope the G29 has the same profile as the G27. The 27 isn't available anymore. Thanks.

It's the same chassis, just with a few extra buttons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Yeah, only difference between the G25, G27, G29 and G920 is the wheel itself, the shifter, and the electronics